Doctor in Samruddhi Clinic
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Samruddhi ClinicYour feedback matters!
अरंडी का तेल एक प्रकार का वनस्पति तेल है जिसका इस्तेमाल हम कई समस्याओं को दूर करने के लिए करते हैं. वैज्ञानिक नाम रिसीनस कम्युनिस वाले अरंडी का पौधा मूल रूप से अफ्रीका और भारत में पाया जाता है. अपने देश में अरंडी के तेल को कई नामों से जाना जाता है - तेलुगु में अमुदामु, मराठी में इरांदेला टेला, तमिल में अमानकु एनी, मलयालम में अवानाककेना और बंगाली में रिरिरा टेला. इस तेल को बनाने के लिए इसके बीजों को दबाया जाता है. यह विभिन्न सौंदर्य प्रसाधन, साबुन, वस्त्र, मालिश तेलों और प्रतिरक्षा प्रणाली, फंगल संक्रमण का इलाज, त्वचा पिग्मेंटेशन का इलाज, बुढ़ापे की प्रक्रिया को धीमा करना, मुंहासों का इलाज करना और आंखों के इलाज में इस्तेमाल होता है. अरंडी का तेल या कैस्टर ऑयल, थोड़ा गाढ़ा और दिखने में हल्के पीले रंग का होता है. अरंडी के तेल में चेहरे के लिए विषेशरूप से उपयोगी रेजिनोलिक एसिड और कई अन्य फैटी एसिड मौजूद होते हैं. आइए इस लेख के माध्यम से हम अरंडी के तेल के उपयोग के बारे में जानें.
1. लंबे बालों के लिए-
अरंडी का तेल बालों के विकास के लिए फायदेमंद है. इसमें ओमेगा फैटी एसिड होता है जो रक्त परिसंचरण में वृद्धि करता है. इस तेल के मसाज करने से घने और लंबे बाल मिलते हैं. यह तेल बाल कूप में रक्त परिसंचरण को बढ़ावा देता है, जिससे बालों का विकास तेज हो जाता है. अरंडी का तेल बालों में संक्रमण को रोकता है जो पैच, रूसी और खुजली जैसी बालों के समस्याओं को कम करता है.
2. रोके सफेद बालों पर नियंत्रण के लिए-
यदि आपके बाल सफ़ेद होना शुरू हो गया हैं, तो अरंडी का तेल लगाने से बालों को सफेद होने से रोक सकता है. इस तेल के इस्तेमाल से, समय से पहले बालों के सफेद होने को रोकने में भी उपयोगी हो सकता है. यह आपके बालों का स्वस्थ और घने बनाने में सहायक है. इसके अलावा अरंडी का तेल शुष्क और क्षतिग्रस्त बालों के उपचार में बहुत उपयोगी हो सकता है.
3. त्वचा की सूजन के लिए-
अरंडी के तेल में फैटी एसिड, रिकिनोलिक एसिड में प्रभावी गुण होता है जो त्वचा पर सूजन को कम करने में मदद करता है. यह त्वचा की सूजन का निदान करने के लिए एक रामबाण उपाय है जो पिम्पल्स रूखी त्वचा के कारण होती है. इस तेल को रुई में डुबोकर प्रभावित त्वचा पर लगाएं और एक घंटे के बाद धो लें.
4. एंटी एजिंग के लिए-
यह तेल एंटी-एजिंग के रूप में भी सहायक होता है और आपके त्वचा पर एजिंग इफेक्ट को कम करता है. यह त्वचा के गहराई में जाता है और कोलेजन और ईलेस्टिन में वृद्धि करता है. जिससे त्वचा मुलायम और नम होता है. इसके अलावा यह रिंकल और फाइन लाइन्स को भी कम करता है. इसको चेहरे पर लगाने से पहले चेहरे को अच्छी तरह पानी से धो लें और साफ कर लें. इसके बाद तेल को चेहरे पर धीरे-धीरे मसाज करें. इस प्रक्रिया को नियमित तरीके से रात को सोने से पहले लगाएं और बेहतर परिणाम देखें.
5. मुहाँसो को करे दूर-
अरंडी के तेल मुँहासे वाले त्वचा के लिए भी फायदेमंद होती है. हालाँकि कई लोग तेल लगाने से परहेज करते है क्योंकि तेल चेहरे के पोर्स को भर देते हैं. लेकिन अरंडी के तेल का इस्तेमाल करने से मुँहासे कम होते है. इसके लिए आपको चेहरे को गुनगुने पानी से धो लें जो आपके त्वचा के पोर्स को खोलने में मदद करेगा. फिर इस तेल को रात में सोने से पहले अपने चेहरे पर लगाएं. अरंडी का तेल पिम्पल्स से उत्पन्न जीवाणु से लड़ता है. यह असरदार तरीकें से त्वचा की गहराई में प्रवेश करता है, जिससे मुँहास को कम करने में प्रभावी होता है.
