Doctor in Vitalife Clinic
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Vitalife ClinicYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from anxiety & depression due to Love failure. I am not able to sleep in night. I have many anxiety symptoms. I am not able to focus on my CA-Final exam. I am so much worried, sad, confuse, tired and almost lost. So please give me a suggestion and medical advice. Please mention the medicine for my problem. Please do me a favor by providing medical treatment.
I I used take Nexito 20 for Depression disorder for 2 years. Then the doctor prescribed Nexito 10 and I used to take that for 1 year. I felt completely fine and stopped taking the drug suddenly. After 5 months of stopping the drug I was feeling Depressed and anxious. I started taking Nexito 10 again. For last 2 weeks I have been taking the medicine. But it causes a lot of Drowsiness on me. Thinking and memory problem is there. I am an IT professional. I can not work properly now and am sitting idle. What should I do?
Schizophrenia is a debilitating mental and emotional condition that is characterized by a heavily distorted thought process as well as hallucinations and even extreme fear that borders on paranoia. Let us find out more about this debilitating disease:
- Genetics: Genetic factors play an important role in the development of schizophrena.
- Environment: Possible environmental factors include obstetric complications, the mother's exposure to influenza during pregnancy or starvation. It has also been suggested that stress, trauma even migration can lead to the emergence of schizophrenia.
- Neurodevelopmental Factors: Schizophrenia appears to be a neurodevelopmental disorder. That is the changes that cause the illness have been occurring from the earliest stages of development even in utero, and may continue to influence the development of the brain over the first 25 years of life.
This disease has a variety of symptoms include cognitive and emotional ones that can vary in the degree and severity. One of the most common symptoms includes hallucinations and delusions where the patient may end up imagining things that do not really exist. The patient may also be gripped by sudden and crippling fear like paranoia, which can be debilitating as far as everyday functioning of the person goes. The symptoms can also interfere with the way a person deals with situations and life skills on a cognitive basis. Withdrawal and hopelessness are also a part of this disease.
Schizophrenic disorder spectrum recognizes a group of symptoms which can turn into full-fledged ailments. The various kinds of schizophrenia under this wide umbrella include catatonic, disorganized, paranoid, residual and undifferentiated. Paranoid schizophrenia is when a person has unreasonable fears and doubts regarding people and situations around him or her. Usually, doctors refer to this state as schizophrenia with paranoia.
Patients of disorganized schizophrenia may not have delusions and hallucinations, but may display instances of incoherent speech and thinking. Further, when a patient is suffering from catatonic schizophrenia, the main symptoms include a negative emotional stance. This patient will end up withdrawing as far as socialising and family go, and they may also turn mute. Residual schizophrenia refers to a state where the patient has lost all interest and motivation in life, yet does not suffer from delusions and hallucinations. Finally, schizophrenic disorder is characterized by all the major symptoms of this disorder along with a severe mood disorder.
The earliest signs and symptoms must be referred to a psychiatrist. The treatment involves the management of the case of an individual basis along with psychological rehabilitation programs and inclusion of the patient in self-help groups. Housing and employment programs must also be availed so as to keep the patient busy. Also, behavior therapy will be required in such cases. The mode of counselling should usually be on a one on one basis, although many doctors also suggest that group therapy can help in showing examples of progress so as to encourage the patient to change and get a new lease of life.
Modern day medicines have made it easy, to make individuals suffering from schizophrenia highly functional and carry normal lives out. Antipsychotics have evolved over the years to bring back the desirable quality of life for individuals suffering from this disease. Antipsychotic medicines are the mainstay of the treatment.
Notable personalities who have suffered from schizophrenia are:
- John Nash - Mathematician/Nobel Prize Winner
- Mary Todd Lincoln - Wife of Abraham Lincoln (past-President of the United States)
- Tom Harrell - Jazz Musician
- Meera Popkin - Broadway Star
Also, family therapy is considered a must for the near and dear ones of such patients to cope with it. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am a bright student and used to do well in competition exams .but then I took an exam very seriously and while preparing for it through online practice tests I got blank in one test. That incident terrified me very much. And now I am so fearful that it will happen in real exam too. I can not concentrate and becoming self conscious .that fear is also not going away. Whenever I sit for study that incident comes in mind I gets blank again .do not know what to do .i was not like this before. And due to this tension I am loosing my health. Please help.
Hello Dr. I am in class 12 with science stream, my father is a business man, I am very confuse in two thing 1. I am not study because I think science is not my interest therefore why I am study. 2. Surely I am not interesting with my father business. Now what can I do I know definitely when I fail in 12 then my father force me to join business. What step I am doing now, really I am very confuse, you think that it is not a big problem but it is very big problem for me, now I am cry silently not even in my room anywhere, when I am sitting with my friend suddenly I am getting tear in my eyes, I am having dinner suddenly I am crying, etc genuinely please help me Give me suggestion.
