Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. AshaYour feedback matters!
Am having a baby of 4 months. In the 2nd month I got period but it's not happening now. Am 90 kg so what should I do now.
I am divorced, no one ready to marry with me because of child, I can't without child. For supressing sexual desires what should I do?
I gave contraceptive pill to my girl friend last month and her periods started 2 days before her date. This month her date was 22 dec. And we had sex on 18 dec with any precaution she skipped her periods on 22 and we checked through prega kit after 4 days of her date test was negative thn we checked it again on 6 day and the test was negative like previous one. It's been 8 days she skipped periods and today she realized that it's just a spotting not proper periods is what should I do. Is there any possibilities of getting pregnant?
So my girlfriend has umbilical sepsis and the doctor is requiring intensive surgery but she doesn't want to get surgery and always cancels the surgeons appointments is there any way I can give my consent and for her to be put under forced anesthesia because I don't know what to do.
My age 20 , my periods date on 18th of this month but one family event is there on 20th of this month so that's y I want to postpone my periods. Is there any medicine, tablets,syrup ? My questions. 1) how to use? 2) is there any side effects in future by using that tablets 3) how many tables I should use per one day 4) one tablet how many days will work ? Pls explain in detail regarding my questions Thanks in advance. Pls help me.
My Age 24 years .since too much stress I had not get period since 2 months. please suggest me any medicine so I get period early. And also some home remedies.
You know sperm and Precum are different. I cum my sperm outside. But I think 2 or 1 drop of my precum went inside her. Precum mean that simple water. Is there any risk of pregnancy. If risk please help.
What can I do to ease my digestive issues during pregnancy?
What happens when you carry a baby in your womb that weighs a couple of kilos? well, it presses upon your digestive tract and makes digestion an issue for you. However, the baby’s weight is not the only factor that matters here. The massive amount of hormonal changes that your body undergoes also adds greatly to the issue.
Digestive problems are not grave during pregnancy. Instead, they are fairly common everywhere. There are many simple steps that can aid you in easing your digestive process when you are pregnant.
1. Sit up straight:
Since the bulging baby is putting on immense weight on your stomach, you need to sit up straight when eating in order to ease the pressure. Moreover, avoid lying down for at least an hour after having your meal.
2. Wind up the meal size:
Along with winding up the meal size, make sure that you increase its frequency, or else your baby will have to starve.
Instead of having three large meals in a day, try dividing them down to five small meals in 24 hours. Small and frequent meals will keep you from bloating and prevent indigestion issues.
Although pregnancy calls for no vigorous activity, it also does not require becoming stationary all at once. When pregnant, you need to carry out 30 minutes of light workout daily, such as walking or riding a stationary cycle. Exercise stimulates adrenaline that in turn promotes bowel movements for a better digestion.
4. Limit caffeine intake:
Caffeine is not going to help with your digestive issues, especially if you are carrying a life in your womb. Hence, try to avoid it, particularly during the night hours.
Ask your doctor to prescribe you some antacids that you can consume on a daily basis. Antacids help a lot with indigestion issues.
6. Don’t bend over your waist:
When pregnant, your waist is the part of your body that is suffering the most pressure. Hence, you would want to bother that part of your body at the least. Avoid bending over your waist. If required, do it at your knees.
7. Eat healthy:
Stuffing your stomach with unnecessary carbohydrates will only make it worse for you. Hence, for a healthy baby as well as a healthy digestive system, resort more to healthy foods such as fruits and vegetables. Fibre in your diet will help you mobilize your gut for an easy digestion.
I am 29 years old got married in last december me and my husband expecting a baby our sex life is good we have done sex without precautions but still I haven't conceive. Instead of conceiving baby I get my periods one or two days early can you please help me out? I want baby as soon as possible. My height is 5'2 and weight is 65. Kgs.
I am 61 and my wife is 52 She has no periods since last two years Last night we had sex without condom. Any problem or shall she take any pills etc.
I am 27 years old female. I got my Periods on 7th Jan 2017. Was suffering from urine infection. Started taking medicines for it. Now that problem is solved but I dint get my periods this month. On 6th Feb I gave a urine test also for urine infection thing. But nothing came. Reports are normal. I have slight PCOS issue also. So, what should I do now to get my periods.
I am 24 years old male, yesterday I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend and we were a bit rough in that. Now I am experiencing severe abdominal pain. The pain lasts for sometimes and it disappears and again it starts paining. May I know the reason for that. Am I suffering from STD's. please help.
-smooth, red patches of skin that look raw.
-patches only develop where skin touches skin, such as the armpits, around the groin, genitals, and buttocks.
-women can develop a red, raw patch under their breasts.
-skin feels very sore where inverse psoriasis appears.
6 Reasons Pre-marital Counselling is Crucial for Indian Couples
A study published in the Journal of Family Psychology reveals that couples who opt for pre-marital counselling experience higher levels of conjugal satisfaction than couples who don’t go for it. Moreover, these couples, experience a 30% drop in the possibility of divorce over a 5-year period.
Pre-marital counselling is a wise choice as it can help you and your partner to better understand the dynamics of your relationship and build the foundation of a happy future together.
A pre-marital counselling helps you with the following factors-
- Hygiene: Apart from stressing on the importance of personal health and hygiene, you would also hear a gynaecologist, emphasizing on the significance of sexual hygiene for a problem-free married life. While preventing infections that may affect your reproductive system, maintaining sexual hygiene can also significantly elevate the overall hygiene levels of your entire body.
- Sex: Pre-marital sex counselling is essential as it helps to fill in the gaps in your knowledge of sex. During your consultation with a gynaecologist, you can expect to receive information about the male and female anatomy as well as about the actual act. Even thoughts like “sex can be painful” get addressed during the counselling.
- Contraceptives: Counselling sessions with a gynaecologist can also help you in getting your facts right about pregnancy. He or she could guide you on how to work out safe and unsafe days to have sex; talk to you about contraceptive methods; and best family planning practices.
- Folic acid for pregnancy: During a counselling session, you can expect to be encouraged by a gynaecologist to have Vitamin B (folic acid) before and during your pregnancy to avert birth defects in the brain and spinal cord of your potential offspring.
- Vaccines: Opting for a counselling session before marriage can help you to learn about vaccines that will protect you against cervical cancer (cancer of the cervix caused mainly by HPV- a virus) and rubella (a disease caused by the rubella virus, which can cause miscarriage, birth defects and stillbirth).
- Medical investigations: You should also expect investigations based on the following tests-
- Complete blood count test: The aim of this test is to assess your overall health and identify a range of disorders such as anaemia, leukaemia, and infection to name a few.
- Fasting/blood sugar test: The test is performed to diagnose diabetes. A fasting blood glucose level of less than 100mg/dl is considered normal.
- Thyroid stimulating hormone test: This test is taken to check for problems in the thyroid gland.
- Rubella test: It is used to identify antibodies that are formed in the blood, as a result of immunisation or the rubella infection.
- HPLC (high performance liquid chromatography): The test is performed to determine Thalassemia.
- Urine microscopy: The test helps in determining the condition of your urinary tract and kidney. It identifies injury, presence of disease or inflammation of these areas. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.