Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Nadi Pariksha Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Scar Revision Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Kerala Massage Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Adis Bengaluru Panchakarma CentreYour feedback matters!
There are many food items which would become stale after a few hours, but there are certain foods which may last forever without the need to can them or freeze or dehydrate. If an individual is new to the field of food storage, these staples can be an excellent way to begin.
- White rice: There are numerous researchers who have found that polished or white rice keeps up their nutrient content and flavour for almost 30 years if it can be stored in oxygen-free containers in temperatures that range below 40 degrees Fahrenheit. Brown rice, on the other hand, doesn’t last more than six months owing to the availability of natural oils in the bran layer.
- Honey: Honey is preferably the only food that would last forever due to the perfect chemistry and the handiwork of the bees. The nectar extracted from the flower gets mixed with the enzymes present in the bees’ bodies which alter the composition of the nectar. The nectar is further broken down into simple sugars and is accumulated in the honeycombs. The processing, as well as sealing of the honey, is primarily responsible for the incredible shelf life.
- Salt: Since sodium chloride is a mineral which is taken from the natural components of the earth, its shelf-life should come as a natural consequence. It is used for centuries as a means of preserving other food products as it can extract out all the moisture. But this doesn’t indicate that the table salt would last forever. Experts say that the addition of the iodine to the table salt reduces the shelf life of the salt which means that if the label says that it is an iodized salt, it will not last over five years.
- Soy sauce: When left unopened, a container filled with soya sauce would last for a significantly long period. But it is also dependent on the type of soy sauce and the additives used. Even if the soy sauce has been opened, this salty condiment will last for many years if stored in the refrigerator.
- Sugar: Quite similar to many items, the storage process of the sugar determines whether the sugar is going to last for long or not. Granulated and powdered sugar must be kept under an airtight condition to steer clear of moisture. Although retailers are needed to provide the manufacturing dates of the sugar, manufacturers say that the sugar remains edible even if it has hardened and become brown.
- Pure maple syrup: Pure maple syrup, as well as commercial sugars such as granular sugars and honey, has an irresistible life owing to its shield against any kinds of microbial growth. Unopened maple syrup shall last forever, and in case there is the formation of mould, boiling it to a certain degree and skimming the surface and ultimately pouring it to a clean and air-tight container would eliminate all the problems.
- Clarified butter: This kind of butter is boiled unless the total moisture is extracted, which is the reason that it doesn’t go bad. As long as the clarified butter or ghee is stored in sealed container under cool temperature, it would last for about 100 years. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
The medication that we usually take is composed of varied kinds of chemicals; these medicines cure all sorts of ailments, given that with every passing day, a new breakthrough in the field of medicine takes place. While the medication cures most of our ailments, they can also cause side effects.
Principles of Homeopathy-
Homeopathy is based on two major principles. Firstly, the medication is based on the principle that substances inducing certain symptoms in healthy individuals are the ones that can cure the same symptoms in a diseased individual. Another important principle is that, only a little amount of medication is required to trigger the healing process in our body. Hence the major advantage of homeopathy is that it cures the disorders and has no side effects. Homeopathy offers the perfect and natural medications to heal our bodies from various ailments.
However, the disadvantage of this kind of medication is that it is a slow and steady process, and the healing process takes time. However, like any other medication, there are certain precautions that should be taken.
Precautions to be taken while on a homeopathic treatment-
While on homeopathic medication, it is advised to avoid having, tea, coffee, aerated drinks, or using medicated soaps, strong scented hair oils, toothpastes or tooth powders.
Also, having onion, garlic, pickles, radish may render the treatment useless.
One should avoid medicinal herbs, castor oil and other saline purgatives.
Strictly avoid touching the homeopathic medicines; do not take onto your palm before taking it, as handling of medicines reduces the potency of the medicines. It also spoils the medicines by exposing it to unhygienic conditions. Always take the medicines by using the cap of the medicine bottle or a plain paper. If you are going to use a paper then see to it that it does not contain any print. As ink can also spoil the medicine.
