Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Chandrika K MYour feedback matters!
I am 35 years old I want to know about my mother diabetes problem she is 58 yrs. Is it necessary to take insulin injection ever day or ant tab to cure her disease any electronic media attached to her body can control the glucose level.
I am a diabetic with recent record of 120 mg/DL before breakfast and 202 mg/DL. What diet I need to follow. Especially will peanut chutney in the breakfast increases my blood sugar level?
I am 53 yrs old male, my problem is while I am in sleep in day or night time, urine passes slowly in drops and wet my cloths and bed. I am a diabetic.
My brother is 40 year old, diabetic since 10 years. On medication, since 1 year on insulin. Since 3 months there is a problem in erection. No desire for sexual activity. Early discharge. All these things are causing depression. Kindly give advice.
I was having serious fungal infection in my pubic area, rear and on my left thigh. I got it in the month of may 2014. Then I took medication like Itraconazole, Ketoconazole, and finally got some relief with Griseofulvin in the form of Grisovin FP (250 mg). I took two courses of 20 days (4 tablets each day) and I am feeling some relief as the spots I had are not bold. But there are spots all over. I need some medication on how to remove those spots completely. Please help.
My age is 38 years old I am suffering from diabetes from 10 years now my ppp is 380 mg and my fasting is 290 mg. I take medicine" early mv2" take on empty stomach in morning and night another medical I take another medicine" istamet 50/1000 mg"; at night after food I also aware sugar. please help to control diabetes.
My mom get uric acid problem her uric acid is 8.9 so how can I control it and she has BP problem also give me solutions to get it in control.
I am a male age 53 years suffering from diabetes Type II from January 2010. There is a fluctuation in figures between Fasting and PP. I am taking Glycigon M one each time. Please let me know what are the best ways of folding and lifestyle and other things that I should adopt to control diabetes. My average blood sugar is 140-145. What is the role of Homeopathic medicine. Regards
Hello Doc, I have diagnosed high tch 8.5 six moths ago and yesterday my new report shows that its came down to 6.80 .i am doing regular exercise for thyroid and not started medication my question is will I continue with exercise or I need medication for thyroid. thanks.
I am 60 years old male suffering from diabetes for last one and half years. I am having some allopathic medicine. But I want to use an ayurvedic medicine. May you suggest me. Some best ayurvedic medicine.
Hi my thyroid level is 4.57 as doctor's are suggesting to take thyroid tablet of 15 mcg daily for 1 month since im trying for pregnancy thyroid level shut be below 3point. My doubt is after stopping the tablet there's any chance of my thyroid level goes high again.
I am diabetic and feel that the earth is moving or you may call it chakkar aana when I travel in lift in malls or climb any temple at height. Sometimes the situation is so pathetic that I have to come down fast and take deep breath till it becomes normal. Please help.
The lifestyle we lead plays an important role. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is important to overcome many diseases as it helps in bringing the blood pressure to normal and in turn reduce the risks of diseases, such as diabetes and hypertension. Factors like smoking, diet, stress and sedentary lifestyle can lead to hypertension and diabetes. Hypertension is known as silent killer as it is symptomless.
There are various traditional medicines known to lower the blood pressure. Also, there are certain herbs that help in controlling blood pressure and preventing other diseases.
Some of these herbs are:
- Basil: This herb has a strong aroma and can be used in the preparation of many foods. It also helps in lowering the blood pressure, though for a brief time. Adding freshly chopped or torn basil to soups, salads, pastas and casseroles not only enhance the taste but are also beneficial for health.
- Cinnamon: This herb requires some effort to add in the diet, but is helpful in maintain the blood pressure. Diabetic people should have cinnamon everyday in some or the other way. Cinnamon can be included by sprinkling over cereals, oats, coffee, stews and curries.
- Cardamom: Cardamom if consumed daily can be helpful in bringing down blood pressure and in turn controlling hypertension and diabetes. Cardamom is very popular in South Asia, the seeds can be powdered and used in stews, soups or baking. It not only has an enhanced flavor but is also packed with numerous health benefits.
- Flaxseed: This is very rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are believed to lower the blood pressure and also protect the body against atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. They are known for reducing cholesterol levels, and improving glucose tolerance thus acting as antioxidant. Flaxseeds can be added in smoothies and soups or baked goods.
- Garlic: Garlic often synonymous with bad breath and pungent seasoning has immense health benefits. It dilates and relaxes the blood vessels allowing the blood to flow freely and in turn reduces the blood pressure.
- Ginger: Adding ginger to the diet helps to control the blood pressure. It relaxes the blood vessels and improves the circulation of the blood. Ginger can be used in sweets, savories and beverages and is very common in Asian food.
- Celery Seed: This is a diuretic and in China it is used to treat hypertension. This can be used to flavor stews, soups, savory dishes and casseroles. Both the seeds and the plant have various benefits and uses of their own.
- Hawthorn: This herb is used to treat high blood pressure in China. Decoctions of the herb have health benefits such as reduction of blood pressure, controlling hypertension and blood circulation.