Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Arun K NYour feedback matters!
Kindly suggest a solution for uncontrollable urination. Sometimes he face problems like wet bed and difficult to hold urine in winters and rainy seasons. Is it any severe problem. He is in his teens only. There is no other disease or medication right now. Please do advice any medicines for it.
I'm suffering from continuous sensation of urine and it makes me very uneasy and lethargic. This started when I last had sex with my partner and it has been 4 days since It hasn't stopped. The sensation reduces for sometime and then starts again. It is irritating and I can't do anything. I went to my family doctor with my mother but I could not tell him the whole story. It is my vagina that is getting irritated. So please help me and suggest what to do.
I had 3mm stones in kidney by medicine they were cleared, is any future reappear of it sir, give me tips to take preventive steps. Kapil.
Hello doctor my sister is in danger please help us its urgent. She was consult a doctor because she has suddenly heavy fiber and his head is paining and paining so firstly doctor do test of malaria parasite and immunology chromatographic test and urine test also I am going to attach it. Please help us.
A kidney transplant is a surgical procedure where your kidneys are cleansed and rebuild using the kidneys of a deceased person, in order to flush out the excessive waste fluids from the kidneys. It is of paramount importance and your dietary patterns and lifestyle should be altered after you go through a kidney transplant. Your dietician will help you out by preparing your diet chart to clearly list out the foods that you should consume and those which you should avoid after the surgery. The diet chart that would be prepared for you would be highly subjective and it would totally depend on your lifestyle, medical history, family health records, genetically transmitted conditions and such others. Apart from improving the condition of your kidney and assisting your transplant, the diet chart will also help you to lose weight, boost your metabolism and enhance your immune system. Some of the most common recommendations that your dietician may give you are as follows:
- Eating at least 5 full servings of fresh fruits and vegetables each day as both are an important part of a healthy diet for a person who has just undergone a kidney transplant. The vegetables should mostly be eaten after cooking/boiling as per the suggestions of your dietician.
- Having enough of fiber rich foods in your daily diet is essential as it speeds up the process of digestion and prevents constipation by promoting frequent and easy bowel movements.
- If you are a non-vegetarian, then you should be going for lean meat alternatives which are low on fat and high on nutritional value. Examples of such meat are fishes and poultry. Additionally, you should also avoid all kinds of red meat as it is high on fat.
- Consume low-fat milk and dairy products as they help to prevent the fat accumulation inside the body and also maintain an acceptable level of calcium and phosphorus inside your body.
- Maintain a low level of iodized salt in your meals, as it helps to keep your blood pressure under control.
- Over the counter health supplements like vitamins and proteins can also be taken, if recommended by your dietician.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'
I am 26 years old female weight 70 kgs. I am not having any problem but in sleep I am having weakness of urine passage .why it was happening in sleep from childhood I am having problem. In sleep when I realize I immediately wake up but sometimes it is not happening. Can I give me suggestion or should I use any medicines to control.
I am a 24-year-old male, Before two-day I felt severe pain, in the side of the abdomen. I consulted a doctor and came to know after check up that there is a stone in my kidney. Kindly suggest me DIET chart and what not to eat.
I am a diabetic person (using Ameril M1 Fort (one for morning one for night ) and recently I got stone in the kidney kindly advice me.
Dear sir, I always feel like urinating. I go for urination 10 to 12 times daily. I think it's not clear and if I drink water I feel more urinating, my latrine is also not clear every time what should I do its happening from last 3, 4 years I consult with many doctors and gone for sugar test several times and the report is normal so pls help and other problem is when I go for sex I ejaculate very early, I think it is because of always feeling urinating what should I do. Pls give some remedies.
Sir I am an adult of 17 from last 2 nights my no. Of urination has been increased suddenly. I can not sleep properly. Only for 2-3 hrs only. Sir pls help me sir pls. And I had to go washroom after 10 mints when I am on bed only for sleep. When I am doing something else or even enjoying music playing game. Etc by ling down in the same posture in which I usually sleep this does not happens. Last night when this all happens I start studying. And I studied for 4-5 hrs in this time period I did not need to go for urination. But if I try to sleep then dis happens. Sir pls help. Me sir.
Hello sir my ek overflow incontinence patient hun aur mera treatment chalraha hai 3 months pehle botox dalwa ya tha phir bhi urine leak horaha hai please help me.
Glomerulonephritis is a disease that is caused due to inflammation of the small filters that are present within the kidneys or glomeruli. Glomeruli eliminate the excess waste, electrolytes and fluids from the blood, discharged through urine. A glomerular disease can be either acute or chronic. If the condition arises without a combination of any other disease, it is termed as primary glomerulonephritis. Secondary glomerulonephritis is characterized by diabetes or lupus (an auto-immune disorder) being at the root of the disease. Prolonged or severe inflammation can take a toll on the kidneys.
Nephrotic syndrome can be primary, being a disease specific to the kidneys, or it can be secondary, being a renal manifestation of a systemic general illness. In all cases, injury to glomeruli is an essential feature. Kidney diseases that affect tubules and interstitium, such as interstitial nephritis, will not cause nephrotic syndrome.
