Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Nadi Pariksha Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Scar Revision Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Kerala Massage Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Twachaa Ayurvedic Panchakarma Center And SpaYour feedback matters!
Rheumatoid arthritis is an auto-immune disorder which causes abnormal swelling of the body joints due to a sudden attack to the joints by the immune system of the body. This disorder is fairly common in the body parts that are more frequently used such as the knees, fingers, shoulders, wrists, elbows and the hips. Although rare, this disorder can also affect the ligaments or the tendons along with kidney, lungs, eyes or the heart.
This disorder tends to be chronic. Although the exact cause of the disease is still unknown, the loss of immunity generally leads to the disorder. Thus people who are obese, regular smokers, or who have had a family history of this condition are the most vulnerable to this disorder.
The symptoms of Rheumatoid arthritis are:
- Severe pain in the joints.
- Severe pain coupled with high fever.
- Stiffening and inflammation of the joints, resulting in intense pain.
- Exhaustion, fatigue and sudden weight loss.
- The pain gets aggravated in cold weather conditions.
If rheumatoid arthritis is not treated immediately after diagnosis, it might cause further complications in the future such as lymphatic blood cancers, osteoporosis (a medical condition resulting in brittle and weak bones), blockage of the arteries and dry mouth syndrome (Xerostomia).
The treatment of rheumatoid arthritis includes:
- Prescribed dosage of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as Ibuprofen and Naproxen, anti-rheumatoid drugs such as Methotrexate and steroidal drugs such as Prednisone help in reducing inflammation and pain. The dosage depends on the intensity of the condition.
- Performing regular exercises which will help you retain flexibility of the joints and subsequently cure rheumatoid arthritis.
- In extreme cases, the doctor might suggest surgeries such as:
- Synovectomy: A surgery that removes the damaged portion of the joint
- Joint fusion: This option will realign the joint and reduce the pain
Loss of hair from the scalp, one of the most common problems plaguing the world today, can be caused by a variety of factors such as genetics, disorders and environmental factors. There are a number of homeopathic treatments that are used to treat hair loss. These treatments focus on the cause of the disease rather than just treating the symptoms.
Hair loss can be classified as:
- Telogen effluvium: This is a disorder of the hair growth cycle where the telogen phase (where the hair falls out) becomes dominant.
- Alopecia aorta: This is an autoimmune disorder where the immune cells of the body destroy the hair. Hair loss tends to occur in patches.
- Androgenic alopecia: This type of disorder is caused by hormonal and genetic factors resulting in a receding hairline.
The various homeopathic treatments for hair loss are:
- Silica: Silica is used to treat a number of diseases in homeopathy. Besides being an effective remedy for hair loss, it also treats symptoms of vitiligo, nail problems and eczema.
- Phosphorus: Phosphorus is another homeopathic treatment that is used to treat hair loss. It promotes hair growth in spots where hair loss has occurred.
- Kaliumcarbonicum: This treatment is used for brittle and thinning of hair, as it enhances hair growth. It is usually recommended for people with various forms of alopecia.
- Lycopodium: This treatment is prescribed for people who suffer from premature balding. It is also recommended for pregnant women if they suffer from hair loss.
- Natrummuriaticum: This homeopathic remedy is made from sodium chloride and is used to treat hair problems resulting from skin complications. It is also recommended for women who face hair loss from menstrual problems. It treats dandruff and hair disorders due to hormonal imbalances.
- Sulfur: Sulfur is an excellent homeopathic remedy to treat hair loss as it promotes hair growth. It also eliminates dandruff from the scalp.
Sex can get predictable and monotonous if you don’t try something new every so often. Chief Consultant Sexologist and Fertility Specialist at Sannidhya Multi-Speciality Hospital, Ahmedabad, Paras Shah, suggests you explore the following erogenous zones to bring an element of surprise in foreplay.
He says, “While I suggest these erogenous zones, it is important for couples to communicate with each other and find out what they like or dislike as far as foreplay is concerned.”
- Earlobe: Shah says that ears are very sensitive parts to play with. Use your fingers to play with the earlobe or gently move your finger along the edge of the earlobe. You could try licking the earlobe to give your partner a frisson of excitement.
- Neck: “Men and women both love getting kissed and licked on the neck, especially the lower side, towards the collar bone,” says Shah.
