Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Arun

Rheumatologist, Bangalore

200 at clinic
Dr. Arun Rheumatologist, Bangalore
200 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I pride myself in attending local and statewide seminars to stay current with the latest techniques, and treatment planning....more
I pride myself in attending local and statewide seminars to stay current with the latest techniques, and treatment planning.
More about Dr. Arun
Dr. Arun is a renowned Rheumatologist in Hesaraghatta, Bangalore. You can visit him at Sapthagiri Super Speciality Hospital in Hesaraghatta, Bangalore. You can book an instant appointment online with Dr. Arun on

Find numerous Rheumatologists in India from the comfort of your home on You will find Rheumatologists with more than 33 years of experience on You can find Rheumatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Sapthagiri Super Speciality Hospital

#15, Hesaraghatta Main Road, Near-Bonemill Bus Stop, Chikkalasandra, Bangalore, Karnataka 560073Bangalore Get Directions
200 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Arun

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

I am 42 Yrs old female. I met with an accident in March 16 and got ligament injury on my right foot (just below right knee). Right now I am not taking any medicine for that. But Pain is still there. I am not even able to fold my right leg 100%. As I am working, I can't even take leaves. Pl. Advise how much time it will take to recover completely. Should I take some medicine or do some exercises to recover early? Kindly reply asap.

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Mohali
Hello miss, you tell me you have an accident and after that you have pain. It shows that fracture or starches mussels. So first clear it by taking x-rays of leg then you take better advice. But still now you take ambah haldi powder 1 tea spoon at night with milk. And take heat on legs where you feel pain.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 33 years old person and I have very heavy back and left knee pain from last 2 year.What can i do?

MBBS, MS - Orthopaedics
Orthopedist, Delhi
Sleep on a hard bed with soft bedding on it. SPRING BEDS, FOLDING BEDS OR THICK MATRESS ARE HARMFUL Use no pillow under the head. DO HOT FOMANTATION. Paracetamol 250mg OD & SOS x 5days. Caldikind plus 1tab OD x10. Do neck, back & general exercises. It may have to be further investigated. You will need other supportive medicines also. Make sure you are not allergic to any of the medicines you are going to take. If it does not give relief in 4-5days, contact me again.. Do not ignore .It could be beginning of a serious problem.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from knee pain for last two years dunno wats the reason and I am 27 years old.

Physiotherapist, Noida
Core strengthening exercise- straight leg raised with toes turned outward, repeat 10 times, twice a day. Hams stretching- lie straight, take the leg up, pull the feet towards yourself, with a elastic tube or normal belt. Repeat 10 times, twice a day. Quadriceps exercises- lie straight, make a towel role and put it under the knee, press the keen against the role, hold it for 20 secs. Repeat 20 times twice a day. This will help relieve some pain.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My father is suffering with knee pain for past 1 year. His pains are very high. We are thinking about knee replacement operation. Tell me is this the only solution and what is the best knee replacement operation?

BHMS, MD - Homeopathy
Homeopath, Delhi
Hi, we need to see the extent of osteo arthritis before recommending for a knee replacement surgery. Consult atleast 2 orthopaeds to confirm surgery. All the best.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Dear Sir. I am 33 yrs old. My weight is 115 kg.Having medication of hypertension and thyroid. My cholesterol is also high. From Last few days facing . Problem in my knees. After some walking. There was pain in knee. If i sit continous 2 hour. Then face some difficulty to stand straight.

Dip. SICOT (Belgium), MNAMS, DNB (Orthopedics), MBBS
Orthopedist, Delhi
Hi I am Dr Akshay from Fortis Hospital, New Delhi. It seems that your knees are under a lot of stress due to high weight but you can start doing exercises - Quadriceps & Hamstring strengthening exercises for your affected knee. Also start walking for about 2-3 km everyday ( Brisk walks) and get your vitamin D and calcium metabolism correct. Do not hesitate to contact me in case of further queries. Thanks & Regards Dr Akshay Kumar Saxena
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from arthritis, and I won't walk, also a lots of problems too. What can I do?

Ayurveda, Bangalore
Hi, Take tab. Shallaki 400 mg 1-2 tabs 3 times a day depending on the severity of the pain. Take Balarista 2tsf 3 times a day, mixed with equal quantity of water and Maharasnadi Khadha 2 tsf 3 times a day, mixed with equal quantity of water. Apply Rumalaya liniment to the affected joints and massage in circular motion for 10-15 mins and then take hot water fomentation. Avoid potatoes, sweet potatoes, sweet pumpkin, peas, channa, recently harvested rice, jackfruit, etc. Which aggrevate the pain. You can even undergo physio- therapy for 10-15 days.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 24 years old female and having pain in knee and ankle joints frequently. I've consulted many doctors and conducted many tests but all the results come out to be normal. What should I do?

