Doctor in Venkateswara Hospital
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Venkateswara HospitalYour feedback matters!
Kidneys are responsible for the removal of waste and unwanted particles from the bloodstream. They are part of the urinary tract and are responsible for the formation and excretion of urine. It is the filtration and waste disposal system of the body. And as such plays a pivotal part in our health and well-being.
A kidney infection, more often than not, starts with a bladder infection and then spreads to the kidneys. It is caused by the presence of bacteria, specifically a bacteria called E.Coli. Though extremely rare, it is possible to get a kidney infection through your skin. It might make its way into your blood and then travel to the kidneys. You might contract an infection after surgery but that is extremely uncommon as well.
A kidney infection is diagnosed by running a urine test to check it for the presence of bacteria, blood or pus. Other tests may include a CT scan, an ultrasound or a kind of X-ray called voiding cystourethrogram, which involves injecting a contrast dye to image the bladder while urinating.
- Antibiotics: The first lines of treatment for a kidney infection are antibiotics. Depending upon the bacteria that has been found in your urine tests and your personal health, your physician will prescribe you specific drugs. The symptoms usually abate after a few days of treatment, or you might need to continue the antibiotics for a week or so more. It is advisable to continue with the entire course of the drugs even if you feel better after only a few days. Another sample of your urine will be tested afterwards to ensure that the infection has cleared up.
- Hospitalization: For a severe case of kidney infection a physician will insist on hospitalization. The treatment will include antibiotics and a copious amount of fluids that will administered to you intravenously. The severity of the infection would dictate the length of the course of drugs required.
- Surgery: Kidney infections can be symptomatic of a much more serious underlying medical condition. Kidney infections may recur with increasing frequency due to a structural defect of the urinary tract. A nephrologist or a urinary surgeon (urologist) should be consulted for an evaluation. You will most likely need surgery to repair the structural abnormality to ensure that the infections desist.
Kidneys are vital organs that perform important functions of waste removal, and maintain the balance of the body’s fluids. Infections should thus be diagnosed and treated promptly.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Seasonal changes are usually a time when we need to take extra precautions to ensure that we do not end up catching any bacteria that may lead to infections or influenza as well as allergic reactions. Common cold and flu is a common occurrence during such times. Seasonal changes are usually known to cause flu and cold, which can also come with chills, sneezing, cough and fever.
Here are a few homeopathic medicines and remedies that can be used during this season.
- Aconite: This medicine is especially helpful when there is fever after sudden exposure to dipping temperatures. Once the cold starts to affect the patient, this medicine must be taken so that congestion is prevented. It can also be used when initial symptoms like tingling and burning sensations in the nose start.
- Arsenicum: This medicine can be used during harsh winters and can be prescribed for stopping the discharge from the nostrils. It can also help in treating congestion and severe cold. If sneezing fits do not reduce, one can have this medicine. It also relieves burning sensation in the throatand nose, as well as fever.
- Allium Cepa: When the discharge from the nose is cold and heavy as well as thin, it can be cured with the help of Allium Cepa. Persistent discharge is one of the symptoms for which this medicine is usually prescribed. Also, this medicine helps patients who experience cough and discharge once they step out of a warm room.
- Euphrasia: When the top part of the respiratory mucous membrane is affected, this medicine can be used. It is also helpful when there is soreness in the nostrils and lips. Also, yellow and acrid discharge from the nostrils can be cured with this medicine. Dryness and pain is also one of the symptoms for which this medicine may be prescribed.
- Gelsemium: When the cold first starts and begins to manifest as headaches, this medicine can be used so that it breaks up the cold effectively. Also, dullness and weakness due to oncoming fever can be checked with this medicine. Further, a sore throat can be treated with this medicine. Excessively warm weather that leads to a cold can be treated with Gelsamium too.
