Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Chandrika K MYour feedback matters!
I was operated for Papillary thyroid carcinoma and doing good now, currently on Eltroxin 200 mcg. I am looking for a good Antioxidant supplement which has below properties and Which can be used for long term: 1.Kills Microbes in body 2.Strength Immune system. 3.Which alkaline body 4.Which can keep all organs healthy. Please suggest a name of Good supplement. Regards.
I am suffering from Thyroid disease since 3 years and Initially my Condition was in HYPOTHYROID and I have used THYRONORM 25 mcg for 3 months and I stopped using medicine. But now I tested and result is HYPERTHYROID. What should I do. Should I go for Homeopathy or English medicine. Because Thyroid is a chronic disease and if I use English medicine for long time does it show side effects.
Meri mummy ko thyroid ka problem h aur wo every medicine le rahi h lekin unko ab dheere dheere aur problems ho raha h. Unko pair me sujan hota h press karne per dab jaata h.
Inflammation of the thyroid gland
Natural home remedy using flaxseeds:
Take 2 tbsp crushed flaxseeds
Add little water
Mix well and make paste
Apply this on the throat
Wash off after 20 min
Dry with a clean piece of cloth
Natural home remedy using sorrel leaves and olive oil:
Crush a handful of sorrel leaves
Add 2 tbsp olive oil
Apply this paste on the swelling
Wash off after 15 min
Natural home remedy using dandelion leaves and clarified butter:
Take a handful of dandelion leaves
Crush them to make a paste
Add 2 tsp clarified butter and mix well
Heat the mixture till it turns lukewarm
Apply this paste on affected area
Leave it for 15 min
Do this for 2 weeks
Consume food rich in iodine like:
I am having hypothyroid because of which my weight is increasing too much. Please tell me the do's and do not's to reduce my weight. What shall I eat for breakfast?
Hi my name is vishal my age 29 and my uric acid is 6.4 I always feel back pain and weakness is possible this happen bczz uric acid?
If you have got diabetes, then it is quite natural that you will soon face acute eye troubles. This is the reason diabetic patients are always suggested to keep their blood sugar levels controlled so that eye troubles can be easily avoided. Thorough medical check-up is required in order to detect conditions of the eyes. Some of the commonest eye troubles occurring due to diabetes are cataract, glaucoma, blurry vision, diabetic retinopathy and others.
List of eye diseases caused by diabetes:
- Diabetic Retinopathy: When the retina's smallest blood vessels get severely damaged due to increased blood sugar, then this kind of eye condition occurs. Early detection of this eye condition can save your eyes, but if it is too late, then nothing can be done, and it might even lead to blindness.
- Cataract: Fogging or clouding condition can bring this kind of condition and this can only be corrected by wearing proper corrective lenses. However, if you fail to control diabetes, then in spite of wearing glasses, your eye condition might get deteriorated day-by-day. Glared or blurred vision is the most common symptom in this regard.
- Glaucoma: When the eye fluid is not drained properly, then this kind of eye trouble occurs. In fact, eye pressure increases to a great extent as a result of which delicate eye nerves can get severely damaged. The blood vessels of the eyes can get clogged causing greater interruption in vision. Medicines can make aqueous humor to get drained in a proper manner, and thus you should go for a proper eye check-up so that you can acquire the requisite medicines. Some popular symptoms of glaucoma are headaches, eye aches, blurred vision, watery eyes, vision loss and others.
- Diabetic macular edema: This eye disease mainly occurs in the advanced stage of diabetic retinopathy. Macula is nothing, but the most delicate part of retina and when it gets swollen, then you might face this eye trouble. Only medications can help you to get rid of the same and thus immediate medical help is needed.
- Blurry vision: Though this is quite a small and temporary eye issue for diabetic patients, but this condition might turn into a serious one if you neglect to correct the same in the very beginning. You might even face blindness due to negligence of this trouble. Also, fluctuating sugar-levels should be stabilized so that this kind of trouble can be easily tackled.
Infertility is a condition where a couple, trying to conceive in a natural way is not able to do so even after one year of trying. So here are the causes and risks for this condition.
Causes: There are many causes of infertility. It may be due to a condition present in one or both partners. As per a medical study, 20% of the cases of infertility are due to males, while 40% to 50% cases are due to problems in the female partner. 30% of the cases suffer from infertility due to problems in both males and females. Ovulation and fertilisation are the main elements of the conception process and any condition in the female or male can upset either function, which can make it difficult to conceive.
While abnormal sperm production and transport may be a common condition that leads to infertility in males, other factors like side effects of cancer treatments and too much exposure to toxins and chemicals can also play an important role in this regard. For females, the causes of infertility may range from ovulation disorders, uterine and fibroid tumours, uterine and cervical anomalies.
Risks: There are a number of factors that put a male or a female at risk of infertility. Being in your mid 30s usually has an adverse effect on the ovulation and production of well functioning sperm. Further, smoking and tobacco are among the main causes of infertility in either partner.
Excessive alcohol consumption may also lead to this problem. Being overweight or underweight can also make a person infertile. Further, not getting enough exercise and routine activities out of your day, can lead to this condition as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.