Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GowrammaYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. I'm 28 years old married since 5 years. Had a misc in the first year and conceived this month and again had a miscarriage. Please help or suggest.
Hello sir, I have unprotected sex with my wife same day of her periods has to come. She have taken ipill within 38 hours of unprotected sex. Now her periods got delayed for 1 week and what are the chances of pregnancy. We are not ready for baby now. After how many days of unprotected sex she can check for pregnancy test?
Hi. M 28th week pregnant. M feeling sometimes shortness of breath .and urine incontinence. So will you please suggest me.
Hi, I am 33 years old and I have 2 kids. I had tubectomy surgery 11 years back, now we want to have one more baby, please suggest which one is the best procedure.
Hello, I am facing excessive hair loss for last 3-4 months. I was diagnosed with pcod by a gynecologist who did sonography by herself in her clinic. She said that in both ovary pcod has developed. But after that I went to sexologist and she said that pcod is in only one (left) ovary with 11-12 follicles. Then I went to endocrinologist, who said that at this age (36 yr) pcod is not a big problem as my all blood reports came normal (I.e.hormonal, thyroid and all other reports are within normal range) and periods are very regular i.e. Exactly 30 days cycle. With this she said that hormonal therapy should not be given after 35 years and suggested me follihair and evacuate. Even I am totally not interested in taking hormonal therapy, as my mother had stroke and is paralyzed for last 7 years, but even after taking follihair and evacure for 1 1/2 months, hair fall is there. I am so worried, losing hair at high speed. I'll highly appreciate if you could help me. Thx a lot.
My daughter is 18 years old, her regular routine getting up from bed is 9.00 Am and college by 12.00,but skipping morning break fast and for name sake having lunch, night 2 dosa. This is her regular. We need your suggestion as we have already had tested her blood and scan abdomen, result doctor referred to take food on time and presume water good. So we need your suggestion to make her eat and good exercise regularly.
Can I use M2 tone to get pregnancy and hormonal imbalance. I have regular menstrual cycle but 3 days before period some black spotting comes. I thought I have some low progesterone. Can I use M2 tone to overcome this.
* पके केले को मंद आंच में पकाकर नमक,काली मिर्च मिलाकर दमा के रोगी को खिलाने से लाभ होता है।
* जिन स्त्रियों को श्वेत प्रदर की शिकायत हो,उन्हें पका हुआ एक केला पांच ग्राम घी के साथ कुछ दिन सेवन करने से लाभ होता है।
* बार-बार पेशाब लग रही हो तो बार-बार केला खाना चाहिए।
* टायफायड बुखार उतरने के बाद छोटी इलायची के चूर्ण के साथ रोगी को पका केला खिलाना चाहिए। इससे बुखार से आई दुर्बलता दूर हो जाती है।
* पीलिया रोग में रोगी को कम से कम चार पके केले नित्य खाने चाहिए तथा कच्चे केले की सब्जी का सेवन भी करना चाहिए।
* पेट में जलन हो तो पका केला खाएं।
* आधा कप गाय के दही में एक केला तथा छोटी इलायची का चूर्ण मिलाकर दिन में दो-तीन बार चाटने से मुंह के छाले ठीक हो जाते हैं।
*पका केला शहद के साथ प्रातःकाल सेवन करने से हृदय बलवान बनता है,दिल की धड़कन तथा दिल के दर्द में लाभ होता है।
* पके केले के लगातार सेवन से सूखी खांसी,गले की खराश तथा गुर्दों की कमज़ोरी दूर हो जाती है।
* पका केला कृमिनाशक है। इसके सेवन से रक्त की खराबी दूर होकर त्वचा के रोग नष्ट हो जाते हैं।
* दाद,खाज,खुजली में पके केले में नींबू का रस मिलाकर मरहम बनाकर लगाएं।
* जलने पर पके केले का गूदा मरहम की तरह लगाने से जलन शांत होगी तथा फफोले नहीं पड़ेंगे।
* पके केले के गूदे में आटा मिलाकर पानी के साथ गूंथ लें। इसे गरम करके सूजन वाले हिस्से पर बांधने से सूजन दूर हो जाएगी।
* चोट पर केले का छिलका बांधने से आराम मिलता है। घाव पर केले का पानी लगाकर पट्टी बांधने से घाव जल्दी भर जाता है।
* जो बच्चा मिट्टी खाता हो,उसे पांच ग्राम शहद के साथ एक केला प्रतिदिन खिलाएँ। इससे पेट की मिट्टी बाहर आ जाएगी तथा बच्चे की मिट्टी खाने की आदत छूट जाएगी।
* बच्चा कांच की गोली,सिक्का आदि निगल जाए,तो उसे केला खिलाना चाहिए।
* केले को दिन में ही खाना चाहिए क्योंकि गरमी में यह जल्दी पचता है। रात में खाया केला जल्दी हजम नहीं होता।
* खाली पेट केला नहीं खाना चाहिए। खाने के बाद या भोजन के साथ ही इसे खाएं।
* केला खाकर पानी न पिएं बल्कि दूध या छोटी इलायची खाने से केला जल्दी हज़म हो जाएगा
Natural home remedies for Insomnia
Insomnia can become a real nightmare as the clock ticks on into the night and you ’re awake to notice. Try these natural approaches to help you get some rest
Before- bed bites
• Have a slice of turkey or chicken , or a banana before heading to bed . These foods contain tryptophan , an amino acid that ’s used to make serotonin . And serotonin is a brain chemical that helps you sleep .
