Submit a review for sriYour feedback matters!
Many guys, especially those who are "quick on the trigger," would do just about anything to be able to engage in sex for hours on end without ejaculating. But men who actually experience delayed male ejaculation find this to be a burden rather than an asset. Even men who practice exceptional penis care may find themselves one of the fairly rare victims of delayed male ejaculation - and they may not be happy about it.
Does it exist?
Many men don't believe there is such a thing as delayed male ejaculation. They think that, sure, once in a blue moon a man might find himself in a situation where proper stimulation still didn't lead to that sought-for release; but on the whole, it's not something that happens often to a man.
In fact, some studies indicate that 3% of men experience delayed male ejaculation on some sort of regular basis. Many clinicians believe it is significantly underreported. And while there is some association with increased age, even young men may suffer from it. As a matter of fact, for some men this can be a lifelong issue.
Delayed ejaculation can mean different things to different people. For some it may mean a total or near-total inability to achieve ejaculation. For others, ejaculation may be achieved, but only after a lengthy period of time. (The definition of lengthy can vary as well.) In some cases, a man may ejaculate from masturbation but not from partner sex, or (perhaps more rarely) vice versa. One man may experience delayed ejaculation that occurs regularly; another may experience it on a recurring basis but not all the time.
One interesting point is that in almost all cases, the delayed male ejaculation is not due to an inability to obtain or maintain erection. The vast majority of men with this issue report that they experience very firm, solid erections for a lengthy amount of time.
So what causes delayed ejaculation? The facts about its causes are open to debate, but these are the main theories behind the problem:
2. Medications. Similarly, some medications (such as antidepressants), have the potential to interfere with the fulfillment of the ejaculatory impulse.
3. Surgery. Pelvic area surgery or a radical prostatectomy is often associated with disruption in penile function, including the possibility of delayed male ejaculation.
4. Psychological factors. As with many other erectile issues, often the problem is all in the head. Many men may have complex psychological issues that express themselves at least partially in delayed male ejaculation. This can be especially true for men with strong feelings of guilty or shame associated with sex or with some aspect of sex.
Similarly, sometimes a man may have severe performance anxiety where sex is concerned; however, instead of this resulting in an inability to become erect or in premature ejaculation, it instead manifests as a delayed response.
5. Masturbation habits. In some instances, a man may masturbate in such a manner or with such frequency that his penis becomes accustomed to stimulation that cannot be effectively duplicated through penetrative or oral sex.
The facts also indicate that sometimes delayed male ejaculation may result from a loss of penis sensitivity. Using a first class penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) with acetyl L carnitine may help with this. Acetyl L carnitine is neuroprotective and helps when peripheral nerve damage has produced a loss of sensation. The crème should also include both Shea butter and vitamin E to help keep the skin moisturized. Dehydrated skin can make proper access of penis sensation difficult as well.
Everyone would like to age gracefully such that the age is simply a number and adds to one's charm. However in practice, this may sometimes cease to happen. In more cases than not, underlying reason for the same is the declining testosterone levels.
Testosterone is the powerful hormone which performs a host of functions in our bodies, including:
- Managing libido
- Regulating sperm production
- Promoting muscle mass
- Regularizing energy levels
A decrease in testosterone levels could be a significant matter in the life of most people. Reduction in testosterone levels with age is nevertheless a natural part of aging.
IN THE WOMB
While one is in the developing stages as a fetus in the womb, testosterone plays an important role in development. This drives the development of male reproductive system as well.
ADOLESCENCE TO EARLY ADULTHOOD
It is while one is an adolescent or in early adulthood that one's testosterone levels are the highest. During puberty, first signs of testosterone or androgens are apparent.
- A boy's voice changes
- His shoulders broaden
- Facial structure becomes more masculine
However with passage of years, testosterone levels begin to decline. This declines at around 1% per year after 30 years of age.
