Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Nadi Pariksha Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Scar Revision Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Kerala Massage Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Sharadha Nursing HomeYour feedback matters!
The Homeopathic medicines have been made use of even before the 18th century, but the systematic investigation and thorough study on these medicines were carried out by the German physician Samuel Christian Hahnemann. Homeopathic medicines are very useful in strengthening the resistance of an individual to an illness and medications are provided after studying the sick patient and not the disease. The medicines prescribed do not mainly depend on the diagnostic testing or blood chemistry analysis. They are, in fact, prescribed on the basis of direct observation of the symptoms reported by a patient.
How effective is homeopathy in treating cardiovascular diseases?
Homeopathy medicines are widely used to treat several medical conditions. Homeopaths prescribe constructional remedies for illnesses that are chronic in nature and these mainly include cardiovascular complaints. It is after understanding the cardiac symptoms of a patient are homeopathic medicines prescribed. The different cardiac complaints for which homeopathic medicines can be taken include congestive heart failure, palpitations, angina and syncope.
The homeopathy medicines are used to treat even many clinical and cardiovascular diseases. Many random trials have been done to prove that homeopathy treatment is effective in treating conditions like childhood diarrhoea, allergic conditions and post-operative conditions. These medicines are also used to treat respiratory, nervous cardiovascular and musculoskeletal systems. High blood pressure can also be treated using the homeopathy medicines. This is because an increased blood pressure is very risky as it can cause heart troubles and there are possibilities of an individual having a stroke.
Cardiac problems that can be Treated By Homeopathy Medicines
- Conditions like nervousness and worrying are the main cause of hypertension and it results in high blood pressure. Hence, this condition should be checked on time.
- It is very important that right medications are taken and that are prescribed by a qualified doctor. The homeopathic medicines that are prescribed for high blood pressure include Nux vomica, Calcarea carbonica, Sanguinaria, Plumbum and Phosphorous.
- Use of homeopathic medicines unlike the prescription medicines does not cause any side effects, and they are of great use in decreasing hypertension.
However, homeopathic medicines should also be taken after consulting the Doctor. The blood pressure and cholesterol level of an individual are lowered using homeopathic medicines, and these are of great use in preventing a heart attack. There are many cardiologists who even prescribe homeopathic medicines to their patients for treating a cardiovascular disease. The depiction of cardiac symptoms is quite different and these include bursting, aching, cold, cramps, heaviness, jerks, pulsation, spasm, oppression and throbbing and depending on the symptoms, homeopathic medicines are provided to treat the health condition.
When you just came to the conclusion that olive oil is healthy for your health, suddenly, you may have read another study result that says that coconut oil is best for your health. No doubt, you are puzzled and confused which one to take. In this article, we will try to give you some idea of the healthy aspects of coconut oil and olive oil and some hard facts about them.
Let’s find them out.
|1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil||1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil|
|119 Calories||116 Calories|
|14 (g) Total Fat||14 (g) Total Fat|
|1 (g) Saturated Fat||12 (g) Saturated Fat|
|9.8 (g) Monosaturated Fat||0.8 (g) Monosaturated Fat|
|1.4 (g) Polysaturated Fat||0.2 (g) Polysaturated Fat|
|0 (mg) Cholesterol||0 (mg) Cholesterol|
Goodness of Coconut Oil - The Saturated Fats
- Acts as an Antioxidant and Reduces Oxidative Stress: Virgin coconut oil consists of some antioxidants, like polyphenols and flavonoids. In the process of oxidative stress, the blood vessels in our body and heart get affected that leads to heart attack. These antioxidants keep us safe from such heart ailments.
- HighTemperature Resistant: It means that, if you cook in high temperature in coconut oil, you won’t get your food smoked. Coconut oil is a saturated fat, and it is high temperature resistant.
- Reduces Hunger: It keeps you away from those irritating hunger pangs when you consume foods cooked in coconut oil.
- Improves metabolic rate: Coconut oil increases metabolic rate that ultimately helps to reduce our waist size.
Goodness of Olive Oil - The Monounsaturated Fats
- Heart Friendly Fat: Olive oil is rich in monounsaturated fats. The American Heart Association has certified these fats as a heart friendly fat.
- Lowers LDL Cholesterol: Olive oil helps in lowering the low density cholesterol level that is known as bad cholesterol in our body.
- Some Essential Substances Present in It: Olive oil is rich in vitamin E and polyphenolic compounds. These two components are antioxidants that help in reducing the systemic inflammation level in our body.