अरंडी का तेल एक एंटीसेप्टिक के रूप में भी उपयोगी है. त्वचा अपर कट्स और खरोंचे होने पर अरंडी का तेल प्रभावी हो सकता है. कुछ मलहम में भी अरंडी का उपयोग किया जाता है जो घाव को ठीक करने में और मलहम के मुकाबले बहुत सहायक हो सकते हैं. इसके एंटी बैक्टीरियल गुण घाव और खरोंच में इंफेक्शन होने के जोखिम को कम करता हैं. इसके अलावा दर्द को कम करने में भी मदद करता है.
6. गठिया के इलाज में-
गठिया रोग के लिए अरंडी का तेल एक बेहतर विकल्प है. यह जॉइंट और टिश्यू के दर्द से राहत प्रदान कर सकता है. अरंडी के तेल को कॉटन कपडे में डुबोएं और फिर प्रभावित हिस्से पर रख कर साफ कपडे से कवर कर दें. इसके बाद हीटिंग पैड प्रभावित जगह पर एक घंटे तक छोड़ दें . इससे घाव भरने में मदद मिलती है और सूजन को भी कम कर देता है.
7. प्रतिरक्षा तंत्र को मजबूत बनाने में-
अरंडी का तेल इम्यून सिस्टम को मजबूत करता है जिससे शरीर के रक्षा तंत्र को भी बढ़ाता है. यह आपके शरीर में टी -11 सेल्स की मात्रा को भी बढ़ाता है, जिससे रक्षा तंत्र में वृद्धि करती है. टी -11 कोशिकाओं में रोगजनकों और विषाक्त पदार्थों के खिलाफ एंटीबॉडी होते हैं, जो आपके स्वास्थ्य को बेहतर बनाने में मदद करते हैं.
8. पीठ दर्द में-
पीठ दर्द से छुटकारा पाने के लिए एक उत्कृष्ट प्राकृतिक उपचार है. अरंडी के तेल को पीठ पर मसाज करने से दर्द और कठोरता से छुटकारा मिलता है. प्रभावित हिस्से पर तेल लगाएं और एक घंटे तक लगा छोड़ दें. आप पीठ पर एक हीटिंग पैड रख कर छोड़ दें. इस प्रक्रिया को हफ्ते में दो बार दोहराएं. पीठ दर्द से छुटकारा पाने का सबसे आसान और सुरक्षित तरीका है.
9. स्ट्रेच मार्क्स के लिए-
यह प्रेगनेंसी के बाद होने वाले स्ट्रेच मार्क्स से भी निजात दिलाता है. क्योंकि यह फैटी एसिड में समृद्ध हैं तो इसे प्रेगनेंसी के आखिर के में लगाने से स्ट्रेच मार्क्स होने से रोक सकता है.इस प्रक्रिया को हर दिन २० मिनट तक लगाएं.
The condition of pneumothorax is related to the lungs. It is caused when air goes inside the space between the lungs and the chest wall. This space is called a pleural space. The presence of air inside pleural space is considered abnormal. A serious level of this condition can also even cause death. This disease is found to be more common in men than women.
In medical terms, pneumothorax means collapsed lungs. The air inside the space between the lungs and chest puts pressure on the lung to make its way. This causes the lungs to collapse. Basically, a part of the lung collapses and not the whole lung. Because of this problem, the lungs do not expand as much as they should do while the person inhales. This issue can be mildly present or could be on a serious level. When it is mild, then it might get unnoticed by the person having it.
The symptoms of pneumothorax can start with chest pain which is most noticeable. This pain can be very sharp. Some people feel a kind of tightness in their chest. Other symptoms are:
- Increased heartbeats.
- Fast breathing.
- Dizziness or feeling of confusion.
- Fainting or even coma.
- Difficulty in inhaling- mainly pains which are sharp.
- Skin or lips turning blue.
There could be some other symptoms as well, because of the oxygen levels in the blood decrease. In some cases, it has been seen that there were no symptoms, but the problem existed. If any of the above-mentioned symptoms appear, seeking help from a doctor is advised. Especially in the case of breathing-related conditions, immediate action is very important before anything turns into a more serious issue.
Causes of Pneumothorax:
Pneumothorax is a lung disease. When the lungs or chest is affected by some reasons, this disease can appear. The causes for pneumothorax are fundamentally divided into three categories:
A primary spontaneous pneumothorax happens when the patient has no personal medical history of this disease or any lung disease. For such cases, determining the cause becomes even more difficult. There is a certain group of people who are at more risk of this kind of pneumothorax:
- People who take drugs for recreation like cannabis or tobacco.