Low testosterone could be linked with sexual dysfunctions, some of which include:-
- A loss in libido
- Inability to get spontaneous erections
- Erectile dysfunction
- Infertility in women
Reducing levels of testosterone may also lead to changes such as:
- Feeling tired all the time
- Not getting the desired results with diet and exercise
- Reduced performance at work
- Change in sleeping patterns
- Emotional changes
- Increase in body fat
- Reduction in muscle bulk or loss of strength
- Reducing bone density
With advancement in medical science, doctors have come to discover that low testosterone levels could be the underlying cause of disorders such as
While the symptoms as mentioned above may be considered as normal part of aging, these may also result from some underlying factors.
These may include:-
- A reaction to certain medications
- Thyroid gland disorders
- Excessive use of alcohol
It is very important to make sure that one maintains the right testosterone levels in one's body. While going for the right kind of a diet is of extreme importance, one may also choose to go for some herbal supplements.
These herbal supplements should not be seen as steroids, because they are not testosterone enhancers. Instead, these contain the right kind of herbs that would be very useful for one to maintain the right kind of hormone balance in the body, and also make sure that all systems in the body function well.
Keep your testosterone levels to the optimum, only with Stay-On Power Capsules. 100% herbal, Stay-On Power Capsules are free from all steroids, have no side effects on your being and work equally well for men and women alike.
लिंग तनाव समस्या से परेशान: क्या करें?
लिंग के तनाव कि समस्या से हताश हो चुके हैं? घबराइये नहीं: आपको बताएगा कि सबकुछ फिर से सामान्य कैसे किया जाये...
1. अपने साथी से संवाद
यदि आपको लगता है कि आपको लिंग के तनाव से जुडी समस्या है, तो अपने साथी से इस सन्दर्भ में बातचीत करना सही होगाI याद रखिये कि इस समस्या का प्रभाव आपके साथ साथ आपके पार्टनर पर भी पड़ता है, इसलिए उन्हें इस में शामिल रखना बेहतर हैI हम जानते हैं कि आपको ऐसा करने में संकोच महसूस होगा, लेकिन इस समस्या के संधान कि दिशा में पहला कदम यही हैI विशेषकर जब इस समस्या के पीछे का कारण शारीरिक कम और और मनोवैज्ञानिक ज़्यादा होI
2. डॉक्टर से परामर्श
लिंग तनाव कि समस्या के 75 प्रतिशत मामले भौतिक होते हैं और इनका आसानी से उपचार हो जाता हैI इसलिए, सिर्फ संकोच और शर्म के चलते डॉक्टर को अपनी समस्या न बताकर आप अपना ही नुकसान करेंगेI डॉक्टर से सलाह लेकर आप न सिर्फ इस समस्या का कारण पता लगा सकेंगे, बल्कि इसका हल भी ढूँढ सकेंगेI डॉक्टर से मिलना इसलिए भी आवस्यक है क्यूंकि लिंग तनाव कि समस्या कई बार किडनी,नाड़ी, न्यूरोलॉजिकल विकार, या डायबिटीज से भी जुडी हो सकती हैI डॉक्टर आपकी मदद अवश्य कर सकता है...
3. समस्या कि जड़ तक पहुंचें
समस्या की सही पहचान उसके उपचार के लिए ज़रूरी हैI बढ़ती उम्र के साथ अक्सर रक्त वाहिनी से जुडी जटिलता इस समस्या का कारण बनती है जबकि कम उम्र के पुरुषों में ये समस्या अक्सर मानसिक तनाव, निराशा भाव, या प्रदर्शन के दबाव के चलते पायी जाती हैI कुछ दवाओं का साइड इफ़ेक्ट या टेस्टोस्टेरोन स्तर की कमी भी इसका कारण हो सकता हैI
4. जीवन शैली में बदलाव
दिनचर्या में कुछ छोटे बदलाव लेकर आप इस समस्या के समाधान की और पहले कदम उठा सकते हैंI कई बार केवल धूम्रपान बंद करना, हल्का व्यायाम और तनाव का अंत ही इसके समाधान के लिए पर्याप्त रहता हैI जिन लोगों को इसके उपचार के लिए दवाइयों की ज़रूरत पड़ती है, जीवनशैली में बदलाव इस उपचार में और सहायक बन जाता हैI
It can be frustrating suffering from enlarged prostate. When you are suffering from the condition one thing for sure is that you need to make a number of changes in your life. Some of these changes include:
Reduce your fluid intake
To reduce the number of times that you have to go to the bathroom, you need to reduce your fluid intake. As rule of thumb, you shouldn't take any water before going to bed. You also shouldn't take coffee or beer before going to bed. Even when you avoid the fluids it's common to feel the urge to urinate. When you are in the bathroom, you should try "double voiding." This is where you urinate, relax, then wait for a moment then resume your urination. Doing this ensures that you empty your bladder at once thus not requiring you to go to the bathroom a second time.