• Carbohydrates help trytophan enter the brain. Try a glass of warm milk (milk contains tryptophan ) and a cookie , or warm milk with a spoonful of honey .
• Avoid big meals late in the evening. You need three to four hours to digest a big meal.
• Spicy or sugary food, even at suppertime , is usually a bad idea. Spices can irritate your stomach , and when it tosses and turns, so will you . Having a lot of sugary food—especially chocolate, which contains caffeine— can make you feel jumpy .
Call on herbs for help
• Valerian helps people fall asleep faster without the “ hangover ” affect of some sleeping pills. It binds to the same receptors in the brain that tranquilizers such as diazepam bind to . Take two capsules of valerian root an hour before bed .
• Take 4 , 000 to 8, 000 milligrams of dried passionflower capsules . Passionflower is widely used as a mild herbal sedative .
Smell your way to sleep
• Lavender has a reputation as a mild tranquilizer . Simply dab a bit of the oil onto your temples and forehead before you hit the pillow . The aroma should help send you off to sleep .
• Put a drop of jasmine essential oil on each wrist just before you go to bed . In studies conducted at Wheeling Jesuit University in West Virginia, researchers discovered that
people who spent the night in jasmine -scented rooms slept more peacefully than people who stayed in unscented—or even lavender-scented— rooms .
• Try a soothing aromatic bath before bedtime. Add 5 drops lavender oil and 3 drops ylang- ylang oil to warm bathwater and enjoy a nice soak .
Be a slave to schedule
• Wake up at the same time each day, no matter how little sleep you got the night before. On weekends, follow the same schedule, so your body adheres to the same pattern all week long . You ’ll fall asleep faster.
• Every morning , go for a walk . It doesn ’t have to be a long walk, but it should definitely be outdoors. The presence of natural light (even if the day is overcast ) tells your groggy body it’ s time to wake up for the day. With your body clock set by the great outdoors, you ’ll sleep better at night .
• Try not to nap during the day, no matter how tired you feel. People who don’ t have insomnia often benefit from a short afternoon nap. However , if you ’ re napping in daytime only to turn into a wide -eyed zombie at night , there’ s a good chance that that afternoon snooze is disrupting your body clock.
• Once you get into bed , imagine your feet becoming heavy and numb . Feel them sinking into the mattress . Then do the same with your calves, and slowly work your way up your body, letting it all grow heavy and relaxed . The idea is to let yourself go, in gradual phases .
• If you’ re still awake after this progressive relaxation exercise, count sheep . The point is to occupy your mind with boring repetition , and , not to cast aspersions on sheep , there’ s nothing more boring or repetitive than counting a herd of them . Any repetitive counting activity will lull you .
• If you just can’t sleep , don’ t lie in bed worrying about it. That will only make sleep harder to attain. Get up, leave the bedroom , and grab a book or watch TV .
Prep your bedroom
• Turn your alarm clock so that you can’t see it from bed . If you ’ re glancing at the clock when you wake up— and it’s almost impossible not to —you ’ ll soon start wondering how you can function tomorrow on so little sleep tonight .
• Turn your thermostat down a few degrees before heading to bed . Most people sleep better when their surroundings are cool .
• If you share your bed , consider buying a queen - or king- size mattress so you don ’t keep one another up. Or consider sleeping in separate beds . ( Be sure to emphasize that your wish for separate beds is based on pragmatism rather than preference . )
Check the label
• Be cautious about taking an over - the -counter painkiller before bed . Some of them, like Excedrin , contain caffeine . Read the label first.
