Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Arivazhagan

MBBS, MCh - Cardio Thoracic Surgery, MS - General Surgery

Cardiologist, Bangalore

29 Years Experience
Dr. Arivazhagan MBBS, MCh - Cardio Thoracic Surgery, MS - General Surgery Cardiologist, Bangalore
29 Years Experience
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

Hello and thank you for visiting my Lybrate profile! I want to let you know that here at my office my staff and I will do our best to make you comfortable. I strongly believe in ethics; a......more
Hello and thank you for visiting my Lybrate profile! I want to let you know that here at my office my staff and I will do our best to make you comfortable. I strongly believe in ethics; as a health provider being ethical is not just a remembered value, but a strongly observed one.
More about Dr. Arivazhagan
Dr. Arivazhagan is a trusted Cardiologist in Malleshpalya, Bangalore. He has had many happy patients in his 29 years of journey as a Cardiologist. He has done MBBS, MCh - Cardio Thoracic Surgery, MS - General Surgery . You can consult Dr. Arivazhagan at Medi Hope Hospitals And Research Center Pvt Ltd in Malleshpalya, Bangalore. Book an appointment online with Dr. Arivazhagan and consult privately on has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 44 years of experience on You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


MBBS - Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore - 1988
MCh - Cardio Thoracic Surgery - Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore - 1999
MS - General Surgery - Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore - 2001


Book Clinic Appointment

Medi Hope Hospitals And Research Center Pvt Ltd

No.114,Malleshpalya Main Road, Malleshpalya. Landmark: Opposite Vignan Nagar Bus StandBangalore Get Directions

MediHope Super Speciality Hospital

114/1, Malleshpalya Main Road, New Tippasandra Post, BEML, 8th Main Landmark : Near Malleshpalya Bus StandBangalore Get Directions
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Arivazhagan

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

I have hypertention last 7years & diabities last 2years. I want reduce my weight by 70 k. G. Current my weight is 84 k g. And also my heartbeat is goes fast. Give me perfect idear for care my health. My current dosses. 1)in morning after breakfast. Cardac -5(1), ivabrid(1), cilacare(20), arkamin. 2)janumet half before lunch. 3)after lunch -olmetrac -40, ecosprin 150 4)night-celacare 20, arkamin & glycomate 500 s. R.-half.

General Physician (AM)
Alternative Medicine Specialist, Chandigarh
1. Whole-grain bread. Research shows that people who follow a weight-loss program incorporating whole-grain breads, cereals, and other foods lose more body fat from the abdominal area than those who eat only refined-grain foods, like white bread and rice. 2. Low-fat milk and yogurt. Scientists have found that the more calcium in fat cells, the more fat those cells will burn. In one study, two groups of overweight mice were put on a restricted-calorie diet, but one also got calcium supplements. The no-calcium mice lost 8 percent of their body fat, compared to 42 percent among the mice that did get calcium. 3. Lean protein. Good sources of protein, such as lean meats, eggs, and beans, help keep your blood sugar stable. The result you will feel full longer and get a boost in energy and that will help you burn more belly fat. Requires detailed questioning so as to ascertain your personality and to treat you symptomatically. Treatment is available, safe and without side effects in biochemic system of medication. Consult me in private.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I always feel negative in my life. I do not know what to do. Do you think I need doctors consultancy. please reply fast I do not open up that easily keep everything in my heart. Always feel suffering.

General Physician, Chandigarh
You sure can take a psychotherapist's help its good to identify your problem and as you have already done it and are willing to improve you should take help.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

How can arteriosclerosis be diagnosed? Is there any link between arteriosclerosis and cholesterol levels?

PhD, Human Energy Fields, Diploma in PIP, EFI, Aura scanning for Health evaluation; Energy field assessment, Fellowship Cardiac Rehabilitation, Cardiac Rehabilitation, MD (Ayur - Mind Body Med), Mind Body Medicine
Non-Invasive Conservative Cardiac Care Specialist, Pune
Dear lybrate-user Arteriosclerosis is a disease of the blood vessel walls; typically when they get brazed or hardened. Cholesterol is wrongly blamed as being a culprit of depositions causing blockages. Cholesterol gets deposited only in the presence of toxic free radicals in the blood. And this condition is also called Atherosclerosis. You can diagnose blood vessel condition with a Carotid Dopplar.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

5 Facts to Know About Your Cholesterol

DM - Cardiology
Cardiologist, Ahmedabad
5 Facts to Know About Your Cholesterol

How is your Cholesterol these days?

