Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Spurthy HospitalYour feedback matters!
The inability to conceive after indulging in unprotected sex is known as infertility. It can also be referred to the biological incapability of a male to cause the conception or a woman being unable to carry the pregnancy for full term. Research has shown that female problems contribute to over half of all the infertility cases while a majority of the other causes include sperm disorders.
Treatment of infertility depends on:
- Cause of Infertility
- Duration of Infertility
- Age of both partners
- Personal preferences
Causes of infertility in women include:
1. Ovulation disorders: This is regarded as the most common cause of infertility in women. The disorders can be caused due to the following
- Premature ovarian failure
- PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome)
- Poor egg quality
- Overactive or Underactive thyroid gland
- Chronic conditions like cancer or AIDS.
2. Problems in fallopian tubes or uterus: Abnormalities in the uterus or fallopian tubes render the woman incapable of conceiving naturally. This might be due to:
3. Medications: There is a possibility that treatment will cure infertility. Examples include NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy.
Treatment of infertility might involve a significant amount of psychological, physical, temporal and financial commitments.
In men, treatment is done to treat lack of healthy sperm or general sexual problems. The treatments include:
- Change in lifestyle
- Sperm retrieval
Even though it is possible to restore fertility in women using only one or two therapies, a number of treatments might be required before conception is possible. Some of these treatments include:
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- Stimulation of ovulation with fertility drugs
- Surgery to restore fertility
In situations where pregnancy does not happen spontaneously, Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) can be used by couples to achieve pregnancy. It is a form of fertility treatment which involves the handling of sperm and egg. The entire ART team consists of psychologists, physicians, embryologists, nurses and lab technicians.
One common ART technique is In vitro fertilization (IVF). It is a process where an egg and sperms are manually combined in a laboratory dish, followed by transfer of embryo to the uterus. Some aspects involved in an IVF cycle are:
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Assisted hatching
- Donor eggs or sperm
- Gestational carrier
Some complications that may occur during the treatment of infertility are:
- Multiple pregnancy
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS)
When the sugar concentration in the blood increases suddenly and unreasonably, the resulting condition is known as diabetes. Sugar or glucose is generally used in order to provide much needed energy to our bodies. But when the pancreas dysfunctions, it leads to a problem in the insulin production. As a result, glucose or sugar gets directly absorbed into the blood, instead of getting absorbed by insulin. And this leads to the condition of diabetes.
Diabetes Treatment in Ayurveda
For Ayurvedic treatment of diabetes, the first step is usually dietary planning and lifestyle change. Adopting a more active lifestyle, and a healthy, balanced diet low on sugars and starches, is a must. You must begin by avoiding sugars in all forms. This means you will have to get rid of rice, potatoes, white bread, sugar coated cereals, bananas, colocasia and much more. Add a lot of green leafy vegetables to your diet to improve your nutritional status and metabolism. In addition to these, also add some herbs to your diet. Ayurvedic herbs that act as natural medicine for diabetes include turmeric, bitter gourd, gurmar leaves, bael, fenugreek and many more.
Apart from diabetes Ayurvedic treatment, you could also practice yoga, which can help you improve your health. Several yogic asanas help massage your internal organs so that they are healthier and can function much better. Some of the asanas are especially beneficial for the pancreas, which produces insulin. You may have to make some changes to your lifestyle as well. For starters, you will have to maintain a more active lifestyle. You will also have to avoid sleeping in the daytime. Avoid smoking and consuming alcohol and take extra care of your feet.
As an ancient science based on lifestyle related treatment methods that include herbs, massages and life changing tweaks, Ayurveda also provides various methods of managing this ailment. Here's how!
- Bitter Gourd: Known as an ingredient that is rich in antioxidants, this can be consumed to take care of diabetes. You will need to first remove the peel of at least four to five bitter gourds before crushing them to create a paste. This paste has to be put through a sieve so that the juice of the gourds can be extracted. You will then have to drink this juice every morning, on an empty stomach.
- Cinnamon: From treating coughs and colds to diabetes and other serious ailments, this is a wonder spice that can be found in most Indian kitchens. You can start by boiling a litre of water and letting it simmer on the gas for about twenty minutes. Thereafter, you can add three teaspoons of cinnamon powder to this simmering water. Strain this mixture and drink the entire batch every day to clear out the toxins.
- Fenugreek Seeds: For this, you will need to take about four to five tablespoons of fenugreek seeds. These will have to be soaked in a glass of water or about 250ml of water, overnight. In the morning, the softened seeds will need to be crushed before the mixture is strained. The water that escapes should be collected and ingested every day for a period of two months.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a powerful and well-known ingredient that is used for curing and managing many ailments. You will need to mix about half a teaspoon of turmeric powder with one teaspoon of amla powder as well as half a tablespoon of methi seeds or fenugreek seeds powder. This concoction will have to mixed in half a glass of water and taken daily on an empty stomach. This can be used by patients suffering from heart ailments as well.