It is useful to avoid milk and milk products for the medication to be effective. If these precautions are not taken, individuals might end up having diabetes, kidney problems, and high blood pressure in the long run.
It is advised not to skip meals while on homeopathy medications. Individuals should at least eat fruits like bananas and oranges.
Doctors suggest that when individuals start feeling better after the course of the treatment, the dose should be stopped.
Food should not be eaten in a 30-minute span before and after taking the medicine.
Another important precaution is not to keep the medicines in the open. They should be kept in a cool place and should be concealed.
All sorts of addictions should be avoided.
According to Ayurveda, skin problems arise due to imbalance in the tridoshas, which is vata, pitta and kapha. People having a vata constitution are the ones who possess dry and dull skin. While a healthy diet is necessary for a beautiful skin, here are some natural herbs that are considered excellent for keeping the skin clean and clear.
- Sandalwood: Sandalwood or chandan is a very useful Ayurvedic herb which helps in skin lightening. It is generally used in the treatment of several skin conditions such as acne, scrapes, blemishes, rashes and many others. It is a good remedy for itchy skin. Sandalwood leaves a cooling effect on the skin after external application. It also calms the body after exposure to the sun. Sandalwood powder can be used in the form of a lotion, soap or paste meant for hydrating and cleansing the skin.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is renowned for its blood purifying properties and gives a natural glow to the skin along with enhanced radiance. Turmeric consists of anti ageing and antibacterial properties and is used in cases of several skin diseases. Turmeric helps in reducing acne, blemishes, pigmentation and skin inflammation. It helps in slowing down the ageing process of the skin. You can apply turmeric paste on your face in the form of a facial.
- Aloe Vera: This herb is commonly used in beauty products. It has anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and cooling properties and is an ideal herb for skin care. Aloe Vera treats skin conditions such as pimples, acne, burns, infections, rashes, allergies, blisters, insect bites and dry skin. Aloe Vera gel provides skin protection and helps in cooling, which reduces any inflammation. Sunburns are also treated by this wonderful herb.
- Saffron or Kesar: This herb is a very effective skin whitening agent and can be used along with olive oil for the purpose of lightening the skin. Kesar can also be applied to the skin by mixing it with milk and olive oil.
- Kumkumadi Oil: This oil is very useful for making skin fairer. This oil is made by the combination of sixteen Ayurvedic ingredients and also helps in removal of marks and prevents skin tanning. This oil can be applied to the skin directly.
- Cucumber: Cucumber is an ideal skin coolant and also contains antiseptic properties. It provides great skin nourishment. Having anti ageing properties, it makes you look younger and treats fine lines and wrinkles as well.
- Basil: Basil or tulsi has antiseptic properties, acts as a natural astringent and makes the skin fresh.
Though some foods do not expire, but it is advisable not to consume certain foods once they have expired.
- Eggs: Eggs contain large amounts of nutrients per calorie. They are a cheap and tasty source of protein. It is no big surprise that they have turned into a breakfast staple; yet in case that you are eating an egg that is past its expiry date, do reconsider. These are the most widely recognized reasons for food-borne illnesses.
- Meat: Bacteria are common in both pre-packaged meats, and in the pieces you take from your butcher at the market. The listeria bacteria are especially hazardous, as the type of harm it causes can be lethal in most of the cases. From a general outlook, it is best to avoid processed meat.
- Mixed greens: Mixed greens including spinach, arugula, spring blend, bundled plate of mixed greens lettuce and other veggies do not keep extremely well after their due date. So if their withered appearance and disgusting covering does not turn you off, think about the bacteria and pathogens hiding underneath your sandwich bread.
- Hay sprouts: It is important that you use them rapidly once you get them, since they tend to be bacteria magnets. Truth be told, hay pulls in a greater number of germs than other vegetables, particularly in case you abandon them unrefrigerated.
- Clams/oysters: Bad oysters can be fatal. This is based on the type of microscopic organisms that develop in spoiled oysters. It is known as V. vulnificus. It causes an extreme type of food poisoning. V. vulnificus bacteria affects the circulatory system, sending the body into a septic shock.
