Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Sri Lakshmi ClinicYour feedback matters!
There is nothing more attractive than a voluptuous mouth bearing bee-stung lips. This is usually known as a natural pout which adds a certain charm to your smile. But what happens when your lips are too thin and you do not have a pout? There are many ways to alter the look of your mouth with the help of lip gloss and tricks of make-up. But these are not permanent solutions.
For a more permanent and long-lasting pout that will look natural, you can go for a cosmetic procedure that will be conducted by a cosmetic surgeon. Here are the details of this kind of procedure which can give your thin lips a beautiful pout.
- Lip augmentation: This kind of procedure involves the administration of fillers that will plump up the lips by giving them some extra volume. This volume will be spread proportionately throughout the mouth so that the proportions and the shape also remain intact. This will give you a well-defined pout.
- Substances: These fillers can be of various types, and made up of various substances. Synthetic dermal fillers are the most popular choice in this regard, and they are known to consist of hyaluronic acid or HA, which can give you volume and definition. This substance is usually found in the tissues of your body as well as the skin and its cartilage. Perlane and restylane may also be used.
- Procedure: The procedure is simple enough where the area will first be numbed with the help of mild anesthesia. Thereafter, the injection will be administered in small doses. The effect of the injection usually lasts for a period of six months, after which it will have to be renewed.
- Side effects: Like most procedures, this one too has a few side effects and risks that can be taken care of by the cosmetic surgeon who will administer the fillers. There will be minimal bruising, swelling and even a little bleeding right after the procedure. The patient will usually be asked to keep some ice packs ready so that this problem may be tackled easily at home. However, if the problem persists or gets worse instead of subsiding after a few days or a week, it may be time to go to the doctor to have it checked again.
- Protection: It is important to protect your skin after such a procedure. Ensure that you stay indoors for a few days, and even then, you must apply a good sun block when you to step out. You will also need to keep your skin and face well moisturised so that the lips do not become dry or chapped.
I had unprotected sex with my partner and after that the periods will does not occur at the time Now its 10 days over. I am so nervous. I had taken unwanted 72 after 14 hours of unprotected sex Tell me some thing. Is their any risk of pregnancy? please suggest
Hiii. Meri gf ka period cycle 28 days ka h aur use period start hone k 3 din tak hi bleeding hota h aur hamne 4th and 5th. Aise 2 days bina condom sex keya Kya uske pregnant hone k chance h? Aur use 3 din hi bleeding kyo hota h? Plsss give me answer.
Hi I delivered my baby through c-section 3 months back. Im an exclusive breastfeeding mom and I have planned to breastfeed my baby for a minimum of 1 year. I was 64 kgs at the time of my marriage which looked good for me and in starting of my pregnancy I was 68 kgs. At the time of my delivery I went till 79 kgs and now post delivery i'm 72 kgs. I wish to go back to my old weight 64 kgs reducing 8 more kgs. Will 30 mins cross jogger per day will help to reduce weight steadily? Please suggest me diet and exercise plan to reduce my weight along with healthy breastfeeding. Please note: The additional food I have included in my diet in 1 litre of milk per day to avoid calcium loss in body.
Amla Oil Benefits, Side Effects and How to Make in Hindi - आंवला तेल के फायदे, नुकसान और बनाने की विधि
आंवला को गुणों की खान भी कहा जाता है क्योंकि इसमें कई सरे गुण पाए जाए हैं. वैज्ञानिक नाम इंडियन गुस्बिरी वाला आंवले से तेल, मुरब्बा, आचार आदि बनता है. दुनिया भर में उगाए जाने वाले इस पौधे को आयुर्वेदिक इस्तेमाल के लिए प्रयोग किया जाता है. इसमें विटामिन सी, टैनिन और पॉलीफेनिक यौगिक आदि पाए जाते हैं. जो कि कई तरह के परेशानियों क ख़त्म करते हैं. आइयेइस्के फायदे और नुकसान पर एक नजर डालते हैं.
1. एंटी एजिंग के रूप में
इसका इस्तेमाल एंटी एजिंग के रूप में किए जाने पर सकारात्मक प्रभाव पड़ता है. ये विषाक्त पदार्थों को शरीर से बाहर निकालने का काम करता है और ये झुर्रियां कम करने में काफी मददगार होती ई.
