Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Girija K JYour feedback matters!
Doctor my vagina is loose from my 17 year of age. Tht time I don't know about it. But now I came to knowbb it's loose floppy vagina. Now very ugly looking. No coming out more and more. But never had sex. I feel in future it is going to effect. Give me suggestions.
I m 22year old after delivery my weight is increased. Can I take green tea for weight loss is it effect my baby in feeding.
If a woman is two months pregnant, then what should she not eat and how can she take care of her pregnancy and what should she do for her health?
I am 24 years of age and married. I have a cyst in my left ovary. Do I wil have to face any problem during pregnancy?
Dear doctors I am pregnant from last 4 and a half month my weight is only 55 kg tell me doctors is it OK or any problem.
I am 21 years female had my regular periods last month but its almost 32 days and I am not having my period. I had my last intercourse 50 days before. L want to know am I pregnant?
Ghee is commonly referred to as clarified butter, is a traditional dietary source of fat which is used in Indian cooking. It can be easily made at home by heating butter till it boils, yielding ghee. Refined oils are the vegetable oils like mustard, safflower, canola and the rest which are really popular these days as cooking mediums. These are the products of a chemical treatment to get rid of the strong odour and taste, as well as toxins present in the original oil.
Like, unrefined mustard oil has a characteristic pungent odour and taste and a yellow colour, but refined Mustard oil loses all of these when it’s refined. Refined mustard oil has a whitish colour and no rancid mustard taste. We shall take a look at the health benefits or the absence thereof of both- clarified butter and refined oils, followed by the final verdict on which one is better for you in the end.
Clarified butter or Ghee
Why is ghee good for you?
- It is better tolerated by those with dairy sensitivities as it’s very low in casein the main protein found in milk and has nil to minimal amounts of lactose, making it better tolerated by those with dairy intolerances.
- Ghee is also rich in butyrate, a short chain fatty acid which can decrease inflammation and help improve the digestive system.
- Ghee tastes yummy and It can be eaten on its own as it tastes nutty and wholesome. This makes it ideal for adding as topping for foods like rice, veggies and bread.
- Ghee is rich in fat soluble vitamins like A, D, E and K.
- Just one tablespoon of ghee can provide around 15 percent of your daily requirements of vitamin A.
- Ghee has one of the highest contents of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA). CLA has been shown to improve insulin resistance and potentially fighting cancer in studies.
- Ghee can be stored easily at room temperature and doesn’t need to be refrigerated.
Why is ghee bad for you?
- Ghee has high saturated fat content so it’s bad for the weight-watchers. Eat in moderation is the mantra.
- Ghee’s not good for weight-loss also due to its high- calorie content.
- Refined oils are the purified vegetable oils. The vegetable oils are purified with chemicals to remove suspended particles, toxic substances, flavour components, as well as colour and odour, leaving behind clear and bland oil.
- The refined oils have lesser toxins which may be found in a few vegetable oils but they are full of chemicals according to experts, as they are obtained after treating natural oils with various chemicals to meet your expectations.
- Refined oils are the equivalent of processed foods if you will. And like fast foods they can be harmful to the digestive and respiratory systems. Refined oils have also been linked to cancer, diabetes, heart and kidney ailments, among others.
- A chemical nickel is used in the refining of vegetable oils. And it’s this element which is implicated for the adverse effects on the respiratory system, liver, and skin. It also acts as a carcinogen.
The positives of refined oils are that they have a higher smoke point. This means the temperature at which they start to smoke when heated is higher. Beyond the smoke point, an oil breaks down. So, refined oils can be used for deep frying because they don’t break-down at lower temperatures.
Well it is certainly clear that Ghee is healthier than refined oils. Use ghee in moderation though, because it has lots of fats and calories. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
My wife periods will finish yesterday night so can you please tell me what is the safe time to have a safe saex with her without using protection to avoid pregnancy even I discharge ?
My marriage is complete now 3 months and we had sex regularly bt still can not conceive baby pls help me for conceiving baby and tell. Me reason why I can not conceive?