Cold weather is attributed to the need for regular urination. You should keep your house warm. You do this by staying warm. Ensure that your house is warm by installing furnaces and other heating units. Also, avoid regularly going out at night in cold weather.
Watch the food that you eat:
Experts report that the food you take can make or break your prostate. When you are suffering from enlarged prostate you need to avoid the food that would worsen the condition. Some of the food you need to stay away from include:
Red meat and processed meat: Meat that isn't properly done has been shown to contain high levels of heterocyclic amines that are carcinogenic and worsen your enlarged prostate. To be on the safe side you should avoid foods such as sausage, beef, hot dogs, lunch meats, pork, and others.
Daily and calcium: A research study published by the Journal of nutrition, drinking whole milk increases the progression of fatal prostate cancer. To keep your condition in check you should avoid taking plenty of milk. If you have to take it, you should stick to fat-free milk. To be on the safe side you should take salmon, sesame seeds, bell peppers, tomatoes, avocados, tofu, and vegetables.
Engage in exercises
If you have never exercised before, now it's the time to start as experts have reported that doing so relieves nervousness thus you are able to urinate without any problems. Exercising also relieves stress. The cool thing is that you don't have to engage in strenuous exercises to reap the benefits. Simple exercises such as walking are enough.
Hello doctor, my pennies size is very small it's 3'5 and it's slim also am married I can't take it long while sex and what kind of food is good for healthy sex life? I do exercise everyday and I don't smoke or drink any alcohol please suggest me.
Sexual problems are very common in men and women. There are various reasons because of which sex may not be as pleasing as it can be. The reasons for this could range from the emotional connect that is shared with the person to actual physical issues which stop you from performing. Read on to know the 3 most common sexual problems in males and females.
- Impotence: When the male cannot attain and/or sustain an erection to allow for a good intercourse, it is termed as impotence. This is one of the most common problems, and it could be due to strained relationships, performance anxiety, smoking, diabetes, hormonal problems, etc. Most often, it is psychological and easy to cure.
- Reduced libido: A man not being “in the mood” may be something hard to associate with, but many a time, it happens. This is largely due to psychological causes, and if the partners don’t strike a chord, that could be the reason too. Other reasons could be hormonal imbalance, high blood pressure, etc.
- Ejaculation issues: There could be disorders which could be due to ejaculation that is premature, inhibited, or retrograde. These lead to improper release of sperms, either premature or delayed or back into the bladder. The underlying problem usually is easily identified by the doctor and is treatable.
- In all of these, admitting the problem is the first and most effective step towards treatment.
- In addition to counseling, which usually involves the partner, hormones may be needed in some.
- Quitting smoking, beginning exercise, blood sugar and pressure control, etc. are also required.
- In very rare cases, vacuum devices and penile implants may be required.
- Dyspareunia: The most common sexual problem in females is painful sex, which makes it difficult for the couple. This could be due to vaginal dryness, UTIs, pelvic area infections, etc. This is one of the main reason for reduced libido. Topical lubricants are often useful, in addition to counseling to allay fears and improve overall relationship.
- Reduced libido: This is very common in women, and could be due to relationship issues, painful sex, hormonal imbalance, etc. This is also possible due to the multiple roles that a woman plays, so much so that she never has time to think about it.
