Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. ChandrashekkharYour feedback matters!
I'm suffering from panic and anxiety attacks. And feel depressed too many a times. How to get help? Any home remedies I can take up?
I'm feeling very sleepy in my class hours. I sleep at 10: 30 pm.still I can not control my sleep. Even if I wake up at 5: 00 am to study ,i doze off. Parents can not understand that I am not purposefully sleeping . What should I do doctor?
I loved a girl. After breakup of one year sometimes I'm getting her thoughts, I can manage that but now I came to know dat my friend who was with me for 5 years is loving her. Now I have only thoughts abt thats only throughout the day. What shall I do now to get rid of that thing?
Hi I am 29 M, 64 kgs and 5.5 height, past 14 years daily I use to hand job once r twice, I am unable to stop that habit, my pennis is also very small, n ext year I am gng to marriage is there any problem with to born a baby, I am very tensed about dis pls give a suggestions.
Why i am getting angry and not able to tolerate when my wife is giving every time negetive ideal and answers to me Can i over come these how please
In the morning when I wake up and stand from my bad. At that time in my head I feel that some water is moving and so I feel some stress. And so I have to immediately sit down or sleep again. Why this thing is happen and what is the remedy. Guide me. Thanks.
I am Chaitanya 20 years old. I have short memory loss problem. When I want to remember something I can't. How I improve my memory power.
My son developed depression & diagnosed as schizopherenia in jan 2012, started olinzapine fr 3 months and changed to Asenept tablet by the doctor. Again developed the same problem in jan 2013, Again olanzapine started with 15 mg dose daily. Now is fine and taking 5 mg dose. My question is till what time he has to continue the medicine. He is 23 years amd working ad teaching faculty in AAKASH educational services at DELHI.
I am 22 years old and I am morally very weak, everyone says I am morally weak but I want to know whether I am born morally weak I.e is it genetic or is it due to upbringing. in my childhood I was the monitor of my class but o never used to mind the class because I used to feel insecure ,negative and cowardness so I never used to mind the class ,I used to feel weak inside my heart ,I was greatly lacking courage ,I never used to fight even if the other person teases me or hits me, I used to cry and I thought as I grow up I will be alright but no I am still the same ,everyone says that I am a female because I act like them I get scared easily and had no courage ,I even get afraid of getting injection, I don't know how but I like this from beginning. I am pessimistic from 5 standard I guess please let me know is my moral weakness genetic or nurtured and how to overcome it?
I feel stress when I watching movie or something else either on tb, or laptop or mobile etc what can ido? What precaution can I do for that?
I recently did usg of my breasts and it shows 5-6mm encapsulated left axillary lymph nodes … I am having an unbearable pain in my both breasts n during ma self breast examination I felt a small cyst like appearance in my ryt breast. After consulting a doctor he said that my right cyst is a cyclic fibroid, sometimes it vanishes and my usg did not showed anything in my right breast… Sometimes I am having a nipple discharge also and sometimes not.
How should I quit smoking, you have taken chewing gums and many more things. But after 2 to 3 days it continue, and weight is also increasing day by day please give me a solution for it, to quit smoking and reduce weight. Actually digestive system is not so good and constipation problem is also to me.
Hello doctors My mother in law is suffering from Parkinson's advanced disease. Is there any treatment whom we have to consult? Till now we have visited almost all hospitals located in my place (hyderabad) .Is there're any hope that we can get her to normal position?
Strange personality disorders
Millions of people across the world are diagnosed as suffering from mental illness. And though most of those are disorders are common and well-known (such as depression, anxiety and phobias) there are also some unusual and bizarre disorders. For example:
1. Stockholm syndrome – typically seen in abducted hostages, this is where the captive shows signs of sympathy, compassion and loyalty towards the hostage taker. This occurs regardless of the way they have been treated – and even where they’ve been tortured or their life is under threat.
2. Lima syndrome – this is the opposite of the previous syndrome. It’s where the hostage taker is extremely concerned for the plight and wellbeing of the hostages.
3. Diogenes syndrome – this disorder is marked by severe self neglect, compulsive hoarding, reclusive tendencies, and keeping large numbers of animals at home.
4. Paris syndrome – this is very exclusive disorder … one restricted to japanese tourists in paris (it’s true!) the sufferer experiences a total mental breakdown when the city fails to meet their cultural expectations (paris is rarely as polite, romantic, peaceful and idyllic as the tourists had imagined). To cope with this experience, their embassy established a 24hr hotline to help those with the syndrome.
5. Jerusalem syndrome – people diagnosed with this particular disorder experience delusions and spontaneous psychosis after visiting a holy city. To date, all identified sufferers have had a history of mental illness, or some kind of psychosis.
6. Capgras delusion – in this rare disorder, the individual believes that a friend or family member has been abducted and replaced by an impostor (who looks identical to them). It is generally seen in those with schizophrenia, dementia, or some kind of brain injury.
7. Fregoli delusion – this is the exact opposite of capgras delusion. It is the false belief that numerous different people are actually one person who keeps changing their disguise.
8. Cotard delusion – a person suffering from this delusion believes that they don’t exist, are dead, are putrefying or have no blood or internal organs.