- Men who are tall
- People in the age group of 15-34.
- If there is a family history of lung disease or specifically pneumothorax.
This type of pneumothorax is not very fatal if it is treated on time.
This is caused because of various kinds of lung disease and requires more medical assistance and care. This is also more serious than primary spontaneous pneumothorax. If not treated on time, it can also become the cause of a death. Family history also plays a role for this type of pneumothorax. Following are the types of lung diseases which can cause secondary spontaneous pneumothorax:
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease): It is a term for a set of diseases which blocks the airflow and makes it very difficult for the person to breathe.
- Cystic fibrosis: It is mostly an inherited disease. Because of this disease, the fluids become sticky and thicken over time and then they are responsible for blockages.
- Asthma, especially if it is severe.
- Sarcoidosis: When lots of small inflammatory cells start growing in multiple parts of the body, that condition is called as sarcoidosis.
- Pulmonary fibrosis: This is caused when the tissues of the lungs get damaged for some reason and then those damaged tissues hinder the working of the lungs.
Not just the lung diseases, but certain tissue related diseases can be the reason as well, some of which are listed below:
- Marfan’s syndrome: It is also an inherited disease which affects the connective tissues of the body.
- Systemic sclerosis: When the connective tissues and skin hardens and tightens, it is called as systemic sclerosis.
- Polymyositis: It is basically inflammation of the muscles.
- Arthritis (rheumatic): It is also an inflammatory disorder, which leads to pain in joints in the body.
- Spondylitis: It is a kind of arthritis which affects larger joints, as well as the spine.
- Ehlers-Danlos syndrome: This syndrome also affects the connective tissues in the body, mainly the joints, skin or even the blood vessels.
It has also been seen that children also get this type of pneumothorax. The causes which can trigger this in children are as follows:
- Inhaling of an object which can harm the lungs or respiratory tract
- Congenital malformations
As the name suggests, this type of pneumothorax is caused by some injury or trauma. When the ribs are fractured due to some injury (like sports injury) or accident, the lungs can get punctured by the sharp ends of the broken bones. This is very harmful to the life of the person and can also cause rapid fall or even loss of blood pressure.
This type of pneumothorax can also happen even when the wounds of the injuries are not visible on the chest. This has been commonly observed in people who have gone through blast trauma in case of any kind of an explosion.
Sometimes, even some medical treatments can cause this type of pneumothorax. For example, when a catheter is put inside a vein in the chest or when some lung tissue samples are taken, it might increase the risk of getting a traumatic pneumothorax. Though when doctors perform these medical treatments, they keep caution and even after the treatment, they keep an eye on a person’s health to make sure there are no signs of this diseases.
How is it diagnosed?
Because the reasons for this disease to appear can be many, diagnosis becomes a bit complex. Usually, the diagnosis starts with a physical examination. They check for the sounds that are coming from the chest with the help of a stethoscope or simply by tapping. Many times, these sounds can depict if there is any abnormality. The doctors will also ask about the family history and medical history of the person. They would also need to know whether the person is a smoker or not. The doctors will also suggest going for an X-ray because it gives a picture of the lungs. This helps them in confirming their deduction after their physical examination. X-ray is done when the patient inhales and hold their breath for some moments.
While X-rays are good to make out the condition of the lungs, CT-scans are better in providing an improved imagery. This helps in checking the size of the pneumothorax and then the treatment can be given accordingly. Generally, CT scans are suggested when the situation is suspected to be serious by the doctors and an immediate treatment could be required. Another test which is useful for the doctors to investigate is ultrasound. The doctors might or might not suggest this. It depends on whether they want to get the tests done for blunt trauma or not.
Prevention from Pneumothorax:
Once a patient gets this disease, the chances of them getting it again are high. So even if they are healed once, they should take extra precautions to avoid getting it again. There are certain steps a person can take to avoid this problem, but following them will not guarantee that pneumothorax will not happen at all:
- People who do scuba diving needs to be a bit cautious too. They should take advice from their doctor to verify whether they can do it or not. This is because when they are scuba diving, they take the air from compressed air tanks. At that time, they experience varying levels of pressure of water as well as the air. The collective force of these varied pressures can damage the lungs which could result in pneumothorax.
- If there is any history of this disease, or any other chest or lung disease, then repeated visits to the doctor for a regular check-up is advised. It is important to keep an eye on the health of the lungs, especially when the person is aware that there were issues with them in the past.
When the person is recovering from pneumothorax, they must be very careful. The doctors advise should be dutifully followed. They should also:
- Switch back to their normal routine slowly, not suddenly.
- Report to the doctor if any issues like a cough containing blood or fever are present.
- Avoid lifting heavy objects.
- Avoid using vacuum cleaners or even lawn mowing.