Not sure? Don’t worry because you are not alone. Most people don’t have any idea about their risk for heart disease.

What’s even more threatening?
Cholesterol can start to clog your arteries as early as your twenties in this generation. And this is a potential threat to major heart disease. It’s better we start paying an extra attention to our cholesterol.

6 people found this helpful

What is the medicine for the body pains and chest pains give me the better solution.

General Physician, Rajkot
Hi lybrate-user. Bodypains and chest pains at your age are usually due to muscle strains and are not worrisome. You can take analgesic tablets with muscle relaxants for pain relief example. Combiflam or zerodol-mr or zerodol-p etc. If chest pain is significan or associated with gabraman or perspiration then cardiac cause should be ruled out by ecg or consulting a doctor. Hope this helps. Thank you.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have been playing badminton for 15 days and for last 4-5 days when ever I use to jog or jump I have pain in center of my chest when ever I stop jogging or jumping pain stops.

General Physician, Mumbai
Dear Lybrateuser, - Your problem is due to strain & stretch to the muscle & soft tissues - avoid bending, lifting weight, playing or exercising till pain subsides as movement will increase it - do hot fomentation of the affected area three times a day - apply pain relief gel three times a day - if still pain is there take a pain killer tablet after meals, max 2-3 in a day.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My niece is suffering with Breast Cancer Grade 3. advice 4 cycles of Chemo+Surgery+another 4 cycles chemo and radiation. She appears to be normal, no sickness. What is the prognosis? Survival rate? Please help me.

FACS, MBBS, MS - General Surgery
Oncologist, Gurgaon
Donot worry if she has under gone all mention treatment and she is feeling good the prognosis will be good,
7 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

What are the symptoms of Myocardial infarction and emergency treatment for patient.

General Physician, Mumbai
Dear lybrateuser, - The symptoms of myocardial infarction include pain, heaviness or tightness in mid chest, pain radiating to left arm, shoulder,jaw, neck, back, tiredness, profuse sweating, giddiness, breathlessness, headache, nausea, vomiting, heartburn & stomach upset - in emergency give a tablet of aspirin to chew, make the person lye down, proper air circulation at the site should be there, rush patient to the nearest medical setup with cardiac ICU in a cardiac care ambulance.
9 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Pulmonologist, Faridabad
5 foods that fight high cholesterol
Oats, beeans,nuts,foods fortified with sterols and stanols, and fatty fish lowers cholesterol.
8 people found this helpful

I am 19 year old female. I've never experienced breathlessness low bp (89/53) and dizziness before that viral fever in february. I also consulted an ENT doctor at that time. He ran an ECG which showed everything normal. But now I feel like extreme weakness and body ache. There is profuse sweating in my palms all the time. After climbing stairs or walking distance I can hardly breathe! Whenever I do some work it feels I am having mild fever. My periods are late and extremely painful this time. I have lost my appetite to a great extent. The doctor gave me nutritional supplements. But I still don't feel good. What's wrong with me and what should I do?

Hi lybrate user avoid cold thinks like ice or cold water avoid climbing avoid walking long distance take homoeopthic medicine 1- natrum mur 30 four pills two time a day for 1 week 2- pulsatila 30 four pills three times a day for 1 week 3-bryonia alba 30 four pills three times a day for five day 4- ashoka q 20 drops half cups water two time a day for 1 week avoid pain killer avoid junk food take food high fiber & protein.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Mam I am having back problem always in my chest and play mam suggest me some thing for this?

FRHS, Ph.D Neuro , MPT - Neurology Physiotherapy, D.Sp.Med, DPHM (Health Management ), BPTh/BPT
Physiotherapist, Chennai
Do take spinal extension exercise from neuro physiotherapist and breathing exercises use firm hard and even mattress for sleep best wishes.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Male 42 years I have hyperlipidemia my total cholesterol is within limit take fenofibrate 160mg daily do I have to take it whole life or I have some alternate whenever I discontinue it my triglycerides shoots upto 450.