2. सूजन कम करने में
सूजन कम करने में भी इसके लाभ नजर आते हैं. इसके जैसी ही कई अन्य समस्याओं को कम करने में आप आंवले के तेल का इस्तेमाल कर सकते हैं.
3. रुसी के लिए
रुसी की समस्याओं पर को ख़त्म करने लिखने के लिए भी आंवले के तेल का इस्तेमाल किया जा सकता है. इसके नियमित मालिश से बालों में मजबूती और रुसी जैसी समस्याओं का निदान नहीं हो पाता है.
4. प्रतिरोधक क्षमता बढ़ाने में
आंवले के तेल के नियमित के सिवान से संक्रमण और कई अन्य तरह की बीमारयों में मदद मिलती है. इसे एक टॉनिक की तरह लेने से ये काफी प्रभावी होता है.
5. एंटीऑक्सिडेंट के रूप में
आंवले के तेल में पर्याप्त मात्रा में एंटीऑक्सिडेंट पाया जाता है. जो कि आपके शरीर को कई खतरों और बिमारिओं से बचाता है.
6. दिल को स्वस्थ रखने में
दिल को स्वस्थ रखने में भी आंवले के तेल की भूमिका होती है. इसमें मौजूद तत्व फैटी एसिड और कोलेस्ट्राल को नियंत्रित करने की क्षमता रखते हैं.
7. त्वचा के लिए
त्वचा को चमकदारर बनाने के लिए इसमें कई तरह के तवों को मौजद होते हैं. यदि आप इसे घरपर थोड़ा सा भी परेशान करने के लिए निर्णय मानते हैं.
8. बालों के लिए
बालों के टूटने, रूखापन आदि समस्याओं के निदान में आंवला के तेल की सकारात्मक भूमिका होती है. इसके लिए आपको अपने बालों में इसके तेल से मालिश करनी होगी.
9. गठिया के उपाचार में
जोड़ों के दर्द में राहते के लिए इसमें फैटी एसिड पाया जाता है जो कि उतकों को शांत करके जोड़ों के दर्द में राहत देने का काम करता है.
आंवला के तेल के नुकसान
- सिमित मात्रा में इसका प्रयोग नहीं करने से एलर्जी जैसी समस्याएं उत्पन्न हो सकती हैं.
- कम गुणवत्ता का वाले आंवला के तेल का इस्तेमाल करने से बचें.
आंवला के तेल को बनाने की विधि
- आंवला में कई तरह के पोष तत्व पाए जाते हैं. इसका तेल निम्न तरीके से आप भी बना सकने हैं.
- एक कप ताजा पिसा हुआ आंवला
- एक बड़ी चम्मच नारियल का तेल
बनाने की विधि
पिसे हुए आंवले का रस निकाल लें. इसके बाद इसके रस में नारियल का तेल मिलाएं. फिर इसे एक समान रूप से मिश्रित न होने तक मिलाएं. नारियल तेल के पिघलने के लिए इसे थोड़ा गर्म करें. इसके ठंडा होने के बाद इसे अपने बालों में लगाएं.
Acoustic neuroma is a benign tumor that occurs in the primary nerve between the brain and the ear. The tumor progresses very slowly and can influence your balance and hearing. In certain cases, if the tumor becomes very large, then it may also impair vital functions of the body.
The symptoms of acoustic neuroma tend to develop when the tumor starts to press on the nerve and its adjoining branches. The symptoms of this disorder are –
You may experience hearing loss on one side which might worsen gradually.
You may have problems in balancing yourself.
A continuous ringing sound in the ears.
If the tumor is large and presses on the nearby nerves, then you may experience numbness of the facial muscles.
In some cases, it may impair the vital functions of the body.
This disorder is caused by a malfunctioning gene. There is no documented reason as to why the gene malfunctions.
The treatment options for this disorder are –
Constant Monitoring: These tumors tend to grow very slowly but might spurt in some cases. In order to prevent damage to your body, they need to be monitored on a regular basis. Imaging tests are recommended on a periodic basis to determine the growth of the tumor.
