Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Rheumatologists in India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Anupama KumarYour feedback matters!
I have insomnia. I dnt want to take sleeping pills always as prescribed to me by the doc. But when I stop taking it, I get awake at the mid night & can hardly sleep back. Is there any other way to deal with it?
I'm 75 years old am hypertensive which is under control with medication. I have OA both knees. Apart from surgery what will be a better treatment.
Would you please explain what an autoimmune disease is? I have been told this is the cause of my arthritis.
I am 40 years, weight is 57 kg suffering joint pains (knee, hills) from last 5 years. I have little gastric problem also. Mainly knees are getting pain when I am going upward/downward on the staircase. At morning when I get up from bed, my hills are getting pain. Now I am taking Amla juice and Aloe vera juice once at morning from 4 months. please help if any ayurvedic remedies/treatment.
The muscle between knee and ankle is stiff and a bit pain. It causes while running. What should I do?
I am 36 years old is it safe to walk on treadmill on incline no. 10 and speed 7.5. Would walking on incline would do bad effect on knees.
I do running daily, but now I stopped running because I am felling pain in my knee of right leg for last 1 month . There is no pain in knee of left leg. I don't feel any pain while walking and bending my right leg. I feel pain when I do running ,stretching and making pressure on it. I have to go for my sports after 1 month where I have to do running also. Sir or mam please help me how can I cure it within 1 month. I just have 1 month to cure it ! What should I do ? What diet should I take? I am worrying about it ! Is it permanent? Or can be cure ?
I am a 34 Year male got knee injury. The mri finding are: ACL tear with smal tibial contusion And joint effusion. Does this need any surgery?
How to cure knock knee at age of 18 it is increasing day to day in my leg so. Please help me in this matter. Thanks in advance.
Arthritis is an agonising and degenerative condition caused by swelling and inflammation of the joints that causes pain and stiffness. Whether it is dull, sharp, smouldering or a pressure that must be described as having a hammer crushing one of your joints, chronic arthritis pain and joint inflammation is a very common disease among many adults.
Here are a few generic tips to help the condition of arthritis:
- General and regular exercising: Specialists prescribe the use of a workout plan that guarantees certain activities and exercise routine. The point of the regular exercising routine is to guarantee mobility and flexibility of the joints and enhance the scope of movement for patients. In the meantime, working out helps in enhancing the quality of the joints and allows better strength and support for the body. Along these lines, they help in diminishing both weight and strain on the joints.
- Weight control and healthy diet: Patients with arthritis will suffer more on account of weight gain. To keep away from an excess of weight and pressure on the joints as an after effects of weight gain, stay away from putting on weight. Eat healthier foods that comprise of more minerals and vitamins while giving less fat and calories to the body. Increasing vegetables and organic products in the eating regimen is great for arthritis pain. The leafy vegetables contain anti-oxidants. They also have anti-inflammatory effects on the joints and bones.
- Hot and cool treatment: Simple and basic hot and cold treatments can improve things greatly with regards to arthritis pain. Long, warm baths or showers particularly in the morning ease solidness and stiffness in your joints. Use an electric cover or warming cushion around evening time to keep your joints free and use moist warming cushions. Cool treatments are best to relieve arthritis pain. Wrap a gel ice pack or a sack of frozen vegetables in a towel and apply it to the painful joints for fast alleviation and relief from the pain and swelling.
- Inflammatory and anti-inflammatory foods: Arthritis and joint pain can increase if patients continue using nourishments that have high inflammatory impacts. However, some might not have a thought of what the foods are or what they give to the body. One needs to abstain from eating fast and junk food and processed food products. Turmeric, the most basic Indian spice, has a chemical in it called curcumin that might have the capacity to diminish arthritis pain.
- Plan carefully: It is hard to tell when a flare-up may happen, making your joints turn out to be hard and swollen, or when you will try too hard while working out. Since you cannot anticipate these occasions, it is a smart thought to be prepared beforehand and get ready for issues before they emerge with medication and your emergency numbers in place.
My mother is suffering from arthirtis for last 7 years. Some doctors have recommended for total knee replacement. Somce have said it should be cured through medicine. Also is it recommeded to do both legs knee replacement together or one at a time.
I experienced sudden sharp pain in my knee while squatting which lasted for about 30 seconds. Otherwise there is no problem. What is this and what is the remedy?
My mother (age 60) is suffering from knee pain since last two year but now pain increases rapidly from past few months. My mother weight is about 97 kg. What should she do.
With age we often experience gradual wear and tear of our body parts, which leads to slow down of body functions. Wear and tear of bones and joints often make movement difficult in various parts, such as hands, hips, legs, knees, ankles, etc. Rheumatoid and osteoarthritis are a two serious and common conditions where wear and tear of the bone is significant. The pain and stiffness in the affected joints vary, but for most people, restricted movement is the main issue. The relieving news is that there are effective, natural methods in Ayurveda which are tested over centuries and used even to date.
These methods aim at improving stiffness, pain control, controlling progression of inflammation, reversal of damage (if not severe), improving range of motion, improving strength and improving overall energy levels.
Ayurveda believes that body’s health is managed with the balance between three vital elements that is vata, pitta, and kapha. Arthritis (both osteo and rheumatoid variety) is believed to be related to vata and arthritis is also known as sandhivata (sandhi meaning joint).
Treatment includes overall body treatment and focused treatment of the affected joint. Oral medicines, oils and external applicants, detoxification and rejuvenation through panchakarma, diet changes, healthy lifestyle are all part of the treatment regimen. Oil and external application on the overall body and affected joints will help lubricate the joints and will allow easy movement. This will help reduce stiffness and improve range of motion.
Dietary changes: Reduce fats, sugar, salt and alcohol. Include a lot more of fish, soy, olive oil, low-fat dairy products, broccoli, green tea, citrus fruits, whole grains, beans, garlic and nuts and seeds. In addition to protein, these have various ingredients, which are useful for bone health and act as anti-inflammatory agents.
Some common panchakarma treatments include:
- Choorna Kizhi, where the person is made to assume different positions and mixtures of various herbs are applied to make the person sweat profusely.
- Abhyangam is a special oil massage lasting 45 minutes that the patient undergoes for 14 days. In addition to arthritis, it also helps control body ache, fight obesity, revitalises the whole system, induces sleep, and helps fight stress.
- Njavarakizhi is similar to the earlier Choorna Kizhi, various oils are used to massage the whole body while the patient is made to sit in different positions. There is also a Njavara rice that is cooked in milk to make a porridge and fed to the patient. This again is continued for 14 days.
The key to managing this condition is to seek help in as early stages of the disease as possible. When there are risk factors that put you at risk, reach out to seek medical help as soon as you realise onset of symptoms.