- Anorgasmia: Women have more difficulty in achieving orgasm, which is also more psychological and often a combination of sex education and counseling helps.
- Includes combination of medications, hormonal therapy, and sex education.
- Vaginal dryness is improved using lubricants
- Supplement hormones are very useful.
- Sex counseling also involving the partner
- Infections or inflammation in the pelvic tract need to be treated with medications.
The inability of maintaining an erection or having one at all, is termed as erectile dysfunction. It's much more popular by the name of impotence or ED. Infrequent ED is normal, and it doesn't indicate a larger health issue whereas regular ED may signal an underlying health problem which causes relationship disputes, stress and reduced self-esteem.
ED can affect anyone: Erectile dysfunction can trigger in any person without any specific health or lifestyle issues. For instance, you may always have been very healthy and had a great lifestyle. You always took care of yourself, and you are free from anxiety, stress or depression. But you are wondering what may be the cause of your erectile dysfunction? You may have been figuring out prospective causes, and nothing seems to relate to this trouble. You are not under any severe medication, which may hit you with an ED or any injection which could be a possible reason for your erectile woes. In a moment of utter dismay, you may give way to thinking that either you have been destined to face it or maybe, it is simply hereditary.
Causes of ED: But this is not wholly true. There may be numerous health problems that can be inherited through genes, which in turn may lead to erectile dysfunction but impotence itself is not a hereditary issue. Medical conditions like cardiac disease or diabetes are commonly inherited and both are related to ED. But it is not possible to acquire erectile issues from the previous generation.
There are some sexologists who feel that there are a few particular genes, which may be inherited from the previous generation and that makes a man more vulnerable to erectile dysfunction. They believe that a few specific gene variables have been associated to high chances of developing ED, and these genes can make their way from father to son. However, this research is still continuing, and nothing has been proved until yet. Once it becomes evident, then the issue can be handled with gene therapy where your faulty genes can be altered with a correct one in the affected person. It may also be done by eliminating a redundant gene or adding a new gene, which can combat the one which is causing the dysfunction.
So while you may believe that your erectile dysfunction is because of your genes, it is quite likely that your impotence is not a hereditary problem at all. There is no need to be anxious that your private health issues will be inherited in your family line. So it's better to get rid of that vague idea right out of your mind. However, it is also important to consider that in case you are suffering from erectile dysfunction, there must be some underlying causes though they may not be evident. You are advised to eat a healthy diet and avoid unhealthy habits and talk to a sexologist to lower your risk of erectile dysfunction.
I watch lot of porns but I can control masturbation, but the problem is I am getting nightfall 1ce or twice in a week .is it because of watching porn movies.
Sir ek din bina erection ke kisi tarah mene mesterbuate kiya tab se pure penis me uncomfort feel hota hai .penis me kuch chuvan lagti hai .urine karne ke bad halka dard hota hai. Pure scrotum me warm lagta hai .burning feel hota hai. Din bhar unrest rehta hu .kuch kam me man ni lagta .anus vi jalan karta aur garam lagta hai .pls help kya iska ilaz hai me theek ni ho sakta kya .meri shadi ek mahine pehle hui hai .ye problem 4.5 months se hai. Pls dawa aur ilaz bataye .doxycycline ofloxacin aur vi kai medicine liya faida ni .ultra sound vi karwaya. Sab theek hai. Kisi ne kaha ye genital Dysaesthesia hai. Iska ilaz ni.
I had sex for 1st time on 20th and took 2 unwanted 72 tabs out of fright. He ejaculated outside me and we stupidly used a plastic in place of condom. On 28th I had my periods which were due on 11th of next month. I have pcos so my periods r irregular further till last month I was on loette till 7th of this month but then I didn't renew due to some skin reactions to the pill. Why is this bleeding so early and am I pregnant?
Erectile dysfunction is when a man fails to develop or maintain an erection. The situation if not cured can spoil a relationship as a healthy sexual life is important for healthy partnership between couples.
Intake of certain drugs, neurogenic disorders, aging, surgery, smoking, obesity, diseases like diabetes and kidney failure are among the primary causes of this condition.
