Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Scar Revision Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Submit a review for Suraksha Homeopathy ClinicYour feedback matters!
We think that the recent scientific discoveries have benefited our life and health to a great extent. But do we have any idea that how good our ancient Ayurveda Science is and how good it can act in solving our several health related issues?
No wonder, most of us do not know. But yes, Ayurvedic medicines are much beneficial without the side effects that most of the synthetic drugs discovered these days possess.
In this article, we will discuss on Bhringraaj and how good it is for our health.
Bhringraaj Powder and Its Benefits
- Liver health: You can possess a good liver health with Bhringraaj powder as this consists of flavonoids and other chemicals like wedelolactone. Jaundice and hepatitis can be cured by consuming this powder in prescribed doses.
- Anti microbial properties: Bhringraaj has antimicrobial effects. It can resist almost nine bacterial strains.
- Tooth ache: Bhringraaj is a very good relief from a toothache. Just rub the powder on the gums and see the result in some time. The ethanolic extract and alkaloids help in this pain relief.
- Treats upset stomach: If you are suffering from an upset stomach, then this powder can help you. The various organic and chemical compounds present in bhringraaj help in this natural treatment.
- Respiratory problem treatment: If you get an infection in your respiratory tract, then consuming Bhringraaj powder can treat the infection and remove phlegm from your respiratory tract.
- Hair health: Bhringraaj powder is good for hair health. If you are suffering from baldness, then this powder can stimulate the hair follicles thus re-growing hair.
- Eye health: Some chemical compounds are formed in our body that creates cataract and other eye problems. But Bhringraaj powder has some neutralizing power, which damages the free radicals causing such ailments.
- Heart health: Bhringraaj powder can help in reducing cholesterol level and prevent heart ailments. Though not strongly proved, still it is thought that the diuretic effects of Bhringraaj help in this remedy.
- Cancer prevention: Bhringraaj powder is a fantastic solution for liver cancer. It stops cancer cells from proliferating and spreading.
- Treats cholera: If Bhringraaj powder is consumed three times a day for three days, then it is likely to cure cholera.
- Relieves body ache: Body ache is relieved if the powder is consumed according to a prescribed dose.
- Treats ulcer: Applying Bhringraaj powder on the ulcers can cure it magically.
How to use: You can cook your food with this powder. The best part is that it does not have any side effects, but is loaded with benefits. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
कौन घने, लंबे, चमकदार और मोटे बाल नहीं चाहता? और क्यों नहीं, हमारे सौंदर्यशास्त्र के लिए बाल महत्वपूर्ण हैं। आपके बाल आपके स्टाइल में एक निर्णायक भूमिका निभाते हैं। यही कारण है कि लोग इतना समय, प्रयास और पैसा खर्च करते हैं उपयुक्त हेयरस्टाइल के लिए। दूसरी ओर, पहले बालों के झड़ने को बुढ़ापे की निशानी के रूप में देखा जाता था। लेकिन आज कल की व्यस्त जीवन शैली और काम से संबंधित तनाव को देखते हुए, बाल गिरावट वयस्कों के साथ ही युवाओं में एक आम समस्या बन गई है।
