Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chackko Kosula Jacob
Submit a review for Dr. Chackko Kosula JacobYour feedback matters!
I went to the doctor for frequent urination problem. They tested CUE, FBS, PLBS. The reports for CUE is nil. And the report for FBS is 72 test value and for FLBS the test vale is 162. Now I gave another test HBALC what does it mean its really diabetes.
Hi I'm saleem from hyderabad I'm suffering from kidney stones, I have lot of when it starts, and I have health problems also, no fitness, sickness, please suggest me.
Will adpkd patient will surely face chronic kidney disease and will need dialysis after 50 years age? They can never live a normal life long life?
I am gone thru RGU test in which - narrowing of posterior part of urethra is seen -proximal dilatation of urethra is seen Is this serious issue? Can doctor tell what is this issue? Can it be curable During few days I feel urination is not properly happen and I am taking medicine. So urine is better now .but semen flow from penis and sometimes stuck in my urine. So that urine is not properly gone due to semen stuck please explain me thoroughly .is this an surgical issue? Help me out plz.
While I urinate sometimes my urine flow is weak other time it is absolutely normal. Specially when I wake up in the morning. And sometimes when I terminate my urination few drops dribble downwards. Nor always but sometimes. I don't wake up in the night to urinate. Do I have any prostate problems? I am just 22 years old. I have done urine test. It's normal.
From last 2 days, my urine color is red. When I pass in morning time, please advice what is issue and treatment.
I am going frequently to urine. There is also burning sensation during urination. This problem is getting serious day by day. What can I do?
Obstruction of the bile duct is characterized by the blockage of the bile duct. The function of the bile ducts is to transport bile to your small intestine. The bile is excreted in order to digest fats from the food.
There are two types of bile ducts in the body
- Intrahepatic ducts: These ducts are small tube like structures that carry the bile to extrahepatic ducts
- Extrahepatic ducts: Extrahepatic ducts are two ducts that descend from the liver into the body's small intestine
The bile comprises of waste products, bile salts and cholesterol. The liver excretes bile which flows through the bile ducts and is stored in the gallbladder. If the bile ducts are blocked then the bile accumulates in the liver and can lead to jaundice.
Certain causes of this particular condition are mentioned below
1. Bile duct obstruction may result from gallstones
2. If you have inflammation in your bile ducts
3. Narrowing of the bile ducts
4. Enlargement of the lymph nodes
5. Bile duct tumors
6. Tumors in the pancreas
7. Various infections such as hepatitis
8. Liver complications such as cirrhosis
9. Various parasites may lead to bile obstruction
10. Inflammation of the pancreas
11. If you have weak immune systems, then it may lead to infections that may result in bile duct obstructions
The symptoms are
1. You may experience yellowish skin
2. You may have symptoms of fever and vomiting
3. Abdominal pain especially in the upper part
4. Stools may be light colored
5. You may pass urine that is dark in color
The various treatment options for obstruction of the bile duct are surgeries that remove the blockage. Other treatment options are an ERCP (Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography) and a cholecystectomy which is the process of removal of the gallbladder. ERCP is another procedure that is used to get rid of gallstones from the gallbladder. You may prevent it by consuming a lot of fiber in your diet. Make lifestyle changes such as exercising on a regular basis and eating healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.