Erectile dysfunction is nothing to be ashamed of. In fact, timely medication can greatly improve the condition. For proper awareness, it is necessary to get the facts right. Most men, at some point of time, experience erectile dysfunction. It often goes untreated because most men find the condition embarrassing enough to be discussed. This lack of awareness has given rise to many unreasonable and illogical myths and misconceptions.
Treatment methods used for erectile dysfunction depend on the specific cause and nature of the condition. Ayurveda provides an effective remedy to the problem of impotence through long-established healing methods. Ayurvedic treatment makes use of traditional herbal medicine that cures the condition and prevents it from reoccurring. In Ashtanga Ayurveda, sexual dysfunction is treated through medication composed of vajikarana herbs. 'Vaji' is the Sanskrit word for a horse, which is an age-old symbol of virility and sexual potency.
These herbs have been conventionally used to cure conditions related to erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, lack of libido and male infertility. A few herbs used in vajikarana therapy for treating erectile dysfunction are:
- Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus)
- The 'panchaule' orchid (Dactylorhiza hatagirea)
- Safed Musli (Chlorophytum borivilianum)
- Kali Musli (Curculigo orchioides Gaertn)
Scientific tests and studies have shown that these ayurvedic herbs are effective in providing a remedy for the problem of impotence in men. This form of therapy takes a holistic approach treating and curing the symptoms of erectile dysfunction by eliminating the root cause of the problem. The greatest advantage of this treatment method is that there are no side effects. Relapses of the condition also do not occur. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Hello, I just want to increase ma ejaculation period. I ejaculate with in 2 minutes. And I get sexually aroused very quickly like if I see my cleavages of my girlfriend my penis gets erect so quickly. And I think it can be prevent premature ejaculation. Please suggest me any kind of exercise or medicine or trick. I just want to be last longer in bed anyhow.
Am masturbations from when I was 12 years old now am 20 yr. I did masturbate More than 1000 countless j think when I marry a girl what will be my conditions and my wife will get pregnant or not pls tell me.
Most men would like to improve their sex life.
Erectile dysfunction can be a very frustrating condition. Most men are not embarrassed to admit it and for many the thought of going soft is a real cause of concern. The good news is that adding a few different foods to your diet or enjoying a glass of red may put an end to your erection worries.
Erectile dysfunction, (ED) is the inability to keep an erection and this is also referred to as impotence. If there is not enough blood flow to the penis, a man cannot achieve an erection. This condition can be fixed and the type of treatment always depends on the underlying cause. There are many treatment options available and these range from penile surgery, medication drugs, devices and lifestyle changes. This condition can affect men more as they get older and can be common in men within the ages of 45 to 70. Some men in their late 20's can even start experiencing symptoms, though the damage may have been building since a younger age.
Here you can discover the surprising causes of erectile dysfunction, plus natural ways to overcome this issue.
The main physical link to erectile dysfunction can be caused by atherosclerosis the thickening of the walls of the arteries. This condition causes arteries to narrow restricting blood flow. When the arteries are too clogged to carry blood, a man will not get a solid erection. There is often an overlap between physical and psychological causes.
Men Can Enjoy a Regular Glass of Red Wine
A glass or two of red wine is believed to enhance blood flow to the manhood area by opening up the arteries. Red wine can also increase levels of testosterone which can increase sexual desire.
Take a Diet Rich in Flavonoids
Red wine and berry fruits can be beneficial and can be as helpful as taking exercise such as walking on a daily basis.
Not everyone enjoys a glass of red so here are 8 foods you need to know about if you want keep hard in the bedroom.
Foods for ED
Men take note! Forget the pills, there are natural remedies helpful for ED.
You can take all the pills you like, but they're not addressing the underlying cause of the problem. What Viagra does is relax blood vessels but is only a quick fix solution. It doesn't matter how young you are, you can start now to make a few small changes to your diet. Men who eat a few servings a week of the following super foods were far less likely to go limp than men who didn't eat these foods. Fruit helps to stop and can reverse the build-up of fat in arteries. Fruit should definitely be consumed daily.
