Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anu Joseph
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Treatment of Uterine Fibroids
Submit a review for Dr. Anu JosephYour feedback matters!
My cousins have 1 cm cyst in under armpit in breast .we consulted a doctor .but she checking mammogram and he tell them its negative result and she said just cyst and painful and movable but ahe said better than the remove the cyst and consult surgeon .what can I do. Is this serous problem. And is this suddenly remove?
I am 34 yrs old lady & presently 6 weeks pregnant. My body weight is 76. 7 kg. What type of exercise I shoild do regularly? should I go to gym?
Sir, I am married but we have no child is the first time in my life and a new couples and Please suggest what to do?.
I am 19 years old. I had taken unwanted 72 on 30th oct pre semen slightly touched the condom. I had taken another unwanted 72 6th nov because condom broke during anal sex. On that day (6th nov) I have got withdrawal bleeding just for 9 hours and the amount is very very low. Is it just the side effect if that pill? Will I get this kind of bleeding very frequently? My periods date is 17th nov. When will I get my next periods? Will it bw too late or will I skip it? Am I safe from pregnancy? When will my periods be normal. Will this 2 pill in one cycle make a huge problems in my periods schedule?
Hi I rubbed my penis near her vagina. Did not penetrate for sure. But gave her Ipill at 26th hour. Can she get pregnant.
Cholesterol reduction: Like many whole foods, broccoli is packed with soluble fiber that draws cholesterol out of your body. Reducing allergic reaction and inflammation: Research has shown the ability of kaempferol to lessen the impact of allergy-related substances on our body. Broccoli even has significant amounts of omega 3 fatty acids, which are well known as an anti-inflammatory. Powerful antioxidant: Of all the cruciferous vegetables, broccoli stands out as the most concentrated source of vitamin C, plus the flavonoids necessary for vitamin C to recycle effectively. Also concentrated in broccoli are the carotenoids lutein, zeaxanthin, and beta-carotene, other powerful antioxidants. Bone health: Broccoli contains high levels of both calcium and vitamin K, both of which are important for bone health and prevention of osteoporosis. Heart health: The anti-inflammatory properties of sulforaphane, one of the isothiocyanates (ITCs) in broccoli, may be able to prevent (or even reverse) some of the damage to blood vessel linings that can be caused by inflammation due to chronic blood sugar problems. Diet aid: Broccoli is a good carb and is high in fiber, which aids in digestion, prevents constipation, maintains low blood sugar, and curbs overeating.
M 29 years trying to conceive since June 2016 periods regular cycle of 26 days Having multivitamin tablets after doc recommended since August but not able to conceive Eveytime period shows up at exact date dun know what is wrong have gone all the test needed everything ok keeping track of ovulation day but still no luck Please advice.
My gf n I have unprotected sex on her 11th day of cycle. I did not ejaculated inside her. After few day I got to know that precum may also can cause pregnancy I gave her I pill on 15th day (in 90 hrs) of cycle. I am very much worried now what to do.
I am 6 months pregnant woman, there is a lots of swelling on my feet. What to do you? I daily dip in warm water for some time but still have lots of swelling.
Once a baby is born, a mother's world centers around her bundle of joy. Post pregnancy period can be challenging for a first-time mother. From breastfeeding to her diet, there are a lot of things going on in her mind post pregnancy. In this article, we answer some common yet important post pregnancy questions.
Lactating mothers with small or inverted nipples: For women with small or inverted nipples, breastfeeding may not always be smooth sailing. During pregnancy, the base of the nipples (one or both) may adhere together resulting in inverted nipples. The inversion can occur in one or both the nipples. However, inverted or small breasts seldom interfere or affect the milk flow. In some cases (deeply inverted nipples), during breastfeeding, the baby may face some problem to latch on. There is, however, nothing to press the panic button. Instead, consult a lactation consultant.
If your nipples are flat or inverted, it is helpful if you have help from a Lactation Consultant if possible during the first feedings, as these are likely to present the most problems. Useful techniques include:
- Nipple Stimulation. Unless it retracts completely, grasp the nipple and roll it between your thumb and index finger for 30 seconds, then touch it with a moist, cold cloth immediately before offering it to your baby
- Pulling back on the areola before you latch the baby on. Support your breast with your thumb on top and your other fingers underneath, and pull back on the breast toward the chest wall. This will help the nipple protrude.
- Using a nipple shield. This is a thin, flexible silicone nipple with holes in the end that fits over your nipple during feedings. Modern nipple shields are made from a clear, thin layer of silicone, which means that more stimulation reaches the areola, and the reduction of milk volume is minimized.
How many times should the baby be breastfed?
The needs and requirements may not be same for all the babies. The initial few days may require frequent breastfeeding. In the next few weeks, for a healthy baby, the recommendation is about eight times a day. As the baby grows (from six months onwards), the requirement may drop down to three- four times a day.