Now the point is: Which Oil Is Better for Your Health?
So, from the table and discussion, it is clear that both coconut and olive oil are good for our health. But none of them are miracle fats. You need to consume both oils in small amounts. For cooking foods that need high temperature, like roasting, stir frying, you can use coconut oil as it has high temperature resistance. On the other hand, for simple cooking, use olive oil. But don’t use extra virgin olive oil for cooking, as heat at higher levels can destroy the Vitamin E and Polyphenol compounds in the Olive Oil.
I am facing a lot of digitising problems, in actual I am facing gas problems and most importantly I feels pain in my stomach occasionally. Moreover, my stomach doesn't get clear mostly so I face a bit tired and don't feel hunger which results weight loss.
Vitamins are essential micronutrients which the body requires, though in small amounts, for optimal health. These chemicals play a crucial role in keeping our body healthy and disease free.One such vitamin is vitamin K, which is essential for optimal blood clotting process, and also has multiple other benefits. More details about the functions, benefits and sources are listed below.
- Vitamin K is actually a group of vitamins and has K1, K2, and K3. The functions and benefits accordingly will depend on the actual chemical being referred to.
- These are fat soluble vitamins and therefore absorption is better when something fatty is eaten along with it
- Vitamin K1 or phyloquilline reaches the liver and is essential for blood clotting. Reduced levels of vitamin K can lead to uncontrolled bleeding, but this is very rare in adults. Newborns can have this problem, and therefore, it is common to give them a one shot of vitamin K injection.
- Vitamin K2 is produced by gut bacteria and reaches blood vessel walls and bones. It prevents hardening and calcification of arteries, which is the main cause of heart disease.
- It helps in improving calcium and other mineral concentration in the bones and makes the matrix strong. It can be used in osteoporosis to reverse and control bone loss. It can also be used to heal fractured bones.
- It slows the growth of cancer cells and can be used to stabilise cancer. It has been shown to improve multiple forms including hepatocellular, prostate, colon, and oral cancer.
- It is beneficial in controlling Alzheimer’s disease and improves memory loss in ageing people
- It improves insulin action and therefore prolongs onset of type 2 diabetes
- It has been shown to have antioxidant properties (as most other vitamins) and also helps in reducing toxin buildup
- It is good for skin health and can help control bruising and dermatitis
Vitamin K is found naturally in many foods and the daily dose required for an adult is about 120 to 150 mcg/day. Therefore supplementation is usually not required.
Leafy green vegetables including spinach, okra, cabbage, beans broccoli, and asparagus
- Fermented foods like yoghurt
- Soybean in all forms including medium cooked as well and Japanese diet uses boiled, fermented soybean called natto, which contains tremendous amount of vitamin K
- Nuts, such as cashews, almonds, walnuts, are a good source
- Strawberries, grapes, prunes, and apples
- Seafood such as salmon and shrimp contain good amount to control heart attack and stroke.
- Meat (duck, beef, chicken, and lamb)
Supplements are to be avoided, especially in pregnant and/or nursing mothers and people with a history of stroke, heart disease, heart attack and blood clotting problems.
Mosquitoes might be tiny creatures, but are responsible for some of the most dreadful diseases, one of them is malaria. Malaria is caused by a parasite that is transmitted through mosquito bites directly or from mother to unborn baby and through blood transfusions. Very widely spread in the Asian and African continents, people travelling here are very cautious of this disease. In areas that are notorious for mosquito infestations, the local people also take preventive measures to ensure mosquito breeding is prevented or at least minimised.
Spread of the disease: When a mosquito bites an infected person, it picks up the parasite from the person and when it next bites another person, the infection is also transmitted. From there, the parasite travels to the liver and into the bloodstream before reaching another individual. While all people are prone to getting the infection, elderly people, children, pregnant women, and immunocompromised people are at greater risk. Also, new travellers are at greater risk than local people, who are to some extent immune to mosquito bites.
Symptoms: The disease is characterised by moderate to severe shaking chills which are more common in the evening, high fever, profuse sweating, headache, vomiting, and diarrhoea. Quite often, there is about a 4-week gap between the time of the mosquito bite and the onset of symptoms. However, in many people, the disease could lie dormant and symptoms manifest when the immunity is severely lowered.
With the gradual progression of the disease, more severe symptoms could evolve as below, and that is when malaria becomes life threatening.
- Cerebral malaria: Once the parasites enter the bloodstream, they can block the minor blood vessels in the brain leading to cerebral oedema and even brain damage. It could eventually result in coma.
