Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Archana MuralidharanYour feedback matters!
Allergic dry cough and very frequently cold and blockage of ears. Everytime Dr. prescribes me montek tablet.
I am Suffering From Severe Fever 4 Last Three Days and Having Bad Throat Also. My Body Is Badly Aching As well.
Sir mere gala me bhari bhari sa lagta hai kuch bhi khawo to jaise gale me hi atka hua hai aur dakaar aane par kuch rahat milti hai aur sine me bhi dard rahte hai please help me.
I snore a lot while sleeping. Multiple times gets up at night. Feeling drowsy all day. How to avoid or reduce snoring.
I was having itchiness in throat, especially at night and in early morning when I wake up. Little bit phlegm comes up in the morning if I try to cough out but not much. This is happening for past 5 days. I have ascoril syrup at home and a local physician asked to take solvin syrup. Which one will be better suited for me?
Tinnitus is a disorder which is characterized by a constant perception of a ringing noise in the ears. This is not the condition in itself, rather it signals some other underlying condition such as an ear injury or age related hearing loss. It is not a serious condition, although the symptoms can worsen with age. If you are affected by this disorder, you might experience or ‘hear’ a constant ringing sensation in the ears, even if there are no external sources of noise. These sounds could range from being a buzzing, ringing, to a hissing sound. This condition has mighty chances of interfering with your daily routine.
It is classified into two types:
- Objective tinnitus: This disorder is caused by muscle contractions or a blood vessel problem.
- Subjective tinnitus: The more commonly occurring type, it is caused by damage to the auditory nerves or regions of the brain that interpret sound.
The causes of this disorder are:
- Exposure to loud noise: If you are exposed to loud noises such as the ones emanating from firearms or heavy machinery over a prolonged period, it can lead to tinnitus.
- Aging: Aging can cause progressive loss of hearing, thus triggering tinnitus.
- Blockage of the ear: There is earwax present in the ears, the function of which is to trap dirt and bacteria. Excessive earwax accumulation leads to loss of hearing, resulting in tinnitus.
- Modifications of the ear bone: Any stiffening of the middle bone in the ear could impair your hearing and result in this condition.
Certain factors such as smoking, age, sex (men are prone to this disorder) and heart related disorders increase the risks of being affected by this condition.
The treatment of this condition begins with the identification of the underlying condition, if any. The various treatment options are –
- Removal of earwax: Excess earwax has gotten rid of which can relieve symptoms of tinnitus.
- Suppression of noise: Certain machines, known as white noise machines, produce random sounds such as the sound of rain or the sounds of waves, thus eliminating the ‘hearing’ of sounds which are common to this condition.
- Medications: Certain medications such as alprazolam and nortriptyline can help reduce the severity of the symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ent-specialist.