बालों का झड़ना कई कारणों से उत्पन्न हो सकते हैं जैसे कि पोषक तत्वों की कमी, हार्मोनल असंतुलन, तनाव, अनुचित केशविन्यास, हीटिंग उपकरण, रसायन से लैस बाल उत्पादों, आनुवंशिकी आदि। लेकिन सबसे खराब बात तो यह है कि, हम सभी को बहुत से हानिकारक परिणामों के बारे में पता होने के बावजूद, बालों के झड़ने के त्वरित परिणाम के लिए, तत्काल रासायनिक उपाय की तलाश करने की आदत है। हालांकि बालों के झड़ने के लिए कुछ अद्भुत घरेलू उपचार उपलब्ध हैं।
बाल विकास के लिए उपाय
यदि आप हाल ही में देखे बालों के झड़ने के बारे में चिंतित हैं, या बस अपने बाल मजबूत और लम्बे करना चाहते हैं, यहां कुछ घरेलू उपाय हैं जो आपके बालों को पोषण देने और नए विकास को बढ़ावा देने में मदद कर सकते हैं।
1. अंडा मास्क: अंडे में प्रोटीन का उच्च स्तर होता है जो नए बालों के गठन में मदद करता है। यह सल्फर, जस्ता, लोहा, सेलेनियम, फास्फोरस और आयोडीन में भी समृद्ध है, जो सभी बाल स्वास्थ्य के लिए अच्छे हैं। एक कटोरे में अंडे का सफेद हिस्सा ले लें और इसेमें जैतून का तेल और शहद जोड़ें, चिकनी पेस्ट बनाने के लिए इसे अच्छी तरह से मिलाएं। इसे अपने बालों और खोपड़ी पर लागू कर, 20 मिनट के लिए छोड़ दें। फिर एक शैम्पू के साथ अपने बालों को धो लें।
2. गुलमेहंदी का तेल: गुलमेहंदी का तेल कोशिका विभाजन बढ़ाता है और रक्त परिसंचरण को गति देता है। यह जड़ों को भी मजबूत करता है, रूसी को समाप्त करता है, और बाल विकास को बढ़ावा देता है। इसके अलावा, यह आपके बालों को गहरा करने में मदद कर सकता है। एक कटोरे में गुलमेहंदी का तेल और नारियल का तेल मिलाएं और अपने सिर और बालों पर मिश्रण लागू करें। इसे रात भर रखें और अगली सुबह धोएं।
3. अरंडी का तेल: अरंडी का तेल बाल विकास में मदद करता है क्योंकि यह ओमेगा -9 फैटी एसिड और विटामिन ई में समृद्ध है। यह तेल आपके बालों को नमी देता है, घुंघराले होने से रोकता है और खोपड़ी के संक्रमण से भी लड़ता है। आप इस तेल को अपने सिर और बाल में 10 मिनट के लिए मालिश कर सकते हैं और फिर इसे 1 घंटे के लिए छोड़ दें। फिर इसे शैम्पू के साथ धो लें।
4. नींबू: नींबू विटामिन सी और विटामिन बी 1, बी 2, बी 3, बी 5, बी 6, बी 12, फोलिक एसिड, एंटीऑक्सिडेंट्स और कई अन्य पोषक तत्वों का एक समृद्ध स्रोत है। बाल विकास के अलावा, नींबू का रस चिकनी, चमकदार, रूसी-मुक्त बाल को बढ़ावा देता है।
एक भाग नींबू का रस और दो हिस्से नारियल या जैतून के तेल के मिलाएं और अपने बालों और खोपड़ी पर मिश्रण लागू कर, 30 से 45 मिनट के लिए छोड़ दें। फिर इसे एक शैम्पू के साथ धो लें।
5. मेथी: मेथी प्रोटीन का एक समृद्ध स्रोत है जो बालों के विकास के लिए वास्तव में फायदेमंद है। इसके अलावा, इसमें लेसितिण शामिल है जो आपके बालों को मजबूत करता है और नमी प्रदान करता है। यह आपके बालों के प्राकृतिक रंग की रक्षा भी करता है।
एक पूरी रात के लिए एक कप मेथी के बीज पानी में भिगोएँ। उन्हें एक पेस्ट में पीस लें और इसमें थोड़ा नारियल तेल डालें और आधे घंटे के लिए अपने बालों और खोपड़ी पर लागू करें। फिर इसे शैम्पू के साथ धो लें।
6. आंवला: यह आयुर्वेद में, बालों से संबंधित समस्याओं के लिए एक लोकप्रिय उपाय है। सीधे बाल पर आंवला के नियमित रूप से आवेदन बाल कूप को मजबूत करने में मदद करता है, बाल विकास को उत्तेजित करता है और बाल टूटना और विभाजित सिरा होने से रोकता है। आंवला का रस और नींबू का रस बराबर मात्रा में मिलाएं। अपने सिर पर लगा के, इस मिश्रण को कुछ समय के लिए सूखने दें। फिर गर्म पानी के साथ अपने बालों को अच्छी तरह धो लें।
मधुमेह के प्रारंभिक लक्षण, विशेष रूप से टाइप 2 मधुमेह, सूक्ष्म या हानिरहित हो सकते हैं। वास्तव में, कुछ लोगों को पता नहीं चलता कि उन्हे मधुमेह है, जब तक उन्हें रोग की वजह से दीर्घकालिक क्षति से समस्याएं न हों। टाइप 1 मधुमेह के लक्षण आमतौर पर दिनों या कुछ हफ्तों के मामले में जल्दी से देखा जाता है। वे बहुत अधिक गंभीर भी हैं।
डायबिटीज़ के लक्षण
आप कैसे बता सकते हैं कि आपको मधुमेह है? पता करने का सबसे अच्छा तरीका रक्त परीक्षण है। लेकिन यदि आप निम्न मधुमेह के लक्षणों में से किसी का सामना कर रहे हैं, तो अपने डॉक्टर से मिलें:
