Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Rheumatologists in India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anupama Kumar
Submit a review for Dr. Anupama KumarYour feedback matters!
I have upper back pain from last 3 years, pain is severe when my body is in rest or when I wake up, pain starts from t3 and t4 between scapula and radiates below left scapula its very painful and seems to be swollen even I am having lower back pain and knee pain. I am 33 yrs male, body weight 84 kg and height is 183 cms. Please help me to treat and suggest pain management. Doctors suggest me ace proxyvon cr, jointace cz, tab citravite and fabutaz 40 by an orthopedician. How useful is these medicine and what they diagnosed please reply urgently since I have to start medicine. Thank you.
I play badminton everyday in the morning. I am getting knee pain after playing i. E, while I am at work. Please help me with this.
I am 40 yrs old I had l4, l5 problem means like a butterfly shape is there, but last year summer ending I face a problem of knee to foot and elbow to fingers burning sensation is there, at that time I met one Dr. He given a simple medication means daily one tab of nuerobeian and daily morning and evening 30 mins walking with belt after that I relive that pain now means after one year I facing same problem and one more thing when I wear the belt after that my total body is shivering and motion sensation is there means some times coming some times may not total body is dehydrogenation feeling is there please kindly give me a best suggestion thanking you.
#ORTHOPEDIC I have ACL tear in Left knee for last 2 and half months and my surgery is fixed in next month. If we walk long /neglect this this injured left knee. Is there any possibility to affect the ACL of right knee also?
Frequent heel pain Was told cartialage wear and tear I am a female aged 45 Please advise line or treatment or exercise
I am 28 year old female with effects of juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, which I got at the age of 4. I weigh around 76 kg and this has been constant for a year. I did not notice any reduction in weight even if I have diet and exercise. As daily walking gives me knee pain I am not able to go for walk or jogging. Please let me know any alternate methods to reduce my weight. Thanks.
Knee pain is characterized by a feeling of pain in the knee joint caused by injury or overuse. The knee joint consists of small bone structures, the kneecap, supporting ligaments and cartilage of the knee. This joint bears the full weight of the body, which makes it very vulnerable to injury.
Causes of knee pain
Knee pain is usually caused by injuries to the knee such as exposure to a direct force on the knee, abnormal twisting of the knee or falling on your knees. Some causes of knee pain are -
- Knee strains and sprains - Overworking the knee joints can damage the tissues of the knee joint resulting in knee sprains and strains
- Osteoarthritis - it is condition where the protective cartilage around the kneecap is damaged, resulting in knee pain
- Bursitis - Excessive movement of the knee or kneeling down for extended periods can irritate the bursa (a fluid sac below the skin above the knee joint) that causes swelling and pain, thereby giving rise to this condition
- Gout - This condition is characterized by the accumulation of uric acid in crystal form around the knee joint, causing inflammation and pain
- Tendon disorders - Tendons connect the muscles to the bones, and overworking the knee can cause the tendons around the knee to become sore and painful
- Kneecap dislocation - Injuries may cause the kneecap to shift out of its position, this causes swelling and pain in the knee joint
- Ligament injuries: The ligaments are what connect your thigh bone to your lower leg bones. They hold your bones together and keep the knee stable. Knee ligament sprains and tears are very common sports injuries, and can occur to the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), posterior cruciate ligament (PCL), and medial collateral ligament (MCL). Any of these injuries can result in severe knee pain and could require surgery.
Symptoms of knee pain
Severe knee pain can restrict movements such as walking or standing. The symptoms vary according to the extent of the damage suffered by the knee. Most common symptoms of knee pain are problems in climbing stairs, inability to extend the knees, limping and swelling of the knee joint. In some cases, knee pain may also cause fever.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Osteoarthritis is a common disorder that affects the joints in the body. It is characterized by wear and tear of the cartilage present in the bones which lead to pain and mobility issues. The disorder mostly affects the joints in the hips, spine, knees and the hands. This disorder can’t be cured; the symptoms, however, can be managed.
The symptoms of osteoarthritis are progressive in nature and tend to worsen with time. You will experience pain in the affected joint, leading to limited mobility. Joint stiffness occurs when you wake up in the morning or when you have been inactive for a long period. You will also experience a grating-like sensation when the respective joint is being used.
This condition occurs when the protective cartilage around the bones tend to deteriorate. The function of the cartilage is to allow the joints to move without friction. In this disorder, the surface of the affected cartilage turns rough, ultimately resulting in complete damage. This leads to loss of the protective cushion of the bone, making the bone rub on other bones. There are certain factors that make you prone to osteoarthritis, some of them are:
Aging increases the risks of this disorder.
Women are more prone to this disorder as compared to men.
Obesity puts added stress on the joints.
It might be hereditary as well.
Ayurveda is a holistic system of medicine that balances the different energies in the body to keep you healthy. Ayurveda believes in the fact that a disorder in the body occurs when there is an imbalance in the respective doshas – Vata, Pitta and Kapha. The idea is to get the doshas in order in order to get relief from the symptoms of this disorder. Osteoarthritis, or for that matter any disorder occurs due to the imbalance of the ‘Vata dosha’. The Ayurvedic treatments for this condition is Pachkarma therapy.
Panchakarma is the elimination of doshas from the body. It is one of the peculiarities of Ayurveda. Since according to Ayurveda, disease is the result of imbalance of doshas, when the increase of dosha is in a large quantity the best way to get cured faster is expelling the doshas out. These procedures (Karmas) are five (Pancha) and hence they are described as Panchakarma i.e. five procedures. These are to be performed not only by the patient for getting them cured but even by healthy persons for maintaining the health.
- Vamana: This is the elimination of doshas by the process of emesis. This is particularly useful for diseases arising from kapha and also from pitta. Diseases like chr. bronchitis, asthma, skin diseases, allergies, herpes, diabetes, sinusitis, osteoarthritis, hyperacidity are best dealt with this procedure. The best season for doing this procedure is ‘ Spring’ or even ‘Autumn’.
- Virechana: In this procedure, loose motions are produced to eliminate the doshas. This is very useful in diseases caused by pitta dosha e.g. Hyperacidity, herpes, gulma (Type of tumor) jaundice, osteoarthritis, anemia, skin diseases etc. The best season for this procedure is ‘autumn’.
- Basti: The procedure is important for the Vata dosha mainly, but can be used for Kapha and pitta and for all sorts of diseases also. In this procedure enema with herbal decoction, oil, honey and salt is given. Since it has a direct action over the large intestine, which is the main site of Vata dosha, it acts instantaneously. The procedure is especially useful for all kinds of diseases caused by Vata Dosha e.g. back ache, arthritis, osteoarthritis, dystrophies, multiple scherosis, muscle waisting etc. The best season for this procedure is the rainy season. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.