Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Charit Bhograj
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Charit BhograjYour feedback matters!
My dad is having pain in his chest some time what's the issue should I take to the hospital for check up.
I am having problem of acid re flux symptoms every night whenever I eat some thing I have a feeling that there is burning sensation in my chest.Any remedy and which type of doctor should I consult ?
Having heard about getting any sort of pulmonary disease might give you a nightmare. Well, yes there are pulmonary problems, which are dangerous and become life threatening. Pulmonary hypertension is one such rare disease. It is a type of high blood pressure, which usually occurs in the pulmonary arteries that stream from human heart through lungs. The arteries become narrowed, constricted, which makes the flow of blood difficult through the vessels. As the situation occurs, the heart will have to work more to fix the situation. This causes high blood pressure in the pulmonary arteries. If the condition deteriorates the pressure increases along with risk factors.
Symptoms of pulmonary hypertension:
There are certain symptoms, which people experience under the pulmonary hypertension disease. The symptoms might get unnoticed for years and you might get delayed in treating such problems. This article can help you know about the disease, symptoms and its treatment.
There is a list of symptoms, which can help you understand if you have pulmonary hypertension:
- One of the major symptoms that you may notice is shortness of breath. The arteries and blood vessels which help in flowing blood through lungs help in breathing too. So a narrowed and constricted artery makes the inhalation and exhalation procedure laborious.
- The next symptom that you might notice is fatigue and dizziness. If your lungs are not getting enough blood that means your brain and body are not getting enough oxygen to work. This hinders your body to perform any kind of activities smoothly. This can make you gain weight and increase several risk factors.
- Next, you might feel irregular heartbeat and chest pain. Increased pressure makes the heart work faster than its normal rate. This further makes the heart muscles weaker, and it is not able to control the heartbeat as it used to.
Treatment of pulmonary hypertension:
- Pulmonary hypertension is generally treated with medication and surgery. Depending on its severity, your doctor will prescribe the medicines. Generally, doctors prescribe such medicines, which help in relaxing the blood vessels. The relaxed blood vessels can regulate blood flow easily. All the medicines are generally taken orally or injected or inhaled.
- If you adopt a severe case of pulmonary hypertension, then your doctor might suggest you a lung transplant or a heart-lung transplant.
- Depending upon the type of pulmonary hypertension, your doctor may prescribe you blood-thinning medicines also, if you have blood clots in your arteries.
- In a certain cases, doctors prescribe oxygen therapy, which helps in increasing the oxygen level in blood.
- With the above mentioned methods, doctors ask for a change in lifestyle, which is important in treating the specific disease. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I m suffering from chest pain. Sometimes during sleeping my pain wakes me up. I dnnt noe what happens with me.
I am having hypertension. Last 3 years I am taking Telma 40 at early morning. Now it is raising to 130/93 despite using the tablet. I do no have diabetes and hypothyroidism. Kindly advise me.
After Cesar on 13 the Oct 2016 successfully delivered baby at 10 am, my sister's blood pressure fall down to 40 in systolic at night about 1 am. After 2 hours urine stopped. Then blood b+ given to her and admitted to CCU unit of hospital for 6 days, then bp & urine got normal but her belly size could not reduce, and in ct scan about 10 cm × 9 cm size blood clot is in. After that transferred to r g kar medical CLG & hospital on 20/10/2016. After 3 pouch blood, and 2 pouch white plasma given to her and some clotting blood got out from her cesarean place. And after that successful operation done by doctors out the whole clot in this Friday. But now problem is about 101°F to 101.5°F fever suffers her daily in afternoon to night from sat to today. All antibiotics are running, paracetamol are running but why the fever could not left I worried. Please suggest me sir / madam. Why we should do. There is no dengue or malaria. Doctor said she has a own infection, but is it proper or not. Please suggest me as early as possible.
It has been 6 months since my bypass surgery. I still feel pain when sleeping on my side in lower ribs. What could be the possible reason? Any exercises that I should be doing?
Recently I have been operated colon cancer stage 2 and oncologist advised me chemo therapy is not required. I am also having blood pressure and cholesterol problems which I am controlling thru medication. Please advise me what type of food I can eat? I used to take liquor rarely say once in two months but very much controlled before my surgery. Can I continue my liquor rarely or to be stopped permanently?
There can be no denying the fact that health is wealth, without which we would not be able to enjoy life to the fullest. And to have good health, overall well-being is essential which includes a healthy heart for which it is to have a healthy level of cholesterol. So, if you wish to deal with cholesterol disorders, then here are some tips for you:
1. Reduce intake of animal fats:
When you are dealing with cholesterol disorders, you should stay away from fatty meats such as bologna, salami, hot dogs and others. It is also recommended to avoid full-fat dairy items such as cheese, cream, whole milk, and butter. These foods not only contain saturated fats but cholesterol as well which together make the condition worse.
2. Opt for more vegetables and fiber:
You should try to substitute animal protein with plant-based protein such as tofu, lentils, beans, and quinoa. You can have them in soup, salad or burrito for reducing the saturated fat intake and increase fiber intake. Also, soluble fiber present in oats, ground flaxseed, barley, legumes, dried beans and whole-grain cereals helps in binding the bile.
3. Be careful of your carbohydrate intake:
Research shows that taking a low-carbohydrate diet not only helps in losing weight and reducing cardiovascular risk factors. You should, therefore, go for high-fiber carbohydrates such as whole grain starches, lentils, and fruits which will provide all the energy that you need while keeping you fuller for longer.
4. Take measures for losing weight:
If you are obese or overweight, you should try to reduce weight through exercise and keeping your diet on a check. This is because weight loss helps you reduce LDL cholesterol causes buildup and accumulation of plaque that can be detrimental to your health. You will be surprised to know that a reduction of 10 to 20 pounds of body weight can have a big impact. It is advised to indulge in 90 minutes of cardiovascular exercise for improving your heart health.
5. Seek resort to the technological advancements:
Numerous technological tools can give you feedback on your exercise. Even the smartphones today come with various apps that can help you track exercise, calories intake, and motivation techniques. You may also invest in the biofeedback devices like heart rate monitors and pedometers for effectively managing the condition.
6. Keep up the good spirit:
One of the best ways to deal with cholesterol disorders is to work out regularly and eat healthy on a regular basis. It is a process. Not only taking medicines, but these healthy habits will help your bad cholesterol levels drop desirably.
As you can see, dealing with cholesterol disorders are not so complicated, all it takes is a few lifestyle changes in the right direction for a lifetime of good health. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!