MPT - Orthopedic Physiotherapy, BPTh/BPT
Physiotherapist, Noida
Do exercise of knee and ankle muscles are week quadriceps exercise and dorsi and planter flexon, rotation of ankle exercise.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 57 years old female and I have been suffering from rheumatoid arthritis for the past fifteen years. I have taken several drugs but in vain. Finally I was asked to go knee replacement surgery. That I don't want to do. Will you please advise me to take this instaflex p tab. If it be how long I will have to take this. Your early reply will help me a lot. Thanks & regards.

MBBS, MS - Orthopaedics
Orthopedist, Delhi
Rheumatoid arthritis is a self limiting disease. (tkr) total knee replacement is a good procedure for oa/ra knee. When done in properly selected patient, it gives uniformly good results. In our series we have over 95% satisfied patients. Pain disappears & patients are able to resume activities of daily living (adl) in 2-3 wks. It should be done before the patient becomes bed ridden. No use of doing operation, when patient is not able to take benefit of surgery. Kindly show me x-rays & other reports so that a final decision is taken.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I fallen from stairs and my knee was injured. Ligament was teared I still feel some pain.

Physiotherapist, Vellore
Hello sir, Depend on severity of ligament tear pain is reduced. So need detail examination and history. Consult your physiotherapist. Apply ice fermentation every 2 hrs once. Complete rest. Knee brace with elevate leg. Avoid full weight bearing on injured leg. Avoid floor sitting.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am lady aged 47 years, suffering from rheumatoid arthritis for the last 10 years. Taking medicines as prescribed by my doctor. The medicines are alfa calanm, naproxen tablets ip 500 once daily (when pain and swelling). This I am taking after completing medicine course of hcqs. I am still having pain and swelling on my finger joints. Please suggest some remedy ?

MD - Medicine
Rheumatologist, Gurgaon
l if you are a known case of rheumatoid arthritis these are not the medications you should be on. Naprosyn on long term is not good nor would it help control the disease. You need the medications for rheumatoid to control the disease do let me know your location so I can guide you to a rheumatologist regards
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I was playing football and got hurt. My knee is paining for 3 days. The pain is not much but it just does not goes. What should I do?

Homeopath, Faridabad
Hello, take Arnica 200, 5 drops twice daily. Five phos 6x , 5 tabs twice daily. Revert after 7 days.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

She has pain in her knees. She felt very tired after walking a little distance. What should I do for her so that she could feel better?

M. sc Psychology, BHMS
Homeopath, Hyderabad
Mr. Lybrate user, for her knee pains, first we should know the cause, nature of origin. Is it sudden or gradual? if its sudden, then the diagnosis & t/t will be different. In the same way, if its gradual process, then we could assess it as r. Arthritis. In such cases, by the t/t she can get improvemnet gradually& more over, further expansion can be controlled. Frequent usage of pain killers will effect the body/gastro intestinal system in another way. So, try to take suugested prescription& follow the proper system of medicine. *for her weakness, once its better to get her checkup for blood sugar[fasting]& thyroid harmones levels. Try to suggest her to take rest, take proper nutritious food intake.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Runner's Knee or Patellofemoral Syndrome (PFS)

FRHS, Ph.D Neuro , MPT - Neurology Physiotherapy, D.Sp.Med, DPHM (Health Management ), BPTh/BPT
Physiotherapist, Chennai
Runner's Knee or Patellofemoral Syndrome  (PFS)

Runner's knee or patellofemoral syndrome (pfs) is something many fitness enthusiasts encounter after running for a year or for several months. It is considered as a common phenomenon among regular joggers expecially who run on tough or uneven surfaces. To overcome this uneasiness few simple things can be practised, they are 

1. Strengthening on hip and knee muscles like push ups crunches would make hips active and gives the required shape. And in case of hiatus from running, trying with hands at things like weight lifting is recommended.

2. Doing quadriceps exercise like quad stretch kneeling quad stretch for 30 seconds makes the joints strong.

3. Stretching calf muscles is an effective method to heal the knee pain of runners and best way is doing a calf stretch against the wall.

4. Getting a new pair of shoes is the essential thing for a runner apart from posture. And it is recommended to replace it every 500 miles or six months to have flawless jogging session

3 people found this helpful

I am diabetic suffering from jointpains, coccyx (tail bone) &lower back pain I have problems when climb upstairs also gettingup from the floor: age 39 year & weight 85 kg 5' 9 height. And too much gastric problem.