- Inner thigh: Thighs, inner thighs especially, are another sensitive zone of the human body. Graze the inner thigh with your finger nails or let your hands glide over them. Use aromatic oil, moisturiser or water-based gels to massage for some guaranteed-to-excite action.
- Feet: While gently tickling your partner’s feet is bound to excite, playing and licking the toes can be very arousing too. Gently nibble the base of the toes to heighten the excitement.
- Lower belly: The navel and the area below is a very sensitive zone. A favourite with love-making scenes in the movies, take it slow here as you walk your fingers around the navel and below. Move downwards slowly and gently lick the navel and wait for the moans of pleasure.
- Armpit: "Rubbing ice, feather touches or even pouring chocolate over this area and licking it can ratchet up the excitement," suggests Shah.
As they say, it is all in the mind. The chemical and psychological correlation between the brain and intercourse is way too high. Arousal and physical gratification are chemical reactions and with watching porn, what starts as an innocent indulgence can play a major role in these chemical pathways and alter the natural course of things.
What many people don’t realize is that by watching too much porn, the mind’s channeling is affected and therefore the levels of satisfaction are altered. Read on to know some ways that porn harmfully affects your body.
- Personal disconnect: By watching too much porn, a person does not need a partner to get aroused and satisfied. In most cases, the porn and the re-runs of it induce the arousal and gratification. Therefore, when there is an actual partner involved, their role is minimalized and therefore they feel neglected. The partner never feels wanted or satisfied in these relationships.
- Kills libido: Because the person connect is so less, there is no drive to enjoy a good sexual relationship. The partner is not required to turn the addicted person on and so there is no sex drive. There is no role for cajoling, cuddling, or anything that gets personal. It is a mechanical process, and therefore, for the partner, it can be a very harrowing experience. The definition of “normal” keeps changing and evolving for the porn watcher, which may not be easily accepted by the partner. This can lead to a lot of expectation mismatch and failing relationships.
- Short-lived: Because watching porn is all about satisfying the urge for yourself, it is only that in the mind. There is no consideration for a foreplay or intimacy or what the other person could be wanting. This makes it very selfish, leaving a wide gap in terms of loss of intimacy, which is very much expected here.
- Playing it rough: Most people who watch porn gradually move to violent forms of sex and therefore expect to follow it in their lives too. This again can lead to forced impersonal sexual experiences which leave both the partners very unhappy.
- Mechanical: In most porn watchers, the end result is not to enjoy the whole act but to reach a high and be done with it. This makes it mechanical, again adding to the bitterness in the relationship.
- Selfish behavior: As noted in all of the above instances, it always becomes too much of what one person wants. There is very less consideration for the partner, which makes your relationship unhealthy.
So, while watching porn is one’s personal decision, but watching it within a certain limit may keep you from its side effects, and not let it rule your sexual expectations.
The skin has a protein called keratin that protects it from infections and other harmful toxins. For various reasons, mostly unknown, but likely genetic, there could be a build up of this keratin leading to small, light-colored, hard bumps under the skin that can feel like sandpaper. This condition is medically known as keratosis pilaris. These pillars of keratin block the hair follicles that open onto the surface of the skin, and when a number of follicles are blocked, it leads to dry, bumpy feeling. In common words, it is also referred to as chicken skin, chicken bumps, or goose bumps.
- Occurrence: The onset is usually in the first decade of life, continues to grow in number in teenagers (80%), and slowly subsides as they grow older (40% of adults). People with dry skin are more likely to have these bumps than people with oily skin. The most commonly affected areas include upper arms, thighs, buttocks and very rarely on the face.
- Cause: This is a genetic disorder, and the bumps are due to excessive formation and buildup of keratin due to faulty genes. There could be surplus skin formation under these follicles or hair follicles trapped under these bumps. There could be a small area of inflammation and redness around the bumps.
- Weather correlation: Keratosis pilaris is more common and evident during the winter months when the skin is normally drier than in summer months. Some people could have this condition lifelong, with only manifestation seen in winters and complete absence of bumps in the summer months.
- Symptoms: The condition is usually asymptomatic, except for the dryness, and does not cause itching or medical harm. The esthetic concern, especially if in upper arms, is the only concern. Some people could be affected by the hard, bumpy feeling of the skin. There are no long-term medical symptoms or harmful effects of this condition though.
