Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Glory AlexanderYour feedback matters!
Hi I have need to eat food but I can't eat because in my mouth sores any kind infection and I face problem to eat foods.
M suffering from night fall. Last 3 years. I fell low energy tiredness. please gave some effective tips. Its 2 or 3 times in a week.
Sir I am 20 years old. Sir I am thin. Sir I have been suffering from constipation from two years. Sir I have little depressive mind. Sir I am drinking water for about 4 litre throughout the day. Sir I also chewed my food properly. Sir I am doing regular walking. Still I am constipated. No triphala churn or alike churn works. Sir from 10 days no motion comes out. Sir please suggest me medicine for permanent cure.
After walking a few distance my palpitation of heart gets very fast and then chest pain also starts I really didn't feel well please suggest me what to do?
I'm having abdominal pain since 2-3 days. Nausea too. Cannot eat anything. Sensitive to smell. Had mild fever for the first day. Headache too.
My hear is all white what I do for make black and shining my hear I use also aambla oil and also eat aambla Please tell me what I do for my hear long amd also black.
My left testicle is slightly lower than the right one. And I feel like I have small size of both the testicles and penis. Is it ok?
While I am doing sex my I cant go longer than 20sec my penis is very small. And very slowly straighten up. So please hot to satisfy a women with this kind of symptom.
I have a problem of chest pain and this pain is from past 2weeks so I consulted doctor for this but I was of no use guide me.
When I have talking with my girlfriend in phone something is continuously coming from my penis what was that? There is any problem.
I am 58 years old male, height is 160 mm, weight is 67 kg. High pitch Snoring is my problem. Is any treatment to stop it?
I can't do any thing at the time of pain. And no vomiting, sweating or loose motions happen. Just feel the mild pain in right pain of lower abdomen.
I have not been able to sleep for few days due to very strong headache. I have taken many medicines to cure this headache but couldn't cure it. I am suffering from fever as well making me feel very tired and at night it becomes difficult for me to sleep. I would like to get some suggestions on how to cure headache as well as how to cure fever as well.
I am 57 years old from bangalore, I would like to know how I can find a good doctor for my diabetics control status. Presently I am on M1 glimisave, morning one hour before b/f or lunch.
An often persistent and long-lasting condition, psoriasis interferes with the life cycle of skin cells and causes them to increase rapidly on the surface of the skin. These generally appear as dry, itchy and red patches of skin having thick, silvery scales.
Psoriasis can be subdivided into the following:
- Plaque psoriasis: The most common form, characterized by dry, red skin lesions covered with silvery scales and can be seen anywhere on the body.
- Scalp psoriasis: These appear on the scalp and may extend beyond the hairline.
- Nail psoriasis: These affect the toenails and fingernails.
- Guttate psoriasis: Characterized by blister-like appearances and are stimulated by bacterial infections.
- Inverse psoriasis: Caused by fungal infections.
- Erythrodermic psoriasis: Can cover the entire body with a reddish rash that may peel.
- Pustular psoriasis: Capable of causing chills, fever and diarrhea.
The usual signs and symptoms of psoriasis include:
- Red, sensitive patches of skin
- A silvery, scaly cover
- Dry and cracked skin that may bleed when scratched or agitated
- Tiny scaling spots (witnessed in children)
- Persistent itching, soreness or burning sensation
- Ridged, thickened or pitted nails
- Stiff and swollen joints
Possible causes of psoriasis may include:
- Skin infections or strep throat infections
- Skin injuries, like cuts, bites or sunburns
- Cold weather
- Chronic alcoholism
- Certain medications such as high blood pressure medications
The following factors may further increase the risk of developing the disease:
- Fungal and bacterial infections
- Family history
Ayurveda and Psoriasis
Although the root cause of the disease is yet to be identified, according to traditional Ayurveda, the vitiation of Vata and Kapha causes psoriasis. As per ayurvedic principles, Vata and Kapha are the two basic energies that uphold the balance of our body equilibrium. Strong genetic predisposition, sun deprivation, and intense streptococcal infection on the upper respiratory tract can badly aggravate psoriasis. As per ayurveda, these conditions are strong enough to create several visible pathological changes that take place are mainly due to the accumulation of dooshi vishas or low potency poisons.
Uneven and unhealthy food habits, consumption of foodstuffs in the wrong combination (Example: dairy products with fish or chicken), too much intake of yogurt, black gram, seafood, sour or salted food stuffs, etc. can trigger the psoriasis inducing pathogenesis. Other catalysts that cause psoriasis includes stress, alcohol, and tobacco consumption
Psoriasis can be effectively treated through panchakarma therapies, which include ayurvedic treatment methods for the complete detoxification of the body, and successful elimination of harmful toxins from the body fluids.
A few health tips for psoriasis patients:
- Maintain safer distance from the possible variables that cause or aggravate psoriasis
- Practice yoga regularly. Yoga can lessen the intensity of psoriasis.
- Avoid pricking, peeling or scratching your skin.
- Make sure to pat your skin dry after washing, and avoid rubbing vigorously with towel or any rough cloth.
- Avoid artificial cleansers and use gram flour (besan flour) instead.
- Use cotton clothes
- Avoid cold water bath or immediate cleaning up right after heavy work-out, long walks, or travel.
- Avoid food stuffs that can cause indigestion.
- Avoid excessive salty and acidic food stuffs, radish, urad dal, sesame, jaggery (gur), curds, fish and other sour food stuffs that can trigger psoriasis.