Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Gururaj

Orthopedist, Bangalore

Dr. Gururaj Orthopedist, Bangalore
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I pride myself in attending local and statewide seminars to stay current with the latest techniques, and treatment planning....more
I pride myself in attending local and statewide seminars to stay current with the latest techniques, and treatment planning.
More about Dr. Gururaj
Dr. Gururaj is one of the best Orthopedists in JP Nagar, Bangalore. He is currently associated with Dr. Gururaj@Chirag Hospital in JP Nagar, Bangalore. Book an appointment online with Dr. Gururaj on

Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on You will find Orthopedists with more than 25 years of experience on You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Chirag Hospital

#1635/A 17th Main road, 2nd Phase JP Nagar Bangalore 560078Bangalore Get Directions
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Gururaj

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

I had a bit back pain so I used pain killer is it safe? Can you suggest a good medicine for this pain please.

MPT - Orthopedic Physiotherapy, BPTh/BPT
Physiotherapist, Noida
Sos tretment is safe, take heat fermentation twice a day for 20 minutes sit straight. Avoid long sitting, standing,
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi My hand got fractured and the plaster is removed yesterday. But after removing the plaster, the hand is paining a lot, not able to move. It sticked at a place. If tries to move it hurts a lot. Pls suggest.

BPT, MPT - Orthopedic Physiotherapy
Physiotherapist, Sangrur
Hello Lybrate user After removing POP cast exercises are must to reeducate the involving muscle and to regain the strength of muscle too.In immobilise stage or Pop cast is necessary to heal the fracture. Once fracture is healed next stage to mobilise the joint with proper exercises. First week of exercise of that joint can be painful but proper smooth movement decreases pain day by day and joint becomes painfree & actively move. Exercise with advice of qualified physiotherapist only.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir i'm 65 yrs old and having both knee joint pain because of osteoporosis for the last five years. Major problem I have while walking but otherwise there is no swelling and I don't take any pain killers. I can stand for 15-20minutes. Please advise treatment except knee replacement. Thanks

Fellowship in Shoulder and Knee Surgeries, DNB (Orthopedics), Diploma In Orthopaedics (D. Ortho), MBBS
Orthopedist, Nagpur
You have right to choose treatment. Doctors will advise best treatment for you. If problem is since 5 years, it's high time to get complete relief. You will need replacement either now or in a couple of years. So why do you want to increase your suffering. Knee replacement gives best results.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have exercise but now feeling very pain in muscles, is any diet can help me for this?

Homeopath, Faridabad
Hello 1. Take alfalfa tonic(wsi), 2 – 2 tsp. Thrice a day, half an hour before meals. 2. Calcarea phos 200, 5 drops , once in aweek , morning empty stomach for 2 weeks. 3. Take eggs, milk, butter, bananas, potatoes, mangoes, figs, oats, soyabean and dry fruits.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello sir my wife is 23 year old and when she is siting is legs are go to sleep and so much pain when she is stand up so pls advise me some home remedies treatment and yoga or any thing else. Thank you.

Homeopath, Mumbai
Start with Homeopathic medicine:-- Cal carb. 200 Colocynthis 200 4 pills each medicine x 3 times daily x 30 days Take medicine as advised.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

For last three day I was suffering from severe back bone pain, I always use to play football every evening. What will be the reason for my pain?

BPTh/BPT, Bachelor of Science
Physiotherapist, Gurgaon
Hello, your problem is may be due to following reasons- 1. Overweight, 2. Deficiency of vitamin d3 or calcium, or lack of water in the body, 3. Postural stress, 4. Muscle strain, 5. Arthritis etc. Please send me all investigation reports if available. Till then follow these advises:- 1. Take calcium supplements and sun bath daily to prevent further damage to your joints. 2. Avoid heavy lifting. 3. Avoid squatting and weight bearing activities. 4. Use western toilet. 5. Wear shock absorbing, good quality of shoes while walking. 6. Keep roll of a towel under your knees while sleeping. 7. Perform some gentle exercises and stretching of your all joints before getting out of your bed. 8. Walk straight with shoulder protracted. 9. Perform deep breathing exercises or yoga for proper functioning of lungs. I can explain you stiffness and pain reducing techniques, if interested. Wish you a happy and pain free life thanks.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I m 34 year old my father is suffering from als. Is there any treatment available for that.

DM - Neurology
Neurologist, Hyderabad
Till date there is no therapy or medicine to cure als. Riluzole is the only available till date which can partially delay the progression of disease for 2-3 years. Stem cell therapy is being tried in some places with partial response, but still it is in experimental stage. Some newer therapies now under trial phase. If some of these therapy become successful it will create some hope in future.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 65 years old male I have neck pain and some time downward back pain. I sit before laptop for 3-4 hours daily. Please advice.