Radiosurgery: Stereotactic radiosurgery is done to treat acoustic neuroma that is small in size. In this surgery, radiation is directed at the tumor without creating any incision. It is done to limit the growth of the tumor and preserve your hearing.
Surgery: The tumor can be removed by using surgical procedures. It involves administering general anesthesia, followed by removing the tumor through an incision on the skull or the inner ear. Surgery is used to remove the tumor and preserve your hearing abilities. This technique suits for patient under 65 yr of age, moderately large or large tumour, growing stage, significant hearing loss and severe headace.
Liposuction removes fat through suction from abdomen, hips, thighs, buttocks, arms or neck. It is a surgical procedure. Liposuction is also called as body contouring as it shapes the body contour. It is also known as lipoplasty. Liposuction is not a program for weight loss. An overweight person can reduce weight best by exercise and diet and bariatric procedures.
Reasons for liposuction
Liposuction is done to remove excess body fat in areas, which are ineffective to exercise or diet. These include fat in areas of buttocks, abdomen, ankles and calves, back and chest, arms, thighs and hips, breast and neck. With weight gain here is an increase in the volume and size of the fat cells.
This can be reduced by liposuction, which reduces the specific area of the fat cells. Also, the fat to be removed usually depends on the area of the fat cells. The results of liposuction are permanent and change only if the weight changes.
Post liposuction, skin that is treated moulds into the newly developed contours and appears smooth in case of toned skin and elasticity. To undergo liposuction one must have a healthy lifestyle and devoid of conditions such as diabetes, coronary artery disease and compromised immune system.
Risks of liposuction
Risks involved with liposuction are:
1. Temporary fluid accumulation may happen due to the formation of temporary pockets called as seromas in the skin
2. Temporary numbness can be felt in the area where liposuction has been performed. Sometimes irritation of the temporary nerve might also occur.
3. Temporary bruising and hardness may occur
P Means postponement. Today not tomorrow. This could be part of low mood and depression. If no depression than it is a lazyness and avoidance in behr. Due to fear and phobia or inadequate tendency. I would say if you are parent or partner of such a problem. You get irritated and aggressive leading to anger or helplessness. This is a bad habit. It can be corrected by getting counselling.
Recurrent miscarriage is a condition when there has been three or more successive pregnancy losses. It is different from infertility as, infertility is the inability to conceive. For many cases, the cause of a recurrent miscarriage has not always been found. A number of factors can cause recurrent miscarriages of which some are treatable.It may not always be possible to identify a cause for recurrent miscarriage in a couple, even after extensive research and treatment procedures. Some of the common causes of recurrent miscarriage are described below:
- Chromosomal Abnormalities: Incompatible chromosomes can result into pregnancy losses. When an egg and a sperm meet, of which one of them is faulty, they can't line up properly resulting into chromosomal abnormality. Such conditions lead to miscarriages.
- Uterine Abnormalities or Incompetent Cervixes: Miscarriages occur if the uterus is abnormally shaped since the embryo is not properly implanted or even if it gets implanted, it may not get sufficient nourishment to survive. If the woman has a weak cervix, it cannot hold the developing embryo, leading to miscarriage.
- Immunologic Disorders: Under rare cases, the embryo itself is not accepted by the body. Antiphospholipid antibodies are those, which attack self tissues, such as embryos and prevent them from building up. This leads to recurrent miscarriage.
- Untreated Thyroid Problems: Conditions such as thyroid or uncontrolled diabetes result in uterine conditions which make it tough for the embryos to survive.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: Women with polycystic ovary syndrome tend to have high levels of male hormones which, result in irregular menstruation and ovulation. This can prevent the lining of the endometrium from maturing that is required for holding the embryo.
- Bacterial Infections: There may be presence of a number of microorganisms inside the reproductive tract that may be harmless for the person. But there may be certain bacteria lined up in the reproductive tract, which can prevent development of embryo, thus leading to miscarriages.
- Lifestyle: Smoking and drinking are harmful lifestyle habits, which may increase the chance of miscarriage to a great extent. It is always advised to avoid smoking or drinking when you wish to conceive. Other lifestyle conditions, such as working in certain environments like hospital environments, farms, laboratories, etc, may lead to miscarriages; however, the exact reason has not been identified yet.