- Nux Vomica: If you have caught a cold from damp and cold weather conditions, the doctor can prescribe Nux Vomica. This effectively treats cold symptoms likedry nose, minimal discharge and a tickling sensation in the nose.
- Mercurius: This medicine can be prescribed to treat frontal sinuses that may be suffering due to the flu. Violent sneezing and excessive sweating can be cured with this medicine.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
It is to be noted that a large chunk of a child’s genetic code is carried by the male procreation cell. Some other interesting facts about the male procreation cell, the sperm, are listed below:
- Diet affects a man’s sperms: A man’s daily diet plays a major role in the health of his sperm. The choice of food has a big impact on sperm. For example, a publication in The Journal of Biology and Reproduction, 2011, has shown that DHA (an Omega-3 essential fatty acid found in cod liver oil and salmon) aids in improving the morphology of the sperm. Increase in DHA levels can turn a sperm with a round head into a healthy sperm with a cone-shaped head and fill it with important enzymes that aid in egg-opening. Increase in levels of DHA also helps in improving sperm mobility. Another study has shown that men who consume an excess of 3 cups of coffee per day exhibit a reduction in concentration of the sperms as well as total sperm count along with poor quality of the sperm.
- Health of sperm can be improved by climaxing regularly: Production of semen is reduced due to irregular ejaculation or abstinence from sex.
- Wireless Technology is capable of damaging sperm: Recent studies have shown that laptops using Wi-Fi to connect to the internet damages sperm via non-thermal effects. Hence, scientists suggest that men should try to avoid keeping laptops on their laps directly and should keep their cell phones in places other than the pant pockets.
- Extra energy for penetrating the egg: The journey of a sperm is long and vigorous; an incredible amount of energy is needed to penetrate the ova. Naturally, there is a dearth of energy when the sperm finally reaches the ova. At this time, a stream of energy is provided because of a burst of progesterone from the female. This energizes the sperm, which in turn, helps in penetration of the egg.
- Protection: The immune system assumes that sperms are foreign invaders because they carry only half the DNA as compared to other cells. Hence, there are special protective cells present in the testicles that create a barrier which tends to attack the sperm cells.
- Life span: The publication of a study in Biology of Reproduction (1984) has stated that sperm cells, in appropriate conditions, have a life span of up to 5 days within a woman’s body.
- Negative impact of lifestyle choices on sperms: A number of studies have shown that men having habits such as smoking cigarettes, drinking alcohol, consuming caffeine and who are obese have hampered fertility. This has a negative effect on the health of a sperm. Men who frequently consume alcohol tend to exhibit poor sperm concentration and lowered sperm mobility.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Nowadays, drug abuse is a universally condemned action such that selling certain drugs are illegal. Children are not allowed to take drugs until they reach a certain age such as 21 for most states in India. Lots of problems start occurring when you are addicted to a certain drug. It is also nearly impossible to stop since the nerve cells change the way they function due to drugs. These nerve cells overstimulate the 'reward circuit' of the brain. This means that your brain constantly needs to be 'rewarded' and this reward comes in the form of drugs. There are many reasons why people become addicts and here are some of them.
- People want to get high: This is perhaps the most common reason why people become drug addicts. The moment they take in one drug, they love the feeling they get so much that they keep wanting to go back to it.
- People want to fit in: This is also a very common reason. When all your friends and perhaps even your bosses and other superiors are taking drugs, you do not want to feel left out or ostracized by your friend group. This is why many people start taking drugs.
- Unintentionally taking drugs due to injuries or medical conditions: Sometimes a doctor prescribes a medicine for a certain time period but it does not work or works too well and so you keep taking the drug so that you will feel better. This happens more often than you think.
- People take drugs to relieve stress: This is another very common reason why people take drugs. You may easily rationalize with them thinking that taking drugs is a good way to relax from work and family pressures. However, the long term effects of taking drugs are much worse than the stress.
- Boredom from daily life: In young teens and adolescents especially, life can be so boring that they want to try something new and thus resort to drug abuse.
