Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. C.V.KumarYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, I'm pradeep and age is 24 last 2months I had back pain it is so heavy. Can you tell me what to do with it.
I need help regarding pain i'm back. I feel back pain till the day I pulled 110 kg load. What to do?
I am 58 years old and have pains in the finger joints when I wake up. As the day goes, it reduces but never goes of completely.
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease, which is characterized by the inflammation of the joint lining and gives rise to pain, stiffness, warmth and redness in the joints. The inflammation occurs in the tissue that normally produces lubricating fluids for the joint. This condition is progressive in nature, and can cause the destruction of joints, leading to functional and locomotive disability.
Though rheumatoid arthritis is a disease that can last for years, patients may not experience any symptoms for a long time. In some cases, the disease may affect other parts of the body like the eyes, lungs, and the heart.
The severity and duration of the symptoms are unpredictable, and the symptoms experienced are:
- At times, people experience increased disease conditions called flare-ups.
- They may also experience alternating periods when the symptoms fade or diminish, which is referred to as remission.
- Some of the common symptoms of the disease include lasting pain and stiffness for more than an hour in the morning, inflammation, fatigue, fever, and a general sense of discomfort.
- Inflammation in the joints close to the hands like wrists and fingers and other parts like neck, shoulders, elbows, knees and hips can also be affected.
- In some cases, both sides of the body are affected at the same time, which is known as inflammation in a symmetric pattern.
Rheumatoid arthritis is usually caused by the body's weakened immune system, which produces antigens to attack itself. The trigger to this reaction is not yet clearly deciphered.
It is diagnosed by clinical examination (American association of Rheumatology criterion) supported by relevant Investigations.
Management for Arthritis includes the following aspects:
1) To control disease activity and control of symptoms of pain, stiffness.
2) Medical treatment to prevent system effects of the disease.
3) Nonmedical treatments comprise of dietary therapy, physiotherapy, immunomodulation therapy.
4) Minimal surgical therapy like arthroscopic synovectomy to confirm the diagnosis as well as reduce disease activity. At times, with the advanced decline of joints, a major surgery like replacement therapy may be required for specific cases.
What's more important is to know that at any stage of the disease patient can adopt and live an active life with appropriate treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.