Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. G Narasimha Swamy
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. G Narasimha SwamyYour feedback matters!
I am using hair wax since an year. Before this I was using hair gel. But now a days I am facing such hairfall which I have never seen before. Please tell what should I do now to stop this hairfall?
Any kind of bleeding from the uterus, which is not normal, can be termed as abnormal uterine bleeding. This refers to bleeding between periods or before periods, bleeding after having sex, spotting, abnormally heavy bleeding or bleeding after attaining menopause. If you are suffering from any of these issues, you need to check with the doctor.
It is very important to diagnose abnormal uterine bleeding. There are several examinations and tests that have to be carried out, depending on age. For irregular spotting, a pregnancy test can be undertaken in case you think you could be pregnant. If your uterine bleeding is very heavy, a test has to be performed to check blood count. This is done to observe whether you have anemia. An ultrasound test of the pelvic region will also be advised by your doctor to know the cause of the bleeding. Several hormonal tests and thyroid function tests are required as well.
Other diagnostic tests include:
- Sonohysterography: When fluid is placed within the uterus and ultrasound images of the uterus are taken. An image of the pelvic organs is obtained.
- Hysteroscopy: It can be carried out when a device is inserted via the vagina and enables the doctor to examine the uterus internally.
- Magnetic resonance imaging: This is also used to get images of the organs.
- Endometrial biopsy: It involves insertion of a catheter to take out a tissue which is microscopically observed.
There are different types of treatment for abnormal uterine bleeding depending upon factors such as the cause of bleeding and the age of the patient.
- Medications: Several medicines are used to treat abnormal uterine bleeding. Sometimes hormonal medicines are used. Birth control pills are also used to improve the regularity of periods. Hormonal infections, vaginal creams and an IUD device releasing hormone can be used. Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are also used to control bleeding. Several antibiotics may also be prescribed.
- Surgery: In some cases of abnormal uterine bleeding, a woman has to undergo a surgery for the removal of growth such as polyps and fibroids, which results in bleeding. While some fibroids can be removed via hysteroscopy, others require different techniques for treatment.
- Endometrial ablation: It can be undertaken to control bleeding. This mode of treatment aims at reducing the bleeding permanently. In case all treatment methods fail, hysterectomy has to be carried out. This is a serious surgery and after it is performed, a woman does not have periods anymore and will not be able to conceive a child.
Abnormal uterine bleeding is a serious health condition, which may lead to severe complications. Immediate diagnosis and appropriate treatment methods should be undertaken in case of any abnormal uterine bleeding. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I get frequent sensation of urination throughout the day which makes me feel uncomfortable while I am standing or sitting for long period. Sometimes I get proper urination and sometimes I can't urinate even after feeling that I have to urinate. Area around top of penis remains wet.
Hi, I am an software engineer since December 2011 to may 2015, currently I am not working. The reason behind this actually I got thrombosis in brain. Actually I was getting pain from past 2 years back, but not recognized the reason behind this, after got treatment by some good doctors, now feeling better, so I would like to know about thrombosis in details and better treatment for it. Thanks.
My teeth have been wiggling for almost a years now. Sometimes they become very loose. And after brushing with Colgate it tighten a bit. But its loose these day even if I brush it. What caused this and why is this happening. I know I should consult a dentist as soon as I can but I am sorry busy so it hard for me to take out my time. Please anyone answer this.
My girlfriend is facing some vaginal problems. I had sex with her last 15 days. And after that she is facing irritation and pain in her private part. And every hour she used toilet 3 or 4 time. It means, if I am feeling urine in my vagina. So I desperately need to go. I am not even able to control it. Is it a any type of chronic disease? Or its diabetes. Please give me proper solution to solve it and tell me everything about it. Tell me Its reason.
Do you have a habit of getting too anxious about minor matters? Is your severe anxiety hampering the smooth functioning of your daily life? Is anxiety giving you headaches, causing insomnia and making you paranoid? All these conditions imply that you are suffering from anxiety disorder. There are several types of anxiety disorders with various symptoms, and there are effective treatment procedures for curing them as well.
Signs and symptoms of severe anxiety/ anxiety disorder: The signs of anxiety disorder vary from person to person, but one common major symptom is severe fear, tension and worry, even in petty situations.
The common emotional symptoms except fear and tension include the following:
- Feelings of great apprehension or a dread feeling
- Problem with concentration
- Feeling overly tensed
- Always anticipating the worst in any situation
- Feeling restless and irritable
- Watching out for danger signs in everything
- Feeling mentally blank
Anxiety is much more than being just a feeling and several physical symptoms are observed as a result of the body's response to severe anxiety. The most common physical symptoms are as follows:
- A pounding heart
- Excessive sweating
- An upset or dizzy stomach
- Enhanced urge for urination and diarrhea
- Breathing problems
- Muscle tension
- Feeling twitches and tremors
- Severe headache and excess fatigue
- Sleeplessness or insomnia
Coping with severe anxiety:
In order to cope with an anxiety disorder, you should follow these tips:
- You should connect with other people as being lonely or isolated may trigger your anxiety. Meet friends or join support groups. You should share your feelings with a loved one to ease the anxiety.
- You must start undertaking relaxation techniques such as mindfulness meditation, progressive muscle relaxation or deep breathing. These help in reducing your anxiety and make you feel relaxed.
- Regular exercise and work out is a natural stress buster and relieves anxiety. Practice different types of exercises strictly every day.
- You must get sufficient sleep as lack of sleep boosts your feelings of anxiety and tension. You should get 6-7 hours of undisturbed sleep every night.
- You should reduce your intake of alcohol and caffeine products, which worsen your anxiety.
- You must train your mind to stay calm. The habit of needless worrying must be brought under control. You can undertake strategies such as creating a worry period, challenging the thoughts of anxiety and accepting uncertainty in life.
The self-help strategies for coping with severe anxiety can be quite effective. In some cases, fear and anxiety attacks become very severe and cause great distress in a person's life. In such cases, professional help is required. Certain behavior therapies can be undertaken for eliminating severe anxiety. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.