1. लगातार पेशाब आना: जब आपको मधुमेह होता है, तो आपका शरीर चीनी में भोजन को तोड़ने में कम कुशल होता है। आम तौर पर आपका शरीर ग्लूकोज को पुनः अवशोषित करता है जब यह आपके गुर्दे से गुजरता है। किन जब आपको मधुमेह होता है, तो अतिरिक्त शुगर (ग्लूकोज) आपके खून में बढ़ जाता है। आपके गुर्दे को अतिरिक्त चीनी को फिल्टर और अवशोषित करने के लिए अतिरिक्त काम करने के लिए मजबूर किया जाता है। अतिरिक्त चीनी जो कि आपके गुर्दे अवशोषित नहीं कर सकते, आपके मूत्र में उत्सर्जित होते हैं। यह आपको अधिक पेशाब करने का कारण बनता है, खासकर रात में।
2. अधिक प्यास: जैसा कि ऊपर बताया गया है, जब आपको मधुमेह होता है, तो आपकी गुर्दे को अतिरिक्त चीनी अवशोषित करना पड़ता है। जिसके लिए बहुत सारे तरल पदार्थ की आवश्यकता होती है, इसलिए आपको अधिक प्यास लगती है।
3. वजन घटना: जब आप अक्सर मूत्र के माध्यम से चीनी खो देते हैं, तो आप कैलोरी भी खो देते हैं। इसके अलावा, मधुमेह आपके भोजन से चीनी को आपके कोशिकाओं तक पहुंचने से रोक सकता है।
4. अतिरिक्त भूख लगना: भूख की अत्यधिक पीड़ा, मधुमेह का एक और लक्षण, रक्त शर्करा के स्तर में तेज उतार-चढ़ाव से आ सकता है। जब रक्त में शर्करा का स्तर घटता है, तो शरीर यह सोचता है कि इसे खिलाया नहीं गया है और अधिक ग्लूकोज की आवश्यकता होती है, जो कोशिकाओं को कार्य करने के लिये आवश्यकता होती है।
5. थकान: बेशक आप ज्यादातर समय थका हुआ महसूस करते हैं, क्योंकि जो भोजन आप ऊर्जा के लिए खा रहे हैं वह कोशिकाओं द्वारा प्रयोग नहीं किया जा रहा है। इसके अलावा, निर्जलीकरण भी आपके थकान को बढ़ाता है।
6. धुंधली दृष्टि: विकृत दृष्टि और रोशनी की कभी-कभी चमक देखना, उच्च रक्त शर्करा के स्तर का प्रत्यक्ष परिणाम होता है। आपके शरीर में द्रव का स्तर बदलना आपकी आंखों में लेंस को सूजा सकता है। इसके अलावा, जब रक्त में ग्लूकोज उच्च होता है, यह लेंस और आंख के आकार में परिवर्तन करता है। यह सब, लेंस की अपनी क्षमता खोने का और ठीक से काम न करने का कारण बनता है।
7. कटौती और घावों का धीमी गति से उपचार: कटौती, और घाव का जल्दी से ठीक न होना, मधुमेह का एक और उत्कृष्ट संकेत हैं। प्रतिरक्षा प्रणाली और प्रक्रियाएं जो शरीर को चंगा करने में मदद करती हैं, बहुत अच्छी तरह से काम नहीं करती हैं, जब आपके शर्करा का स्तर उच्च होता है।
8. खमीर संक्रमण: चूंकि मधुमेह आपके शरीर की प्रतिरक्षा को नीचे लाती है; संक्रमण और रोग अधिक होने की संभावना है। खमीर का आहार ग्लूकोज है और शरीर में बहुत अधिक होने से यह कामयाब होने लगता है। संक्रमण किसी भी गर्म, त्वचा के नम गुच्छे में बढ़ सकता है, जिसमें शामिल हैं:
- उंगलियों और पैर की उंगलियों के बीच
- स्तनों के तहत
- सेक्स अंगों के आसपास
महिलाओं को, विशेष रूप से, योनि कैंडिडा संक्रमण से सावधान रहना चाहिए।
9. झुनझुनी की अनुभूति: आपके रक्त में अतिरिक्त चीनी से तंत्रिका क्षति हो सकती है। आप अपने हाथों और पैरों में झुनझुनी और सनसनी की कमी महसूस कर सकते हैं, साथ ही साथ अपनी बाहों, हाथों, पैरों और पैरों में दर्द का दर्द देख सकते हैं। आप अपनी बाहों, हाथों और पैरों में जलता दर्द भी महसूस कर सकते हैं।
10. शुष्क मुँह और खुजली वाली त्वचा: मधुमेह रोगाणुओं से लड़ने की आपकी क्षमता को कमजोर कर सकता है, जिससे आपके मसूड़ों में संक्रमण का खतरा बढ़ जाता है। आपके मसूड़ों को अपने दांतों से दूर खींच सकते हैं, आपके दाँत ढीले हो सकते हैं, या आपके मसूड़ों में घाव या मवाद विकसित कर सकते हैं। इसके अलावा, निर्जलीकरण के कारण शुष्क मुंह और खुजली वाली त्वचा सकती है।
Acupuncture therapy is a technique for urging the body to advance characteristic mending and enhance work. This is finished by embeddings sanitized, stainless-steel needles (that are as fine as a human hair) into particular focuses situated close or on the surface of the skin which can modify different biochemical and physiological conditions with a specific end goal to treat a wide assortment of ailments.
