Submit a review for THE ZUSAANLI MULTI THERAPY CLINICYour feedback matters!
How can I stop doing hand masturbation I am addicted to it and I am feeling guilt and weakness every time.
I am having joint pains and unable to walk freely My age is 54 years. Doctors advised to get the et knee replacement. How many days it will take for me to walk without operation.
I want to gain a much weight as soon as possible. Help me to gain a much weight as soon as possible.
I am 24 years old. My height is 5'11. My weight is 59 kg. My chest is very small. I eat allot of food but still not get any effect. I looks very slim like a matchbox stick it's just because of my very small chest. please help me about it how can I get bigger chest and perfect weight. Can you tell me perfect diet chart.
Mari dates time pr nhi aa rahi h 3 months aa gap ho ja raha h mujha Kya Krna cahiya Kon sii medicine Lani cahiya main exercise bhi kr rahi hu or balance diet bhi la rahi hu phir bhi abhi take Mari date nhi aii hai Dr. sa consult kiya toh un ho Na bola khana Khao or exercise kro pr koi fayda nhi hua iss sa mujha.
I am 18 year ol boy and I want increase my weight fast so please suggest me a best diet to increase my weight fast.
Osteoporosis is a commonly experienced condition where the bones tend to get thin and become hollow over time. This is a condition that is experienced mostly by people who are over the age of 50 years, and even more commonly by women who have been through menopause. Other risk factors include smoking as well as medication which can lead to such degenerative diseases as a side effect. Let us find out about living with osteoporosis and the many myths and facts surrounding the same:
- A Natural Part of Aging: This is a fact. While not everyone who ages will wind up with this condition, it is commonly experienced by patients who are growing old. One can resort to taking calcium supplements as well as plenty of Vitamin D in order to prevent the risk of fractures that are a common occurrence in such a condition where the bones become too hollow. Also, mild and moderate exercise will help the condition.
- Only Female Patients: This is a myth. While it is true that women form a major risk group when it comes to this condition, there are many men who also suffer from it. It has been demonstrated by various medical studies that one in every five men in the USA alone are prone to this condition. Furthermore, due to exercise, sports and other heavy manual work, young men are more likely to end up with a fractured bone than an aging woman.
- Worry only when you are Old: This is also a myth. One must remember that the major bone mass forms by the time a person hits the age of 18 to 20 years. This is the time when nutrition, exercise and lifestyles must be structured in a way that such troubles like osteoporosis will not follow you into the later years when your bones begin to age. Ample and strong bone mass nourished by proper habits, will help in preventing such conditions to a large extent.
- Fractures only happen if you Fall: This is another myth. It is important to keep in mind that living with a condition like osteoporosis means that you have to be vigilant at all times in your daily routine and other activities. Strain on the bones can also lead to fractures, and one does not necessarily have to fall down to get one. Leaning over too much can also lead to a fracture!
- You can feel the Degeneration: It is another myth that you can actually feel your bones getting weaker. Usually, there are no symptoms of this condition until it has progressed to a particularly painful stage in your life. The best way to find out if you are suffering from osteoporosis is by taking a bone density test.
I am 60+ years old & suffering from arthritis for the past 10 years. Both knees are affected. I consulted a doctor and he has suggested knee replacement in both knee. Is knee replacement necessary? What are the advantages of knee replacement? Will I be able to walk properly after the operation?
Is it OK to have 3 cups of milk tea in a day as I am preparing for civil services and need to sit for long hours. Apart from that I have a healthy diet including fruits, sprouts and milk.
You know it’s time for a knee replacement surgery when you can’t walk, move or get up from a chair without pain in spite of taking medications, physiotherapy and following a pain management therapy for a long time. Knee replacement surgery is also known as arthroplasty, and it’s one of the most common bone surgeries around.
Causes of Knee Pain
Most people suffering from arthritis of any kind- osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and post-traumatic arthritis are the ones who may require a knee replacement surgery when their condiition becomes severe.
It helps ease pain and helps one move freely.
- Osteoarthritis- This is mostly caused due to age-related ‘wear and tear’ of the knee joint and usually occurs in people who are older than 50 years. In this condition, the cartilage that cushions the three main bones of the knee wears away. This makes the bones rub against one another, causing stiffness and knee pain. Osteoarthritis is the main reason why people go for knee replacement surgery.
- Rheumatoid arthritis- In this type of arthritis, the synovial membrane that surrounds the knee joint becomes inflamed. This chronic inflammation then damages the knee cartilage and leads its loss and attendant pain, and stiffness.
- Post-traumatic arthritis- This happens after a serious knee injury. It can lead to tears of the knee ligaments and bones which leads to damage to the knee cartilage.
- Loss of blood flow to the bones – osteonecrosis – also may require knee replacement surgery.
- Those with deformities like knock knees and bowed legs also may require knee replacement.
Knee Replacement Surgery
During this surgery, an orthopedic surgeon removes the damaged part of the knee and replaces it with an artificial metal or plastic joint. This artificial joint is then attached to the thigh bone, the shin, and the kneecap with a special cement-like material.
Different Types of Knee Replacement Surgery
There are four main types of knee replacement surgery-
- Total knee replacement- This is the most common type of surgery. In this, your surgeon replaces the entire knee including the thigh bone and shin bone that connect to the knee.
- Partial knee replacement- This type of surgery is performed if arthritis affects only one side of your knee. However, this type of surgery is done only if you have strong knee ligaments. This is performed through a smaller cut than is needed for total knee replacement.
- Kneecap replacement- This type of surgery replaces only the under-surface of your kneecap.
- Revision knee replacement- This is a complex surgery which is performed in case you have very severe arthritis.
A knee replacement is actually a knee "resurfacing" because only the surface of the knee bones is actually replaced during the procedure. It is a relatively safe procedure and the patient does not have any side effects. All a patient is required to do is take proper rest and follow the instructions of your doctor.