Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AshaYour feedback matters!
Couples use donor sperm (DI) when the husband/partner has no sperm or a very poor semen analysis (azoospermia, oligospermia, poor motility), or when there is a genetic problem which could be inherited from the male. Single women who want a biological child also use DI.
One must be psychologically ready to proceed with DI. Most doctors recommend that any patients considering DI see a counselor who is skilled at clarifying feelings about infertility, and about trying DI. It is essential that both partners feel comfortable with the decision and that all fears and questions be openly discussed. For some, it may mean dealing with various moral and ethical questions; for others, exploring questions about donor selection and whether to be open about the decision to do DI and whether to tell a child conceived by DI how they were conceived.
Success rates vary from 60-80% but achieving pregnancy may take many cycles.
Information about a donor’s physical characteristics, race, ethnic background, educational background, career history, and general health would be available. Many banks provide written profiles about the donors they have available. Some sperm banks are open to providing non-identifiable information about the donor (even photographs) as well as providing a service for adult offspring to obtain information about the donor.
All donors should have tests for certain infections such as syphilis, hepatitis B, cytomegalovirus (CMV), gonorrhea, chlamydia, streptococcal species and trichomonas. All these organisms can be transmitted via semen to woman. Some can have grave effects on the fetus; others principally affect the woman. The donor’s semen should also be checked for the presence of white blood cells which can indicate an infection within the reproductive tract.
Donors are excluded from a donor program if he or his sexual partner have experienced any of the following: a blood transfusion within one year, a history of homosexual activity, multiple sexual partners, a history of IV drug use, or a history of genital herpes.
Before starting DI, a careful medical and reproductive history should be taken on the woman and a rubella titer, blood type, and antibody test for CMV should be done. If the woman tests negative for CMV, only a CMV-negative donor should be used. Some practices want to document normal ovulation patterns and many doctors order a hysterosalpingogram to document that the woman’s fallopian tubes are open.
The DI procedure involves inseminating the woman as close to the time of ovulation as possible
The highest success rates for DI are reported in women who have no infertility problems, are under 35 years old and whose partner/husbands have azoospermia (no sperm). Lower success rates are reported where there is a female factor (ovulation problem, endometriosis, DES, etc.) Or the woman is over 35.
Cancer is one of the most fatal diseases in the world. Stomach cancer is also known as 'Gastric cancer'. Like other diseases, it is crucial that it gets identified in the early stages and gets treated before it reaches the incurable stage. Like other forms of cancer, the exact cause of stomach cancer is still not yet known. However, certain things make stomach cancer more likely to happen.
The possible causes of stomach cancer are given below:
Some of these causes apply to nearly all forms of cancer. However, some of them only apply to stomach cancer.
- Bad diet
- Stomach surgery for an ulcer
- Type-A blood
- Epstein-Barr virus infection
- Exposure to certain materials in certain industries
- Helicobacter pylori bacteria
Some of the symptoms of stomach cancer are:
Stomach cancer like all other forms of cancer has various stages and it is crucial that it is diagnosed in the early stages so that the progression of it is stymied. At first, the symptoms of stomach cancer include indigestion, loss of appetite, slight nausea, heartburn and the feeling of being bloated after a meal.
However, indigestion and heartburn, doesn't always mean that you have stomach cancer, but if these conditions persist, you should visit a doctor to rule out the possibility of stomach cancer.
The growth of the tumor in your stomach can lead to various serious symptoms too, such as:
- Stomach pain
- Blood in your stool
- Weakness or exhaustion
- Diarrhea and constipation
- Weight loss for no apparent reason
- Swelling in your stomach
- Trouble in swallowing
- Eyes and skin turn yellowish
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
Hey. Whenever I do micturition and come back. My vagina smells very bad. Like very bad. Despite that the colour of urine isn't yellow it's diluted enough. What should I do?
My wife's mentrual cycle is disturbed by last two months her period comes after 45 days only instead of 30 days and we want conceive a baby. Please guide me how can we concieve early as possible because I have to dubai after two months for job?
My wife is pregnant from last 5 weeks but unfortunately she takes pregnancy pill without my permission but after taking suggestions from local doctor she get medicine to reduce the effect of that pill eat earlier. Now please tell me she iz living apart from me, I want her to back to home but if she travels with me in train or car her periods may occur or not. If occur then tell me how much time we avoid travel.
Immunity –Bal(बल) and Ayurveda
In different stages of the life it is important that we maintain a healthy one, the specific system has been developed in form of सहजबल, कालबल, और युक्तिकृतबल with the help of which you get Strength (बल-Bal) throughout the life. System of this procedure of medicines is known as संस्कार.
What is Sanskar(संस्कार)?