Diploma in Acupuncture, Pranic Healing, MD - Acupuncture
Acupuncturist, Bangalore
Please ask somebody to massage your spinal column from neck down up to sacral bone using both hands ie both thumbs on one side other fingers on other side do only from neck and not from sacral to the neck. Yo can also use a wooden roller purchased from a acupressure items shop. Split your food to 5 times a day instead of 3 times in small portions. Chew for a longer time before swallowing. Go for a regular walk morning and evening. Consult me after 10 days
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

hello doctors! I'm 25 years old. Unmarried and working lady. I've been suffering from a number of problems, some from my adolescence which are still there and have become chronic and some have developed recently. I have many health issues at the same time, below is the list:- 1- i'm exhausted all the time, I feel lethargic and slouchy. 2- few years back I used to have extreme pelvic pain; I couldn't stand the pain and my Dr. Gave me injections of voveran. Now from the last year my periods are not regular, I just menstruate for one day. 3- i'm constantly putting on weight, especially around my belly. I exercise but it doesn't help. 4- when I was 13 years old my knees used to knuckle/crack a lot. This condition remained for 8-9 years. Now it doesn't happen but i've severe pain in my knees and ankles; i'm not able to climb stairs, I can't do cycling I can't walk fast, cannot jump/jog, in short I feel like a 60 years old lady. 5- also I pent when I climb stairs or walk fast. My folks say that i'm a lazy girl and not at all attentive. 6- i'm absent minded, so much forgetful. I misplace things most of the time. One doctor said i've dementia or alzheimer's. I'm shocked. 7- I look pale and have many skin problems, like breakouts, scars, black head white heads, patchy skin. Did consult doctors. But nothing did really help. Blood test already done, there's no blood infection. 8- i've consulted a gynaecologist too for my periods and skin issues, conducted some tests which were normal. I feared of pcos but luckily it was not that but there was some watery discharge from my left breast. 9- i'm short sighted too and my number is -8. Severe headache is common. 10 - in 2013 I was down with typhoid. My haemoglobin was 7.8 at that time and I took iron tabs (dexorange) for three months. 11- four five years back I had a bone marrow test which indicated my bones were weak. In later years I consulted an specialist he said I hv arthritis, I didn't continue the medicines. 12- my tongue has unusual black spots. My metabolism isn't good. Constipation is not a regular problem. 13- recently i'm realising that my body's tiny hair including my face is growing dark. I fear of hormonal problem. 14- from last one month i've chronic bony pain especially in my hands, feet and legs. My finger joints are paining like anything, I can't keep my feet on the floor, it hurts badly. I'm not able to sleep due to unbearable pain. In fact I can't explain my condition. Every part of my body pains, I feel sick, very very sick. Please help, what should I do, i'm stressed out, not even able to work properly in my office. Where to start? who's the right doctor? please help out.

Dip. SICOT (Belgium), MNAMS, DNB (Orthopedics), MBBS
Orthopedist, Delhi
Hi thanks for your query and welcome to lybrate. I am Dr. Akshay from fortis hospital, new delhi. It appears that you have multiple problems, from an orthopaedic point of view I will require certain tests to be done empty stomach, once we have the results I can let you know certain things: cbc, esr, crp, serum electrolytes, kft, lft, thyroid profile, serum vitamin d levels, ra factor, anti ccp antibodies, ana, hla b 27 these tests should guide us to why you have bone pains, maybe fatigue and tiredness. Also you should consult a general physician and a gynaecologist as well and if required get your hormonal workup done as well. Do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further assistance.
156 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 27 year old and I have weakness, constant fatigue, hair loss, weak memory, low confidence, insomniac, depression, erection problem, easily get cold.

MBBS, MD - Internal Medicine
Internal Medicine Specialist, Faridabad
Take tab. sinarest it contains ( Acetaminophen+ Pseudoephedrine+ chlorpheniramine). Acetaminophen, chlorpheniramine, and pseudoephedrine is a combination medicine for throat infection and treat headache, fever, body aches, runny or stuffy nose, sneezing, itching, watery eyes, and sinus congestion caused by allergies, the common cold, or the flu. Do gargle with warm water thrice a day. Drink warm water also. Take plenty of water, liquid diet, dalia, green veg., orange. avoid cold things, avoid cold drinks. Avoid Oily foods. If symptoms are from more days or again persist then do few tests for confirm causes of it.. i.e. CBC. welcome in lybrate.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 28 years old, from past 6 months I am pain in knees it's like leg cramp. It will be only in night and early morning when I wake up. Consulted doctor but first suggested to do blood test for vitamin d3 as Igot less than 6, currently evion lc and jointace c2 tablet taking for another one month Is t curable after one month and can I know the reason for this pain? Thanks.

Homeopath, Lucknow
Hi, cramp like pain is caused by exercise. But if you are suffring from pain with swelling and tenderness it may be another cause like (trauma, o. A, bursitis and of course vit d deficiency also caused knee pain. Becz it is a crucial nutrient for strong bone, and it help to regulate the immune system. So there are some way to maintain your vit d in balance. 1- stand in the morning sun light atleast 10-15 min. 2- take fish (good source of vit d). 3- take fortified food like cereals, milk, cheese, and soya product. 4- and last take proper medication.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

What is the medicine of knee pain sir tell me medicine of people pain please tell me sir .

Physiotherapist, Latur
u need to do knee exercises like heel slides, hamstring and quadraceps stretch, static and dynamic quads. hot pack for knee
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed