Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Anand DothilalYour feedback matters!
I am losing weight from last 4 months and also having trouble in my stomach like digestion and ache. I consulted to doctors but result is not satisfactory. Plzzz help.
To reduce cough which medicine should be used, and to reduce ody tumors in stomach which medicine should be used.
I'm 21, years old. My heartbeats skip for one second. This problem does two or three time in week. This time I feel tired and feel gastric in stomach. What is the reason. My echo cardiograph and lipid profile are normal. And kya ye serious problem hai.
I suffered from lose motion 9-10 days ago and I took O2 medicine 6 nos. For 3 days. After that I became normal. Again today early morning suddenly I started suffering from irregular deification urge. I took a tablet for gas problem. 6-7 times already gone so far. But stool is normal in texture & colour. What should I do if it continues further?
Hi doctor before I have h. Plyori weak positive and I taken medicine after 45 days now my result is negative (2.52) so doctor this is cure or still have pylori.
This is a disease that affects the large intestine and the rectum. The Ulcerative Colitis refers to the inflammation in the innermost lining of the large intestine. The main function of the large intestine is to absorb water from indigestible food matter in the body before throwing away any waste. Hence, the large intestine is a vital part of our body. If left untreated, the disease increases risk of colon cancer.
- Diarrhea with blood or pus: A person suffering from Ulcerative Colitis is likely to suffer from loose stools accompanied with blood or pus.
- Stomach pain and Cramping: In many cases, patients complain of severe stomach pain and cramping.
- Rectal pain: At times, many patients feel pain while sitting or even after a bowel movement.
- Bleeding from the rectum: Bleeding can be observed while passing stools.
This disease can be diagnosed by several methods. A simple stool test may be done to check out for bacteria and parasites. A blood test to check the level of C-reactive protein helps determine the inflation rate of the body. Endoscopy, colonoscopy, biopsy are some other methods of diagnosis.
- Oral medication: Treatment involves drug therapy or surgery. The first step in treating Ulcerative Colitis will be an intake of anti-inflammatory drugs, but these may have a side effect. Another option is immune system suppressors, which help to bring down the inflammation by suppressing the immune system response. Antibiotics, anti-diarrheal medications, pain relievers are some of the additional drug supplements recommended by doctors.
- Surgery: Surgery plays an important role because this disease is pre-malignant in nature. Depending on the severity of the condition, the medical practitioner may advice surgery. The common methods of surgery are:
- Proctocolectomy and Ileostomy: Proctocolectomy involves removal of the colon in part or whole. Ileostomy is carried out by placing a special bag in the small intestine to collect waste from the body.
- Proctocolectomy and Ileo-anal: Ileo-anal pouch is a bag directly created the small intestine and connected to the anus, for diffusing the stools. As colon is removed Ulcerative Colitis cannot re-occur.
Precautions after surgery
It is very important that the patient takes healthy, sufficient and nutritious food so that bowel movement can be carried out with ease and zero strain. The patient has to restrict lifting of heavy grocery, mowing the lawn, any physical activity that can strain the abdomen and related areas. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.