Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Afroz AhmedYour feedback matters!
Symptoms of Heart Attack
Hello! Good day, I’m Dr. Balaji. I’m a cardiologist, practicing at city of Hyderabad. Today I’m going to briefly educate you about the Chest pain.
Chest pain is one of the commonest symptoms that I keep seeing in my daily OPD. Different spectrum of age groups come to me with chest pain from very small children to the elderly people. People are very confused about the origin of chest pain, what I mean, if it any kind of chest pain any place in the body they think it’s something to do with the heart, they’re going to get a heart attack, it’s going to be a serious, life threatening condition and few of them come with a stricken of panic that they are going to collapse. Fortunately all chest pains are not heart pains and then today we are going to learn which kinds of pains are heart pains, which are not. When we need not go to a doctor, when we can just relax, when we need not get panicky and then probably we can also assure our friends, colleagues, family members if they have chest pain by gaining knowledge form this lecture.
See, once we have chest cage, the chest cage basically contains what? We have a skin, we have a hard tissue below that, we have a rib cage, we have a sternum, a vertical bone in the middle and we have nerves, we have arteries, we have lung tissue. We have lung tissue on either side and we have heart in middle and we have some blood valves coming from these. So, let us go one by one. Heart we know is important organ which gives pumping the blood all through our day and night and then the heart itself should get blood supply from arteries, these are called as coronary arteries. When these coronary are flowing and supplying the blood to the heart muscle then only the heart keeps pumping effectively without any pain.
So, let us just go to the, what are the causes of chest pain? What cause chest pain? The first thing I’ve said is the muscle symptoms. So, we know that the chest wall is made of muscles and when these muscles become sore, when they become sprained, strained. When you life a weight or you know you have some kind of trauma tissue, you joined the gym or you lie down on the bed and particularly in a bad posture you can get some kind of pain. So if somebody gets chest pain probably during these activities we think it is a muscle pain, one need not be panicky, it’s not heart pain. Okay!
The second pain is joint pains, what is called costochondritis. This is one of the very common pains in the practice. This middle bone this is called the breast bone or sternum hinges at the ribs through a joint. That’s how when we breathe, when we breathe our rib cage moves because our hinges have joints. So, this is called as costochondritis. This costochondritis is nothing but a joint inflammation. You see that red spots, these are the inflammations. That means if there is an inflammation in these joints you’ll have pain, the pains are localized, there are in the area not more than fingertip. They increase with pushing or pressing the chest and also they increase with deep breathing. So, if these kinds of pains are there, this can be because of the viral illnesses, there are innumerable, unknown causes of these kinds of problems. Pushing the weights, lifting heavy weights, this can also cause these symptoms. So, don’t worry, these are not heart pains.
The other problems now-a-days we’re seeing more with the software professionals, the persons who works systems, the persons who sit and do a job like clerical jobs, is spondylosis pain. You know this is the spine, you know we have a spine, which comes from, goes up to the coccyx. This is the spine which is a series of a bones arranged one above other like boxes and from between these boxes you’ll get the nerves. These nerves supply the chest in a manner where each nerve supplies a specific area for example these are the different colours you are seeing in this diagram. These are supplied by different nerve roots so each nerve root supplies an area of the chest. So, when these kinds of nerve roots gets compressed for example c5, c6 nerve root gets compressed you’ll feel pain along the hand. So, many of the patients come with, you know these software professional come with the pain that just goes along the hand. So this pain and we know by convention that you know that heart pains can go to the hands and is a popular belief even though there is no complete truth in it that heart pain always goes to the hand.
Most of times somebody complains about only pain in the hand especially in the neck, especially here in this region, this is basically a nerve root compression because of cervical spondylosis. As you see this, as I’ve said the spine is a series of boxes of bone, from in between the nerve roots come. When they get compressed you feel this pain along the hand and also sometimes in the upper chest and also in the neck. If this series of nerves gets compressed they can have pain all around, and sometimes this pain can also goes to the chest and this causes confusion whether some heart pain is there, but this is not the heart pains. Please make sure that no, these kinds of pains are not heart pains and these kinds of pain does not cause a heart attack.