- Diet: Cereals like ragi, corn, kulit, green millet, and barley are known to beneficial for patients suffering from diabetes. Leafy greens are also a must for such patients along with protein-rich foods like soya beans. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I am newly diagnosed with diabetes. At that time my sugar comes 506 and HbA1c 14. Now after 20 days my sugar comes 83 after meal and 103 fasting sugar. I was taking insulin 5 unit in night. But now Dr. Told don't take insulin. I just want to Can I reverse it completely anyhow. Is it true that obese people reduce weight than diabetes type 2 can be reversed or cured.
What r the thing need to take precaution from sugar And to take healthy food and want to made bone healthy.
My 32 year old son suffering from diabetes since 3 years. Sugar not came normal range from starting. All remedies and afferds failed. Ayurvedic and alophaty both treatments are running but still sugar not in normal range. What should I do.?
My random sugar level is 160. I finished lunch at 1.50 pm & blood taken for test at 2.16 pm. Please advise.
Healthy snacks to manage blood sugar are here:
1. Whole grain crackers: Made of oats, cracked wheat, rye and quinoa; this is a healthy option for people who like a little crunch while snacking. To give it a more delicious spin, serve it with a little curd and cottage cheese dressing. The overall nutrition value of this snack is excellent. It does good to your cholesterol and glucose levels.
2. Fruits for snacks: This might be the oldest trick in the book but always the best. Go for mixed fruit salads with a tangy orange juice, honey and fresh mint dressing. This should add a new punch to those who are tired of eating fruits. This is a friendly snack for people who have both diabetes and a sweet tooth.
3. Steamed sprouts salad: Steamed sprouts might sound a little boring but make a salad with finely chopped tomatoes, cucumber and boiled beans along with sprouts. Add a dressing with cottage cheese, one tsp of lemon juice and a little salt for a twist. This a great combination of protein and fiber, which helps in controlling blood sugar.
4. Yogurt with fresh vegetables: Add yogurt to a fresh mix of celery, tomatoes, broccoli and carrot. This is a combination that is not only healthy but will also keep you full for a long time. It is rich in enzymes, proteins, vitamins and calcium which are highly essential for your body.
5. Nuts: Nuts are rich in healthy fats which are required for our body. They are also very rich in protein and have a low carbohydrate content. The only catch is the quantity in which they have to be used. A couple of walnuts a day and around 5 to 6 almonds should do it.
6. Healthy smoothie: Smoothies are easy to make and a healthy option for an on-the-go snack. Blending refreshing coconut milk to a hand-picked combination of amla, spinach, cucumber and tomatoes should do the trick.
7. Eggs: When we say eggs, we only mean egg whites. It is a snack that can be had round the clock. It is quick and easy to cook and is good for diabetic patients too.
Hi, My father is a diabetic patient from the past 20 years. He take glimulin -mf (glimepiride 1 mg + metformin hydrochloride 500 mg) every morning after breakfast. From past few months he is facing low blood sugar level (60-70 mg/dl) and sometimes high (225-250 mg/dl). He has a normal diet plan like Morning- 2 chapati+with cooked vegetable+ tea lunch-3 chapati+with cooked vegetable+curd+salad Evening- tea+snacks Dinner- 2chapati+cooked pulse Sometimes he take fruits like musk melon or water melon please suggest something for his high and low blood sugar level. I am more concerned about his low blood sugar level.
Thyroid has become a common ailment among most women in India nowadays. It is triggered due to the presence of impurities in the blood, which lead to hormonal imbalances and therefore, a number of symptoms, including anorexia, unhealthy weight gain, loss of energy, weakness and fatigue are experienced. But in case of hyperthyroid, you will notice an increased metabolic activity, a rise in pulse rate, loss of weight and palpitation.
Irrespective of whether you are suffering from hyperthyroid or hypothyroid, Ayurvedic treatment has some viable solutions that are aimed at elevating your health condition.
Ayurveda and thyroid
Though there is no direct mention of thyroid in the Ayurvedic texts, there are major implications that hint towards a disease like thyroid that is caused due to imbalance of body fluid and its probable treatments. Thyroid imbalance can be controlled by the following treatment regimen that includes:
1. Dietary regulations: As per Charaka, thyroid doesn’t affect those individuals who take milk in adequate quantities. In addition, you must take moong seeds, bengal gram seeds, sugarcane, cucumber, barley and old rice in optimum amounts for prevention of thyroid. In case you are already suffering from thyroid imbalance, then you must also aim at having a considerable amount of milk on a regular basis.
