Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Adithya AcharyaYour feedback matters!
Mild Pain in the area where neck and jaw joins below the ear. Had cold and throat pain two days back. Now no throat pain. Only pain in that area. Kindly suggest any home remedies.
I am having fat on my tummy and want to lose that in most natural way like choosing a proper diet Please suggest appropriate meals and types of meal based on time of the day Also since am a software guy I usually spend day sitting in front of laptop Very less physical activity Married for past 5 years Big athlete and soccer player in colg days with a weight of 63 kgs.
Hi, I am baby 23 years old. I suffer from acne and pimple due to this problem my skin become dark and patchy. I want clear skin and fairness. please suggest me daily regime.
I am 24 year height 163 cm and weight 55 kg, I want increase my body weight and height so please suggest me.
I have stomach pain few month I have check up nearby her doctor but I have no relief I have scanning my stomach but all report are normal please advise.
My mother is 43 years old and her ultrasonography report of whole abdomen says an ill defined SOL (5.16x3. 23 cm) is noted in posterior uterine wall-may be? Fibroid and a dominant follicle/follicular cyst (2.16x1. 97 cm) is noted in left ovary. Also as compared to her 2010 USG reports, enlarged uterus and ovary has been resorted. Kindly help.
My mother is suffer from headache. She is feeling very warm. Even its too cold. She has lost the appetite. She had an argument with someone few days back. She has sewer headache. Please help.
I am suffering from tinea from 2 months. I used terbinafine 250 mg for 14 days and also use caladryl lotion but didn't got well.
I have been suffering from depression for more than 5 years. I have been jobless for more than one year. I lost interest in earning, sitting idle at home. I have received good job offer but hardly get any motivation to attend interview. I am now financially totally ruined. My age is 41. Pls. Help me.
Sir, I am 30 yrs old man. I have gas problem since 6 years. I take alopthay and homeopathy medicine but I am not cure and some heart burnt problem occurs to me due to gas. Kindly suggests me.
Dr. I actually have problem of obesity. I tried so many things but everything fails. Diet control is not helping me. I have done USG n thyroid test and everything is normal. Please help me.
I am 35 years old and diagnosed with endometriosis and unhealthy fallopian tubes. My doctor has advised IVF. Please advise.
Festivals without sweets are unheard of in India. Think of Diwali and you’re sure to conjure visions of ‘mithai’, dried fruits and ‘laddus’. These sweetmeats are rich not only in taste, but also in calories. This makes festival food a big problem for weight management. Thankfully, there are ways to have a sweet celebration without putting on excess weight.
Here are a few tips.
- Eat in moderation: It is impossible to completely avoid sweets during this festive season. However, you can keep a check on the amount you eat. Limit yourself to one or two pieces of mithai instead of gorging on them. Avoid second helping of sweets at all costs.
- Pick your sweets carefully: Not all sweets have the same calorific value. Sweets that are deep fried such as gulab jamuns have a higher calorific value than rasgullas. Similarly homemade sweets are usually much lower in fat content than store bought ones. If you are making sweets at home, try replacing the sugar with jaggery to lower the fat content. Eating dry fruits over sweets can also help minimize your calorie intake.
- Do not skip your meals: Eating heavy sweets may make you want to skip your regular meals, but this is a terrible idea. Do not miss out on your regular servings of fruits, vegetables and carbs. Do not replace your normal meals with snacks and dried fruits. If necessary, lower your portion size and have a light soup for dinner instead of your regular meal.
- Avoid sweet drinks: Since you cannot avoid eating sugar, skip drinking sugar. Avoid sweetened drinks such as colas and processed juices. Instead, pick light drinks such as buttermilk, lemonade and jaljeera. Green tea is also a good option during Diwali. If possible, avoid alcohol.
- Stay hydrated: When eating such rich and heavy food, it is important to drink plenty of water through the day. This keeps the body hydrated and helps flush toxins from the body. Drinking water also reduces the urge to snack and can help keep a control over your food intake.
- Eat mindfully: Chew your food and mithai slowly while eating. This will ensure that you thoroughly enjoy it and will keep you satiated for longer. Avoid eating on the go. Mindful eating also reduces the urge to snack excessively and hence controls your food intake.
- Exercise: Do not make Diwali an excuse to not exercise. Set aside half an hour at the beginning of the day to exercise and kick start your metabolism. Breathing exercises such as Pranayam and anulom vilom can also help clear your respiratory passages and help prevent problems sue to the pollutants in the air.