Polio is a virus that has the potential to infect any parts of the body including, but not limited to nerves and muscles. Primarily there are 3 types of polio namely, non-paralytic, spinal paralytic and bulbar. This disease shows minimal to no symptoms in more than 90 percent of the cases. 5 percent of the cases can show symptoms such as nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, sore throat and abdominal pain. Polio is a communicable disease and can cause massive damage if a proper dosage is not taken. It can spread through air, physical contact with an infected person, coughs etc.
- Polio can cause paralysis: Polio has a far-reaching permanent effect on the body. It can cause paralysis on any of the limbs leading to permanent disability. This severely alters a child’s life. The far-reaching consequences of the virus can only be negated through vaccination.
- Weak muscle: Polio can result in weak muscles, respiratory problems and loss of reflex. If the breathing muscle collapses, it can result in the death of a person. Any of the above-mentioned symptoms can lead to weak body development altering the fate of a child.
- It can spread fast and quick: Polio spreads very fast through the air, physical contact, saliva and water. It not only affects a single life but put millions at risk of the disease. A 1916 outbreak of the disease killed 6000 people in the United States and left several thousands of people disabled.
- It reduces the risk of infection: 3 dosages Polio vaccination under the age of 6 can save a baby from getting polio in future. The body successfully creates polio antibodies from the vaccines and gets enough ammunition to fight it if the virus attacks it in future.
- Social responsibility: Massive amount of awareness campaigns have been run by countries all over the world to permanently eradicate polio from the face of the earth. As per the latest reports, only 3 countries are reported to have babies affected with polio; Afghanistan, Pakistan and Congo. It is, therefore, a social responsibility to take part in the mission of removing polio from the face of the earth once and for all.
- Save future generation: Although polio is not known to be a disease which passes through heredity, there still lies a chance for the future generation to get this disease. In order to negate that from happening, it makes sense to get the vaccines on time.
- Give your kid a head start: Every kid deserves to have an equal amount of privileges like others. One small mistake on part of the parents can heavily cost a child’s future. In order to make sure your kids grow up with any apprehension of polio, it is very important to treat them with polio vaccines.
If a girl take I pill after sex and after 4 hours she do vomits then I pill shows their performance or not? Please advise
I had protected sex with my gf at 1 Am. My condom was broken at that time. She ate unwanted 72 at 4 pm. & vomited at 10 pm. Its more than 40 hrs she vomited, but her body is still paining. Is this a sign of pregnancy? What should I do now to avoid pregnancy?
What role does physiotherapy play in treating injuries?
The recent t20 world cup 2016 match between India and Australia held in Mohali saw some action as well as injuries. Yuvraj Singh faced an ankle sprain while he was batting and was helped by immediate attention by a physiotherapist to resume the winning match.
What are the types of injuries related to cricket?
The most common injuries related to the gentleman's game are:
How does physiotherapy help an individual?
A physiotherapist assesses your muscle strength and the range of movement in your joints and advises on techniques and exercises to bring back the mobility of your injured muscles or inflamed joints.
Physiotherapy is a physical therapy that takes care of the overall well-being of the body esp. The muscular part which is most affected when you play or exercise. Three of the main approaches a physiotherapist may use are:
- Education and advice: Tips and hacks for ensuring physical well-being of a person
- Movement and exercise: Aids and exercises to ensure good physical health
- Manual therapy: A therapy of manual massage and body movements to relieve pain
- Other techniques: These include acupuncture, transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (tens) and ultrasounds.
There are numerous sports related injuries that can be effectively treated through physiotherapy. The therapy followed is entirely dependent on the kind of injury caused due to the sport.
The physiotherapist initially asks you some questions to know about your injury, medical history, family health records, prevalent allergies, and other such related information. Based on this initial examination, your physiotherapist will design a therapy plan for a test period to see if it is working or not.
A quite common condition that may or may not cause a difficulty is the Deviated Nasal Septum. While most do not show any symptoms, some may experience noisy breathing, nasal congestion, or nose bleeding.