FRHS, Ph.D Neuro , MPT - Neurology Physiotherapy, D.Sp.Med, DPHM (Health Management ), BPTh/BPT
Physiotherapist, Chennai
Check your system working postures kindly move every 1 hr of 5 min least regularly from your sitting on system for pain have ift physiotherapy treatment 12 days followed by cervical shoulder mobilisation stregthening exercises do hot & cold water fomentation for 10 min each for 10 days.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 73 years old and I have back/knee pains. What I can do is at this stage knee can be replaced or not ?

Physiotherapist, Bangalore
Hello, first of all we' ve to know what is the the cause behind your pain, if its muscle weakness start strengthening. If it is joint wear and tear becos of your weight try to reduce weight. Or if it is an vitamin level is low then we' ve to try balance them. So in case your x-ray shows that your joint is worn out and all these above things doesn' t help then surgery would be the option. So go to an physiotherapist and take all the reports what you' ve, they will suggest you accordingly. Dr. Avanthi Prabhakar.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Yesterday in the evening was sitting in the office and all of a sudden I started having anxious thoughts and fear. I was shaking and got panicked. Since today morning o am having pain on my right side arms and right chest near armpit. I am feeling nausea too. I did ecg and echo test last month and consulted cardiologist and he said it is normal. Why do I get this symptoms and start getting anxious.

General Physician, Mumbai
Dear lybrateuser, -you appear to be quite anxious & disturbed -to reduce your anxiety & fear you should practice yoga, listen to music or learn some relaxation techniques, basically to take some time out from your work & any problem -eat well balanced meals, do not skip meals, if feel hungary then keep energy boosting snacks at hand -limit intake of tea or coffee to 2-3 cups/day -get sufficient sleep about 7-8 hrs a night -take deep breaths to relax your mind -if your chest & arm pain are recurring & disturb you then consult a doctor as investigation like an x-ray may be required.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello doctor I am 44 old years women and having pain in knees and feets because of lack of calcuim in my body. Apart from this I am having vericose veins which is very thin and increasing day by day. Kindly advise.

MSPT (Master of Physical Therapy)
Physiotherapist, Indore
Do not stand for long hour and apply pressure stockings spicily made for varicose. And while sleeping put your feet on the pillow and do ankle toe movements and do knee strengthening exercises. Thanks and regards Dr. Ritesh kharnal
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 53 years. Self employed. And suffering from knee & jt. Pains. Wt. 90 kgs. With obesity. Please Advice.

DNB (Orthopedics), Diploma In Orthopaedics (D. Ortho), MBBS
Orthopedist, Chennai
You must likely have arthritis in the knee joints. Get xrays of the both the knee joints - ap and lateral views and sed them to me
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have severe head ache And stomach ache from two day and I also suffer from pain in my joints.

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Navi Mumbai
first of all you should follow some basic thing 1.avoid=hot and cold at time 2.less the sugar as much as possible if you want to eat sweet take juggery which is black 3.dont drink water after meal drink at the time of meal sip by sip up to 150 ml 4.avoid late night sleep 5.panchamrut parpati 1 tab before lunch and dinner 2.audumbaravleha 2 tsp before lunch and dinner
Submit FeedbackFeedback

While doing gym my left shoulder get jerked its hurting when I stretch my left arm. What should I do?

DNB (Orthopedics), M Ch. Ortho, Diploma In Orthopaedics (D. Ortho)
Orthopedist, Delhi
Avoid doing exercises for some time take pain killers for few days once pain settles, start doing shoulder strenghthning exercises if no relief consult privately.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Mare dono pair ke taloo(heel) me 4 months se jalan ho raha hai satha me derd bhi hota hai subha uthne per jameen pe pair rakhane me bahut derd hota hai phir kuchh der chalne ke bad derd kam hota hai per derd 24 hours bana rahta hai.

General Physician, Nashik
You seem to have plantar fascitis. Use soft slippers and revert for detailed assessment and management.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 37 years old male and have a pain on my right leg on bottom when I playing cricket. What should I do?

Homeopath, Delhi
Hello, you can take homoeopathic medicine Rhus Tox 30 ( 4 drops in little water) thrice a day for a week and update with the feedback.
4 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a 50 year male having backache, neck pain in nerves for the last 15 years and now started knee pain in maniscus area what should I do.

MBBS, MS - Orthopaedics
Orthopedist, Delhi
It could be due to cervical spondylosis this is quite a common condition rule out diabetes & vit. D deficiency or any other metabolic disorder. Sleep on a hard bed with soft bedding on it. Use no pillow under the head. Any way take ibuprofen 200mg od & sos x 5days do neck & back (spine) exercises use of cervical collar will give you relief. It may have to be further investigated. Make sure you are not allergic to any of the medicines you are going to take you will need other supportive medicines also. Do ask for detailed treatment plan. Do not ignore. It could be beginning of a serious problem.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My age is 32 and sometimes I feel stiffness in my right foot thumb. Should I visit to any doctor or there is nothing to worry.

Physiotherapist, Mumbai
Hi you can visit physiotherapist. Wear comfortable shoes. Take contrast bath or wax therapy at physiotherapy clinic.
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed