Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. GangadharYour feedback matters!
My girl child are of 2 year and 2 month old. But she is not speak well. Only some basic word like papa mamma, etc say. Please help me.
Hi doctor I have given swin flu vaccine to my 3.2 years old son for first time because he always suffer from cold and cough, some time he starts wheezing. First shot was given on 21 feb 2015 and second in the month of 19 march 2015. After this second vaccine, after 3 days started coming rashes on his thighs. And remain for 2 months after giving allegro syrup. I want to ask you this rashes started coming because of swine flu vaccine or not. Please answer me and make me grateful.
Recently we blessed with a baby & we are happy. But my baby is not feeding milk properly from mywife's breast & she is suffering from pain.My friends advised me that in this situation I should suck milk from my wife's breast. I am confused what I should do ? Please guide me.
Hi I am 36 years old breastfeeding my child, cause of low supply I am taking lactare tablets and galact granules (ayurvedic medicine), now its going good, my gynaecologist told you can take as long as you want to feed, are there any side effects on using it for me and my baby, one more question my 5 months old baby suffering from times versicolor, I am confusing cause it is because of these tablets, please help me whether I will continue or not.
My child is 5 years old, she has power of -2.5 on both eyes, how to rectify this through foods and any exercises.?
My son aged 4.6 years has Vit D deficiency. Apart from Vit D rich food which medicine I can give him.
Migraine Clinical Picture
What Symptoms Occur During a Migraine Attack? •
Migraineurs have recurrent, severe, and disabling attacks of headache, often unilateral and pulsating, along with symptoms of sensory disturbance, such as light, sound, and odor sensitivity. Nausea and neck stiffness are other common symptoms, and symptoms can be aggravated by movement.
• Some patients experience dizziness during attacks.
• About 20–30% of patients experience aura and neurological symptoms (e.g., visual disturbances), which usually precede the headache phase of an attack.
• Premonitory symptoms such as yawning, irritability, tiredness, cravings, and difficulty concentrating sometimes precede headache onset.
What Is Migraine Aura, and What Symptoms Can Occur?
• An aura is any neurological symptom that occurs shortly before the headache attack. Visual symptoms (e.g., flickering lights or zigzag phenomena), somatosensory symptoms (e.g., paresthesias), speech problems, and rarely, motor symptoms can occur during aura.
• Symptoms usually last >5 and <60 minutes.
• Before migraine can be diagnosed, other possible neurological deficits must first be excluded.
• Cortical spreading depression (see below) is thought to be the pathophysiological cause.
What Can Trigger a Migraine?
• Shortness of sleep, irregular sleep, or too much sleep
• Stress (or in some patients, relaxation from stress)
• Alcohol (e.g., red wine)
• Caffeine (e.g., coffee, chocolate)
• Foods containing glutamate or aspartame
• Vasodilating drugs (e.g., nitrates) Epidemiology
How Many People Are Affected by Migraine?
• Women: about 13–18% of the population
• Men: about 5–10% of the population
• Numbers may be lower in Asian populations Chronic Migraine About 4% of the adult population experiences chronic headache, i.e., headache on 15 or more days a month. About half of this group has chronic migraine, and the other half has chronic tension-type headache Disorders/Abnormalities That Can Be Comorbid with Migraine
• Back pain
• Stroke and cardiac disease
• Childhood vomiting
ONLY HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICINES CAN CONTROL THIS
Hello Dr. I'm recently blessed with a Baby girl. C is going to b 1 month old in 2 days. From last 4 days I'm noticing that my baby is having problem in urinating. Like whenever c urge to pee she cries very hard as if in too much pain N forces too mch in abdominal region. After forcing and crying N trying 2 or 3 minz later she cud pee. And this happens every time she urinates. Earlier c wasn't like dat. Is there anything serious? Is she having infection? I'm too much worried. Kindly suggest.
Bed Wetting is a phenomenon in which a child urinates, involuntarily, on bed when fast asleep at night.
A. The Secret Problem
A child gains bladder control at night, but it varies with age. After attaining the age of five, 15% of the children continue bed wetting and after the age of 10, only 5% are found to be still bed wetting. The incidences of bed wetting in boys are twice as compared to girls. Bed wetting can often lead to extreme embarrassment and social awkwardness for the parents. For parents to deal with such inevitable child problems, they must know the causes that lead to bed wetting.
B. The Bedwetting Gene
Your own DNA may be the chief contributor to your child’s bed wetting; research states that in 75 percent of the cases, this problem is found to be hereditary. However, parents should deal with this problem with sensibility and sensitivity, so as not to alienate their children in any way.
- Delayed Bladder Maturation: In such cases, the communication between the bladder and the brain is delayed.
- Lower Anti-Diuretic Hormone (ADH): Inadequate secretion of such hormones causes the kidneys to produce lesser urine during the day, thus increasing chances of bed wetting at night.
- Deep Sleeping: With deep sleeping, the brain fails to get the signal that the bladder may be full.
- Constipation: With constipation, the problem is that there may be uncontrolled contraction of bladder due to the bowels being full all the time.
When is it a concern?
There is nothing wrong with bedwetting during childhood, especially when the child is less than 2 years of age. However, it might be a concern if the child happens to gain bladder control at night but the condition relapses. Also, if psychological stress happens to be at the root of the child’s bedwetting, it could be considered to be a cause for concern.
Homeopathic treatment for bedwetting in children
Homeopathy is a very effective natural treatment for enuresis. The homeopathic remedies for bedwetting are perfectly safe. These natural homeopathic remedies do not have any side effects at all. Safety of the medicines is a major issue when you are to give any medicine to your child. Therefore it is of utmost importance that the medicines should be completely safe. Homeopathic remedies are known to be perfectly safe and have been tried by millions of patients all over the world over the last 2 centuries.
5 Best Homeopathic medicines for bedwetting in children
Homeopathy has been found to be very successful in treating bedwetting. The aim of Homeopathy is to strengthen the nervous system of the body. This allows the child to gain control over the urinary bladder. The same child who had been urinating in the bed for years is able to keep the bed dry within a matter of a couple of weeks. Homeopathy offers the best way of treating bedwetting. The embarrassment of the child as well as the parents vanishes quickly like magic. Here are the 5 best homeopathic medicines for bedwetting that help in working this magic-
- Acid Phos
It is important to mention here that the above mentioned 5 best homeopathic medicines for bedwetting are by no means the only medicines for bedwetting. There are many other medicines that are also used to cure enuresis. The exact selection of the right medicine depends upon the detailed symptoms of each individual patient. So, it always recommended to consult a specialized homeopath before going for any medication.
- Ensure that your child urinates right before hitting the bed.
- Limit your child’s fluid intake after having a thorough discussion with the doctor.
- Set an alarm for the child to wake up and go to the toilet in the middle of the night.
- Bladder stretching exercises increase the bladder’s capacity and thus the quantum of urine that can be held by the child’s bladder.
- Medications, as would be prescribed by a pediatrician.
- Use a plastic sheet over the bed.
- And finally, don’t panic. Usually, the problem resolves on its own.