Signs that your baby is getting enough breast milk-
- Your breasts feel softer after nursing.
- Your baby seems satisfied and relaxed after taking a feed.
- Your baby continues to gain weight. Your baby should gain about 6 to 8 ounces a week for the first four months, then about 4 to 6 ounces per week from 4 to 7 months.
- Once your baby starts getting regular breast milk, he/she will start having at least six wet diapers a day.
Tips to ensure that the baby latches on during breastfeeding: The position of the mother and the baby can be a determining factor in how well the baby latches on during breastfeeding. While breastfeeding the baby, your breast should be within the range of the baby's mouth. Many mothers make the mistake of putting their hands on the nipples during breastfeeding. Use your hand to position the nipples towards the baby's mouth, but do not cover the nipples. Your hands should be at some distance from the nipples. Do not breastfeed your baby forcefully.
Heal your stitches-
- Take bath at least once a day
- Change your sanitary pad regularly,
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Keep doing your pelvic floor exercises, as it improves circulation to the area, and will help in quick healing.
- Expose your stitches to the air for 10mins a day. Take your panties off and rest on your bed. Put an old, clean cloth underneath you to protect the sheets.
- Avoid wearing tight trousers.
Post Delivery FAQs
- Post pregnancy, a woman needs at least 4-6 weeks rest before she can resume her sex life.
- A woman should not lift heavy objects post pregnancy at least for a month (or as recommended by the doctor). Women who had a C-section should be extra careful.
- A healthy mother with no complications can get on with her normal life within 2-3 weeks. However, doctors recommend 6-weeks (or till the first check-up) before resuming the daily activities.
- Take care of the stitches (especially, C-section) to avoid infection. The area around the stitches should be kept clean and dry. Rest as much as possible. In the case of any discomfort, consult your physician.
- Pay attention to your diet post pregnancy. Lactating mothers should avoid foods that have high mercury content. Avoid smoking and drinking while breastfeeding. Some believe that having clarified butter (ghee) may speed up the recovery. However, there is no scientific evidence to prove this fact. Drink plenty of water, and eat fibre-rich foods, such as brown rice, whole-wheat roti, wholemeal bread, green vegetables, and fruits, in order to prevent constipation.
Every shape is pretty until it stays in shape. Take a healthy diet to stay in perfect shape n to live a healthy life.
Hi. I got positive pregnancy test. And done my beta hcg level which are 9400 at 5 week 4 days. Are My hcg levels OK. Please guide me n suggest me first trimester diet.
I am having periods before time my due date is 11th july but I have started bleeding today I have taken unwanted 72 within 72 hours and previously I took pill when I earlier had sex .i want to know the reason? Am I pregnant? And I am also having diabetes.
Everyone wants to work out but is unable to find time to put in the effort. Exercise, first thing in the day can fresh you up but late afternoon to early evening is the best time to exercise, because our body in general and our muscles and lungs in particular are working at their most optimal performance during this period.
Tips for better workout
Working out at any point in a day is much better than not exercising at all. This is why you should not feel anxious in rescheduling a work out to late evening while ensuring a completion of your daily responsibilities.
In order to provide the body adequate time to cool you should finish working out 3 hours before sleeping.
Body temperature increases after a good work out session and having a bath for only about 3-4 minutes after a session can lower your body temperature significantly.
Abrupt changes in temperature are not good for health therefore, do not jump into your car or head straight to the shower in case you are feeling hot after a workout. Cooling down slowly after the work out can be much more beneficial.
Though you can work out before bed, it would be much better if you do not use your own bedroom for the purpose of exercising.
If you are working out before bed, take a deep and long breath once you have finished. This can help you in sleeping properly. Meditation can also support the same phenomenon because it lowers the level of adrenaline in the body.
In january 2017 I was start my conceiving treatment and three months continued the process but after some personal issue I was not continued the treatment and also did not informed about my personal issue and taking break for few months. Can I continue the treatment in november in the same hospital or search other one.
1. You must take vitamin c 500 mg three times a day.
2. You must prepare bottles of water mixed with glucose
Powder. This will stop the cravings.
3. You must drink at least 5 glasses of lemon, orange or
Cranberry juice. This will detox your body and mind by
Decreasing blood levels of nicotine.
4. You must take half a nutmeg, weighing 500 mg and crush
It into a powder with a food mixer. Add sugar and flavor to
This powder and keep chewing it whenever you need a
5. You must get a vicks inhaler and take a deep inhalation
Through both your nostrils until the craving goes away.
6. Find a bitter mouth wash. Listerine is the best. You must
Rinse your mouth the first thing in the morning. Smoking
Tastes horrible and unsmokable when you do this.
7. Keep up this personal treatment for 3 days.