- Shrimp: Much like clams and shellfish, shrimps are extremely inclined to bacterial contaminations. It is not to be consumed after a while since it can lead to food poisoning or diarrhea.
- Crude ground beef: E. coli bacteria are the most basic reason for food poisoning. These bacteria originate from the animal’s digestive systems and are available in all hamburger items. In case that the hamburger is prepared and taken care of securely, it will not turn into a problem.
- Berries: When berries turn sour, they pull in extensive amounts of cyclospora, a kind of bacteria that leads to food poisoning. While this sort of food poisoning is not as harmful as some others, it is something you definitely need to stay away from.
- Soft cheese: With hard cheeses, similar to cheddar, it is regularly safe to remove the external edges and eat the soft cheese underneath. However, this practice does not reach out to soft cheeses, similar to brie. In case you are discovering mold on the edges of your soft cheese, do not eat it. You may end up with an infection.
- Chicken: Poultry items, including chicken tend to cause the maximum harm in case that they are not taken care of and cooked properly. Undercooked and old chicken can be very unsafe for health.
Eating right not only keeps you healthy but can also make you look prettier and give you clearer skin. Given that the skin is the largest organ in the human body, it is where deficiencies are most noticeable. Here are a few foods that can enhance your looks.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is packed with proteins and amino acids that help repair skin cells and keep your skin looking fresh. Amino acids also help banish dark circles that may appear after a long night.
- Kidney beans: Kidney beans and legumes are packed with proteins that help repair cell damage caused by free radicals. They also help break down amino acids that can then boost collagen production and help in the repair and regeneration of skin cells.
- Pomegranates: These fruits are rich sources of anti-oxidants and help get rid of toxins from the body. They are also responsible for increasing the body’s production of collagen. By boosting collagen levels, pomegranates help slow down the aging process.
- Avocados: This green fruit can be both eaten and applied on the face to benefit from it. It is a rich source of biotin that helps prevent brittle nails and hair and keeps skin well moisturized. When applied as a face mask, avocados can also hydrate parched skin.
- Green tea: Green tea is rich in polyphenols that help eradicate free radicals from the body and slow down the aging process. It’s anti-oxidant properties also keep skin elastic and prevent sagging, fine lines, wrinkles and heal the damage caused by sunspots.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes are rich in lycopene and are considered to be a high carotenoid fruit which helps prevents sunburn and relieves the damage caused by excessive exposure to the sun. Tomatoes can also slow down the cellular damage caused by free radicals.
- Salmon: Salmon is packed with Omega-3 fatty acids that help fight stress and the effects of stress. The astaxanthin present in salmon improves the elasticity of skin thus keeping it firm and preventing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Walnuts: For vegetarians, walnuts are an excellent alternative to salmon. They are rich in omega 3 fatty acids that helps keep the skin looking youthful and add shine to your hair.
- Water: Hydrating the skin from inside and outside is essential. Water helps the skin maintain its tautness and elasticity and prevents drying and premature signs of aging. Water also helps transport essential nutrients to the skin. Apart from drinking water it is also beneficial to eat foods with a high water content such as cucumbers and watermelon to benefit from the hydrating properties of water.
- Oysters: Oysters are rich in zinc that helps regulate oil production in the skin. In turn this makes the skin less prone to acne breakouts and other such skin irregularities.
Your eyes are one of the most important sense organs, which help in perceiving up to 80 percent of all major impressions. All your important daily activity like reading, internet surfing, driving etc are done with the help of your eyes. You should never take your eyes for granted. There are many ways in which you can take care of your eyes to ensure that you see and experience the world at its very best.
- Quit Smoking: Smoking makes you vulnerable to a majority of health related problems. When it comes to the health of your eyes, smoking can place you at a risk of uveitis (inflammation of the middle layer of your eye which includes ciliary body, iris and choroid) and cataracts (clouding of the lens in your eyes leading to a blurry vision).
- Wear sunglasses: Proper sunglasses can protect you from the harmful ultra violet (UV) rays of the sun. You should still use sunglasses even if your contact lenses offer UV protection. Too much of UV rays can cause pingeucula (yellow bump on the eyeball) and other serious eye problems. Polarized lenses can help to give your eyes proper protection while driving.
