Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Specialist Diagnostics & Day Care CentreYour feedback matters!
Dandruff or seborrhea refers to the flaky condition of your skin or scalp caused primarily due to fungus. It is a very common problem for young adults and middle aged people but can happen to any person regardless of age. Dandruff itself being an embarrassing problem, can also sometimes lead to other skin problems.
The following are a few skin problems that can crop up due to dandruff-
- Can cause pimples: If dandruff or the white flakes fall on your T-zone region very often, then it may lead to the break out of pimples on your skin.
- May result in pigmentation: The pimples which can happen due to dandruff can further lead to the problem of pigmentation. This condition leads to the appearance of unwanted black spots all over your face.
- Trigger eczema: Dandruff makes skin problems like eczema and psoriasis even worse. Eczema and psoriasis which causes itching of the skin can get severe due to dandruff.
- Rashes are also a possibility: Facial rashes can also develop due to dandruff. Often areas around the eyebrows, nose and ears get affected. Sometimes, in case of men, beard rashes also pop up.
- Chest rashes: Dandruff often falls all over your body.This can lead to the problem of chest rashes. This condition results in the appearance of red spots all around your chest region.
Dandruff can be a very distressing problem. If your skin type is oily, dandruff can make conditions far worse. Dandruff is such a problem that cannot be completely cured but can only be controlled. So, it is highly advisable to take preventive measures as soon as it is detected to avoid further problems.
Have you experienced the ill effects of acne or have acne marks everywhere on your face? Acne or acne vulgaris is a condition where ugly scourges show up on the surface of your face. Acne causes scars, some of which might last for a lifetime. Acne scars ruin your face, and influence your appearance and self-esteem. You can adopt simple ways and strategies to get rid of acne marks. They are as follows:
Cucumber: Cucumber is ideal for the elimination of acne scars. It is a hydrating substance and is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C and magnesium. These are vital for maintaining skin health. You need to cut cucumber slices and apply them on your skin surface affected with acne breakout.
Aloe Vera: Aloe vera gel contains vitamins and helps in the fading and healing of acne imprints. Aloe vera is subtle having no side effects and does not bring about skin irritation. It works like an ideal moisturiser; it feeds the skin with vitamins and makes it gentler.
Honey: Honey is an effective natural moisturiser which eliminates acne marks successfully. You have to use raw honey for this purpose instead of processed honey, which is more commonly available. By applying fresh honey on your acne affected skin, you have to massage it gently. Combining ground cinnamon with honey makes the mixture an ideal pore cleanser.
Lemon: Lemon juice, which is an alpha hydroxy acid, helps in fading and healing acne scars. The skin gets revitalised as well. By mixing lemon juice in water, you should apply it on your affected skin. Abstain from direct sunlight during this treatment as your skin becomes oversensitive to the sunrays.
Coconut Oil: This is another beneficial natural moisturiser with excellent healing capabilities. You simply need to massage your affected skin areas with coconut oil. Leave it on your skin and allow it to absorb in. The fatty acids and vitamins in coconut oil boost your skin’s health.
Baking Soda: Baking soda is quite effective in getting rid of acne scars. It is rich in sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) crystals, which allow skin exfoliation when you use them in the form of a cleaning scrub. You have to prepare a paste by mixing baking soda with water and apply it to your acne affected skin areas. Baking soda also helps in pore cleansing and prevents blemishes.
Thinning of hair and bald spots can be caused by a number of factors. Just as you can ‘erase’ wrinkles with cosmetic surgery, today, you can ‘fill’ bald spots with hair transplants. Hair transplants are a type of surgery which transplant hair follicles from one area to another. There are two types of hair transplant surgery; Follicular Unit Strip Surgery (FUSS) and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE).