I am 22 year doing my msc .past few days I'm not able to do anything not able to concentrate. Don't feels to meet anybody. All I feel to sleep in my room do nothing. Scared to meet new people. Feel like they will reject me .in recent relationship the leave me saying that you are moody I can't stay with you. Help me. Save me .everyday is miserable. I have only 2 friends with them I feel secure and happy. I meet them daily to feel good. But after that i'm back to the same.
The relationship between intelligence and brain size, both among people and between various species, has never been precisely well defined. People often believe that their outstanding psychological capacities must mean that they are superior to all animals as far as brain size is concerned. However, it is not true since whales and elephants have much bigger brains than humans and humans have the same brain-to-body mass proportion as mice do.
Here are a number of ways by which the brain size can be determined:
- Encephalization remainder: Since it would be against human instinct to admit loss and defeat, researchers have created a measure to determine the brain size called the encephalization remainder. It is the proportion of actual brain mass with respect to the anticipated cerebrum mass for the animal’s size (based on the suspicion that bigger animals require somewhat less brain matter with respect to their size, compared to little animals). By this metric, human beings prove to be the best, with an EQ of 7.5 outperforming the dolphin's 5.3 and the mouse's 0.5.
- IQ testing: Without a solitary and evident method for measuring intelligence, some improved tests like IQ (Intelligence Quotient) are by and large acknowledged as a moderately decent working device. IQ estimations are not without issues, and there is a great deal of criticism about their significance. IQ testing uses government sanctioned tests, for example, the WAIS–III (Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale). The normal IQ is somewhere around 90 and 110. The scores beneath the normal may demonstrate changing degrees of pathology, for example, marginal intellectual function, or mental hindrance of different severity. Over the normal range is regularly connected with knowledge, splendour, talent, or genius. However, as with computers of a few eras, size and intellect do not precisely relate. Present day portable computers weighing around one or two kilogrammes can store more data and perform a greater number of assignments than supercomputers from the 1980s that used to possess expansive structures. This is a contrast amongst quantity and quality. Numerous scientists now hold the view that it is not the whole brain, which is bigger in a human with a higher IQ, yet rather certain zones that are denser and might be bigger. A fascinating late revelation is that these ranges can be expanded in size and enhanced in usefulness during the course of our life.
- NeuroplasticityIt refers to the dynamic procedure of repair and maintenance that our brains are continually experiencing. We are conceived with around hundred billion neurones, yet lose around two hundred thousand a day to a procedure called pruning. As we develop and grow, pathways in the brain that are not required are detached, and the neurones pass on. However, in a compensatory procedure, new neurones are delivered and more detailed associations are built up between neurones that are more dynamic. This is the procedure of de-cluttering, in which our brains develop to work at most extreme effectiveness.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Your mother has often yelled at you for playing video games for long hours but obviously you haven’t paid heed to it. Such is the obsession with video games that they don’t let you rest unless you have championed all the levels in the virtual interface. Here is the source of all problems. Studies have revealed that video games have a direct relation to neurological disorders. As a result, many health experts across the world consider video game as a kind of health abuse.
People who play action-oriented video games are at higher risks. The more you indulge in these kinds of games, the more they are going to affect the hippocampus section of your brain. It is that part of the brain which is considered to be the centre of your nervous system, memory, and emotion. This has a detrimental effect on your overall brain health.
Let us see some of the signs which may indicate the onset of certain complications arising from an over indulgence in these games.
1. You spend hours on the computer or related gaming devices and devote lesser hours for your family and friends.
2. You get agitated when someone stops you midway through the game
3. You become socially isolated and show signs of occasional mood swings
4. You are unable to keep a track of time once you start playing
5. You repeatedly neglect your studies, resulting in a dip in performance at school
Why does this happen?
All of the above signs indicate that sooner or later you might develop neurological problems. When you spend an excessive number of hours on playing and navigating through the games, the ‘hippocampus’ portion of your brain shows signs of decreased gray matter. As a result, the volume of the hippocampus shrinks, causing severe nerve related disorders such as schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, depression, and overall general stress.
One of the biggest reasons behind this is a lack of self-control. Most of the video games will encourage you to steal cars, run away after a theft and kill your enemies. Moreover, if you succeed, you are rewarded. This naturally unleashes a blatant urge for the gratification of all these awkward desires in your real life too. Hence, once you are encountered with the reality, you tend to show violent behavior. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!