Customary Chinese Medicine sees a man as a vitality framework in which body and psyche are bound together, each affecting and adjusting the other. Not at all like Western pharmaceutical, which endeavors to disengage and isolate an infection from a man, Chinese Medicine, accentuates a comprehensive approach that treats the entire individual.
Your professional will make a Chinese therapeutic analysis in view of a careful examination and interview. The examination incorporates the evaluation of the beat and tongue. Once a determination is made, your acupuncturist will pick the most fitting needle therapy focuses for treatment.
Qi - The essential establishment for Oriental prescription is that there is an existence vitality coursing through the body which is called "Qi" (articulated chee). This vitality courses through the body on channels known as meridians that associate the greater part of our real organs. As indicated by Chinese medicinal hypothesis, sickness emerges when the repetitive stream of Qi in the meridians winds up plainly uneven or is blocked.
Acupuncture therapy focuses are ranges of assigned electrical affectability that have been appeared to be viable in the treatment of particular medical issues. They have been mapped out by the Chinese over a time of more than 2000 years.
Sadly, there is no conclusive response to this question. The length, number and recurrence of medicines will change from individual to individual contingent upon the conditions being dealt with, your age and wellbeing, and how you react to acupuncture therapy. Acupuncture therapy is a characteristic prescription that is helping your body to roll out improvements. This can be a slow procedure.
A meeting with an accomplished professional about you and your condition will offer the best guide for the length of treatment.
By and large, intense issues require less time and recurrence of treatment. For instance, an intense sprain may require just a single or two medications, though more endless or serious sicknesses may require a few (or a few dozen) medicines.
To what extent will it take for the medicines to work?
A positive reaction to Acupuncture therapy medicines is for the most part observed after the first to fourth treatment. On the off chance that you are being dealt with for a menstrual issue or fruitlessness, give the medications three menstrual cycles for your body to react. You will plan your arrangements further and promote separated after you have accomplished ideal reaction.
How frequently would it be a good idea for me to be dealt with?
Once more, this relies on upon what you are being dealt with for and your professional. It is basic for medications to be booked maybe a couple times each week at the outset to get ideal reaction and after that once every other week. On the off chance that you are not ready to timetable arrangements that much of the time, your acupuncturist may recommend Chinese herbs, dietary changes, activities or weight indicates for you use at home.
Acupuncture therapy is additionally frequently utilized; as a safeguard medication. Many individuals see their acupuncturist just 2-4 times each year for a "tune up" or "adjusting" treatment. This can counteract infection and advance well being, vitality and essentialness.
Can Acupuncture Treat Skin Ailments?
Clear Up Acne
Acupuncture therapy re-balancing impact has a method for quieting breakouts, regardless of whether ceaseless or brought about by month-to-month hormonal vacillations. "We take a gander at skin break out as an impression of interior warmth, and the stomach related framework,"
Light up Dull Skin
Acupuncture therapy can help a dull appearance both straightforwardly—by activating neighborhood mending forms in the face—and by implication, by recalibrating real frameworks. "Essentially by putting a needle in the skin, you're fortifying skin flow, lymphatic waste, and collagen generation ". However, additionally, "bluntness can regularly be an absence of vitality coursing through the body legitimately. We work to raise your vitality and adjust what's happening."