Follicular Unit Strip Surgery involves the removal of a 6-10” piece of skin from the back of your head. This is because the back of your head is genetically resistant to balding. This is then divided into thousands of tiny grafts each with a few strands of hair on them. For a Follicular Unit Extraction, the doctor will pluck individual hair follicles from the back of your head while you are under anesthesia. This can be done in a single session or multiple sessions depending on the amount of hair follicles needed and the surgeons’ experience. These are then prepared into grafts. The surgeon will then make holes or slits in the bald spot that is to be filled and carefully place one graft in each slit. Finally the scalp is bandaged. This process can take anywhere between 4-8 hours.
- Don’t worry, if you begin to see the transplanted hair fall out after 2-3 weeks. This is normal and will be followed by new growth in a few months. You may require a hair growing drug to improve hair growth rate after a hair transplant surgery. You should be able to see dense hair growth within 10-11 months.
- A hair transplant is not as painless as other forms of cosmetic surgery. Most patients require pain medication for several days after the surgery. Your scalp will feel very tender for the next few days and you may also require anti inflammatory drugs. However, you should be able to get back to work within a week.
- There are minimal risks associated with this procedure. In some cases, the patient may experience hair fall from the area where the transplant was taken. This is usually temporary and is known as ‘shock loss’. There may also be slight inflammation when the new hair follicles emerge. This can be effectively treated with antibiotics.
- A hair transplant surgery does not guarantee that your hair will stop falling. Hence, in some cases, you may need to undergo the procedure again to hide bald spots.
My hair was vary thick and now in few months my hair loss is so much and if I cut my hairs then my hair will grow thicker.
I am 20 years old suffering from severe hair fall. My father have baldness ,will I too go bald. What treatment should I take. L had already tried ayurvedic treatment for nearly 7 months but not helpful. Now I am taking biotin tablet.
I am suffering from badly etching on thighs and near private part. Infection cause big dark spot there.
I have suffering from last 4 month itching and fungal type inspection at lower abdomen a d at shoulder. I have used KETO, Powder valbet ointment and tenovate m with zocon 150 with atarax 10 frequently .During use of medicine relif but after stop same problem occurs.
Sir, I am suffering from acne. I have oily skin. This acne are very small and mainly puss filled. It occurs mainly on my cheeks. I have good diet but still it comes. Due to this scars appeared. I have consulted with homeopathic, dermatologist too. But in both I got small time benefit. Im 24 years old. Im in this problem from last 3 years .i have already tried all stuffs even piss on my face. Please advice something good.
I have rashes on my thighs when I am taking treatment it's cured but after one month again it's coming.
I'm 19 year's old female and I have so many pimples on my face and neck and also very large pores on cheeks and nose. And very dark spots on cheeks. Please give me any suggestions to reduce them.
I'm 28 years female. I have taking skin hair removal laser treatment from last month, after 1st sitting I've facing under skin hair rashes and itching too. What should I do now?
If aids infected person's blood fall into the skin lotion and then I applied that lotion on wounded or broken skin then will the applied lotion infect me?
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back I used scar removal cream for 4 months but didn't see any changes. What should I do.
How can I cure blackheads, and I don't know why but my skin is getting very oily these days, doctor please help me.
Sir /mam please answer this question can vicks vaporub can remove acne or any harmful effects of this? please help.
- The first step in hair care is your diet and the two most important things in your diet are iron and protein. The hair cells are the fastest growing cells in the body but they are also the first ones to be affected you don't eat right or suffer with deficiencies because they are not required for survival.
- Try and include iron rich food like leafy vegetables, fish, pumpkin seeds, beans, chickpea, soybeans and cereals in your diet. Doctors suggest that you consume iron daily. You also need protein because that's what strengthens your hair. Include complete proteins which are also rich in amino acids: like cheese, milk, soy, lentils, peas, quinoa and yogurt.
Make a paste of cucumber, tomato and turmeric. Cucumber will give a cooling effect. Tomato gives a glow to skin due to lycopene and turmeric(haldi) will reduce tanning and give a fairer complexion. Use this mixture atleast twice a week, it will give wonderful results..