Diploma in Cardiology
General Physician, Kolkata
Don't discontinue, go on with same medicine, with the same dose & try to change your diet, take fat free, salt restricted, high fiber diet, check your lipid profile every month, when your cholesterol & triglyceride will come down, then reduce the dose in consultation with a cardiologist. Last but not the least, regular exercise is essential.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

How do I improve my HDL level. My cholesterol level is 172 HDL 31 LDL 129 and Triglycerides 161

MBBS, MD - Internal Medicine
Internal Medicine Specialist, Faridabad
hi...take tab. atorvas 10 mg at night. and You can control cholesterol / hdl / ldl/t.g. and obesity by using following flax oil, omega-3 fatty meal or cap., take . green veg., whole grain foods, spicy foods, Use GARLIC in foods daily ,. Cod liver oil. Low sugar foods, low calories foods. Change own life style . do meditation,yoga, Go walk daily in morning and evening, do any one physically activity daily i.e. play any game., Avoid fast foods, oily foods, alcohol,smoking, fatty foods, non-veg., avoid stress, take plenty of water in day time. These are helful also reduced obesity. one important that is take 1 glass of water before bed at night. Because it protect from heart fail during sleep at night. Welcome in lybrate.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 71 years of age, of course, with sound physique. However, I have some respiratory problem for some time now. I feel like taking deep breath. This makes me feel uncomfortable and uneasy. Recently PFT taken. It showed slight/mild airway problem for which taken treatment for a fortnight. ECG, ECHO and other pathological test reports such as blood test, urine test etc are normal. What is the way out for coming out of this respiratory infection?

General Physician, Hyderabad
If you are running fever, feeling of not well, better to take /some antibiotic for which you have to approach a qualified practioner, if you have'nt got above symptoms, improve your resistance by taking yoga, specially breathing exercises and some good multivitamins and see for 3 to 4 days, and good diet too will help in recovery.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 18 years old and my heart is beating fastly and I am not feeling comfortable.

MD - Homeopathy, BHMS
Homeopath, Kolkata
Hello, According to your age and height, your weight is some how excessive. That should be reduced by eliminating fatty food, fast food cold drinks etc with light exercise. Weight to be reduced to 70 Kg. The metabolic disorder has already been started for crating future problem. Be careful and start yoga And Prayanama which will give you some sort of relief. Also time to time go for blood test for lipid profile. Report after One month report through Lybrate for consultation.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 51 male I have diabetes, blood pressure and cervical from 2 years. Now i'm facing pain in joints and I don't get proper sleep as well. I feel my body is not flexible for doing work.

Physiotherapist, Hyderabad
Hi do some stretching exercises and strengthening exercises to get relief from joints pain. And you will b flexible too. To do you r works.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi doc, I have pain in my lower chest. About 3-4 weeks. and also I have pain in my shoulder, upper back, and lower back about 2 months before. So what can I do so I feel relief in my pain. Please doctor suggested a answer for me. thanks doctor.

General Physician, Trivandrum
You maybe most probably suffering from gastritis or gastro esophageal reflux disease. You have to avoid spicy and fried foods. Also avoid junk food and fast food. If your problems are worse, you need to take an ecg and take medications.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 41 years, male, have high LDL 160 and HDL 50. What should I do to reduce LDL and increase HDL?

General Physician, Mumbai
I will suggest you to do suryanamaskar daily as per your capacity for a minimum of six months and eat a low fat content in your diet
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Heart faliour is the biggest killer in the modern world. Learn from a cardio logist how they detect heart diseases what are the various treatments aviable for heart disease.

General Physician, Cuttack
Heart disease can be diagnosed by ECG, 2D ECHO, TMT, carotid angiography etc. Treatment could be by medicine, Angioplasty or CABG(By Pass surgery) depending on type of heart disease
Submit FeedbackFeedback

One of my friend is suffering from chest pain (left one) from a month, is there anything to worry upon?

DM - Cardiology -, MD - General Medicine - , MBBS
Cardiologist, Delhi
If he is smoker or family history of diabetes or heart disease then it may be concerning get properly evaluated by a cardiologist.
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed