Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. C.V.KumarYour feedback matters!
My mother is 50 years old and us suffering from diabetes from the last 5 years. Now she is complaining of pain in the whole body. Pain is more in her wrist. There is also swelling in her legs. All tests are normal. Kidney function test and all that. We are unable to find the root cause of the pain. Kindly help us.
I am 31 years old male. I had a paralytic attack four days ago. My MRI report says that: Cerebral parenchymal: subtle T2& FLAIR hyperintensities are seen in the right frontal, occipital and parietal regions. These show diffusion restrictions with low ADC values. Multiple areas of SWI blooming are seen within it. S/O acute infarct with hemorrhagic transformation.
Frozen shoulder is a condition where the patient encounters continuous shoulder stiffness and pain. It could last for several weeks. Inflammation around the shoulder increases the inability to move or stretch properly. This happens when somebody is recovering from an injury. Frozen shoulder can also occur when somebody is wearing a sling or a cast. It also occurs if someone is recovering from surgery or experiencing joint pain. It may also be experienced as a symptom of thyroid, joint disorders or diabetes.
Some of the causes and risk factors for creating a frozen shoulder are as follows:
- If you are 40 years or older, your chances of a frozen shoulder are higher than others
- Recovering from a damage or surgery
- Hormonal imbalance
- Ladies are more prone to a frozen shoulder
- Cervical disc infection that influences the nerves around the shoulder
- Not moving your arm because of other pain or wounds
- Having a previous medical condition like diabetes or other heart diseases
- Open-heart surgery or spinal surgeries
- Poor diet and unhealthy lifestyle
The most widely recognized symptoms of a frozen shoulder include:
- Stiffness around the shoulder usually happens in one shoulder at a time (not both) and will probably return in the same shoulder. Muscle, joint and bone agony in and around the shoulders or arms may be experienced.
- Restricted scope of movement
- Having difficulty moving and using the shoulders or arms ordinarily, (for example, experiencing difficulty in getting dressed, driving, holding objects before you, and gestures.)
- Stretch the Shoulder: Before beginning shoulder exercises for a frozen shoulder, try to warm up your shoulder by doing a few warm up exercises. This will improve the blood supply in the affected area and avoid future injuries by making your body more comfortable with the motion. The best approach is to extend and warm up the shoulder by applying heat for 10 to 15 minutes, scrubbing down or showering with Epsom salt.
- Non-intrusive treatment: While these activities mentioned above can be easily performed at home, if pain continues and makes it difficult to move around or work ordinarily, see a physiotherapist who can appoint particular activities and can enhance your scope of movement, flexibility and strength.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture is considered one of the best treatment choices for any joint and nerve related problem. The treatment is based on focusing on the trigger points of the pain and putting pressure on them via needles. The treatment is not painful and is known to produce good results in the long run.
- Dietary Supplements: Various supplements can be taken with the recommendation of a doctor, in order to improve recovery. Alfalfa (horse feed) and turmeric are two of the most regularly recommended elements that relieve swelling and repair the tissue in the shoulder.