शारीरिक निर्बलता की स्थिति में अत्यधिक मानसिक श्रम व भोजन में पौष्टिक खाद्य पदार्थों की कमी से प्रायः यह स्थिति उत्पन्न हो जाती है. कुछ लोग इसे नजरअन्दाज कर देते हैं तो कुछ लोग डॉक्टर के यहां चक्कर लगाकर परेशान हो जातें हैं. जब आपको लो ब्लड प्रेशर की शिकायत होती है तो कुछ ऐसे खाद्य पदार्थों का सेवन करें जो आपके ब्लड प्रेशर को सामान्य करे तथा आप एक स्वस्थ जीवन जी सकें. सामान्यत: यदि किसी व्यक्ति का ब्लड प्रेशर कम हो जाता है तो वह खारे या अधिक मीठे खाद्य पदार्थों का सेवन करता है ताकि इन्सुलिन का स्तर बढ़ जाए. इन उपचारों के अलावा अन्य कई खाद्य पदार्थ भी हैं जिन्हें लो ब्लडप्रेशर से ग्रस्त मरीजों को अपने आहार में शामिल करना चाहिये. लेकिन कुछ ऐसे घरेलू उपाय है जो लो ब्ल्डप्रेशर को कन्ट्रोल करने के लिए कारगर है. आइए जानें उन उपायों के बारें में.
1. पत्तेदार सब्जियां
पत्तेदार सब्जियों में आयरन होता है जो एक महत्वपूर्ण खनिज पदार्थ है. ब्लड प्रेशर के कम होने पर उसे सामान्य बनाने के लिए यह बहुत ही महत्वपूर्ण होता है. सब्जियों में प्रोटीन और विटामिन होते हैं. बल्डप्रेशर को सामान्य बनाये रखने के लिए प्रतिदिन सब्जियां खाएं. स्वस्थ रहने के लिए अपने आहार में सब्जियों को शामिल करें क्योंकि ये ब्लड प्रेशर को सामान्य रखती हैं.
2. सूखे मेवे
सूखे मेवे आपकी ऊर्जा और प्रतिरोधन क्षमता को बढ़ाने का काम करते हैं. इसके अलावा ये ब्लड प्रेशर को नियमित करने का काम भी करते हैं इसलिए आपको इन्हें अपने दैनिक आहार में अवश्य शामिल करना चाहिए.
ओट्स में मौजूद प्रचुर मात्रा में फाइबर इसे लो बीपी वाले लोगों के लिए उपयोगी बनाता है. को अपने आहार में शामिल करें क्योंकि इसमें प्रचुर मात्रा में फाइबर पाया जाता है जो आपको ऊर्जा प्रदान करता है.
4. बिना चर्बी वाला मांस
ऐसे मांस का सेवन करें जिसमें चर्बी कम मात्रा में हो. जिन लोगों को लो ब्लडप्रेशर की समस्या होती है उनके लिए टर्की, चिकन और मछली जैसे पदार्थ उपयोगी होते हैं. यह लो ब्लड प्रेशर के लिए सर्वोत्तम आहार है.
फल खाना अक्सर हमारे स्वास्थ्य के लिए लाभदायक ही होता है. ऐसे फल खाएं जिनमें प्रोटीन प्रचुर मात्रा में हो. ये ऐसे फल हैं जो ब्लड प्रेशर के मरीजों के लिए बहुत अच्छे होते हैं इसलिए आप इन्हें भी खा सकते हैं.
6. काले खाद्य पदार्थ
काले अंगूर, काले खजूर आदि में आयरन प्रचुर मात्रा में होता है. ये सभी पदार्थ लो ब्लडप्रेशर को समान्य बनाने के लिए बहुत उपयोगी होते हैं. इन्हें आहार में शामिल करने से ब्लड प्रेशर के साथ साथ हृदय भी स्वस्थ रहता है.