2. Herbs for regulating thyroid: The herb named Purple Mountain Ebony is purposely helpful in the treatment as well as proper functioning of the thyroid gland. In addition to this herb, you must also intake Punarnava, Brahmi, Jatamansi, Gokshura and Shilajita for alleviating your thyroid problems.
3. Home remedies: If there is swelling in any part of the body caused due to thyroid imbalances, then it can be properly treated by applying a fine paste of Jalakumbhi over the affected area. The juice of this paste can be administered in a small quantity of 22 grams in a span of 24 hours. It helps to increase the amount of iodine in the body which helps to fix various problems in the body. If you are experiencing a lack of energy and weakness, you can use coconut oil for boosting the sluggish metabolism of the body.
4. Yoga for treating thyroid: There are various Yogic postures, which are believed to help in the maintenance of the thyroid gland. You can practice sun salutation, fish pose and shoulder stand for alleviating your condition and get rid of all types of health issues caused from thyroid imbalances.
If you wish to get a personalised evaluation of your health condition, then it is imperative to pay a visit to an expert who can recommend proper Ayurvedic treatment methods for you.
Hello doctors I am diabetic from 2014 in starting I have used tablets but know my sugar levels r 180 .190. Still I have to use tablets are not please tel me.
Sir I have hypothyroidism what is the normal level of tsh. If my tsh comes to normal position should I stop taking medicine or can I change the power of medicine. I am taking eltroxin 75 mcg. I am suffering since 2007 and since then under medication. Sir I have body pain, joints pain. But after doing many treatment of RA or arthritis it did not reduce. Can this pain be for thyroid.
Hi my wife has thyroid enlargement. Recent report says thyroid gland is grown. Also it touches the throat pipe. Can anyone pl suggest to control the growth of thyroid.
I am diabetic and hypertensive. My morning blood sugar levels are being recorded high between 150-160 and 120 around 3 AM. I suspect it might be Dawn phenomenon or sneeze effect. How to get solve the problem? Please advise?
Today my dad had diabetes test please anyone guide is he at risk or not? Below are test results Fasting Serum Glucose - 94 Serum Glucose 2 hrs - 163 Post breakfast.
I am having type 2 diabetics, I was taking glynase 5 mg and ppg ,3 tablets for few years. Recently since blood sugar level increased ,the doctor prescribed vobose (metformin hydrochloride) But I am having diarrhea if I take this. What is the alternative.
The thyroid gland is a tiny gland that produces the hormones which affect the body's metabolic process. When these hormones are produced in less or more quantities, it may result in an imbalance of the thyroid gland, leading to a range of thyroid issues including hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism and others. Overproduction or underproduction of the thyroid hormones can also cause a variety of other symptoms and conditions. While this affects the state of one's general well being, health and weight, it also has an effect on the patient's libido.
Let us learn more about the link between thyroid and sex:
- Thyroid in Men: Men who are suffering from hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism as well as related conditions like goitre or Garves Disease, have complained of sex related problems. These problems are known to affect at least 50% to 60% of the patients, as per various medical reports. The sex related issues include premature ejaculation, low sex drive, delayed ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, and others.
- Thyroid in Women: It has been found that almost 10% of women over the age of 50 suffer from some form or the other of thyroid hormone imbalance. Apart from fatigue, depression and muscle ache as well as weight alteration, depending on the type of thyroid problem, thyroid patients who are women have also experienced problems when it comes to libido. Sexual dysfunction and arousal problems are high on the list of these issues.
- Hormonal Treatment: One of the most common ways of treating this sex related thyroid problems for thyroid patients is through the use of hormonal therapy. Besides getting the testosterone, estrogen and other androgen levels checked, the patient must also get a full hormonal evaluation along with a check-up of the adrenal function. This can help in pointing any anomalies and the hormones that will require replacement with the help of appropriate medication.
- Optimal Drug Treatment: A T4 only drug or Levothyroxine can lead to a resolution of sexual problems that one encounters as a part of thyroid problems. There are many doctors who may switch to a T3 drug once the libido is restored and brought back to normal.
- Supplements: Men may require testosterone supplements, while women may need estrogen or progesterone supplements to tackle the sexual problems in such cases. These can be rendered as a patch or through an injection.
- Sex Therapy: In many cases, sex therapy considered as a popular and effective form of addressing the problems and helping the patients get around the same. This is especially helpful if depression is one of the symptoms of the thyroid disorder.
A thorough physical check-up also helps in treating such problems for thyroid patients. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.