Knee pain. I am trying to lose my weight and now I reduced 10 kg. Still knee is paining v.much. No strength to climb the stairs.
Hi I am suffering from left knee pain from so many months took medication took x ray was fine. But still it didn't go away and since few days it's paining a lot. please help. Unable to sleep. When I walk I can hear a pop sounds.
Hi, i'm having snapping hip, knee, scapula syndrome, specifically in all the three major joints. Please recommend me any proper diet/ precaution to make back in my healthy life? *can I do indian push ups while having a snapping scapula syndrome*?
Hi, can we wear a knee cap/support while walking/running? Does it affect anything in the knee while walking if we wear one?
My knee cap was dislocated 2 months n 20 days back. And my mri was done after 20 days of injury and it says dat I have partial ligament tear, grade 1 meniscus tear and moderate knee joint effusion. Cam you please tell how long these things take to completely recover.
Can ayurveda help me cure insomnia which I have been experiencing for past 4 months regularly and infrequently for many years?
I have been suffering from muscle stiffness and knee joint pains for last 3 years and the doctors said it is because of deficiency of vitamin d, also it takes time to go in gears after rising from the bed especially feeling lazy but once I am on my toes no problems. I am taking vitamin d tablets once in a week for the last 2 and half years, but no improvement. Can you please suggest me any remedy to eradicate this from the root with no side effects of the treatment. Also I am taking vitamin a, c.
I have a problem of osteoarthritis and knee problem. Should I opt for knee replacement. Will I do normal work after operation .how long it will work after operation. Can I turn my leg more than 160 degree.
Knee pain is a common phenomenon that plagues most of the people irrespective of their age. It can be the outcome of a torn cartilage or a ruptured ligament. Medical complications, such as infections, gout or arthritis (painful inflammation and stiffness of the joints) can also give way to knee pain. Minor knee pain can be eased by self-care remedies such as physical therapy or by putting on knee braces. However, few complications might demand surgical repair. Pain can be managed by the pain management specialists.
Tips to manage knee pain
1. Medications such as naproxen, ibuprofen and acetaminophen can be administered to help remedy knee pain.
2. You can seek relief by massaging your knees with ointments constituting of a number of agents such as capsaicin or lidocaine.
3. Keep away from your usual chores to prevent repetitive strains on the knees, thus, allowing the injury to heal as well as to stay safe from further damage.
4. Applying an ice pack in a towel can ease the inflammation and pain. But do not extend its usage for more than 20 minutes because that might harm the skin and nerves.
5. Compression bandages can inhibit fluid accumulation in the damaged tissues aiding knee alignment stability. Ensure that it is tight enough to render support to your knees without actually obstructing blood circulation.
6. To pacify the swelling, try resting your sore leg on a pillow (the idea here is to keep the affected leg elevated to reduce further pain).
7. Shed off your extra pounds as being overweight increases chances of other disorders such as osteoarthritis.
8. Go for regular work outs to enhance and maintain the flexibility of your muscles as excessively weak or abnormally tight muscles can contribute to injuries. Be smart while choosing your method of exercise based on the condition you are suffering from.
Hello sir, I am 22 years old and my problem is I get pain on the medial side of my right knee after driving a car for a while. It will be difficult fir me to walk with pain after driving for sometime. How can I reduce that pain and I don't have knee pain normally either. Kindly help me out of my problem sir. Thank u.
Hey. My had a pettelar dislocation on 21st sep 2016 and my mri was done on 11 oct 2016 nd it said that I had a partial LCL ligament tear and meniscus grade 1 tear and moderate knee joint effusion. I am able to bend my leg but not completely .i am able to walk with a knee supporter but I am unable to walk properly. I walk like old aged people .i am doing cycling to restore my quadriceps strength. Can you tell me is my walking prblm is due to weak quadriceps or sumthn else .nd can you please tell my how much n for how long should I cycle in a day .and please suggest some more exercises if required. thanks so much.
In my knee pain and sound from knee when I drive cycle then pain when I fold my leg then sound comes from knee.
When I run regularly for preparation of army. Then there is some pain in my knee and under knee parts. When I stop running frw day it stops.
My age is 25 now. And I don't have previous knee injuries. And in Jan 2016 my weight is 49 and now it is 56. I have left knee pain since 2 weeks. Kindly tel me what is the cause for my knee pain n suggest the medication. Do vajrasana helps relieving knee pain.
Hi, this is haritha. My friend is suffering with severe knee pain, she has fallen down from bike one and half year back, when she has fallen the right leg twisted at knee there is no swelling seen outside. I want to know y there is pain still?
I am suffering from knocked knees, please suggest me some suggestions to correct it without surgery, I am following two things to correct it 1. Keeping pillow between legs and 2. Running and walking around 8 km a day. Will this methods will help me? Please reply as soon as possible thank you.
Arthritis is defined as a disease that causes painful inflammation and stiffness in joints. There are some food items, which you should avoid if you are suffering from arthritis since they can worsen your condition and lead to inflammation and joint pain. Stick to a smart, nutritious diet that doesn't make you gain weight.
The following food items should be struck off your daily meals:
- Red Meat: Red meat has high levels of saturated fat. Patients of arthritis must avoid consuming foods containing saturated fat because they contribute to obesity. They also contain Omega-6 fatty acids, which lead to inflammation if the intake is high. Red meat contributes to higher overall fat and calorie intake.
- Sugar and Refined Flour: Sugar and refined flour may cause an upsurge in blood sugar levels. When there is a spike in your blood sugar levels, the body produces a pro-inflammatory chemical called cytokines to break down the carbohydrates. This results in inflammation, worsening your arthritis symptoms. They also increase your weight, putting more and more pressure on the joints.
- Fried Foods: Eliminating fried foods from your diet helps in reducing the levels of inflammation. Fried foods increase oxidation in the body's cells due to toxins called advanced glycation endproducts or age. They are high in fat and lead to obesity. Moreover, most restaurants use hydrogenated oils which are rich in trans fats. Trans fats are even more harmful than saturated fats when it comes to inflammation, chronic heart diseases and other health problems.
- Alcohol and tobacco: High intake of alcohol causes a surge in the body levels of CRP or C - reactive protein which is a powerful agent of inflammation. The risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis is higher among smokers.
- Processed Foods: Foods that are ready to eat and require minimal cooking contain several ingredients that cause inflammation. They are loaded with saturated fats, refined flour and sugar and are extremely unhealthy and worsen arthritic pain.
- Corn Oil: Many foods, especially baked foods, are cooked in corn oil or other oils which are rich in omega 6 fatty acids and trigger inflammation. Corn oil can be replaced with olive oil that is rich in omega 3 fatty acids which is anti-inflammatory.