Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. DeepakYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 37 years old female and there is often pain in my heaheals after sleep in morning and after tsking rest during day what are its causes
My left shoulder is paining frequently. I am also getting head ache due to shoulder pain. By applying volini I am getting relief. But it occurs at least once in a week for the past 3 months. Tell me the solution for it.
Is working in computer affect the neck in any way. I was told that spondylitis is caused due to over usage of computer.
L4-l5 and l5-s1 between disk problems years-44-women. Please give advise operation after disk moving
I have pain in left leg starting from hip joint to left thigh. Some times it is very painful to bear. Please advise me some treatment.
I am a 44 year old female and have been suffering from lower back-ache for past 8 months. It started with raising a leg to put on lower garment. It was very severe in the beginning. There was no apparent problem with X_Ray. Doctor had prescribed painkillers and ointment at the time. I have managed it with hot packs, gels and some general self acupressure. I have been taking Calcium for last 6 months. Vitamin D is low. I now frequently experience a bad back (sometimes upper, sometimes lower) and think its something with the muscles. Could someone suggest ways to strengthen back muscles. Thanks in advance.
I'm male 30 years old and unmarried. Height-164cm, weight-80kg, my problem was started from before 5 day's, while wakeup morning abdomen to feet feel like paralyzed, if I try to move leg's, its giving too much pain at leg muscles. Once I move leg's then there is no problems, but its occurring daily. What to do?
Hi when night I sleep my leg get painful I can not sleep morning also can not walk because of this leg pain what do I do.
I am suffering of foot pain. When we go to Race after than the race my foot pain is Start. I am suffering from last one week .so please concerns what should I do.
Hi please help my right shoulder its very pain any pain killer for me. please reply asap. Thanks & Regards IMRAN KHAN.
Our bones are composed of calcium deposits, and with age, the amount of deposits gradually reduce, leading to porous bones called in medical terms as osteoporosis - osteo for bone and porosis for porous. As the bones grow porous, they are more brittle and prone for fracture. In severe conditions, a person's limb length can also be altered, leading to stooped and shortened stature.
Osteoporosis is more common in females, especially after menopause, as there is a strong hormonal connection to osteoporosis. An advice for females post 40 is to include calcium and vitamin d supplements, thereby delaying the onset and reducing the severity of this condition.
Once it does set in, there are various medications available; however, as with most allopathic medications, there are side-effects. Well-known as it is, homeopathy treats the individual and not just the disease. Listed below are some common treatments, which improve calcium and phosphorus metabolism, reduce bone loss, and improve bone mass.
- Calcarea carbonica - This works well in patients who have issues with calcium absorption, get tired easily, are anxious and stressed out easily. Cold often worsens the pain and there could be swelling of joints and neck and back pain. There is also a strong craving for sweets in these people.
- Calcarea phosphorica - This works very well in cases where the spine has been affected. Patients with softened spine and curved body benefit very well from this. This also can be used where there is associated anemia and increased bone pain due to cold weather. At an emotional level, people with general dissatisfaction and a strong desire to travel and wanting a change of situations can also benefit from this.
- Calcaria iod - In addition to bone loss, where there is muscular and fat deficiency, this supplement has been proven to work well.
- Silicea (silica) - Delicate people who are often very nervous and get tired easily and have a low resistance to infection get benefited from this medication. The spine is the most affected, and there might even be fractures and pus or fistula formation. It helps in healing broken bones and removing bone splinters. This works well in cases where calcium assimilation is affected by improving calcium assimilation.
- Symphytum - Popularly known as 'knit bone,' this medicine is believed to help unite fractured bones very effectively by promoting strong callous formation. Not just new fractures, this also helps in patients who have pain in old healed or partially healed fractures.
To conclude, there are many remedies that can help treat osteoporosis and its consequences, the above being the few popular ones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
I get tingling and numb feeling in my hands and legs. I feel light headed and my heart palpitates heavily. I hv to take long breathes. This happens every alternate days since last 15 years. Please help.
Sir me 28 years ka hu mu je puri body me thado pain hota alaga alag jagah par alag alag time pain hota hehatah me chesat me gal par pair me hatah ki ungli me par ke panjo me sir me etc sir ye kya ho sakta he.
Arthritis is an autoimmune disorder wherein, the immune system of the body attacks healthy tissues within the various joints of the body. This causes inflammation of the joints, leading to multiple problems in them. One common issue with all the problems is pain. Thus, managing pain with rheumatoid arthritis is one of the most important facets of the treatment. More than the deformities or other problems, it is the pain that limits your capabilities. Some techniques for the management of pain are mentioned below.
- Pain medication: This is the obvious and first choice to avail if you need to reduce pain. There are many types and levels of pain medications which can range anywhere from being mild to very strong. However, this isn’t an option that should be considered lightly as you may have a tendency to develop a dependency which can border on addiction. Also, many of them harm the hepatic and renal system of the body if used beyond a certain period. Thus it is advisable to use this prudently.
- Weight management: In many cases, the pain is exacerbated by obesity. It has been noticed that obese or overweight people tend to suffer more from arthritis pain as the added weight tends to add pressure on the joints. Thus, one of the best ways to reduce a significant amount of pain would be to reduce weight through dieting and limited exercises that don’t strain the joints. However, it is easier said than done as a person in pain cannot usually exercise! So, the best strategy is to visit a pain specialist / interventional pain physician and get your pain controlled. Thereafter, start the exercises and reduce the weight effectively.
- Medication for inflammation: Inflammation of the joints is the primary symptom of this disorder. Inflammation is also what causes the pain within the joints. Thus, treating the inflammation with relevant medication has also been known to reduce pain. This is usually the first option to go to for relieving arthritis pain. The catch point here is also the side effect profile of these drugs.
- Changes in Diet: A few type of foods, especially certain fish found in colder waters are a rich source of Omega-3 fatty acids, which are very good at reducing inflammation within the joints. There are also certain food items which may be bad for your arthritis pain as they may aggravate inflammation and it is better to avoid such items altogether. Some examples of such items would be sugar, alcohol, white flour, processed meats, gluten rich foods among others.
- Massages: Whether it is a self-massage or from a therapist, it is a great way to encourage circulation which can help reduce inflammation and work as a pain reliever. A therapist would also know certain specific techniques to relieve arthritis pain. However, most of the times, improper massage shall do more harm than good.
- Interventional Pain Procedures: These may often be the most cost effective and usually the only option to reduce pain. These include joint injections, neurotomies, radio frequency therapy, laser therapy, ozone therapy, platelet rich plasma or anti-inflammatory injections.
- Other therapies: Some other therapies include heat and cold compress, acupuncture, wearing supportive wears and braces among others to encourage circulation and reduce pain. Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation also helps to relieve pain by stimulating the affected nerves in the joints with the help of a low voltage electric current. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pain Management Specialist.