- Anaemia: There is large-scale destruction of red blood cells, leading to severe anaemia and weakness and fatigue
- Breathing problems: Similarly, accumulation of fluid in the lung spaces can lead to pulmonary oedema which causes difficulty breathing and lung failure.
- Organ failure: Blood flow blockage to other vital organs like kidneys, liver, and spleen are also possible. The spleen may rupture leading to severe haemorrhage.
- Low blood sugar: The malarial parasite per se and the most commonly used medicine (quinine) are both known to cause low blood sugar levels. This can result in coma and even death.
Once the diagnosis is confirmed, treatment usually consists of chloroquine, Mefloquine, quinine sulfate, or hydroxychloroquine. There are various drug-resistant forms of malaria, and they may require combination therapy.
Prevention assumes greater significance with travellers going for vaccines prior to visiting these areas. Even the local people should find ways to avoid breeding of mosquitoes, use mosquito repellents and nets to avoid the infection.
I have a habit of eating slate pencil. I eat 3 to 4 slate pencil in month or after 3 2 weeks. I just want to quit this habit. And does it effect my health? Is there any problem in my future? And I'm 21 years old and I'm too thin my weight is only 35 kg so please guide me n give some advice that how should I get rid off this kind of habit. And I know that its harmful but I have got addicted please help me.
My self Ali, I am from Mumbai. Sir, I want to ask you that can I use aloevera jel on my acne. Is it helpful or not for acne or pimple. Please tell me what I do. Thank you.
I am 20 years old. My skin was clear .but after marriage i.e.from 9-10 months my skin is having red and dark pimples and some acnes .how can I get my clear skin? Also give me advice for hair fall.
Can you suggest me some high protein diet? I want to loose weight? What are the food intake that should be avoided?
In my college life, I fell on love with a girl, After one year I proposed to her but she rejects me because her parents won't accept any love. Within a month she started a another relationship with a boy in the my class. I really gone depressed so much. It was happened before 2 years but still I can't forget and move on. Whenever I see any love things I really feeling some pain. Sometimes I tried to get suicide but some reasons stopped me from that. After that incident I didn't have any courage to live a life. Also I don't have any courage to propose another girl. I know she doesn't return to my life. But my mind didn't accept that. Please give me some permanent solution for me. P. S. I LOOK VERY VERY UGLY.
How to reduce immediate C Reactive Protein in body. Which Medicine or home remedy gives quick result long lasting.
Hello sir, I am 32 years old woman. I am vegetarian. My wedding day is next month please healthy diet chart for me.
I am a 18 year old boy. My weight is too low according to my height, my weight is only 42 and my height is 5'6'so I feel uncomfortable to face anyone so sir please suggest me a good supplement and capsules, medicine, diet etc. To increase our weight. Please please I also joined gym but not affect on my body.
All women have two ovaries located on either side of the uterus. They are fundamental for the process of child birth. However ovarian cysts have emerged as major problems which most women suffer from. In this, small pockets filled with fluids develop on the surface or within the ovaries. Though they are generally harmless, often times disappearing without any treatment, they do have the potential to create complications during child birth. Treatment of ovarian cysts depends on the size and the quantity of the cysts.
Some of the treatments available are-
1. Patience and a careful watch
In case medical examinations reveal tiny cysts, patience can be the key word. If you did not suffer from perceptible symptoms and the cysts were revealed only through tests, you must follow it with regular visits to the doctor. Few medications and regular ultrasound examinations are all you need in such a case.
Birth control pills or contraceptives may be sometimes prescribed to you as possible medications to treat the cysts. Regular administering of these medicines deters the possibility of further development of cysts. They also benefit greatly in reducing the possibilities of suffering from ovarian cancer in the future.
In case the tests reveal large cysts, operations or surgical removal of them may be the only possible solution. Operations are generally suggested if the cysts have persisted for a long time and are accompanied by terrible pain in the lower abdomen.
4. Ovarian cystectomy
This is performed when the ovaries are kept intact and only the cysts are carefully removed.
In this form of surgery, only the ovary that is affected with the cysts is removed, while the other is kept intact. Both the ovaries might also have to be surgically removed if they are found to be affected.
6. Hysterectomy and subsequent removal of fallopian tubes and uterus
This is done when the cysts developed have the potential of becoming cancer us. In such a situation, an extreme measure is adopted with the complete removal of the ovaries along with the uterus and fallopian tubes. This is done in order to prevent the subsequent spreading of cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.