Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Chackko Kosula JacobYour feedback matters!
Sir my creatinine was 1.1 and now after 45 days is .86 the lab rang is .7 to 1.2. Gfr 97. I feel kidneys pain.
I am sahil chandel my grandmother was also has the problem of polycystik kidney disease so as my father. I want to know that I am a gymer I gym and exercise everyday is it good if I take whey protein?
My uncle got operated in kidney stones in urology. His stones are of uric acod type after is getting the same problem again and again so what to issue. I have also many doctors about this same problem so many doctors said that it forms again and again. What to do pls advice us correctly.
As I am facing with kidney stones and the size of stones are 6 mm-2, 8 mm-2 stones and I would request you to please suggest for these stones are curable with medicine or laser surgery is required and to have a proper urine flush what medicine can be taken meanwhile before consultation with doctor. Hope you understand and request your immediate revert on priority.
Hello Dr. My son s 15 months old suffering from urine infection for past a week. We took urine test pus cell came as 0-1 where's as urine culture came as e-coli 10^4 col. My ped. Suggested to c urologist. Yesterday he retract the skin n asked to apply betadine ointment. And advices to apply coconut oil n asked to puldown ever day till one year. This s the second time he s getting this infection. Please advice me. I need the permanent solution. My ped. Suggested to do circumcision where's my urology saying not needed. My son s suffering this pblm every time. Wat the treatment I'm giving s correct or not. Please advice. Even he s putting more pressure to pass motion also. Today we went for check up. My urology told he s perfectly alright. Please advice whether that infection has cured due to this retract.
Frequent urination difficlty with burning more during night since 4 days and less in volume. Earlier frequent urination with difficulty in holding but fair volume .I am Maleof 80Years old. Kindly advise.
I am a 23 years old guy. Within 30 mins of every urination, when I sit down / bend or tend to pick something from floor, a few drop of urine comes from my penis. What is wrong?
I need to go washroom (urine) on a regular intervals in every one hour. Please advice the reason of this problem? I did my sugar test. But it's normal.
Mt friend is suffering for 0.22 mm of kidney stone for more than 3months what should be done to dissolve it?
My wife has stone problems means she has stone in her. If she is in toilet she has to set long times.
Is regularly tomato and spinach in lunch causes stone i. E. Pathari. We can take these rwo lr not in regular basis. Pls suggest.
At the stage of my starting uti according with urine lab reports I took clarithromycin AMOXCYLIN antibiotics but its not cure with that Then doctor proffered me vancomycin with my urine culture report with this drug I got some change with beat result but with that drug i got some reactions on body I stolled using that drug and later I went with homeopathy but my problem got increased with homeopathy then I stopped using homeopathyesicine then again o go with some small quantity antibiotics like gentamycin, neeri tablets but I do not get change in my symptoms then again I done urine test in that lab report there is no pus cells in my urine then doctor proffered me DIFERANCIN HYDROBROMIDE RELEASED CAPSULED dariten OD 7.5 MG To avoid urine urgency now I am ok.
My father had stone in left kidney and we got this clear and cure 4 years ago. He now again has a 7 mm stone in his left kidney, what we do? He is also a gastric patient. please help should it clear through medicine. He is 62 years old.
Treatment for Kidney stones varies depending on the size and type of the stone or the symptoms caused by it. In case of small stones, medication and simple changes in lifestyle can be enough to treat it, but surgeries and extensive treatments are required if symptoms are severe. Following are treatment options for kidney stones:
- Small stones with minimal symptoms: Drinking water: Drinking around 3 litres of water a day will regulate your urinary system and can effectively eliminate small stones. Unless your doctor advices otherwise, drinking ample amount of fluids, usually water, is one of the commonest way to get rid of small kidney stones.
- Pain relievers: There might be a considerable amount of pain and discomfort associated with passing the stone through urine. Your doctor may recommend pain killers like Ibuprofen, Naproxen sodium or acetaminophen.
- Medical therapy: In order to eliminate the kidney stone, your doctor may administer medical therapy. Medication like alpha blocker helps in passing the kidney stone with least pain and more quickly. It relaxes the muscles in the ureter and makes the process relatively easy.
Large stones with severe symptoms:
- Extracorporeal Lithotripsy (ESWL): ESWL uses the help of sound waves to create vibrations which breaks the stones in smaller pieces. This procedure takes about an hour and can cause mild pain and discomfort. Your doctor may administer sedatives to reduce your sensitivity. More than one sessions of ESWL may be required depending upon the response. ESWL has side effects like blood in urine or bruising in the abdomen.
- Surgical removal of kidney stones: Surgical removal of kidney stones is done with the help of a procedure called percutaneous nephrolithotomy (PCNL). It uses small telescopes and other instruments which are inserted in your back through a small incision. It is generally done in case of large stones and when ESWL fails.
- Ureterorenoscopy (URS): A thin illuminated tube called ureteroscope is used to remove a stones in the ureter (a tube leading from kidney to the urinary bladder). The ureteroscope is equipped with a tiny camera which determines the location of the stone which is then broken into pieces with the help of other instruments. It may require general or regional anesthesia.
- Retrograde Intrarenal Surgery (RIRS): In this procedure a flexible endoscope is passed through the urethra into the ureter and the kidney. The stone is localised and is fragmented into small pieces with the help of laser. Fragments are then removed through the urethra. Usually a stent is placed after the surgery which is removed after a couple of weeks. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.
Each tiny action we commit involves the risk of a condition, disease or disorder. For instance, sneezing a bit too hard can rupture an eye vessel, or having your face right up against the wind in a moving bus can expose you to germs. Diabetes is as prevalent as common cold in every household and there is no end to the list of causes that can make you suffer from it. While regular check-ups, medications, insulin shots can help you cope, there are certain measures that if followed, can enable you to avoid the risk of secondary yet fatal diseases. Diabetic nephropathy is one such condition.
When Kidney is affected to the extent that it cannot perform its functions(like excretion of wastes in urine, filtering blood from waste, maintaining electrolyte balance,etc.) properly, it is called as Nephropathy. The reason behind kidney damage could be many, but if diabetes is the prime cause, it is known as diabetic nephropathy in medical terms.
A few features of this disorder are as follows
- The kidneys comprise of several small blood vessels, which perform the function of sifting waste from your blood. Diabetes at an advanced stage can impede smooth functioning of these vessels. As a result, the kidneys malfunction or a person faces kidney failure.
- Nephropathy brings along some other health issues as well. A person's blood pressure may increase as a result, thus making him or her prone to heart attacks and strokes. Sharp rise in cholesterol and triglyceride levels has also been noticed.
- A doctor will check for the presence of a protein called albumin in the patient's urine to know if you suffer from nephropathy or not. Other tests to determine the functioning of kidneys are - S.Creatinine, eGFR, Albumin/Creatinine Ratio (ACR), 24 Hour Urine Protein, Renal Function Tests, etc. A diabetic person should therefore go in for yearly tests.
In a given situation such as this, dialysis or kidney transplant comes to your aid. Both are done when kidney functions are irreversibly damaged. Dialysis can be of two kinds; Hemodialysis or Peritoneal dialysis. Dialysis (also called as Renal Replacement Therapy) remedies kidney damage and kidney failure by using a machine to extract salts, wastes and other fluids in excess from the blood to let your blood have a healthy composition. Dialysis should only be done under the supervision of an experienced nephrologist for best results.