7. खट्टे खाद्य पदार्थ
गर्मियों में खट्टे खाद्य पदार्थ जैसे संतरे आदि स्वास्थ्य के लिए अच्छे होते हैं क्योंकि इनमें पानी और एसिड पाया जाता है जो लो ब्लड प्रेशर के मरीजों के शरीर में ऊर्जा निर्माण में सहायक होता है.
8. साबुत अनाज
सफ़ेद खाद्य पदार्थों की तुलना में साबुत अनाज ज़्यादा अच्छा होता है. लो ब्लड प्रेशर को सामान्य बनाने के लिए इनका उपयोग करना अच्छा होता है तथा ये स्वास्थ्य के लिए भी अच्छे होते हैं. इन्हें आहार में अवश्य शामिल करना चाहिए.
लहसुन को अपने आहार में शामिल करें. यह ब्लड प्रेशर को सामान्य बनाने में सहायक होता है. अपने भोजन में कटी हुई लहसुन डालें. यह लो ब्लड प्रेशर के लिए एक अच्छा खाद्य पदार्थ है.
चुकंदर प्रचुर मात्रा में मौजूद खनिज, आयरन इसे लो बीपी वाले लोगों के लिए काफी उपयोगी बनाता है. अच्छे स्वास्थ्य तथा सामान्य ब्लड प्रेशर के लिए यह एक अच्छा आहार है.
11. डार्क चॉकलेट
डार्क चॉकलेट न केवल आपके हृदय के लिए बल्कि लो ब्लड प्रेशर के लिए भी एक अच्छा आहार है.
I am health care worker, and i think i have been exposed HIV at work. Should take PEP?
PEP should be considered if you’ve had a recent possible exposure to HIV at work. Report your exposure to your supervisor, and seek medical attention immediately.
Occupational transmission of HIV to health care workers is extremely rare, and the proper use of safety devices and barriers can help minimize the risk of exposure while caring for patients with HIV.
A health care worker who has a possible exposure should see a doctor or visit an emergency room immediately. PEP must be started within 72 hours after a recent possible exposure to HIV. The sooner, the better; every hour counts.
CDC issued updated guidelines in 2013 for the management of health care worker exposures to HIV and recommendations for PEP.
Understanding Male Sexual Problems
Though a topic like sexual dysfunction may seem extraordinarily private, to be properly evaluated and addressed you need to be able to talk openly and honestly with a health professional to regain a more satisfying sex life. To get to the heart of the matter you will need to evaluate your relationships, partners, past sexual history, possible depression, history of trauma, or other stresses in your life that may be inhibiting your ability to respond sexually.
A health care provider may take you through the following steps:
1. A physical exam checking for:
a. Check for high blood pressure
b. Possible vascular disease
c. Neurological disorder
d. Obvious signs of conditions affecting your penis or testicles
2. Blood tests to check for diabetes, thyroid disease, or other hormonal disorders
3. Review the list of medications and vitamins you use daily
4. You will be asked about whether you awaken with an erection - since men normally have multiple erections during sleep.
5. Your doctor may ask for an ultrasound exam to measure the blood flow within the pelvis (a penile Doppler study) to determine whether there is sufficient blood flow and pressure in the penis to allow for a suitable erection.
What Are the Treatments for Male Sexual Problems?
Depending on the issue at hand a number of possible treatments may be recommended, such as:
Medication to either:
- Increase testosterone levels
- Decrease prolactin
- Treat thyroid disease
- Address high blood pressure
- A change in existing meds if necessary that comes with fewer sexual side effects
- A bid to stop smoking, drinking alcohol, or use of recreational drugs
- A recommendation to eat a healthier diet and to exercise regularly
Studies have shown that taking these measures above may slow the buildup of fats that can block the blood vessels.