Nasal septum deviation is a physical disorder of the nose. It is a condition when the thin wall which is referred to as nasal septum located between the nasal passages is deviated or displaced to any one of the sides which makes one of the nasal passage reduce in size obstructing the air flow and causing trouble with breathing.
Causes of Deviated Nasal Septum
In cases of slight deviation of the nasal septum, it generally goes unnoticed since it does not result in any significant difficulties. In some cases, even if there is a slight difficulty in breathing, the individuals think that it might be due to a cough and cold which blocks the nose.
- One of the leading causes of deviated nasal septum might be due to the condition that was present at the time of the birth of the individual. A deviated nasal septum might occur during the fetal development which is apparent at the time of birth.
- The second cause of this condition might be as a result of an injury to the nose which causes the nasal septum to move out of its normal position. The injury might be caused by any accident, contact sports, active play, etc.
Symptoms of Deviated Nasal Septum
In most of the cases of the septal deformities, there are no visible symptoms, but in some cases, there arise some symptoms from which a deviated nasal septum can be confirmed. First and foremost, there is an obstruction in any one or both of the nostrils which make it very difficult to breathe. This might be more noticeable when the individual catches a cold or any allergies that cause the nasal passages to swell. Another prominent symptom is the bleeding of nausea which is caused when the surface of the septum becomes dry. In some cases, facial pain is experienced particularly in the area near the nose or inside the nose. A noisy breathing during the sleep can be another symptom of the deviated nasal septum.
Treatment of Deviated Nasal Septum
The treatment is usually carried out by Ear - Nose - Throat specialist (ENT). The first procedure for treatment is the decongestants which are the medication used for the reduction of the swelling of the nasal tissue that helps to allow free flow of air. Antihistamines are another type of medicines used to treat this condition which helps in the prevention of allergies that includes a runny nose, blocked nose or obstruction. Nasal steroid sprays are also used to reduce any kind of inflammation of the nasal passage. In extreme cases, surgical repair needs to be done. In such cases, Septoplasty which is a surgery used to repair or correct deviated nasal septum is performed.
Thus, when you experience symptoms, deviated nasal septum can be diagnosed and treated effectively.
Infertility is a condition that can be caused due to a variety of reasons, for both males as well as females. Yet, it also comes with plenty of emotional baggage because there is a great deal of social stigma attached to childless parents, especially in the developing countries like India, where we still hold on to traditional thinking which does not really justify modern day realities.
Understanding Infertility in the Developing World: As per medical science, infertility is defined as a problem that is faced by couples who do not manage to conceive even after a year of trying without any birth control measures. In countries like ours, there is a great social stigma that is attached to being childless. As per many studies by the World Health Organization (WHO), about 15% of couples the world over are affected by infertility. Also, such cases go undetected because there is a great social stigma attached to the same. Further, there may be underlying conditions like Tuberculosis which may have been undiagnosed because people do not like to talk to doctors about the symptoms. The main problem in countries like India, and others areas is that people do not open up about such problems and they consider doctors and other medical practitioners as strangers.
Still in the Dark Ages: Even though we have made the transition from an agricultural country where we would pray to the elements and wait for signs for all our everyday activities from harvesting to childbirth, to an industrial country we are still in the dark ages as far as our social setup goes. There are many educated and well-heeled families where being childless is considered as an issue. And many people tend to go to astrologers and temples to change their fate, where a simple visit to a doctor and procedures like IVF, or adoption as the last resort, can also work out.
Infertility Stigma for Males and Females: For an infertile couple, the problem may stem from the male, or the female or both partners. There are still many social stigmas that are attached to this and many people in countries like India tend to call the woman barren, if she is unable to bear a child. In many cases, the male partner does not even go in for a check up as it is not even considered as an option that the problem might lie with him. Male erectile dysfunction, ejaculation problems, and general infertility can cause a range of issues for the couple when it comes to conception. So it is imperative to have the same checked by the doctor so that a sperm test can also be conducted and the treatment can carry on accordingly with the help of IUI or IVF.