I am unmarried but have active sexual life. I suffer with rashes in my vagina. And severe itching please help.
Consumption of sprouts is an excellent way to keep your protein intake high. The boiavaliability of protein is more in sprouts as compared to the normal pulses v consume.
- boosts immunity.
- aids weight loss as low in calorie.
- builds muscle mass in ppl with a lean body.
- excellent source of b complex vitamins.
2. Bathing before sunrise to reduce mucus related problems (sticky yellowish mucus in sinus plexus).
3 if Ganges near then take bath there.
4. maintain a proper weight.
5. Female 5' to 5.5' minimum 55 kgs max 60 kgs.App.
6. Male 5' to 510 ,in 60kgs max 75 kgs App.
7. Water intake daily 3-5 ltrs.
8. Freehand exercise 30 min in daily morning to accumulate more oxygen into blood.
9. Avoid oily food outside. only fruit juice or white sweets.
10. nutritious balance diet.
11. prepare popcorn in home and do breakfast with it to
be healthy and avoid stool related problems.
12. I am opening Nutrition club to make patients healthy.
13 to increase working power to be wealthy.
14. My success is there if I sort out your health problems.
15. Pranayam Yoga daily.
My question is my wife some time suffer from period issue like she suffer from more blood during her period. Is this normal or any physical problem? thanks.
How to increase the Magnesium Levels in your Body?
Magnesium is very important macro-mineral present in the body. Many youths these days show signs of depression, lower physical and dimmed mental faculties due to low magnesium levels in their body. The mineral has a vital role in helping to produce or use energy in our cells, contracting or relaxing muscles and synthesizing key hormones that control important functions of the body.
Magnesium also has therapeutic effects and helps to treat headaches, asthma, sleep problems, chronic pain. It also reduces risk of hypertension, heart problems. Having a magnesium rich diet lowers your chances of getting diabetes by remarkable 33%.
Following is a list of the few factors that lead to lowering the Magnesium levels in your body:
- Consuming Sodas and other Carbonated drinks lowers Magnesium uptake
- Excessive stress or disease reduces the utilization of Magnesium in the body
- Having high carb, low fibre diets like pastries, cakes, breads, cookies etc.
- High Alcohol consumption, as high as
- Imbalance of minerals such as excess of Calcium blocks activity of Mg in the cells
- Difference in metabolism of individuals such as increased excretion of Mg by kidneys results in loss of Mg and its deficiency
You can increase level of Magnesium in your body by adopting these foods in your diet:
Spinach is a rich source of Magnesium. 1 Cup of cooked Spinach gives you nearly 39% of the Daily Value of Magnesium required by the Body. Other dark green leafy vegetables also provide magnesium and other minerals.
Add Spinach and other Leafy Greens to your daily intake.
Nuts are an abundant source of Magnesium. Cashews and Almonds nearly provide 44-48% of DV of Magnesium while Peanuts provide 31%. Walnuts are also a good source of minerals and provide 16% DV of Magnesium.
Add nuts to your Daily Diet to get their mineral benefits.
Seeds like Pumpkin and Sesame are a potent source of Magnesium. Half a cup of Pumpkin seeds give 81% of Daily Value of Magnesium required while half a cup of sesame seeds give 63% 0f Daily Value/DV of Magnesium.
Enjoy these in puddings, soups, cakes, desserts or add to your breakfast cereal to get their benefits.
4. Beans and Lentils
Beans and Lentils have plentiful of Magnesium. A cup of cooked Beans and Lentils like Soybeans, Kidney Beans, Chickpeas and lentils provide almost 18-35% DV of Mg.
Add Beans and Lentils to your Diet and get their benefits.
5. Whole Grains
Whole Grains are very important source of vitamins and minerals and provide essential nutrients and energy for the body. These minerals include Magnesium too and a cup of cooked Brown rice gives nearly 21%DV of Mg while Quinoa gives 30%. Other Cereals provide almost 7-19% DV of Mg.
You can add variety of whole grains to your diet to get their great benefits.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.