Treatments for erectile concerns may include:
• A device that pulls blood into the penis or a vacuum inflation device
• Inflatable penile implants
• Prostaglandin urethral suppositories
• Self-injection of medications directly into the penis
• Vascular surgery to correct problems involving the veins of the penis
• Natural male enhancement supplements or herbal "viagra" pills
Psychotherapy, couples therapy, or consulting with a sex therapist may help with psychological barriers to sexual functioning.
The bottom line is that many sexual or erectile issues may vastly improve with a combination of healthy lifestyle, sometimes some counseling and perhaps scripted or herbal meds to assist.
Many men simply need a dose of sex-confidence. Fear of dating, performing or other intimacy anxieties can make a man wilt. Taking a natural male enhancer to boost performance anxiety often does the trick for millions of men.
Physical and psychological problems in relation to sex are not all that unusual as people age. Many senior men (and women) experience a decline in libido due to hormone levels, medications or other factors.
While naturally a dramatic blow to one's sex life may be caused by illness or injury, it may not be as well known that certain medications like those used to remedy high blood pressure and depression, are also known to reduce libido.
Declining levels of testosterone in both men and women, or possible nerve damage caused by diabetes may impair a man's ability to get and sustain erections. Shame about an aging body may cause a psychological impairment. Even boredom or relationship difficulties may dampen desire.
Remedying the sexual problem is advised because regular sex helps to keep circulation flowing to the genitals, which in itself is a pleasure booster. Sex also helps couples survive the ups and downs of long-term relationships. Sometimes a natural herb is all that is needed to get libido up and running again consider taking:
• Maca - used to arouse sexual desire
• Korean Ginseng - Panax ginseng - to improve mood, boost endurance and treat erectile problems
• L-arginine - an amino acid used for increasing blood flow, and helps with erectile problems
Better Sex in 5 Easy Steps - Hints for Breaking Out of a Bedroom Slump
When it comes to sex, even the steamiest couple hits a cold patch from time to time. Rather than letting sex go by the wayside and hoping it comes back into the picture, it is better for a couple to be proactive and get back in the saddle as soon as possible. The longer a couple goes without having sex, the more they become accustomed to their new routine - so stoke the sexual fires tonight and get back to a better sex life now. Already enjoying hot sex? Check out these 5 tips and to see if things can get hotter than hot; and learn why a healthy penis translates into a healthy sex life.
Shock those senses
A good way to enhance a sexual experience is to wake up all 5 senses. This helps to invigorate the body and can lead to a whole new level of pleasure. Try taking a hot shower (together, of course), turning up the water as hot as tolerable. Daring couples who really want to wake up their sense of touch can try an icy blast of cool water every now and then. Or break out some ice cubes after the shower - the juxtaposition between hot and cold will drive those senses wild! To awaken the other four senses, try lighting scented candles or snuggling by the fireplace for sexy ambiance. Bring sweet treats like chocolate sauce or whipped cream into the bedroom, and put on some love-making music for an all around sense-ational experience!
Though getting sweaty before getting busy may not sound sexy, getting the blood flowing can actually ramp up one's desire. When the blood is pumping it goes everywhere - including the genitals. Maybe even try working out together, seeing each other all sweaty and working hard may be enough of a turn-on to trade one kind of work out for another.
Fun fact: Even if the workout occurs earlier in the day, a couple is more likely to get busy later on. Studies have found a positive correlation between exercise and sex, meaning the more a couple engages in exercise, the more likely they are to sex-ercise as well. If that's not motivation to hit the gym, nothing is!
Act like a teenager
Remember the last time the hormones were going crazy and one couldn't get enough of one's partner? Chances are that things were hot and heavy in high school or in the early 20's. Even for teens who weren't getting busy, there was probably plenty of making out, which certainly stoked the desire to make a guy wish he could have sex that night. Going back to a simpler time of no-strings-attached making out can ensure that the mood will get hot and heavy - talk about hitting a home run.