Fix and Tone
Regardless of whether your worry is the gravitational draw on your legs or slack facial skin, a couple needle pricks can firm things up. Acupuncture therapy is "completely stunning for muscle tone and more profound tissue tone in the body," she says. "It will unwind the more profound tissue muscles that are too tight, and fix the ones that are [loose]. It's okay to lift and chiseling the cheeks and jawline, and notwithstanding to lift eyebrows."
Mango is everybody’s favourite fruit and also one of the main reasons why most people so eagerly wait for the summer season to begin. It has various types such as alphonso, kesari etc. It is considered to be the king of all fruits. This fruit is not only juicy and extremely tasty but it has numerous health benefits as well. Everybody loves mango so much and it tastes so good that people tend to forget it has health benefits too. Let’s take a look at the health benefits of eating mango:
- Prevents cancer: The best dietician in India says that the antioxidant compounds present in mango help in fighting against cancer. Consuming this fruit can help to prevent colon, prostate, breast and various other cancers.
- Clear skin: Lucknow dietician, the best dietician in India says that eating mangoes can help you to achieve a clear and healthy skin. Mangoes can help you to get rid of pimples and also help clear clogged pores.
- Good for keeping cholesterol in check: Mango has a high level of vitamin C, pectin and fibre that help your cholesterol levels to lower down.
- Improves digestion: The best dietician in India says that mango contains enzymes that aid in breaking down proteins. Being rich in fibre, mangoes help in digestion.
- Strengthening the immune system: Being rich in vitamin A, vitamin C and 25 different kinds of carotenoids, mangoes help in keeping your immune system healthy.
- Eye care: Vitamin A is present in mangoes abundantly.Just one cup of sliced mangoes equals to 25% of your daily need of Vitamin A. Thus mangoes are very good for eye health and promote good eyesight.
Nutrition Chart for mangoes:
One mango (approx. 336 grams) contains about:
- 201 calories
- 1.3 g fat (2%) – Saturated fat 0.3 g, polyunsaturated fat 0.2 g, monounsaturated fat 0.5 g
- 0 g cholesterol
- 3 mg sodium (0%)
- 50 g carbohydrates (46 g sugar and 5.4 g dietary fibre)
- 2.8 g protein (6%)
- 73% vitamin A
- 204% vitamin C
- 4% calcium
- 3% iron
- 20% vitamin B-6
- 8% magnesium
Dealing with oily skin is a slippery slope. Here’s how to handle oily skin flawlessly.
Gorgeous in the morning, and greasy in the afternoon – sounds familiar? You’re not alone! Tons of people share the oily skin type – which means the sebaceous (oil-producing) glands of your skin are overactive. Our skin needs a small amount of oil to stay soft and moisturised. But when the sebaceous glands produce more oil than required, the end result is shiny, greasy skin.
Usually, your hormones decide how much oil these glands will produce (which is why most people have to deal with oily skin in their teenage years)!
Other than that, your skin may also get oily because of:
- Your menstrual cycle – also related to hormones
- Genetic factors
- Physical or emotional stress
- Warm or humid weather
- Using too much makeup or harsh products
- Touching your face a lot
- Eating too many sugary foods
Today with a rise in the number of side effects more and more individuals are turning towards Ayurveda for their hair loss issue. Hair loss can humiliate and hamper one's self esteem and certainty. At the point when treated early hair loss can be decreased and even ceased totally. Ayurveda trusts that hair fall control is especially related to the body sort furthermore the solidness of your mind-body structure. Typically the Ayurvedic treatment for hair loss incorporates meditation, diet, yoga, and yes, we can't overlook medicated herbal oil massage.
Ayurvedic Remedies for Hair Fall:
- Bhringaraj: Bringharaj has natural reviving properties and is considered as a natural conditioner, it is ordinarily accessible in powdered form and as a oil. Make a paste out of the leaves and apply it on the scalp for quite a while before washing it off. Doing this all the time advances hair growth.
- Neem: For quite a long time, neem has been utilized to treat skin conditions and hair loss. Customary utilization of neem on the scalp enhances blood circulation and fortifies the roots, which thus advances hair growth. You can add neem leaves to your shower water.
- The Indian Gooseberry: Also called as Amla, this Ayurvedic remedy for hair fall helps in treating indigestion and purifies the blood. It goes about as a preventive measure for dandruff and is likewise a rich conditioner. Amla reduces the itchiness of the scalp. It is rich in vitamin C, which takes care of numerous hair issues from inside. Make a paste which you can apply to your scalp to advance black and thick hair.
- Shikakai: Shikakai actually implies fruit for hair. Shikakai is rich in antioxidants and contains expansive doses of vitamin C and D. This is useful for hair growth and nourishment. Normal utilization of shikakai will help your locks turn out to be long and glossy. Shikakai shampoos are accessible all over.
