Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Anand JayaramanYour feedback matters!
I have a daughter, two and a half years of age. She is suffering from Autism. Any suggestions for treatment? Please? Urgent!
I have body pain for last three days and some of fever what should I have to do give me some precautions.
Hi Dr please tell me any relation between marriage and physical and mental well being. I mean to say that if any person get married a little late as in a girl not even till 32. Would that be affect that person physically mentality or emotionally d most. please tell me I am very depressed. & I feel so alienated and lonely etc & I can't even discuss or share any such thing with anyone and nobody can help me in this regard I know.
Hi I am a sportsman n doing job in a bank. And I am suffering from social anxiety please help me how to overcome. It really effect on my overall personality n performance.
OCD or Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is an anxiety disorder, which can be indicated through obsession, having pervasive thoughts or thoughts, which may upset you, having certain compulsions, and practicing certain rituals, which may help to control or manage your obsessions. It is a disorder, which cannot be cured, but can be controlled with the help of treatment. Mostly, OCD is considered to be a lifelong disorder. It often circulates around the fear of germs or sickness and around keeping order and maintaining patterns. A person suffering from OCD can often be extremely annoying. Hence here are a few tips you can use to deal with OCD:
1. Understand OCD: The first step towards dealing with OCD is to know what you have to deal with. Gather as much information as you can about OCD and also read up about how you can overcome it. You need to know the symptoms of OCD so you can identify the disorder. Almost everyone suffers from OCD at one point of their lives. Hence, it is extremely important to understand OCD in order to treat it.
2. Work with your compulsions: Do not get petrified about your compulsions if you are planning to overcome your OCD, instead work with them. Try not to encourage their development. If you are worrying about whether you have switched of the lights, try and develop a mental picture of you doing it. If you are able to get a clear picture, then you have, otherwise you can go and switch it off. Another option is to maintain a list where you tick off the activity once you have done it so that you don't have to worry about it later on.
3. Maintain a journal: Maintaining a journal will help you curb your fears and negative thoughts. Write down all your obsessive thought and reflect on how they are affecting you and whether they are worth your worry or time. Gradually you will see that you are able to control these thoughts and will be able to push away any negativity which comes along with them.
4. Remind yourself about the good in you: Make this your regular practice. Do not undermine yourself, instead make yourself feel good. This will help you to get over the fact that you have done something wrong in your daily activities (like not turning the gas off when you actually have) and that wrong is going to harm people.
Chronic OCD will require therapy and medical assistance. Hence if you are able to detect the signs at an early level and are able to adopt the above measures to control it, then going to a doctor might not be necessary.
When I concentrate for 5 to 10 min on anything like, most during study, in exams, even in Lectures After 5 to 10 min suddenly I feel at my back of the head a pain but nt exactly pain that is different from pain like when we set for a long time then suddenly feel my leg got something like jhun jhun similarly that happens to me when I concentrate for some time. Due to this headache sometime I had black out also. I had to loos my concentration and get relax to get normal. I don't know what to do, please help me say.
doctor. My marriage has been three years and I am very upset from my wife's childish behavior. Before the wedding , when we spoke on the phone . Then I thought she is a good girl and the happiness will fill my life. But after the wedding, the opposite result outcome. On the other side I was very frustrated by the pressure of my private job. Cause to messy management and long time exploiting I quit the job. Then I decided to open a small garment shop. B ut cause to lack of money. I discus with my wife to sell our gold jewellery but she did not support me and create an drama in the house. Now I am jobless 7 months ago. And I 'm drowning in debt for house running costs. I faced lot of interviews but no getting response. Due to all this, I hate my wife. I don't like to be with her at all. In these days I feels so lonely, helpless, depressed and totally lost. My self respect also lost in my all relative and wife's relatives. Day by day I 'm sinking in the dark. Just a few days ago I had decided to commit suicide . But I have avoided death . I do not think I 'll be able to put more time and death. Doctor please tell me how to make adjust in this situation and make also good tone between personal life and professional life.
