Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gangadhar
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. GangadharYour feedback matters!
My child 1.5yrs is suffering from high fever 101, fever fades after crocin is given but again the temperature rises. Please suggest.
My son 6 years old is not taking interest in food. Please recommend any kind of tonic and supplements.
My daughter is 4 year old. Had issues with her speech, she can speak A-Z, (with some letters wrong pronounced) numbers, started (clear) repeating words just heard from us, but will not speak for her requirements, also utters a lot word repetitive of no rightness. Will not express what she wants to. Just learned to tell her name, by repeated practice, but may not understand what she is speaking up. She is our only child, lived almost with us (nuclear family), we might have taken extra care for her, not got chance to mix with children other than her play school time. Some time we took her to parks & other public areas, where she freely enjoys company of other kids & cooperate. She is playful, joyful & loves dancing. Only disturbing is her lacking vocal expression, she tries to demand all her work by pointing, bringing it (choice of dress, she likes) or moving. How much we should concern on her, do she require specialist guidance or we as parent should give her more time with our own normal ways of teach. Please help.
My 7 Year son hv hypertension prlm 170/100, 3 Years ago he hv left kidney renal artery stenosis so we operate and remove kidney its function is only 21% After operation hiis bp goes normal. 3 year he does not face any prlm before 3 Month ago we shifted from kolhapur to mumbai for job purpose and my son bp found become high. His all blood, scan. 2decho. Colordroper, right kidney function is 100% All reports are normal. We does not found hiis high bp cause. Doctor says its may be genetic. Can climate affected bp?
My son is of 4 months old is not passing motion regularly. He will not pass motion for more than a week. Is there any natural way to make it regular. Can we start giving him solid food like raggi. To make his motion regular can we give him castor oil? pls give me a reply at the earliest
She originally was diagnosed in childhood with a whole in heart, then itself vsd was got closed, now she is 11 years old and her weight is 27 kgs. Doing well. She is shuttle badminton player, she is strong enough but she is lien, which food can be given to her to become a little stout.
Upon reaching adolescence, children's bodies undergo several changes and so do their minds. It is then that their minds are most, as well as least impressionable. And the daunting question regarding the upbringing of an adolescent is how to treat their constantly changing behavior?
Here are some of the tantrums adolescents more commonly throw, and what should ideally be your approach to it:
- Your child seems to hate you: It is very common for a phase of emotional exclusionism to prevail between 16-17 years of age approximately. And the worst thing you could do is heighten that emotion by returning the hatred. Make sure you're firm against any extremely unacceptable behavior, but at the same time, show them that you're there for them no matter what.
- Electronic devices become the center of their attention: Whenever you want to have an earnest conversation with your children, their attention seems to be drawn solely to their phones and computers. They feel the need to be connected to their friends and all times. Ways to monitor that are by setting limit to the maximum hours spent on devices or making them pay their own bills, which will make them more responsible rather than splurging unnecessarily. Also, if your child is not entirely secluded from the family, it is probably best not to interfere all the time.
- Ignoring the curfew: Your kids often stay out later than the set limit. But it is quite possible that your curfew is unreasonable when compared to other parents' curfew. Find out what the average time limit is; it may prevent your child from bearing a grudge against you. In case they still fail to respect your curfew, make sure you spill out to them what the consequences can be, like being grounded for a week. However, in certain cases, your child may be spending time doing nothing constructive, but away from home. There may be something else going on, find out what that is.
- Being friends with the wrong people: Sometimes it might happen that you think some children do not have a good influence on your child, but you cannot say that directly because adolescents tend to get very defensive about their choice of friends. Unless the adolescent is doing something harmful with the friend, like using drugs, let him exercise his choice. Otherwise, don't hesitate from seeking professional help to counsel your child.
- Being over-dramatic: Every emotion is heightened in your child and you cannot tell them that what they are whining or being overjoyed about are trivial, because that's their prime focus then. Let them realize on their own how irrational they sound or else you may risk spoiling your relation with them.