- Ritha: Ritha or soap nuts have been utilized by ladies for a considerable length of time as a natural shampoo. At the point when utilized routinely, ritha advances hair growth and makes hair thick and wonderful. Ritha additionally conditions your hair while cleansing it.
- Brahmi: Brahmi fortifies hair and advances hair growth. It gives nourishment to the roots and advances new follicle growth. You can make a paste of brahmi with amla, ritha, tulsi and ashwagandha powder and a liberal measure of curd. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Most people listen to music or their favourite videos while on the move, and they spend a considerable amount of time plugging in the headphones or earphones. If you are concerned about the pros and cons of the headphones and earphones, or rather which one is better, you will have to consider various aspects. These include noise isolation, frequency response, noise cancellation and comfort of wearing.
Earphones are devices which are worn on the pinna or the internal part of the ear. This device is also referred to as earbuds, in-ears, canal phones, buds, in-ear headphones, IEMs.
Headphones are equipment worn on or around the ear. These are not considered as handy as the earphones and are also known as ear speakers. Let’s evaluate the pros and cons of these two devices and choose the one that is better.
- Frequency response curve: This helps in assessing how much distortion is brought about by the devices which relate to the clarity. They should be able to respond equally well to all the pitches without transmitting any frequency more loudly than another. This suggests that the frequency you are receiving should be exactly similar to what has been fed in regardless of the frequency ranges. Typically, the earphones have bad frequency response while the headphones tend to have better frequency response. If you are primarily concerned about the noise distortion, then you should opt for headphones.
- Noise isolation: By this, it is understood how well does the gear help in isolating other noises than what you are trying to listen. Generally, higher noise isolation is preferred unless you are willing to hear the sounds of the ambience. Better isolation also ensures that your audio would not bother others surrounding you. A rightly fitted pair of earphones would be able to give you the best noise isolation whereas good over-ear headphones would not be able to seal the sound from going out.
- Noise cancellation: Noise cancellation is entirely different from the noise isolation. In the process of noise isolation, the atmospheric sounds which intrude in are reproduced and inverted. This is an excellent feature especially when you are travelling in a public commute or walking down the street.
When it comes to earphones, the noise-cancelling earphones are not as effective as headphones unless you buy any of the high-end pieces. But the headphones are far better in cancelling the noises that are constantly playing in the backdrop.
Judging from all these aspects, the headphones tend to be a better purchase than the earphones, and they are also much more comfortable. Still, it boils down to personal preference at the end. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
Exposing your skin to harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun can have devastating effects on your skin,including wrinkles, sunburn and even skin cancer. So, using a sunscreen every time you step outdoors and using it correctly is of vital importance to have healthy skin. However, most people have different misconceptions about sunscreen usage. Read on to find the real facts behind these widespread sunscreen myths:
1. You don’t need to apply sunscreen if your makeup contains SPF: If any of your makeup products like foundation or powder contains SPF, do not assume that it can replace your sunscreen. Makeup containing SPF cannot protect your skin entirely as cosmetics are generally applied lightly,and mostly doesn’t cover places like T-zones, earlobes or hairline. To fully shield your skin from the sunrays, it’s necessary to apply sunscreen or moisturizer with at least SPF 30 before putting makeup on. It is advisable to apply the sunscreen half an hour before stepping out for maximum benefit.
2. Putting sunscreen on your skin once is enough to protect you throughout the day: Most people apply sunscreen only once before heading out of the house, and don’t reapply it again throughout the entire day.Contrary to popular belief, this does not provide protection for the entire day as most sunscreens lose their effect with time. To ensure that your skin remains protected you need to reapply sunscreen once every 2 hours, and once every 40-80 minutes if you are engaging in activities like swimming and exercising.
3. Waterproof sunscreens won’t wash off: Even if your sunscreen is waterproof, you need to reapply it at regular intervals if you are pursuing water sports like swimming or are the kind who washes their face frequently. When a sunscreen is typified as waterproof, it actually means that the composition of the sunscreen makes it suitable for functioning for a maximum of 1 hour and 20 minutes under water. Moreover, sunscreens containing a ‘water-resistant’ label can bear water immersion up to at most 40 minutes. So, irrespective of whatever the label of the sunscreen mentions, you need to reapply sunscreen every hour to protect your skin effectively.