I lost somebody close last year and since then fell very depressed and prefer keeping to my self all the time. Please help me.
What does it mean that" I was talking something (can't remember what I have talked" in my dream at night?
My symptoms in the body seems I am in the early stage of parkinson disease. Is there anything I can do to stop it to become more? Please help.
I am 28 years of male suffering from anxiety since 8 months. Please its a request to you to please describe how long I can face these symptoms like lightheaded, emotionally numb, feeling all things unreal besides me and feeling that you am not inside my body (depersonalisation. Thankx please reply I am in a huge problem.
Dementia is a disorder characterized by a decline in mental capabilities in a person. It is primarily caused by Alzheimer's disease but can also be caused by damage to the brain from an injury or a stroke. The cells of the brain fail to communicate with each other in dementia. People suffering from dementia have difficulties in taking part in regular activities as their mental functioning is impaired.
The major symptoms of dementia are problems in recalling, ineffective communication, inability to concentrate and impaired reasoning abilities. It may also affect the short-term memory of a person when he/she may be unable to keep track of his/her belongings. Dementia can be progressive where the symptoms gradually increase with age.
Some early symptoms of dementia are-
1. Mood changes - Excessive mood swings along with changes in personality are very common symptoms of dementia. For instance- a reserved person suddenly becoming very outgoing is a commonly observed change in cases of dementia.
2. Problems in completing routine tasks - If a person suddenly starts to face problems in doing routine work such as maintaining simple accounts and paying bills then it can early signs of dementia.
3. Confusion - When a person starts to get confused in remembering small details and recognizing faces, it could point towards dementia.
4. Repetition - Dementia causes people to repeat words they have just said as the short term memory gets impaired. It also causes people to repeat small tasks a multiple number of times.
5. Losing interest - A person may start to lose interest in regular activities and avoid them altogether. They may appear devoid of emotions and not engage socially.
6. Communication - People fail to communicate effectively as they may be unable to express their thoughts clearly. They may also fail to understand when others communicate with them.
7. Impaired sense of direction - A person may fail to recognize places and wander around. He/she will face problems in going to places or in remembering places. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
I sometimes feel acute pain in my head at the sides and at back. My eyesight is not weak. I am not able to study properly. What can be the reason?
I am 19 year old male I had panic attack around 4 months ago .I had heart palpitations at that time and suddenly it feels like it stopped beating and the fear leads to my 1st panic attack. But after that it become a cycle of fear of death. I don't know how to get out of it. I had fear of death when I was around 10 but then I knew that it will happen after 60-70 years after but in now it feels like I am going to die everyday. And the old child anxiety of death is dragging me with more effective force. What to do?
I'm 18 years old boy. I am not able to concentrate. My mind always gets disturbed. What should I do to get rid of it. Please help me.
01. Disturbance in the memory 02. Wants to do things in a hurry 03. Strange ideas and notions along With fears come into my mind 04. Looking forward to times when I am Nervous 05. Thinks understanding will and Must fail 06. Fear of death 07. Sadness, confusion and melancholy 08. Faintish and unsteady And also situation make worse in hot weather I have these problem. What is that type problems. please tell me some medicine.
Managing stress during examination is very important to have focus in studies as well in focussing into that moment without any destruction or any external or internal interruption. Following few tips can be followed in order to attain success.
1. Focussing only one thing at a time
2. Avoid repiting the mistakes and learn from the past
3. Avoid unnecessary anxiety
4. Plan the work accordingly
5. Practice the art of leaving the rest, and so on negative thoughts or thinking
6. Eat right kind of balanced diet with fruits and vegetables
7. Do breathing exercises regularly not only during exam time as it strengthens the mind and relieves stress
8. Control social media as it should not control
9. Play therapy like physical activity in stipulated time regularly
10. Engaging with useful natural outlook regularly to avoid boredom