• Check labels of decongestants and cold remedies too. In addition to caffeine, they may contain ingredients , such as pseudoephedrine, that rev up your nervous system and leave you unable to fall asleep.
More " don ’ ts" for better dozing
• Avoid exercising within four hours of bedtime— it’s too stimulating. Instead , exercise in the morning or after work . An exception is yoga . A number of yoga postures are designed to calm your body and prepare you for sleep.
• Avoid caffeinated beverages, particularly within four hours of bedtime. Though people have varying ranges of sensitivity to caffeine, the stimulating effects can be long - lasting .
• Also avoid alcohol in the evenings. While a glass of sherry might help you fall asleep a bit faster than usual, the effects soon wear off , and you’ re more likely to wake up during the night .
• If you smoke within four hours of your bedtime, look no further for the cause of your insomnia . Nicotine stimulates the central nervous system, interfering with your ability to fall asleep and stay that way .
I have noticed a whitish vaginal discharge and vulvak itching. Clobetasol cream alleviates the itching, but there is pain during sexual intercourse and I cannot reach an orgasm. What are these symptoms of?
1. Always keep your nails neat and trimmed. Long nails tend to get in the way and tempt you to bite them.
2. Use mint chewing gums or flavoured candies as a distraction. They keep your mouth busy and distracts the mind away from your nails.
3. Apply a few drops of neem oil on your fingers and let them dry. The bitter taste of neem oil will stop involuntary nail biting to an extent.
4. Keep a stress ball handy. Use it to distract yourself whenever you feel like biting your nails.
5. Even if this practice cannot be followed throughout the day, make sure to use gloves or adhesive bandages whenever possible. The fact that you will not be able to bite your nails will register in your mind and kill the habit slowly.
6. If you are okay with it, use nail polish to style your fingernails. This encourages you to grow nails as well.
7. Stress is a major factor that induces nail-biting in certain people. You will notice that you do not bite nails much when your mind is fresh and relaxed.
Hi sir recently I was married so I want to do everything with my wife but upto one or one nd half years we don't want child so now what can we do for avoiding pregnancy upto one year .
Me and my girlfriend had sex in her periods time. Her periods starts 28 August and we have sex 30 August. We used condom but we did not know that the condom was broken. Is there any chances of getting pregnant. If there is any chances of pregnant then what should we do? Please answer me I'm very worried about this.
Hello doctor. I got my periods 3 days before but there is no bleeding. Only Lil bit of brown discharge is found. What to do?
1) Oral sex and anal sex are 100% safe
Yes, to your surprise, it is a sex myth and the truth is that all sexually transmitted diseases that are transferred through unprotected vaginal sex can also be caught through all kinds of anal or oral sex. Medical science has proved that there are more chances of catching an STD infection through unprotected anal sex as compared with oral or vaginal sex.
2) First time sex will not make you pregnant
You can never foresee when odds are against you so you should not take the risk. A woman is as likely to conceive with first time sex as she will do anytime in her later life provided she does so in her fertile days.
3) Having sex during periods will never make you pregnant
Logically speaking, there are no chances of getting pregnant when you have your periods but if someone has a longer cycle or bleeds between the periods, it is quite possible. Moreover, when a woman has a short cycle and she has sex by last two to three days of her menstrual cycle, she can conceive because sperms will stay in her body for up to 72 hours.
4) Two condoms work better than one
One condom is enough to get the job done and there is no need to use two. In America, they test each latex condom for holes before packing it to the box. Regular and correct use of condoms will save you from many sexually transmitted diseases and other sex consequences.
5) Drinking alcohol guarantees better performance in bed
No, this is not true because alcohol takes out your ability to make sensible decisions and you can make risky choices. When you’re drunk, you can decide to have sex with someone you don’t want otherwise. It will not spice up the experience rather it can give you regrets.
Proper dental care can prevent heart attacks, heart blockages, asthma and COPD. This was stated by Padma Shri, Dr B C Roy & DST National Science Communication Awardee, Dr K K Aggarwal, President Heart Care Foundation of India and Honorary Secretary General IMA. Bacteria present in the gums have been linked to many diseases in the past.
Periodontal treatment should be included in prenatal care programs, as per a study in the Journal of Periodontology, which has shown that treating gum disease in pregnant women may prevent preterm birth.
The study has shown that while pregnant women, in whom the periodontal disease was treated, were no more likely to deliver their babies prematurely than women with no gum disease, those who did not get treatment had a nearly 90-fold increased risk of premature delivery.
Another study found that the more bacteria women with periodontal disease had in their gums during and after pregnancy, the more likely they were to deliver their infants prematurely.