4. You do not need to apply sunscreen in winters or you are when indoors: Winter skin is relatively more sensitive than summer skin which is tanned. If one is in hilly areas or snow covered regions there is reflection of UV light from the snow that causes more skin damage. Also glass can allow UV rays to pass through and indoor lighting can also be a source of UV exposure, therefore you should apply sunscreen even when you are indoors.
Autism is the most common condition in a group of developmental disorders known as the autism spectrum disorders (asds). Autism is characterized by impaired social interaction, problems with verbal and nonverbal communication, and unusual, repetitive, or severely limited activities
Autistic children have difficulties with social interaction, problems with verbal and nonverbal communication, and repetitive behaviors and narrow obsessive interests.
Children with autism may fail to respond to their name and often avoid eye contact with other people. They have difficulty interpreting what others are thinking or feeling because they can’t understand social cues, such as tone of voice or facial expressions, and don’t watch other people’s faces for clues about appropriate behavior. They often lack empathy and engage in repetitive movements such as rocking and twirling, they also tend to start speaking later than other children and may refer to themselves by name instead of “i” or “me.” children with autism don’t know how to play interactively with other children. Some speak in a sing-song voice about a narrow range of favorite topics, with little regard for the interests of the person to whom they are speaking. Many children with autism have a reduced sensitivity to pain, but are abnormally sensitive to sound, touch, or other sensory stimulation. These unusual reactions may contribute to behavioral symptoms.
If you are suffering from Bleeding piles one simple tip will work for you.
Eat papaya, Radish and fiber rich foods that can help you prevent constipation. Constipation and excessive straining results in Piles disease. So, avoid constipation. Avoid straining during passing of stool.
The Growing Child: 1 to 3 Months
How much will my baby grow?
While all babies may grow at a different rate, the following indicates the average for boys and girls 1 to 3 months of age:
Weight: average gain of about 1½ to 2 pounds each month
Height: average growth of over 1 inch each month
Head size: average growth of about ½ inch each month
What can my baby do at this age?
As your baby begins to grow, you will notice new and exciting abilities that develop. Babies at this age begin to relax the tight muscle tone of newborns and begin extending their arms and legs more. While babies may progress at different rates, the following are some of the common milestones your baby may reach in this age group:
Some of the newborn protective reflexes begin to disappear
Neck muscles become stronger, head bobs then is held erect
Turns head from side to side when placed on belly
Brings hands or objects to mouth
Looks at hands
Follows light, faces, objects
Listens to sounds
Opens and closes hands
Holds, then drops a rattle or other object
Active leg movements
At the end of 3 months:
Raises head and chest when placed on belly
Beginning to reach hands to objects, may bat at hanging object with hands
What can my baby say?
It is very exciting for parents to watch their babies become social beings that can interact with others. While every baby develops speech at his or her own rate, the following are some of the common milestones in this age group:
Begins to imitate some sounds (coos, vowel sounds)
Cries become more purposeful and are different for hunger, fatigue, and other needs
What does my baby understand?
A baby's understanding and awareness of the world around him or her increases during this time. While babies may progress at different rates, the following are some of the common milestones in this age group:
Knows familiar voices, especially of mother and father
Smiles in response to others
Responds to social contact, may coo
Moves arms, legs, body in rhythm with other's voice
How to help increase your baby's development and emotional security
Young babies need the security of a parent's arms, and they understand the reassurance and comfort of your voice, tone, and emotions. Consider the following as ways to foster emotional security of your newborn:
Hold your baby face to face and make eye contact.
Talk to your baby with a soothing, animated voice throughout the day while dressing, bathing, feeding, or playing with your baby.
Sing to your baby.
Give your baby rattles and soft toys with different sounds.
Let your baby hear different sounds (for example, wind chime, ticking clock, soft music, or music box).
Show your baby bright pictures of black and white images.
Hang a mobile with bright objects above your baby.
Call your baby by name.
Hold your baby during feedings and provide comfort when he or she is distressed and cuddling when happy.
Being a woman has its own set of physical challenges. With the different anatomical and physiological features, the problems that women face also are different. Three out of four patients with hypothyroidism are women. Male to female ratio of migraine patients is also 3:1. These and various other diseases are predominantly seen in women. In addition to this, there is also the highly sophisticated gynecologic system. This brings its own unique set of diseases like dysmenorrhea, cysts, fibroids, menstrual problems.
Given that a woman’s body is quite unique and sophisticated with various organs working in close coordination with each other, let us take a look at how homoeopathy which usually tries to get to the root of the problem and correct the whole system as a whole.