Miscarriage basically refers to the phenomenon, when a developing embryo or the foetus in a pregnant woman dies a natural death, before it can manage to survive on its own. The common signs of miscarriage are vaginal bleeding accompanied with pain. It leads to depression, anger and guilt. The reasons for miscarriage are many. Some of them are tobacco smoking, diabetes, extreme obesity, drug or alcoholic addiction. Here are some important signs that indicate you might be miscarrying:
Recurrence of bleeding, which keeps on starting and stopping indicates the downfall of your hormonal balance. You must get your pregnancy hormone levels checked. Very intense bleeding, which accounts for soaking your pad within an hour is an indication of the beginning of a miscarriage. However, bleeding is a common factor in normal pregnancy as well.
Severe cramps in the vaginal region, accompanied by very heavy breathing and suffocation are other signs that you might be headed for a miscarriage. Sometimes, bleeding occurs along with the cramping.
- Disappearance of Pregnancy Symptoms
If you are pregnant, but the signs and symptoms of pregnancy start disappearing, a miscarriage may be indicated. However, it might not be the first major signal. For normal pregnant women, the signs of pregnancy do not appear for many days. You may not feel nauseated or your breasts do not get sore. For ten to fourteen weeks, this phenomenon is a normal one. However, in case it continues for a more prolonged duration, it might be an early sign of miscarriage.
- Pregnancy test results vary between positive and negative
Results of a pregnancy test done very early may vary between positive and negative. This is completely normal. In case of obtaining the same results when you are already over two weeks pregnant, it may indicate a miscarriage. You might be having an ectopic pregnancy. Spotting is also noticed in the vaginal region. If you had a pregnancy test showing positive results, but the results come negative after re-taking the test a few weeks later, it is high time for you to consult a gynaecologist. You have to deal with ectopic pregnancy before choosing a surgical path. Varying results signify that something is wrong. The urine produced by the body is less concentrated.
A case of miscarriage is very painful for the pregnant woman as well as her family. You should keep healthy, and avoid all bad habits to keep away from miscarriage.
Cholesterol is one of those terminologies that need a clear and fresh understanding, right from scratch. It is nothing but obvious and common for you to primarily know about the ill effects of cholesterol and what it does to your body; from increasing the risks of cardio-vascular diseases to adding to your waistline. However, it is time we all got a fresh perspective on what cholesterol is.
So, to start off, what is actually cholesterol?
It is waxy substance produced by the liver which plays an important role in the proper functioning of the cells, digestive process and synthesis of Vitamin D in the body. As cholesterol is a fat based substance that does not dissolve in blood, it is transported, throughout the body, by a protein called the ‘lipoprotein’. The lipoproteins that carry cholesterol are of two types: Low-Density
Lipoprotein (LDL) and High Density Lipoprotein (HDL)
Why is LDL ‘bad’?
LDL is known as ‘bad’ cholesterol as it is responsible for plaque formation that reduces flexibility of the arteries and tends to clog them.
Why is HDL ‘good’?
HDL is known as the ‘good’ cholesterol because it gets rid of excessive LDL from the arteries and transports them to the liver where they can be broken down. Too much of bad cholesterol in the body can lead to clogged arteries that may result in stroke or a heart attack. Now that you know that too much LDL cholesterol is bad for you, you need to keep it under control while raising the good cholesterol (HDL) levels.
In order to do that, you need to make certain modifications in your lifestyle.
Some of them can be:
- Eat foods that are good for the heart: Avoid eating saturated fats and trans-fats as they raise LDL levels in the body. Instead, choose foods that are rich in the heart healthy monounsaturated fats such as almonds and olive oil. Also, include foods that are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids such as fish oil; these fatty acids increase HDL levels in the blood.
- Exercise regularly: Exercise not only helps you to lose calories but also increases the good cholesterol levels in the body. Aim for 20-30 minutes of cardiovascular exercises in the form of brisk walking, running or cycling to keep your heart muscles healthy.
- Stop smoking: Smoking can cause the blood vessels to narrow down, thus increasing blood pressure, owing to the constriction of the blood vessels. Quit smoking right away and your ticker will thank you for it. Remember to limit alcohol consumption as well.
- Maintain optimal weight levels: It’s time to get rid of all the excess fat from the body, especially the visceral fat (abdominal fat). Obesity increases the risk of heart diseases and also has a negative effect on the cholesterol levels.