- Screen time: Minimize the amount of time staring at the computer screen as it can cause
- Eye strain
- Dry eyes
- Head ache
- Back and shoulder pain
- Anti- Glare: Use an anti-glare screen on your computer at work so that the strain and pressure on your eyes are less.
- Regular exercise: Exercise such as walking can prevent degeneration of the macula (present in the center of the retina in your eyes) which typically occurs by the time you reach the age of 60.
- Don't Ignore: You should look at changes in your vision as an early warning sign. The changes would include difficulty to see in low light, hazy and double vision, along with abnormal swelling and severe pain in your eyes.
You should visit your eye doctor for check ups at least once every two years. Eye diseases like diabetic retinopathy have no early warning symptoms and can only be diagnosed through a comprehensive eye exam. You should also ensure that the prescription for your contact lenses and eye glasses are up to date.
Do you know that cholesterol is found in baby formula and has got some surprising facts about them? Cholesterol is a waxy, fat like substance which is present in all your cells, and your body’s cholesterol level says a lot about the health of your heart in the future. Having high cholesterol increases your risk of acquiring heart diseases and hence, you should try to maintain a normal cholesterol level.
Here are some surprising facts about cholesterol, which you should know about:
- You cannot live without cholesterol: We are born with cholesterol in our bodies and infants get more cholesterol from mother’s milk. This is why cholesterol is added to baby formula. All the hormones and cells of your body need cholesterol for proper functioning. It also builds the cells and helps the liver to prepare fat processing acids.
- One out of three adults have high cholesterol: It is important for all people above the age of 20 to get a cholesterol checkup every five years. According to studies, around 32% of adults in the USA have got high cholesterol levels. Your cholesterol levels may also be affected by factors such as your diet and stress.
- High cholesterol can be genetic: Genetics is a major influencing factor in high cholesterol levels. Research has proven that almost 75% of high cholesterol cases are genetic in nature while 25% occur because of diet.
- Children can have high cholesterol as well: There is a common misconception that high cholesterol is an issue involving adults only. However, children may also have high cholesterol and it is recommended for you to get your child tested at an early age. For children who are obese and have a family history of heart attacks and high cholesterol, a selective screening is important.
- Sweating raises the levels of good cholesterol: Sweating is good for increasing the levels of good cholesterol in your body. You should follow a healthy diet including food items like avocado and salmon. Working out is also important for raising your HDL levels, which prevent heart disease.
- Supplements may help in lowering cholesterol levels: The first option for controlling your cholesterol levels is to work out regularly. If you are at a risk of heart attack or have hypercholesterolemia, you have to bank on supplements such as plant stanols and sterols. You can also take cholesterol reducing medications such as statins.
Earlier, the medical community was reserved about prescribing cholesterol lowering medicines and they were given only to critical heart patients. In modern day, statin treatment is recommended to people who have even little chances of heart attacks or stroke.
My daughter 7 years old, has rashes all over her body. Took citizen syrup, betnesol,Omna cortil and atarax tab, but still she has not been recovered. We applied dermadew location also however she is still have rashes from past one month. please suggest ASAP.
I have a baldness pattern of hair in front side. My friend recommend me minoxidil. I would like to ask whether is it safe to use it. Which sol % (5% or 10%)should I go for? I don't have any allergy and medication.
Hello, I am 28 years old and its been 6 months for my marriage now. I have 2 questions to be answered 1) irregular periods since maturity (i get my periods once in 2 months or 3 months and the flow is normal with the stomach pain for 2 days) so if I have to conceive what do I need to do? 2) since I have sinus problem from past 12 to 15 years I use nasal drops named naselin. And I am addicted to it completely cannot survive/breathe without it. So, if I plan to conceive wil that effect the baby in the womb? Or is there any alternative for this? Please help!
Hello doctors What the symptoms is this? I feel like my body is warm like fever but no fever and mostly time my heads pains and feel stiffness and tired ness in body and feel soreness in throat and now feel pain in throat in end where collar bones join while drinking eating.