- Treatment: No treatment is required; however, moisturizers may be required to prevent the bumps from drying up. In very severe cases, creams may be used to remove dead skin cells and to prevent plugged follicles. Alpha hydroxy acid, salicylic acid, or lactic acid containing creams can be used to remove the dead skin cells. These also help moisturize the skin and reduce dryness. Vitamin A containing creams can be used to unplug the hair follicles. Avoid shaving and waxing.
- A word of caution though: These creams can cause itching and redness. Since this condition is prevalent in children, these creams need to be used only if absolutely essential and with medical prescriptions. The condition is harmless and self-limiting, so no treatment is mandatory. Patient education is of utmost importance in these cases.
Summer vacations are great. Everyone waits eagerly for a vacation to get a break from their daily lives and relax. Vacation means no limits and no barriers. People tend to have the time of their lives during a summer vacation. This may sometimes result in weight gain, as some people forget about a healthy diet while on a vacation and indulge in exotic food excessively.
Here are five tips to avoid gaining weight while you are on your summer vacation.
- Carry healthy snacks: Instead of consuming fast food and food from the hotel vending machine, it is advisable that you carry healthy, nutritious snacks with you. Avoid eating potato chips and other fried snacks. Instead, carry protein bars with you to meet your snack requirements. You can also bring little bags of nuts, dried fruits and fresh fruits like apples, bananas or grapes. Keep the snacks near you and have them in small amounts frequently.
- Choose wisely at meal buffets: While on a summer vacation, the wide range of food items in the hotel’s breakfast or lunch buffet is sure to tempt you. You will find amazing and irresistible food items all around you. However, you should eat strategically instead of indulging in everything. Too much food can make you tired, and you may not want to go out and would rather feel like resting in the hotel room. While selecting from the buffet food items, include exotic foods as well as healthy foods to stay fit.
- Working out: While on a vacation, you do not have to work out rigorously, but some form of daily exercise is necessary. In case your vacation spot is in an isolated area without any gym facility, you should plan ahead and carry some workout equipments with you. You can work out for some short amount of time in your hotel room or even outside with devices such as a jump rope. Practicing pushups, crunches and lunges can also be effective.
- Utilize the hotel’s facilities: Most modern hotels have a multi-gym with great equipments to work out. These gyms are open 24 hours a day in most hotels, and you can choose your most convenient time to work out and burn some calories at the gym.
- Exercise with your family: During a summer vacation, planning outings and outdoor activities is a good way to keep in shape. You can go for biking trips with your family or can take a hike along beautiful roads, hills or woods. Any place you visit, try to walk around and explore.
Vacations are meant to have fun and eat good food. However, you should restrict yourself a bit regarding food and try to work out a little while on vacation to avoid gaining weight.
I am 26 years old and I suffering from acne problem. My face was looking very dull n the black sport are irritating me. Can I use peels treatment please tell me.
I have facing problem of dark spot of acne on my face can you give suggestion of some medicine to cure.
I am 42, I had posted my case of getting fever due to hectic schedule at my workplace. Because of getting fever again and again, I have lost lot's of hair. Though I have started taking care of my routine, nd I haven't got any fever from last few months, I can see scalp on my front side of my forehead, I'm stressed nd in need of help. Can I request somebody to help me out.
I am 23 years old. I have this acne (pimple) problem from last 8-9 yrs. At first I thought it is because of teenage and will go away with time but now I am still facing this pimple problem. And moreover I am getting scars and marks of pimple. All throughout the year I get pimple not in any particular time I have severe acidity problem and I drink 1.5 - 2 L of water per day. Please help me out with this acne issues.
I am 20 now. Last 10-12 month I suffering ACIDITY-gas -constipation problem. Last 3-4 years my life style was so bad .every week 3or4 day my lunch is missing .and I eating spicy food. My toilet is not clear so many year. I going to doctor 5 month ago and doctor looking my upper gi endoscopy without biopsy report and said all is fine .but my problem is going on and I suffer acidity. After meal. Last 1 month I drink aloevera juce morning or evening empty stomach. And I drink water 1 hour before or after meal. So what life style relief my acidity or other digestive problem forever for my life.
Know how Holistic approach helps to treat individuals as a separate entity