Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. C.V.KumarYour feedback matters!
I am 73 years old, still active. Thrice a week I go for Taichi, Zumba and Yoga to a Seniors Dignity club. I have pain in my neck and shoulders, since the last one month. I am continuing with my activity. It has not aggravated.
I am 26 years old male, suffering with backbone pain last 2 weeks. I use strong pain killers and sprays but They not relief me permanently. please give me some better advice.
How to reduce the knee pain & ankle pain for 45-50 aged parents and they are suffering from for the past 1 year &they even took the treatment also but of no use. Can you please suggest that is there any remedy to that.
Whenever i walk more than 2 km i feel severe joint pain in my both keen joints even i cant step down through stairs without any support and pain in both legs lower knee part and over toe.
Hi, I'm 22 years old 6 feet tall & 170 lbs weigh. I had my blood drawn on Thursday, and as soon as the needle pierced me I felt a pain along the distal 2/3 of my radius. The phlebotomist said it's because my upper arm muscles were too tense. Well the pain subsides within 5 minutes but each day since it's gotten more frequent. Please advise.
Bursitis is a disorder that is characterized by inflammation of a fluid filled sac called the bursa. Bursa is present in between various tissues such as muscles, tendons and bones where friction may occur. This sac cushions the tissues and prevents friction. The usual areas that are affected by this condition are hip, shoulder and the elbows.
The symptoms of bursitis are:
1. You will experience pain in the affected area
2. Tightness and stiffness in the area
3. Local swelling of the muscle
4. Redness of the area
5. Any physical contact with the area causes pain
Bursitis may also occur due to the following reasons:
1. Ageing results in loss of elasticity of the tendons, thus impairing their ability to tolerate any stressful activity
2. Sports such as baseball where you are required to throw the ball with force may lead to bursitis
3. If you do tasks that require kneeling down on a regular basis
4. Sitting on hard surfaces for extended periods of time
5. Abnormalities such as improperly placed joints
6. Inflammation from other conditions such as gout, thyroid disorders and rheumatoid arthritis may lead to bursitis
The condition is treated by using a variety of methods such as exercise and medication. Antibiotics are used to treat any underlying infection causing bursitis. Injections may be administered to reduce inflammation in the affected area along with exercises to strengthen the affected muscle. In severe cases, the doctor may resort to surgery to treat this condition.
You may use certain preventive measures to stay clear of bursitis. Some of them are
1. Lift with proper form: If you are lifting something heavy, then make sure you keep the spine straight and bend your knees slightly.
2. Take breaks: Don’t remain in the same position for long durations, take small breaks and walk around to release the stress from your legs.
3. Exercise: Do strength building workouts to build strength in the joints. Include mobility and flexibility stretches in your routine to keep your joints healthy, thus increasing the range of motion.
4. Maintain optimal weight levels: If you are obese, then take steps to reduce your weight. Maintain a proper diet to check your waistline. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
In the thumb, the bending is not very flexible with the middle joint. She have to give effort to bend. What we need to do?
I am 20 old girl. I danced before a month after chickenpox. I got knees pain after dance and it not yet went after taking all type of treatment.
There is very pain in my back and joints and also not stretching properly. What should i do? please advise.
I am 29 years old male and I am suffering from cervical spondylitis and lower back pain with headache from last five month give me some useful suggestions.
I am suffering from mcl tear last 10 days ortho spcl said me cylindrical cast for 30 days is it okay.
Hi. Am suffering with shoulder pain when am driving a lot of time. Only right shloudr pain only. Left us normal. How its be decrease please suggest.
Hello Doctors. Due to continuous studies Ans sitting for long term. I use to feel the back Pain. What should I do to prevent it? And how to strengthen my bones?
The most common cause of neck pain can be cervical disc disease. It is generally caused by the abnormality of the disc that is the cushion present between the vertebrae. The disc can get damaged because of arthritis or any unknown cause. When damaged, it usually leads to inflammation or spasm of the muscles leading to neck pain.
There are a number of pain medications, traction exercises, and physical therapy for minimizing the neck pain. However, these home based remedies help in relieving pain along with a speedy recovery:
- Take it easy: If you have a busy and hectic life, then take it easy. Living with cervical disc diseases can lead to an increase in the neck pain; thus cutting down on activities helps. A comfortable position should be observed while resting. If need be then a pillow can be placed under the neck.
- Apply Cold/Heat Pack: There is always a confusion regarding whether a cold or a hot pack is to be used. The recommendation is to use ice or cold pack for the first 24 to 48 hours of the injury, so that the swelling subsides. This should then be followed by hot fermentation in order to improve the muscle stiffness and also loosen them. But in case of a cervical disc disease neither cold nor heat penetrates the tissue to relieve inflammation, so it is best to use the one which feels better. Whichever, pack is chosen it should only be used for 20 minutes and then left for 40 minutes. Take care and do not use ice or heat directly against the skin.
- Stretch: Stretching exercises should be done in order to improve the flexibility and relieve pain in the neck. Exercises can be performed after warming up of the muscles by a warm towel or bath. Here are a few simple stretches for cervical disc disease that you can do at home:
- Move the neck: As per the study by the American Medical Association, women who had neck pain got relief when they did exercises using light weight and resistance bands. This increased their endurance and strength of the neck muscles. Also, 30 minutes of exercise in the form of biking, walking, swimming, and biking is recommended to improve the blood flow.
- Maintain the posture of the neck: A bad posture can cause a neck pain. Every time while standing, sitting, walking, lifting the posture should be kept in mind. The head and neck should be kept straight and the back should be supported in order to avoid neck pains.