I am suffering from obesity. I want to loose my weight .give me a strict diet plan and exercises to loose weight in less time.
Hello, I am having a bit dizziness and a slight stomach and chest pain. When I eat something my stomach gets very tight. I did one vomit last night and having loose motion too. Can you please suggest correct guidelines. Thanks.
Hey I am 19 years old and have put on some extra weight. Can you please help me in giving a good veg diet plan and some exercises? If I notice the changes then I will surely continue with the plan.
Dear sir/Mam, I am 23 years old. My height is 160 CM. May I have a chance to increase my height. Or not. I have searched a lot in internet, I got mixed answers. Kindly clarify me is there any chance to increase my height. If it is possible kindly give me a suggestion. Thanks.
Even I brush two times a day there is problems in my teeth. They are becoming yellow and some blackish. Please suggest me some remedy. I don't know the reason.
Hai sir My hair colour is changing Black hair come to brown hair and little white hair coming and inner white hair come just one month changing My age just 29 What can I do.
Baba Ramdeo kahte h ki kabhi bhi frig ka pani nhi pina chahiye. Hamesa gunguna garam pani hi pina chahiye taki fat na ho. To kya garmi me ham cold drinks dukano se kharid kar na piye. Bahut garmi me to frig ka pani piye bagair raha hi nhi gata.
Sesame seeds are considered as the oldest oilseed crops in the world. They are derived from the plant of Sesamum genus. Though minuscule in comparison to other seeds, they are extremely beneficial for your health. They are very useful in the prevention of diabetes, lower blood pressure, and are also known to prevent a wide variety of cancers. In addition, sesame seeds are extremely useful for boosting the respiratory health, building strong bones, improving blood circulation, cleansing the body and in the elimination of depression and chronic stress.
They can be added as a natural ingredient in our day to day cooking and can be used in a wide variety of applications. Sesame seeds are rich in vitamins, minerals, and natural oils. They are also loaded with natural organic compounds such as iron, magnesium, phosphorous, manganese, copper, zinc, protein, and tryptophan. Let us have a look at some of the health benefits of the sesame seeds.
- Blood pressure: One of the primary uses of adding sesame seeds to our diet is their ability to control blood pressure. They are loaded with magnesium that aids in the prevention of hypertension, and thus can be very beneficial in keeping the blood pressure conditions under check.
- Cancer prevention: Sesame seeds are also enriched with natural antioxidants that help in cleansing the body. This criterion benefits us in the fight against cancer. Sesame seeds also do have essential vitamins and minerals that reduce the risk of cancer drastically. They also restrict the circulation of free radicals. Some of the leukemia types that can be prevented when using sesame seeds include breast, lung, pancreatic, colon, and prostate cancers.
- Bone health: Sesame seeds are loaded with impressive levels of minerals such as zinc, calcium, and phosphorous. These are essential in strengthening and repairing the bones.
- Digestion: Sesame seeds contain natural fiber and hence form a strong element in metabolism. They are also very beneficial for removing the symptoms of constipation and keeps the condition of diarrhea in check. Fiber scraps out the harmful cholesterol from our body. Indirectly, they are beneficial to your heart and prevents heart ailment such as strokes and cardiovascular diseases.
- Oral health: Sesame seeds have a strong presence of antibacterial properties within them. Due to this reason, they are best used in the treatment of mouth ulcers and gum problems. Adding sesame seeds to warm water and squishing inside the mouth can act as a natural mouth cleanser.
- Skin and hair health: Sesame seeds have rich sources of zinc, a vital component that helps in the formation of collagen, an ingredient used to strengthen the muscle tissue, hair, and skin. They are also known to be part of many face packs and have anti-aging properties. They aid in the skin tightening process and act against the wrinkles.
As a part of culinary proceedings, sesame seeds can be had in a variety of ways. They can either be dry roasted and sprinkled as a topping, or they can be added with spices and mixed into the gravy. They also can be mixed as a part of fruit and vegetable juices. Though the seeds are tiny in nature, their beneficial properties are more potent than any other food items known to man.