Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Rheumatologists in India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Anupama KumarYour feedback matters!
I am 41 year old lady. I am having piles from a long time and sometimes it is cured but then again after sometime it started paining. I am also having knee pain from a long time can you please tell me what should I do?
Hai one of my friend last 4 years suffering from knee pain he was suggest so many doctors but no use can you tell a solutions please. His age 55.
I am suffering from gouts, suggest me dr, it will be cure permanently by which medecine alopathy, ayurvedic, or homeopathy ?
Hi docs, i have severe pain in both my knees, and have been told its arthiritis. I am 67. I stya fit and am strengthening by legs, and all the relevant muscles.I swim play golf. Of late the pain also has increased. I have a high tolerance of pain. For medication I am taking Dolo 650 twice a day, and Glucosmine one a day. Can you suggest 1. A method to ease the pain. 2 . Is it ok to take DOLO650 TWICE A DAY. 3.Alternate medicines. For the pain . Thanks , and appreciate your effort in going digital.
My aunt has joint pain, basically in her legs, there are gout. Bursitis, or inflammation of the cushioning pads around joints. So I need help which type of specialist I should visit,
I have been suffering from knee pain. I can not sit long time. Also I don't travel more please give me some suggestions. Thanks.
I have rheumatoid arthritis. My penis is not erecting I am fearing my manliness is gone. I have pain in the penical veins. Please help me out.
I am 19 years old and I am starting to feel knee pain. I think I am over straining my knees. Or is it because that I am vegetarian? what should I have to do get a relief from it?
I am 65 years old woman suffering with osteoarthritis in the knee. Pl. Suggest medicine for the pain and also for the treatmentThank you.
My mother is having rheumatoid arthritis and my mother is having very bad conditions so please suggest me cure this problem.
Maintaining a right posture is a serious health business so much so that a bad posture can ultimately result in serious morbidity. Right posture doesn't simply mean sitting up straight. Posture refers to the alignment of spine with all its adjoining structures. Younger population is falling prey to bone and joint ailments because of wrong posture. No amount of exercise or therapy can undo 16 hours of bad posture a day. It is important to be mindful throughout the life. Researchers says, a person with good posture maintaining proper alignment through all sitting standing and lying positions. Falling to correct bad posture has significant implications for the skeletal system and leads to osteoarthritis. And hence people should be educated not only on correct posture but also an ergonomic principles at home and place of work.
My Arthritis test report shows ASO - 542 RA - 1.4 CRP - 2.1 Uric Acid - 2.6 What are the causes for increase of ASO level in the blood? How to reduce it?
I got hit by a cricket leather ball on my leg bone which is just under my knee and its hurt when I use to run more than a mile. How can I cure it.
I am 20 year old and I have so much pain in knee while standing up from floor what to do now please help.
Last month My knee got twisted while playing football.I have been going through ultra sound treat ment for last 10 days And doing that contraction- expansion exercise too. Now i feel little weakness on that particular part of knee and little pain if get a sudden jerk or some thing like that Now should go for jogging or else wat to do?
I am 70 years old male. Recently I developed initial stage of oa in left knee and was advised colla cee gs. Dose was 28gms per day. Took for 3/months. My pain reduced by 80%. Doctor said to give gap of 3 months. My question is if this medicine is managing pain or provide lubricant in knee joints? how long it should be take.
The degeneration of joint cartilage and bone tissue is known as osteoarthritis. This condition affects the elderly and greatly reduces their quality of life by making movement stiff and painful. Here are ten fast facts about osteoarthritis.
- Age is not the only trigger: This condition affects the elderly but can also affect middle aged people as well. Apart from age, muscle strength and the amount a joint is used also play an important part in the development of this condition.
- It is the most common joint disorder: Osteoarthritis is the most common disease that affects the elderly across the world. In many cases, it goes undiagnosed until late since the onset of the condition is very gradual.
- It affects weight bearing joints: The knees, hips and spine are the most commonly affected by this condition. This is because these joints bear the weight of the body. However, it can also affect other joints including the fingers, elbows etc.
- Women are at a higher risk of suffering from this than men: Until the age of 45 men and women have the equal risks of suffering from osteoarthritis. However, as women get older, their risks of suffering from this condition increase.
- It can be managed: If diagnosed in its early stages, osteoarthritis can be easily managed. Treatment for this condition focuses on controlling pain and slowing the progression of the disease.
- Weight loss can make it easier: Obesity is one of the common factors that can trigger this condition. The more weight you put on your joints, the more susceptible it is to osteoarthritis. Hence, losing weight instantly lowers the pressure on your joints and reduces the risk of osteoarthritis.
- It is the leading cause of disability amongst the elderly: This condition should not be ignored as simple joint pain. In many cases, this musculoskeletal condition can cause so much pain that it restricts movement and in time leads to disability.
- It runs in families: Osteoarthritis is a hereditary condition and can be passed down genetically from one generation to the next.
- Rest can relieve pain: Late stage osteoarthritis is characterized by locked joints and severe pain whenever moved. Avoiding jerky movements and letting the joint rest can help ease the pain.
- Exercise can help: The above point should not be used as an excuse to avoid exercise. Exercising the joints increases flexibility and helps increase the range of movements possible. Simple yoga asanas, walking and swimming are some exercises to start off with. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.