Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Girisha R
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Girisha RYour feedback matters!
Ever wondered how some celebrities never seem to age and look the same? Perhaps you began admiring them about a decade ago and you have started to look older and tired, but not them? When they smile, their skin and eyes have the same glow even today? Well, it is true that celebrities have access to a whole lot of cosmetic products, but the new thing doing the rounds is within them. Yes, it is their own blood, and hence the name 'vampire facelift' for the beauty treatment they undergo.
How it works: As we all know, the blood is what carries all the vital nutrients to all parts of the body. It has 3 main components in a fluid medium called the plasma. The 3 components are the red blood cells (giving it the red color), the white blood cells (the infection fighting ones), and the platelets (which contain clotting and growth factors). The vampire facelift uses the plasma of a person to produce a greater concentration of growth factors for the face. Blood is drawn from the person, centrifuged to remove the 3 cell types, and the remaining plasma-rich fluid (PRF) is injected into specific areas on the face depending on what the person wants to change hollow cheeks, wrinkles, aged graying skin, etc.
PRF was earlier used for injured people, especially athletes, to help them heal faster by providing a greater amount of growth factors and stem cells. However, cosmetic surgeons realized this could be used to improve facial appearance and consequently the vampire facelift became popular. It restores shape, improves skin tone and texture, rejuvenates the skin and promotes production of younger looking skin.
What is done:
- The patient and the surgeon have a detailed discussion on what the concerns are. There are various parameters which define a beautiful face including ratio of width of forehead to width of the lips. All these are considered and a decision is made as to what would produce the best appearance for the person.
- Dermal fillers containing hyaluronic acid may be used in some areas if required, to create beautiful shapes.
- Then, the PRF is extracted from the patient’s blood (giving it the name Vampire Facelift) to literally lift up areas of the face by injecting the multipotent stem cells into specific areas of the face.
- The new tissue could be a combination of collagen (for improved elasticity), fatty tissue (for smoothness), and younger blood vessels (for younger, glowing skin).
This facelift became popular about two decades ago and has many advocates like Kim Kardashian. It should be done 3 times with a break of 4 weeks in between, followed by an annual maintenance schedule. Sounds magical? Talk to your cosmetic surgeon to know more.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am having hair loss issue for at least an year tried most of homeopathic medicines but no effect at all.
My girlfriend having prob with her hairs. When she try to comb them. It starts falling. Also grown of hairs is too less how to get rid of it. Any medicine? Then tell me the name of medical. Or anything else then suggest me properly. Thank you.
A beautiful mane with a healthy scalp and shiny hair is something each one of us desire. However, given the multiple factors that affect its health including diet, lifestyle and environment, this desire remains a dream for many. There are good and bad sides to it. The bad thing is that hair problems, dandruff, itching, graying and hair loss are here to stay. The good news is that there are simple, easily available ways and methods that can be effectively used to control these problems.
Homeopathy believes that most health issues have an underlying, deep seated issue and treating that can help in getting rid of the symptoms:
- Alopecia (Hair loss): Some people can have generalized hair loss, while some could have patches of balding areas develop on the head. Where other remedies have failed, some people have had successful hair regrowth with homeopathic medications like silicea, kalium carbonicum, lycopodium, Natrum muriaticum, Pulsatilla pratensis, Borax, Cinchona officinalis, and various other products are used effectively to improve hair growth.
- Dandruff: There is flaking of the scalp, and people with oily skin have a higher incidence of having dandruff. Other reasons include hormonal imbalance, poor scalp/hair health, emotional stress and poor quality hair products. Kali sulphuricum is used for profusely oily, white scaly dandruff. Thuja is used in people with white scaly flaking. If there is associated hair loss, phosphorus is used. Natrum muriaticum, Sulphur, Carboneum sulphuratum, Lycopodium, Mezereum, Ammonium muriaticum, Arsenic album, Calcarea, Medorrhinum, Heracleum sphondylium and Kali carbonicum are also used based on associated symptoms.
- Graying of hair: Various reasons for graying include stress, environmental exposure, hair products, poor diet and of course genetic. Gray hair can be treated using various homeopathic preparations depending on the associated symptoms, which might point to the likely root of the problem. Phosphoric acid is used when there is associated grief. Lycopodium is used when there is only partial graying in some areas. In anaemic or weak patients, Natrum mur is used. If digestive symptoms are also present, silicea is used.
- Scalp psoriasis (know more about Psoriasis problem): If there is a burning sensation associated with the infection, Sulphur is used. In people with excessive scratching, calcarea is used. Graphites provide relief where there is significant dryness and itching. In people with associated gastric or urinary symptoms, lycopodium is effective. If the psoriasis is worsening in cold weather, sepia is an option. (learn more about Infection on Scalp)
As is evident, these hair problems and interlinked and the agents used in treatment can be used in more than one condition. Self-medication should best be avoided. The presenting symptoms have an underlying cause, and it is best that a detailed discussion with the doctor on the symptoms is done before getting these medicines prescribed.
Hello Doctor, My age is 21 years and my hairs are falling from my head so give me some suggestions to stop falling of hair because I do not want that my hair falling. Please help.
My friend is having hair fall problem for past one year. How can he control his hair fall and grow back his hair on the bald spots?
Yauvan pidika or acne vulgaris is an inflammatory skin disorder which is prevalent in both males and females. When the sebaceous glands present on skin produce excessive sebum, the hair follicles present on skin get clogged leading to the formation of acne. According to ayurveda, kapha, pitta & rakta and meda or fat dhathu are responsible for producing acne.
Ayurvedic treatment aims to eliminate the problem from its root. Herbs like Lodhra (Symplocos racemosa), Manjishtha (Rubia cordifolia) and Kushta (Saussurea lappa) are known for their properties to reduce acne. Turmeric (Curcuma longa) and Chandana (Santalum album) are also effective in treating acne. The application of Jaiphal (Myristica fragrans) and Khas-Khas (Vetiveria zizanioides) is believed to provide satisfactory results. Neem (Azadirachta indica), Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia) are known for their blood purifying properties, which can lessen the occurrence of acne and pimple in the long run.
The following are some of the ayurvedic remedies for treating acne:
- To reduce the growth of pimple, rub powder of jamun (Syzygium cumini) seed and apply it on the pimple.
- The peel of orange has medicinal properties that can be used effectively in the treatment of pimple. Make a paste of orange peel powder and rose water; apply it on your face on a regular basis. It is an effective remedy that cures acne and improves the skin tone.
- To achieve an immediate result, apply a paste of lodhra (symplocos crateigodies), vach (acorus calamus) and dhania (coriander). Improvement will be noticed within 7 days.
- A paste of red chandan (red sandalwood) and jaiphal (nutmeg) are also effective in reducing the appearance of acne and pimples.
- Apply a paste of masoor dal (red lentils) with milk, ghee and camphor on your face. It reduces the appearance of acne and clears the scars which are left behind.
- Prepare a paste of lemon, kalaunji (seeds of fennel flower) and milk. Apply it on your face on a regular basis before going to bed. Wash your face with lukewarm water in the morning. This remedy ensures speedy disappearance of acne.
- Make a mixture of nimbu (lemon), extracts of tulsi (basil) and black kasundi (coffee pods), dry it in sun and apply the mixture on face. It is a powerful remedy that is known to cure the problem of acne.
Besides these home remedies, a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle will also enable you to reduce the risk of recurrent acne.