“संस्कारो हि गुणान्तराधानं”
संस्कार is the procedure of Adulteration of quality of life or enhancing the good things.
Shuvarnprashan - A powerful Child Immunization Procedure
सुवर्णप्राशनं ह्येतनमेधाग्निबलवर्धनम् | आयुष्यम मङ्गलं पुण्यं वृष्यम वर्णयं ग्रहापहम ||
मसात परममेधावी व्याधिर्भिन च धृष्यते | षड़भिर्मासै: श्रुतधर: सुवर्णप्राशनाद्भवेत || का.सं.सू.
If you are looking for an effective Ayurvedic way, which helps in boosting your child’s immunity and health, you should opt for सुवर्णप्राशन. Shuvarnprashan, used over thousands of years, is completely natural as it is prepared from Gold (सूवर्ण), Medicated Gow Ghrita (औषधीय घृत) and Honey (मधु), which goes through proper processing according to completely safe classic Ayurvedic Method. It’s a licking foam preparation (लेह/लिढ प्रकार औषधी). It is ideal method for building the overall health and intelligence of your child.
The specific benefits ascribed to Shuvarnprashan are as follows
- Medha Agni Bala Vardhanam (improvement of intellect, digestion, metabolism, immunity, and physical strength)
- Ayushyam (promoting lifespan)
- Mangalam (auspicious)
- Punyam (righteous)
- Vrushyam (aphrodisiac)
- Varnyam (enhancement of color and complexion)
- Grahapaham (protection from evil spirits and microorganisms)
How Shuvarnprashan works?
The three components of Shuvarnprashan work together towards enhancing the immunity and as each of them individually works on the betterment of immunity.
- It is an immuno-modulator (i.e. it reconstructs the immune system)
- Provides bal to the body
- Enhances life potency
- Enriches the texture of the skin
- Pharmacological studies showed specific and nonspecific immune responses, which were modified in a positive manner in Swarna Bhasma treated. It also had a stimulatory effect on peritoneal macrophages, which may be helpful to fight against infections.
- Note: It is evidently mentioned in the texts of Ayurveda that any form of gold should be used internally only after proper purification failing to do, which may result in complications that may be even life-threatening.The type of gold to be used, mode of administration of different forms, theirs benefits and therapeutic indications are also clearly explained
- Cow Ghrit or Ghee
- Research indicates that phenolic antioxidants present in the ghee help in boosting the immune system
- It is rich in vitamin A & E, which help fight free radicals and promote good health
- CLA ( conjugated linolenic acid) in ghee lowers the level of bad cholesterol (low-density lipoprotein) and triglycerides in the body.
- Ghee also improves our vision by helping our bodies properly digest fat-soluble vitamins such as Vitamin A.
- It detoxifies the body by dissolving the toxins, which are then excreted out of the body through intestine.
- Butyric acid, is the most important element in ghee, which has also been linked to the stimulation of T-cell production, which are the heavy hitting cells of the immune system.
- The use of cow ghee can help supercharge your immune system.
- Dose shaman of Vata(वात) and Pitta(पित्त) Vikar (It balances the Vata and Pita dosha)
- Rasa, Shukra and Oja Vardhank ( Appharodiatic in nature and Improve Immunity)
- Sanskarasya Anuvartanam (Gives a boost to the potency of the medication)
- Twachya (Enhances the complexion of the skin)
- Dhee, Dhruti, Smruti, Medha vardhak ( Enhances the intellectual power of the brain)
- Agni Vardhak(Amplifies the digestive fire)
- Honey contains a protein made by bees called defensin-1, which is the most active germ killing ingredient in honey.
- It makes the penetration of other medicines easy.
- Easily palatable for children
- Contains high level of nutrients and glucose
- Chakshusya(चक्षुष्य) (Improves eyesight)
- Vishahara(वृष्य) (Aphrodisiac in nature)
- Rakta, Pittahara (रक्त & पित्तहर) ( Takes care of blood and pitta imbalance)
In a pharmaco-clinical study conducted on neonates Madhu-Ghrita-Swarna-Vacha Combination shows a significant effect on humoral antibody formation and it acted on immunological system, which was evident by triggering the response of immunological system by a rise in the total proteins and serum IgG levels.
- The problems like bed wetting and indigestion are decreased
- Reduced recurrency of frequent cough and cold. Reduced hospital visits
- Hyperactive children become calm and it enhances concentration
- Childrens are taking interest in study and sports
- Shuvarnprashan increases immunity power in disorders like epileptic convulsion, allergy, Hepatitis-B
- Improves speech
Things to note
- Shuvarnprashan can be given to your child from childbirth till the age of 12 years.
- Ideally, it should be given early in the morning on an empty stomach. Feed your child 30 minutes after giving Shuvarnprashan.