Enter a fantasy world
Most everybody has a secret sexual fantasy - but how many people actually experience those fantasies outside of their mind? Rather than just imagining all the things one could do to one's partner - why not see if he or she is actually willing to try them out? Even if a couple decides not to act it out in the end, sometimes just talking about fantasies is enough to get things moving in the bedroom. Don't know where to start? Try picking up an erotica book and reading excerpts aloud to each other; this is sure to get the creative juices flowing.
Keep the penis healthy
Though it may seem intuitive for some, many men do not take special care of their special package. But when one thinks about what exactly is riding on a healthy penis, it makes sense to keep the tool in top-notch condition. To enhance the health - and appearance - of the penis, use a high quality penis vitamin cream (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil) that contains Shea butter and vitamin E to moisturize the skin and keep it touchably smooth. Other vital nutrients such as L Arganine and Acetyl L Carnitine help enhance the sensitivity of the penis and improve blood flow for stronger erections. Simply apply after the shower and enjoy a healthier penis.
Small Penis Facts: The Micropenis
There's no sign that men's anxieties concerning penis size are slowing down; as a matter of fact, some believe that the near-omnipresence of online porn is only making men feel more and more anxious about whether they have a small penis or not. The evidence suggests that the vast majority of men don't need to worry; though they may not have equipment that would make a horse jealous, most men have more than enough equipment to satisfy themselves and their partners. As a matter of fact, the actual occurrence of men with a micropenis seems to be definitely rare. Some studies indicate less than 0.5% of men would qualify as a micropenis possessor, and other studies suggest the prevalence is even smaller.
Of course, just what is a micropenis? There's some debate as to the exact definition, with some believing it is any penis which measures less than 3 inches in length while erect and others opting for 2.5" or 2". So for the purposes of this article, it must be left vague - but it is in any case a smaller than typical penis.
With that in mind, here are a few facts about the small penis referred to as a micropenis.
- A guy with a micropenis may still be a grower rather than a shower. Even though a micropenis is a very small penis when erect, it may be even smaller when flaccid. Also, in some cases it may be bigger in circumference than in length.
- It still works. Though it may be a small penis, it still functions exactly the same as a larger model. The same stimuli create an increase in penile blood flow and retention, leading to a hardening which enables the penis to achieve penetration. Many women report that they still achieve sexual satisfaction even when their partner has a micropenis. And many women have become pregnant from men with a very small penis.
- Urinating can be an issue. If the penis is especially small when soft, it may be difficult to urinate standing up. The penis may not extend far enough out of the flap or it may not reach the urinal or toilet properly.
- Hormones may help. In some cases, especially if the penis is determined to be especially small at an early age, infusions of male hormones may help to increase the length somewhat. This is especially true when the brevity of size is due to a lack of testosterone production while in the womb.
- Kallmann Syndrome may also be to blame. Sometimes a micropenis is the result of a genetic disorder known as Kallmann Syndrome - or indeed of other diseases in the family called hypogonadotropic hypogonadism. Essentially, a person with Kallmann Syndrome is kept from starting or fully finishing puberty. The hypothalamus fails to produce GnRH hormone, which in turn means that the body doesn't produce adequate amounts of testosterone. In addition to the penis being small, the testicles are also usually much smaller than normal - which in turn affects the production of sperm and semen.
Many men lament the fact that they have a micropenis, but others have learned to accept it and live much more comfortably with it. Use of penis sleeves or sheaths can sometimes help a man with a very small penis feel more comfortable with his sexual encounters.
Whether a man has a micropenis, a small penis or a large penis, he needs to keep it healthy. Regular application of a superior penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) can help. Look for a crème that includes among its ingredients vitamin C, a key component of collagen, a tissue in the body that gives skin its tone and elasticity and is vital for penile erections. The crème should also include vitamin B5, or pantothenic acid, which is a vital nutrient required for cell metabolism and the maintenance of healthy tissue.