Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Sexologists in India. You will find Sexologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Sexologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Priapism is a disorder where the blood flow to the male reproductive organ is severely disrupted, which results in blood being trapped inside it. This will result in a prolonged erection even after sexual arousal has diminished which is not only painful but, may even disrupt your normal life. It's medical emergency. If not relieved priapism well in time, it may lead to gangrene of the organ and amputation may be required!
Arousal and Blood Flow
When a man gets sexually aroused, the body supplies blood to his pelvis and penis. As soon as blood enters in the penis, it enlarges the vessels making the tissues turgid with blood and thus results in an erection. Once sexual arousal has gone down, the blood returns back and ensures that the penis returns to its flaccid state.
Problems with Blood Flow
Priapism occurs when the blood inside the penis is trapped even after sexual arousal has gone down. When blood fills the chambers of the penis known as corpora cavernosa it engorges the tissue. However, even after sexual arousal goes down the blood may remain trapped within keeping the penis erect. These erections may last for hours causing severe pain and even hamper sexual arousal later.
Types of Priapism
There are two types of Priapism which are:
- Low-flow Priapism: This form of priapism has been primarily attributed to sickle-cell anaemia, blood cancer or even malaria. You need to get treatment urgently as regular occurrences of these can cause scarring and even lead to permanent erectile dysfunction.
- High-flow Priapism: This type of priapism is comparatively rare and is less painful. This usually occurs due to an injury to the penis, scrotum or anus. It may hamper normal blood flow to the penis due to the rupture of an artery in the scrotum or the groin area in general. Correcting the underlying injury or the problems can usually quickly correct this form of Priapism.
Some causes of priapism may include:
- Sickle cell anaemia may cause Priapism most of the time
- Side effect of intrapenile injection or Medications to treat other disorders are one of the major causes of this disorder
- Injuries in the genital area or spinal cord
- Sometimes it can be caused by insect bites from specific insects like the scorpion or black widow spider
- Minute poisoning through different gases such as carbon monoxide
- Use of drugs like marijuana and cocaine
There are simple symptoms for the disease like:
- Rigidity in penile shaft
- Tip of the penis remains soft
- Severe pain in the organ
- Penis remains erect for a long time(more than two hours) without any sexual arousal
All the treatments revolve primarily around reducing the erection so as to prevent permanent damage and thus prevent erectile dysfunction. It's medical emergency. Consult doctor immediately. Some treatments, which are used to cure Priapism are:
- Ice packs
- Needle therapy to drain the blood from the penis and reduce the erection
- Sometimes, your doctor might suggest blocking the problematic artery to prevent blood flow causing an erection
- If you have low-flow priapism then the doctor might suggest surgery to drain the blood if all other means and options fail
I have low testosterone level how increase level please say good medicine. I have muscle weakness and I don't have beard so how can I increase testosterone level say exact solution. Plz.
I am 42 actually my penis is very small like a child in normal condition and very loose because of this I often felt shame and hesitation feel when somebody sees but after erection it became around 5-6 inches which is ok but it is be not in proper tension. So kindly request you to please prescribed some treatment / medicine to overcome this problem with this suggest some techniques how I can do enjoyable sex for 10 to 15 min. Please.
My foreskin is very tight and it does not slip behind. Is it necessary for the skin to slip behind for having sec.
Hello Doctor, I had sex with my husband last night, after an hour I washed my private parts and today morning took bath, I did not wash my private part with soap but may slight chances of soap water may touch. Now I feel strichy, watery and with white fluid with unpleasant smell. I am really upset because of this. Please help me. If its not normal tell me the home remedy as soon as possible. Actually am trying for baby. Before 2 days heavy stomach pain with hard stool.
While having sex is condom a precaution or protection How can we have erection more than 1/2 hours sex time.
Dear sir/Mam I have nightfall problem. Monthly 8-10 times happened. I dont see the pornography still this happened, due to this I am physically weak. I tried many things but still this occur, im gently weak due to this, In nov its till 6 times happened, Last 18, 19 Nov. I feel very bad when we wake up morning. Help Sir/Mam.
What is the treatment for prostrate. Remedial steps to prevent prostrate. Food habits to be adopted. Medicine for prostrate.
Hello Dr. I am 22 year old girl. I had sex 6oct. And after it I take unwanted 72. My period should come at 28 oct but it did not come so at 7 nov. I take abortion pills kit (5teb ).and still I do not have any bleeding. My last period came at 28 sep. I have also try pregnancy test bit it is still negative. My period is not come till date. I am very worried. What should I do. Thank you.
Sir, I am a 35 years old Married person and have an intense urge of sex all the time. Due to which I need to masturbate 3 to 4 times daily to calm down me mentally. I don't want to do so. please suggest something to lessen my sexual desire.
My age is 26 year I am male. I have depression problem there was so many problems in my family so it occurred. Due to this I also suffering from psycho-sexual problem I do not want to do sex if I do it I feel tired my mood also get sad all time negative feelings depress me all time I have no concentration power I can not concentrate what I want to do please help me.
Flow of urinating has become slow. In the process the frequeny has been increased. Checked sugar level. Sugar is within the limit. It may be a prostate problem. Is surgery must. If so after surgery noraml life can be performed.
I think my penis is decrease in size, how to I increase this, please answer me coz im mentally sick from this.
Dear sexlogist. Mera wife ko sex mein sirf apni anus ko mera mouth se sucking karne ko bolta hai. Half a hour karo bolti hai woh. Main anus sucking roz karta hun. Hum dono ko acha lagta hai. Iss mein hum dono ko koi infection hoga kya. Agar anus sucking karu toh safe aur secure kaisa anus sucking mouth se kar sakta hain. Help me.
If I intimate with many aids free partners those who are fully attested .then wht are the results m I secure?
Our everyday activities, our daily routine plays an important role in determining our health. Simple lifestyle changes can easily lead to a better sex life. Not only do these changes lead to a better sex life, but also contribute towards the performance and stamina exhibited in bed.
Here are some points on to improve sex life by choosing these simple lifestyle changes:
- Healthy diet: Eating right and eating healthy affects how one performs in bed. A lack of stamina, while sex in many women and men might just be a signal that something is not correct with their health. Eating a diet loaded with fiber, vegetables, fruit, and lean meat lead to a healthy lifestyle. Right amount of carbohydrates and proteins are required and cholesterol and fats should be avoided. These tend to choke the arteries and in turn affect the blood flow down below.
- Regular exercises: Doing exercises regularly tends to pump up the heart, which in turn enhance the blood flow in and around the genitals. Exercising also provides stamina and energy. The most important benefit of exercising is that it enhances the body image thereby leading to a confident person.
- No stress: Stress is unavoidable, but one can make a conscious effort to relieve themselves of the same. If a person is stress it becomes hard to focus on sex and in turn affects the blood flow. Reading a book, taking a break, rest, and a massage are just few ways by which one can get rid of stress.
- Kegel Exercises: This exercise is not just for pregnant women but also for people who want to boost their sex life. In this one has to contract and relax the muscles of the pelvic floor in the similar manner when one stops urine. This exercise strengthens the muscles and controls the orgasm.
- Supplements: Sometimes what we eat is not enough to supply the body with the required nutrients, thus supplements are required to nurture the body with the required nutrients. Supplements are often believed to keep the body healthy. VigRX Plus is a known supplement to improve the sex and stamina.
Who says it is difficult to improve your sex life. With these simple points one can try and follow them to improve the sex life along with increased stamina in bed.