Studies suggest eating more foods rich in flavonoids such as the ones listed below can even reduce the risk of erectile dysfunction.
- Citrus fruits
- Berries such as strawberries, raspberries and blueberries,
- Apple and pears
- Garlic and Onions
Bananas give you much needed potassium which helps keep your heart healthy.
Garlic and onion contain allicin, which helps increase blood flow.
Bottom line: If you are considering trying a natural alternative, maybe these super foods above will give you a promising start. Your erection issue may go away as quickly as it occurred. This is also an opportunity to get a little healthier without spending a vast amount of commitment or expense. By increasing the blood flow to your penis, a healthy diet will help to improve the quality of your erections.
It goes without saying that sexual intercourse is an integral part of the lives of human beings and most importantly, it is crucial to have a healthy copulation to have a happy conjugal life. Several factors come into play while mating and the penis size is one such vital factor. Accordingly, owing to several disorders, there are various sexual solutions arriving at present that assist in the healthy mating of couples. One of the main methods is known as penis enlargement that is required to take care of the penis size in the males so that t can perform well during the process of sexual intercourse.
Why is the penis enlargement technique required?
As this organ or penis, is responsible for entering into the vagina of the females during intercourse, therefore, it has to be of an adequate size so that complete desire is fulfilled and the female partner is fully satisfied. However, often due to various reasons, the size of the penis is smaller than the usual size that hampers this whole process of sexual intercourse because it is not able to enter into the vagina totally. This leads to incompleteness while mating and there is dissatisfaction on the part of the females as well. The males on the other hand, who are having smaller penis size feel lower regarding confidence and also do not feel elated as well because they are not able to provide the desired fulfillment to their female partner and hence, this can grossly affect the relationship and well-being too. To solve this problem, today several treatment methods have come up so that the penis can be enlarged to a proper size to ensure that it attains the size that will completely enter into the vagina. These are known as penis enlargement techniques.
Process of penis enlargement and its utilities
The methods that are being applied for increasing the size of the penis is herbal, and the medicines are all made from natural and organic ingredients. Therefore, there are no chances of side effects in the long run and the medicines can also be applied directly. Before proceeding with the penis enlargement process, it is always advisable to consult a sexologist and only after thorough psychological and physical check-up, the actual treatment starts. There are different materials that make up the medicines, and all are taken from the plants, leaves, roots, stems and fruits along with some vital minerals and nutrients that aid in the growth of the nerve cells in the penis so as to enhance its size to an optimum level. The various other features that come into play while aggravating the size of the penis are:
- Promotes more blood circulation in the region of the penis that will nurture the male organ and hence, assists in its growth through a normalized blood flow.
- Helps in development of new tissue in the region of the penis.
- It not only helps in enlargement of the penis but also treats for lesser ejections and other related erectile issues.
- Allows any obstructions to be removed by giving appropriate potency to the veins, muscles, nerves and penis muscles as well.
- Apart from increasing the size of the penis, these treatment procedures help in enhancing the sperm motility and also augment the sperm count too.
- The herbal methods of treatment ensure appropriate production of testosterone hormone and stimulate its production.
- Immunity amplification and reduction in the risk of any health or sexual disorders and not only that, the medicines help in revitalizing the sexual desire too.
- It is always wise to give this medicine a definite try to reap its widespread benefits.
One of the most common sexual dysfunctions in men, premature ejaculation (PE) stands for the uncontrollable discharge of semen either prior to or shortly after sexual penetration. Usually, ejaculation that occurs within 30 seconds to 4 minutes is considered premature. Furthermore, there are two kinds of premature ejaculation:
Causes of premature ejaculation:
When it comes to causes, PE can have at its core several reasons. As you age and become wiser with time, you learn to control your orgasm. But there are times when you may experience uncontrolled ejaculation of semen. This usually occurs with a new sexual partner or if you've had your last ejaculation a long time ago. Nonetheless, the causes of this sexual problem can be the following:
Under this sub-head, a number of factors may contribute to the problem such as:
1. Your previous history of sexual intercourse can cause you to develop a pattern, which may prove to be difficult to change as you move on with your life. For example, situations where you've hastened the climax with your partner so as to hide the problem; or feelings of guilt that cause you to rush through your sexual intercourses can go on to give rise to PE.