- The specific benefits of Swarnaprashana according to the duration of administration have been mentioned such as:
- If administered for 1 month, the baby will become Parama Medhavi (highly intelligent) and Vyadhibhir Na Cha Drusyate (will not be affected by any disease)
- If administered for 6 months, the baby will become Srutadhara (will be able to remember the things, which are just heard).
- You can follow a dosage for a period of 30 days. You may extend this till 180 days. Afterwards follow up on every pushyanaxatra(पुष्यनक्षत्र).
- Your child should face the east side when taking this medicine. Shuvarnprashan is also known by other names such as Swarna amruta prashana, Swarna bindu prashana, Suvarna prashan, Swarna prashana and Swarnaprashan.
However, in conditions such as acute fever, swarnprashan can increase your body temperature. It is contraindicative in condition such as diarrhea, vomiting. Hence, it is important to consult an experienced and well-known Ayurveda practitioner before starting this Ayurveda process
Hey I am 19 year old actually first time I taken I pill to avoid pregnancy is there any problem or any serious issues regarding my body.
My wife is having dry hymen. Tried sex many times, but couldn't break into her hole. She is experiencing a lot of pain. What should I do?
I am 35 year, period is irregular due to polycystic ovaries. I have one son and planning for another, please suggest how to get pregnancy. Visited many gynaecologist but of no use. And help suggest me to reduce my weight.
Polycystic ovary disease or PCOD is a kind of hormonal disorder in which a woman produces a surplus of male hormones like testosterone.
High levels of male hormones produce symptoms like irregular ovulation or no ovulation at all. In simple words, women with PCOD or PCOS don’t release a mature egg from their ovaries every month resulting in infertility. PCOD affects one in 10 women worldwide.
Women suffering from PCOD suffer from symptoms like heavy vaginal bleeding. This is because, as they don’t ovulate and produce the hormone Progesterone like normal women do and have normal periods, the lining of their uteri becomes thick leading to heavy bleeding and sometimes uterine cancer.
The other common symptoms of PCOS are:
- Weight gain
- Oily skin
- Heart problems
- Irregular periods
- Mood swings and depression
There is a propensity for developing diabetes as well in PCOS affected, as a number of women with PCOD are resistant to the action of the hormone insulin used for sugar metabolism. This means that it takes larger than normal amounts of insulin to maintain normal blood sugar levels. Though fairly common, PCOD has no surefire cure in mainstream allopathic medicine but Ayurveda can help alleviate PCOD symptoms in a big way.
PCOD - How Ayurveda Can Help?
- In Ayurveda, PCOD is caused due to an imbalance of any of the two doshas - Pitta (Fire) and Kapha (Water). Aggravated Pitta causes contamination of the dhatus or tissues like blood and plasma. This causes a buildup of toxins or ama in the body.
- In PCOS patients, these toxins get accumulated in the channels of the mind, leading to an imbalance of hormones secreted by the pituitary gland. This results in an imbalance of female hormones and causes the formation of ovarian cysts which is nothing but a collection of fluids within the ovary, anovulatory periods or periods with no ovulation etc.
Ayurvedic herbal remedies for PCOD
Ayurveda works on these problems:
-Correcting hormonal imbalance
- Reducing high cholesterol levels
-Treatment for insulin resistance
Herbs like Ashoka (saraca asoca), Dashamoola are amongst a group of herbs which are used to prepare Sukumara Kashaya like Ashwagandha, Eranda, Shatavari etc for correcting hormonal imbalance.
Other drugs for curing PCOS are-
1. Shatavari or Asparagus racemosus
This helps mainly in promoting normal development of ovarian follicles. It also regulates periods and aids in revitalizing the female reproductive system. Shatavari also helps in controlling high levels of insulin due to PCOS, due to its phytoestrogen or natural plant based estrogen levels.
Guduchi is a powerful anti- inflammatory herb. We know that chronic inflammation in body tissues is the root cause for insulin imbalance and ovarian cysts in women. This herb helps in revitalizing body tissues and lowering insulin resistance.
3. Shatapushpa or fennel
Fennel seeds are used as a supplement as the phytoestrogens in them bring down inflammation and control insulin resistance.
Triphala is rich in vitamin C- a powerful natural antioxidant that helps in reducing inflammation by reducing free radicals. Hence this remedy is excellent for cleansing and detoxifying systems and is therefore best taken prior to taking any other Ayurvedic medicines to improve outcome.
5. Aloe Vera- Kumari (Aloe barbadensis)
Aloe Vera is yet another Ayurvedic herb that is extremely beneficial in treating PCOS as it helps in regularizing menstrual cycles and promote normal menstruation. It also normalizes hormonal imbalance. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.