Primary causes of nephrotic syndrome include the following, in approximate order of frequency:
Secondary causes include the following, again in order of approximate frequency:
Viral infections (e.g., hepatitis B, hepatitis C, human immunodeficiency virus [HIV] )
Amyloidosis and paraproteinemias
Allo-antibodies from enzyme replacement therapy
Nephrotic-range proteinuria may occur in other kidney diseases, such as IgA nephropathy. In that common glomerular disease, one-third of patients may have nephrotic-range proteinuria.
Nephrotic syndrome may occur in persons with sickle cell disease and evolve to renal failure. From a therapeutic perspective, nephrotic syndrome may be classified as steroid sensitive, steroid resistant, steroid dependent, or frequently relapsing.
Whether one is suffering from acute or chronic nephrotic glomerular , with symptoms moderate or severe, the treatment lies in treating high blood pressure and other underlying conditions of the disease.
Water pills help control sweating, thus increasing the fluid flushed from the kidneys.
Statins reduce cholesterol level.
Blood thinners such as anticoagulants lower the risk of blood clots.
Corticosteroids regulate the immune system and ease the inflammation that results from kidney disorders.
Incorporating certain lifestyle changes such as opting for lean proteins, cutting on the intake of fat in the diet and consuming lesser amounts of salt can treat inflammation and swelling.
For kidney failure, dialysis can come to the aid in eliminating excess fluids and regulating hypertension.
Hi, i am from Delhi 42 years of age for last 10-15 days I am suffering from urine infection have consulted a homeopath doctor and he is assuring that this is common in summers when urine is passed thru it is a very burning itching and all the time yellow and whiite pus type of thick liquid is present. I am little bit worried can you please advice me accordingly what to do ?
Dear Sir, I am having horseshoe kidney and my right kidney is smaller than left kidney by more than 1.10 mm. Suppose I walk more than 30 mts I feel pain on right side of pelvis portion and backhip. I am having pain due to this or any other problem please suggest me any good doctors.
3 days ago I masturbated twice in a day within an hour. After that I'm felling very little irritation in my anus and urine is also coming at short intervals in low time. What is the reason, Is there some infection in my urinary tract due to frequent masturbation! please reply, I'm in trouble.
Many theories and as many reasons are given, but in most of the cases, cause of stone formation in the kidneys is not clear. Biochemical dysfunction seems to be the only possible explanation. Stones generally develop very slowly. Tendency to stone formation may be hereditary.
Stones may vary in size from sand particles to large stone. Urinary stones may be present for many years and may give rise to no symptoms. When a stone obstructs the urinary passage, mild pain to severe renal colic occurs. There may be restlessness, sweating, pallor, vomiting, frequent urination, blood in urine etc during pain. Attack of pain may last few hours to few days, varying in severity time to time. In many cases, urinary infection is a common occurrence.
Homeopathic treatment plan comprises of:
- Ultrasonography at regular interval of three to four months to monitor
- The size of the stone and
- Movement of the stone along the urinary passage.
- Kidney function tests should be done to evaluate the function of kidneys.
- Urine examination may be helpful to treat the accompanying urinary infections.
- Parathyroid hormone essay and serum calcium level should be considered if the stone formation is recurrent.
- It is a well-known fact that some stones can pass naturally. But often they may cause severe pain and at times obstruction. But with homeopathic treatment, even moderate sized stone can pass absolutely painlessly.
- Though the use of painkillers and antispasmodics can relieve the pain and spasm, but in the process can actually hamper or suspend the onward and outward movement of the stone. With homeopathic treatment, body's natural reactions are stimulated that helps throw out the stone without much discomfort.
- At times, it is seen that with homeopathic treatment stones gradually dissolve into sand particle s and get eliminated from the urinary system without being aware of it. This can be monitored by subsequent Ultrasonograms watching the gradual reduction in the size of the stones.
- As stone formation is just a bye-product of body's biochemical dysfunction at deeper levels, only removal of the stone by natural or surgical means is not enough. Homeopathic treatment not only removes the stone, but can also modify the tendency to form stones by improving body's natural balance in general, and biochemical dysfunction in particular.
- In bilateral, multiple and recurrent stones, constitutional homeopathic treatment is far-more superior than surgery or any other therapy as it has the potential to help the body, not only throw the stone out but also improve the biochemical dysfunction to check the recurrence of stone formation.
- Surgery can be helpful only when the size of the stone is very large and causing damage to kidney by back- pressure. Even then, homeopathic treatment is of significant importance to improve the basic biochemical defects.
- Constitutional Homeopathic treatment can also help avert the complication of surgery.
- With constitutional homeopathic treatment, accompanying urinary infections are also relieved.
- AND, the added advantage is that with constitutional homeopathic treatment, general health also improves.
Dietary Restrictions :
- Large number of dietary "take and avoid" is known to the masses, but their role is doubtful. With good constitutional homeopathic treatment and proper monitoring by ultrasography, dietary restrictions are not mandatory.
- Increased amounts of fluid intake are advisable. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.