2. Similarly, anxiety about your sexual performance or issues related to your sexual experience can also play a role in bringing about the uncontrolled discharge of semen.
3. Interpersonal problems between you and your partner can be a psychological trigger behind the problem as well.
4. Last but not the least, the fear of the failure to maintain an erection, more specifically the fear of erectile dysfunction can cause you to hasten the climax with your partner, leading to PE.
A number of biological factors can cause the problem of premature ejaculation, ranging from abnormal hormone and brain chemicals' levels, thyroid and prostate or urethra inflammation, to hereditary and abnormal reflex functions of the body's ejaculatory system.
How to manage your PE?
Apart from drug therapy, there are several ways through which you can effectively control your ejaculation and these are:
- Using condoms to reduce the sensitivity of your penis
- Having sexual intercourse with your partner on top can reduce your chances of experiencing premature ejaculation
- Indulging in longer foreplay can help delay your ejaculation
- Take deep breaths to delay stimulation and ejaculation
- Practice start-stop and squeeze techniques, which help in arousing your penis to the point of ejaculation but stopping before it occur to delay semen discharge.
Premature ejaculation can cause both you and your partner to be dissatisfied with your sex life. But there are ways available that can provide you with long-term relief from the problem. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
The male reproductive system is a complex web of blood vessels and tissue that ensures its proper functioning. Like any other form of tissue, it also has mechanisms which may allow it to heal or protect itself. However, sometimes the formation of scar tissue on the penis can cause problems by altering the shape and causing a bend in it. A severely bent penis due to the abnormal formation of scar tissue which may result in painful erections is known as Peyronie’s disease.
Symptoms of Peyronie’s disease
- Formation of scar tissue: One of the significant causes as well as symptoms of Peyronie’s disease is the formation of scar tissue under the skin of the penis. In fact, you can feel the scar tissues under the skin of the penis as hard lumps or a band of harder tissues compared to the surrounding areas.
- Problems in having or maintaining an erection: Peyronie’s disease is classified itself as an erectile dysfunction problem as it can cause issues with having an erection or keeping it erect for sexual stimulation to occur.
- Pain during erections: You may feel mild to acute pain in your penis whether you are in a flaccid or erect state.
- A noticeable and visible bend in the penis: Depending on where the scar tissues form, the penis may develop an abnormal bend which wasn’t present earlier. The bend may be a change in shape and may point to one side, upwards or downward. It may also narrow in certain points resulting in almost an hourglass like appearance.
Doctors are not exactly sure as to the reasons for the development of Peyronie’s disease but some of the common risk factors and causes are mentioned below
- Injuries: This is by far the most common reason due to which Peyronie’s disease occurs. Injuries caused due to sexual activity, sports or accidents usually result in the formation of scar tissues over a period of time that may result in this disorder.
- Genetics: Some times scar tissue may occur due to genetic disorders and thus may lead to Peyronie’s disease even without the influence of an external factor such as an injury. If any of your male family members has this disease, then you can develop this problem as well.
- Disorders of the connective tissue: Sometimes, certain muscular or degenerative disorders of tissue can also result in Peyronie’s disease and result in a bend in the penis.
- Prostate surgery: Sometimes effects of prostate surgery have shown to cause Peyronie’s disease after the healing process.
Treatments may include one or a combination of some of the possible methods mentioned below.
- Medications: Clostridium histolyticum is an effective medicine which can correct the bending by dissolving excess collagen within the body, including the scar tissue within the penis that causes Peyronie’s disease.
- Mild exercises: These may be suggested in combination with surgery or medications to help get the natural shape of the penis back.
- Surgery: There are multiple types of surgery that can be performed if the bend is too sharp or painful or if it is seriously affecting the normal functioning of the penis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.