You see this, in these cervical spondylosis where does the pain go? See in this man the pain goes to the clavicle, this collar bone, it goes to the shoulder. It also can go along the chest. So, the pain can go all along left upper limb, sometimes right upper limb and maybe there, only in the shoulders not into the chest or to the hands or maybe go little down to the arms. These are all cervical spondylosis pains, nerve root pains not heart pains. One need not be worried about this kind of a pain.
Her age is 52 approx, she has dry cough (khansi) since 2 months. She has been taking syrup, already took antibiotics but no improvement. It gets worse at night. please suggest me good medicine or guide me. Best regards.
I am 20 year old male and I can't tolerate the headache if I got much sunlight on head. It will even happens if I didn't take breakfast. Iam not able to open my eyes during the headache time.
Hii I am 21years old male. I try to sex with my partner at first tym. But she was scared that if any problems were showed after sex soo please hlep as what should we both do for a scurly completing aver first tym sex before getting marriage. Thanks.
I am 20 years old I have a regular sore throat even and then and one year before once I got hurt on my leg and had stitches on it It became completely well BT nowadays it pains when I walk or do anything.
I have been smoking since 2 years. and I have pain in my chest. Should I go for cancer test, please reply ?
Hello doctor. I am 23 years old. And my penis is getting bigger day by day. Now the size of my penis is about 7 inches. It was 5.8 inch before 6 months. Is this any problem or its normal condition of my penis.
My son is suffering from Tonsillitis, all the tests have gone through and doctor suggested to go for a surgery to remove those, is there any other source in Ayurveda/Homeopathy without having a surgery to reduce Tonsils. Please suggest, Thanks.
When indigestion problem occurs what medicine should we take. Now I am down with fever due to stomach upset. Have chronic headache. Please suggest medication.
Hello sir, I have cold since last week. Though I took tablets for it, I'm still not recovered. What tablets do you suggest? Please tell me.
I have pain in my body from last two days and I am taking painkiller, what shall I do? Please advise.
Yoga literally means ‘union’ and it focuses on harmonizing the mind and body by tackling issues like stress. Stress has a debilitating effect on not only self image but also on a person’s libido. Thus, yoga can indirectly bring back a spark to your love life and boost your libido. Here are 6 yoga poses for better sex.
- The Cat stretch: This yoga asana helps strengthen Kegel muscles. Place both your knees and palms on the floor and hips directly above your knees. Inhale while raising your chin, chest and tailbone and arching your back downwards. As you do this, compress your buttocks. Hold your breath for a few second and exhale. As you exhale, arch your back upwards and relax your buttocks.
- The Wide legged Straddle: This exercise boosts libido by increasing blood flow to the pelvic area by stretching the inner thighs. Sit upright on the floor with your legs spread as far apart as possible and toes pointed upwards. Hold your knees. While keeping your back straight try taking your palms closer to your ankles. Stop whenever you feel your hamstrings stretch. Hold your breath and extend your chest downwards as far as possible.
- The Eagle: This pose enhances blood flow into the cervix. To practice this asana stand upright and bend the left knee while wrapping the calf with your right calf and foot. Lower your buttocks till you are almost in a sitting position and tuck in your tailbone. Simultaneously cross your left arm over the right at the elbow and wrap the fore arms around each other till your palms face each other. Lift your arms upwards and hold the position for as long as possible before releasing. Repeat with the other leg.
- The bridge: This position flexes and stretches the hips while toning the vaginal muscles to boost orgasms. Lie on your back and bring your feet 5 inches below your buttocks while bending your knees. Inhale and raise your hips upwards with your palms face down by your side. Hold for 10 seconds and lower your hips while exhaling.
- Bound Angle: This asana opens the hips raises the temperature of thee groin area. Begin by witting upright with your legs outstretched in front of you. Bend your knees outwards and bring your soles together so that they are facing each other. Hold your ankles and try lowering your knees to the ground as far as possible.
- The cobra pose: This is an energizing asana. Lie on your stomach with palms face down below your ribs. Stretch your legs out with the top of your foot pressing against the ground. Lift your chest off the floor and hold for 10 seconds before releasing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.