Doctor in SLV Clinic
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for SLV ClinicYour feedback matters!
‘Asthma’ is a serious expiratory disorder, whereby, the patient faces difficulty in breathing or dyspnoea due to various factors such as allergies, bronchial infection, anxiety or stress and occupational hazards. In all the cases, it leads to excessive bronchial spasm and mucus accumulation, plugging the bronchial which leads to paroxysms and the patient starts panting heavily. But it is completely chronic without any complications.
Although allopathic measures such as inhalers and steroids can temporarily help to control the situation, yet, homeopathy has proved even more useful for asthma as the treatment is completely natural and does not carry the uncertainty of side effects like the steroids. It not only helps to reduce the intensity of spasms, but also, tries to cure the actual cause of asthma itself. Consequently, after a complete and proper treatment of asthma with homeopathy for a couple of months, it has been found, that the patients are living a happy life without any sign of the disease. Given below are the various homeopathic medicines used for curing asthma:
Arsenic Album – This medicine comes into rescue when the patient is extremely restless, unable to sit or stand comfortably, feels extremely thirsty but is unable to drink too much water, feels suffocated with pain in upper-right chest. Arsenic Album is said to have provided great relief to such patients.
Antim Tart – One of the effective medicines for asthma accompanied by rattling cough caused due to eating making the patient feel very weak and sleepy. This medicine is generally suitable for old people and children.
Nux Vomica – This medicine helps patients who suffer from gastric problems due to asthma causing headache and epigastric pain in the stomach region.
Carbo Veg – This medicine helps in cases where asthmatic attacks make the patient’s face blue and also cause coldness of hands and feet.
Although above medicines are very effective, yet, they should always be taken strictly under doctor’s guidance.
Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) is a traditional and well established surgical procedure for treating diseases in the coronary artery. The process is carried out by using blood vessels alternately (vein or artery). Initially, CABG was performed by using the left internal mammary artery and saphenous vein. It was observed that the chance of occlusion in the vein grafts was much higher than the arterial grafts. In the last decade, total arterial grafting, which uses all the arterial conduits, is being practiced as CABG for better results.
Types of Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting
- Traditional Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting: In this type of CABG, the surgeon will initially open up the chest bone to gain access to the heart. The heart is stopped using medications and the body is connected to a heart-lung bypass machine to circulate oxygen and blood throughout the body.
- Minimally invasive direct coronary artery bypass grafting: In this surgery, small incisions are made on the left portion of the chest to gain access to the heart. This surgery is used to bypass the blood vessels present in the front portion of the heart.
- Off-pump Coronary artery bypass grafting: In this procedure, the chest bone is opened up to access the heart. Here, however, the heart is not stopped during the surgery.
Patients, who have been suffering since a long time and have been operated on the vein grafts, have a chance of re-developing certain artery diseases such as a heart attack. To counter this possibility, surgeons have started using the method of Total Artery CABG. In this procedure, the left and right internal mammary arteries are used from the chest and the radial artery, from the fore arm for the surgery.
The main advantages of this procedure are:
- The survival rate is higher in total artery CABG as compared to the traditional CABG.
- It comes with long term benefits
- The procedure is safe as well as feasible
Diabetes might not be the end of the road for you. While it is a chronic disorder, there are a number of steps you can take to minimize its effects. Before that you should know what diabetes is and its various types.
What is diabetes?
Diabetes is a metabolic disorder where the sugar in your blood is not metabolized by the body. This leads to a situation wherein sugar accumulates in your blood; this condition is known as high blood sugar. Now this can happen in two ways:
Type 1 Diabetes: In this type, the beta cells of the pancreas that produce insulin (hormone that metabolizes sugar) are destroyed by the immune system of the body. This leads to reduction in insulin levels, causing blood sugar to shoot up.
Type 2 Diabetes: Type 2 diabetes is a condition wherein the body cannot effectively utilize the insulin to metabolize sugar. This again leads to accumulation of sugar in the blood.
Now that you know the various types of diabetes, it is time to focus on the preventive measures. The various tips for high blood sugar level are:
Steer Clear of Sugar: Think of sugar as your enemy, as it is something that you have to stay away from. Sugar will only add to the high blood sugar content that you are already diagnosed with.
Welcome whole grains with open arms: Refined grains are a big no; that means no more of those delicious white bread sandwiches. Instead, opt for whole grains such as brown bread, brown rice and oats. Refined grains come under simple carbohydrates that cause your blood sugar levels to shoot up.
Avoid over consumption of fruits: While fruits are healthy, they do contain fructose which is again, a form of sugar. So, yes eat them but limit their consumption to one serving a day.
High time you realize nothing substitutes exercise: Regular exercise can help you burn calories and also keep your blood sugar levels low. It allows you to maintain healthy weight levels and improves your overall wellbeing.
Take no stress: Stress has been shown to increase blood sugar, so if you are feeling stressed and can’t seem to get out of with, take steps to deal with it. Practice relaxation techniques such as meditation that can help you reduce stress and improve focus.
Diabetes is very restrictive - living with the disease however does not imply that you stop enjoying. By bringing about certain changes in your lifestyle, you can still live your life to the fullest. For better management of your disease, these are some of the changes that you can make to improve your blood sugar levels and keep your condition under control.
1. Stay fit with physical activity: The first lifestyle change you can make is to increase your level of physical activity. This can help you in burning extra calories, thereby keeping your blood sugar levels in check. Spending 30 minutes a day exercising is ideal. If you’re not fond of exercising or don’t have the time for it, even performing simple activities like walking, vacuuming or doing your laundry can help to lower glucose levels while burning calories.
2. Maintain a healthy BMI: Likewise, try to lose those extra kilos that may be weighing you down and increasing your sugar levels. You don’t have to lose all the weight in one go, you can do so little by little. To lose weight gradually and consequently achieve a healthy BMI, you must have more of fruit and vegetables and less of sugary items and processed food along with exercising regularly.
3. Make the right food choices: When it comes to food, you should consume whole grain foods instead of refined carbohydrate alternatives. Make every meal a balanced one with starches, fats and proteins included in the right amount. Furthermore, avoid beverages that come with high sucrose or fructose content, as they don’t offer much in terms of nutrition, and instead just add to your calorie count. Some of the foods you can include in your diet are bitter gourd, cinnamon, green tea, amla, jamun etc.
4. Have a fixed quantity of food: Apart from knowing the right foods to eat and the balance that you need to maintain between the different types, it is also important to know about portion sizes and carbohydrate count. This is because among the different food classes, it’s chiefly carbohydrates that influence your blood glucose levels. So, you need to keep track of the amount of carbohydrates that you’ve consumed in order to arrive at the right insulin dosage.
In addition to keeping count of your carbohydrate consumption, understanding the right portion sizes for the different types of food is also extremely vital for better management of your ailment. Measuring cups and spoons should be employed to arrive at the right quantities of food.
5. Eat your meals at fixed timings: As a diabetic, you should not go longer than 5 hours without eating as it can cause your blood sugar levels to fall dramatically, making you feel weak and faint. Instead you should have your meals at fixed hours, spacing them out at regular intervals. This will ensure your blood sugar levels are always at an optimum point.
6. Control your stress: Stress is a risk factor for Type 2 diabetes. When you’re under stress, your body produces stress hormones (cortisol) that can cause your blood sugar levels (and even blood pressure)to rise. So, preventing or controlling stress becomes necessary to keep your diabetes under control.