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS): PCOS has a strong genetic predisposition along with obesity and type 2 diabetes. There are often multiple cysts in the ovaries with irregular menstruation, a higher amount of testosterone, and fertility issues. In homoeopathy, Apis Melllfica, Pulsatilla, Lachesis, Graphites, and Sepia are frequently used based on patient’s symptoms.
- Irregular menses: What needs to be understood is irregular menses is a symptom of an underlying disease and a detailed history and clinical examination (including ultrasound scanning) are required to nail down the underlying reason. Natrum Muriaticum, Sepia, Pulsatilla, Senecio Aureus, Staphysagria, Cimicifuga, Euphrasia, and Magnesium Carbonicum are some common agents used to manage irregular menses based on underlying causes.
- Dysmenorrhea: Menstruation is associated with pain in the abdomen, hips, and thighs in a lot of women. However, this should ideally be a painless process as it is physiologic. In some women, it is also associated with severe cramping, diarrhea, and pain that is relieved with warmth. Pulsatilla, Belladonna, Mag Phos, Nux Vomica, and Cimicifuga are some commonly used agents to help women reduce the pain and relax.
- Infertility: Again, like irregular menses, there is a strong reason contributing to infertility which needs to be identified and addressed. Given the social nature of the issue, there is a strong psychological component, and so the couple should engage in a detailed mental and physical constitutional discussion to arrive at a customised regimen. Calcarea Carb, Borax, Aletris Farinosa, Natrum Phos, Pulsatilla, Sepia, Natrum Carb, Agnus Castus, Sabal, Conium are used for managing infertility based on accompanying symptoms.
- Thyroid problem: As noted earlier, hypothyroidism is extremely common in women. There is also a strong linkage between infertility, repeated miscarriages, irregular menses, etc. with the thyroid hormone levels. Calcarea Carbonica, Sepia Officinalis, Graphites, Lycopodium clavatum, and Nux Vomica are some commonly used homoeopathy products in hypothyroid women.
- Migraine: Another problem seen predominantly in women with strong linkage to menstruation cycles and hormones. Belladonna, Natrum Mur, Sanguinaria, Spigelia, and Glonoine are commonly used.
For these common medical conditions, especially in women, homoeopathy offers more holistic treatment with minimal side effects. It may take a while for the body to respond, but it is definitely advisable. Self-medication is best avoided as each woman is unique. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Anger is among the gamut of emotions we exhibit as a reaction to a situation, and it is a 'normal' emotion too as long as it is kept under control. Some people have the propensity to explode when pushed to the extreme. They keep swallowing their emotions until they can finally do it no more, and erupt like a volcano. Others dealing with extreme anger are like a ticking time bomb. You'll never know what you unwittingly say or do can trigger an explosion. In either case, anger that cannot be controlled comes with a physical reaction.
Your heart beats faster preparing you for both action and reaction. Your breathing quickens. You may clench your fist, tighten your shoulders and go into a defensive position. The problem arises out of the fact that it is almost impossible to feel anger and empathy at the same time. An angry person is seldom sensitive to the well being of his victim, and hence may lash out verbally and sometimes physically. Such things done in the heat of the moment mostly leaves us with regrets. So here are a few ways to deal with extreme anger.
- Acknowledge it: The first step in solving a problem is recognizing that you have one. The fundamental problem here is that people believe they are on the right track and refuse to budge from their views. It is essential to realize that this step is not about deciding whether you are right or wrong, but acknowledging the fact that your reaction to the situation can be channeled in a better way. When getting someone to acknowledge their anger problem, be careful as to not use negative words like wrong, false and shouldn't. Instead, influence with positive words like can and should. Instead of saying 'You are wrong to react like this', you can say, 'I understand what you are feeling. Is there a way we can resolve this situation?'
- Recognize the signs: Once you know that your problems exist, you can try devising ways that will work for you in dealing with the situation. You can count to 10 to calm yourself or simply decide to not speak until you can calm yourself. Knowing that you may enter into an argument in a situation, you can list down the points that you feel strongly about and discuss each of them one by one. Working your way through a finite list gives a better opportunity to reach closure at the end.
- Find ways to let it go: Not all arguments end in closure. A lot of unsaid justifications cloud our mind repeatedly leaving us seething from the inside. Research has shown that the neurological anger response lasts less than two seconds. Beyond that it takes a strong will to stay angry. Once you realize how much your anger is consuming your mind, decide to free your mind with meditation and other calming exercises. Tell yourself that some people and issues simply don't deserve your anger, emotion, reaction or time.