Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepti Mahajan
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Deepti MahajanYour feedback matters!
Hi, My son have eye problem his right eye SPH-6.75 and CYL -1.50 AXS 94 Left eye SPH -2.50 and CYL -0.75 AXS my son 11 years old What should I do? Please give solution.
Son is 1.9 years old. And in our location hospital is about 10kms away! I want to know what is the immediate thing i've to do if while eating or drinking some food particles or milk got stuck in mouth airway. Because this is a common dangerous accident that can happen among kids!
My father have been continu cough sincelast 8 months i dont know what happen in my fathe.R they have work welding.
My 3 years old son have to do circumcision for non religious purpose. Suggest weather, the surgery is safe in this age? Advice a doctor for consultation and hospital in Thiruvananthapuram to do this procedure. And please tell how much it costs in the recommended hospital and duration of the hospitalization.
Hi doctor, I have 2 kids 3 years 10 months and 11 months. Both are having cold and cough frequently. Doctor has given levolin and cetzine syrup. Pls tell me there uses and home remedies to improve there immune system. Thanking you in advance.
We all got together to indulge into our favourite foods this holiday season, where platter overflowed with sweet, spicy and acidic foods. However, when it comes to teeth, sugar isn’t the only culprit that cause tooth decay. High levels of acid in everyday foods and drinks are equally harmful. Lemons to wine, high-acid foods and drinks erode your teeth, causing decay, sensitivity and discoloration. But that doesn’t mean you have to strike all acidic foods and drinks from your diet. The way you consume these items can lessen their damage on your teeth.
It is a type of tooth wear where, the protective surface of your teeth or the enamel wears away exposing the underlying material, called dentin. This leaves your tooth vulnerable to tartar, plaque and bacteria, which cause decay.
Causes of tooth erosion:
Calcium is a key ingredient in building strong teeth. Unfortunately, exposing your teeth to acid can leach calcium from your enamel, causing this protective surface to break down. Foods which have Ph. below 5.0 to 5.7 are acidic. This acid can come from many sources, including the following:
· Carbonated drinks. All soft drinks, including “diet” options, contain high levels of acid that can easily dissolve your enamel.
· Wine. Whether you choose red, white or rosé, drinking wine will soften your enamel.
· Pickles. Which are traditionally seen in an Indian platter
· Fruit juice. The most acidic options include lemon, cranberry, orange and apple.
· Citric fruits. Snacking or sucking on lemons, oranges and limes can wear down your teeth.
· Candy. No sugary sweets are good for your teeth, but you should pay extra attention to avoid sour gummies and candies.
· Sugar. Even though sugar itself does not contain high levels of acidity, it promotes the growth of acid-creating bacteria in your mouth, creating an acidic environment.
· Stomach acid. Vomiting and reflux also can cause serious tooth damage when stomach acid comes into contact with your teeth. If you suffer from an eating disorder, acid reflux or a related condition, seek professional help.
Signs of tooth erosion
Acid wear may lead to serious dental problems. It is important to notice the signs of tooth erosion in its early stages (sensitivity and discoloration) before more severe damage occur, such as cracks, pain and decay.
· Sensitivity. As your teeth’s protective enamel wears away, you may feel a twinge of pain when you consume hot, cold or sweet food and drink. As more enamel is worn away, teeth become increasingly sensitive.
· Discoloration. Teeth can become increasingly yellow as the thinning enamel layer exposes the underlying dentin.
· Rounded teeth. Your teeth may have a rounded or “sand-blasted” look.
· Sharp edges. You might notice thinning of teeth with sharp edges which might cut your tongue and cheeks.
· Transparency. Your front teeth may appear slightly translucent near the edges.
· Cracks. Small cracks and roughness may appear at the edges of teeth.
· Cupping. Small dents may appear on the chewing surface of the teeth, and fillings may appear to be rising up out of the tooth.
What you can do to prevent tooth erosion
Follow these tips to reduce the effects of acid on your teeth.
· Eating higher pH. Food alongside. This helps in lowering the acidity. Includes food like nuts, cheese, oatmeal, mangoes, melons, banana, apples, eggs, vegetables, brown rice and whole grains.
· Eat with meals. Instead of snacking throughout the day, save acidic foods for mealtimes. This will reduce their contact with your teeth and help neutralize the acid by eating it with other foods.
· Wash down with water. Sip water alongside or after the acidic food or drink to wash it out of your mouth.
· Use a straw. While having acidic beverages, reduce their contact with your teeth by using a straw and finishing the drink quickly, instead of sipping over a long period of time.
· Say no to bubbles. Swap out carbonated drinks with water, milk or tea.
· Wait before brushing. Acid softens your enamel, so brushing immediately after eating or drinking high-acid foods or drinks can actually cause damage. Wait at least half an hour and then start brushing. In the meantime, you can always rinse your mouth with tap water.
· Quit smoking. Studies have showed that smokers are more prone to acidity leading to acid reflux and teeth erosion
· Professional help. See your dentist twice a year for dental cleaning and oral screening.
· Sugar free gums. Chewing on sugar free gums increase the saliva flow which, neutralise the acid and help the teeth to stay strong.
Sexual abuse of children may sound very scary and degrading, but the truth is it is a very prevalent problem. As much we may not want to believe, the number of boys and girls who are sexually abused, and that too by close family and friends is very high. This may be difficult to digest, but is the truth. The sexual abuse in male and female children is 50% in each group which is again unbelievable but true.
What is considered child sexual abuse?
Child sexual abuse includes touching and non-touching activity. Some examples of touching activity include:
- touching a child's genitals or private parts for sexual pleasure.
- making a child touch someone else's genitals, play sexual games or have sex putting objects or body parts (like fingers, tongue or penis) inside the vagina, in the mouth or in the anus of a child for sexual pleasure.
The thing to ponder, however, is that people who abuse children have a deeper problem. This could be due to a combination of social and psychological issues that the person is facing. Often helping identify the underlying problem could be a solution to the problem too, but this is rarely done. If you think a child could be subjected to abuse, look out for the following symptoms.
- A feeling of guilt or shame.
- Irritability and anger with minimal reasons.
- Mood swings, often uncommon in children.
- Feeling very isolated and sad.
- Very anxious and angry.
- Symptoms of withdrawal, not wanting to be left alone.
- Fatigue and pain in the back, legs.
- Loss of appetite, energy.
- Bruises (look out for these, which may not be in visible areas).
How to handle?
Given the fact that the offender is in close family and/or friends circle, the suspicion levels are quite low.
- The first step, therefore, is to open up and talk with either your parents or someone close.
- Look for support groups which can be very helpful.
- Do not be isolated though the urge is very strong.
- Build a daily schedule to ensure your routine continues (studies, work, etc.).
- Focus on exercise or other passions as they help you deviate your mind.
- Be sure to not be alone with the offender, stay in a group.
- Give out a strong message saying it is not acceptable, and do not keep quiet.
Homoeopathy can come rescue of the offender all well as the victim. If we see according to the point of view of who committed the crime, many reasons may come to the light and we can be treated accordingly. Usually, these criminals have a very painful and sad childhood. This could lead them to commit a crime like child abuse.
The following are the medicines to treat such people with anti-social behaviour-
- Nux V.
There are certain homoeopathic medicines which are helpful in the treatment of children who are victimized. The most common symptom is nightmares.
For treatment for actual physical and mental symptoms of the victim child, following homoeopathic medicines may help:
- Nat. mur.
Homeopathy is a safe and effective way to treat the victims as well as the culprits of sexual abuse. It focuses on the way patients have reacted to events and the personality of the patient. It helps to bring complete harmony of physical, mental and social well being.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.