- Confirm their physical regime from the doctor. They might need to avoid heavy exercises and extreme physical workouts.
- Confirm with the doctor if they can travel in flight or go to higher altitudes.
This will help them in preventing the collapse again in case they had it before.
Treatment of Pneumothorax:
Most of the times, the treatment of pneumothorax cannot be done by the patient themselves. The size of the problem determines how much medical attention is required. Generally, the doctors put a tube inside the body of the patient. The tube is put either between the ribs, or it is placed under the collarbone. That tube is used to relieve the gas which causes pneumothorax. When this gas is relieved, it helps the lungs in inflating again.
Other than this, doctors can also prescribe some pain relievers which help patients in relieving the pain. Drugs might also be required to remove the toxins and avoid infection.
If the condition is severe, and the person is finding it hard to breathe, then oxygen support might also be required. Sometimes, doctors need to perform surgery but that mostly happens with patients who keep getting the pneumothorax.
If the condition is very mild, then it might just heal by itself, but that is for the doctor to decide the severity of the disease. Initially, doctors might ask the patient to wait and see if it heals by itself and keep checking the progress. If it does not heal, then other treatments are given.
The biggest complication for patients with pneumothorax is that once they get it, they can get it again. The time within which they can expect it again is between a year and two. In fact, the air leaks might keep on happening slowly in case the opening of the lungs is not properly closed. In such cases, the doctor should be referred to so that they can advise a long-lasting solution.
Also, if the person is already suffering from any type of pneumothorax (primary, secondary or traumatic), there are chances that it can get converted into the tension pneumothorax. This happens when the air leaks inside the pleural space. When the patient inhales, that air which is leaking gets trapped and cannot find a way to go out. This increases the air pressure in that pleural space and if immediate treatment is not provided, then it can lead to the life-threatening situation.
It is often believed that the only reason why lungs collapse is smoking. Though smoking plays a very major role in deteriorating the health of the lungs; but pneumothorax can also be caused because of other reasons specified. And once it happens, the patient must stay away from smoking to avoid getting this problem once more. Smoking increases the chances of getting the pneumothorax. In fact, the probability of getting this disease is 22 times more in people who smoke than those who don’t. Still, it does not mean that quitting smoking will guarantee that pneumothorax won’t happen. It greatly reduces the chances though, which is why smoking should be avoided.
Bed Sores Overview:
When an area of the skin is under pressure for a very long duration, it can develop pressure ulcers that are usually called Bed Sores. This can usually be seen with people who are bedridden due to health issues. It can develop on any area of the skin and usually seen on hips and the tailbone along with ankles. It can be painful and cause a lot of discomforts. In some cases, it can even create other health complications when treatment is not provided at the right time. However, in most cases, it can easily be treated and you will not have any problems with them. Only in rare cases, they do come back and you need to take preventive measures to avoid them in future.
Symptoms of Bed Sores:
- It can usually cause swelling and you will be able to notice this clearly in the affected area. If this condition happens when you are not physically active, you need to approach your doctor as this can easily develop into a full grown ulcer that will trouble you in future.
- The colour of the skin changes due to the pressure and even the texture will also see some difference from the nearby areas. You should not neglect such changes in your body and always approach a doctor as soon as you notice such symptoms.
- When the ulcer has fully developed, it will even have pus formation and it can drain sometimes causing a lot of discomforts. In some cases, it can even be painful and you will be able to feel the bed sores even without touching them.
- The unusual thing about the bed sores is that it will have a slightly different temperature when compared to the rest of your body. You can clearly notice this when you touch the ulcer and it either feels warmer than the other regions or cooler than the other skin surface of your body.
- In the initial stages, the bed sores will look like a small injury on the skin surface and you will notice other symptoms in the affected area. However, when it reaches the advanced stages, you may even see the injury spreading to the muscle and bone areas inside the body.
Causes of Bed Sores:
- The main cause of bed sores is pressure on the skin. This usually happens when the body does not move too often. It drastically reduces the flow of blood to the affected area and the tissues in that region can get permanently damaged due to this pressure. It will not be able to sustain the pressure and this condition usually leads to pressure ulcers in that region. You can usually find this kind of bed sores with people who are bedridden and with people who do not have complete mobility due to various reasons.
- Yet another cause is attributed to friction and this can happen due to constant rubbing of the body part against the bedding. If the area is moist, the chances of getting bed sores to increase a lot and this damages the skin more than anything else and lead to pressure ulcers.
- In rare cases, this can also happen due to internal infection and when constant pressure is put on the affected region, it can lead to ulcers in no time. You should be careful about the initial symptoms and try to get good treatment at this stage as treating advanced ulcers will be very difficult and you will have to undergo a lot of discomfort in the long run.
- A part of that, poor blood circulation to any part of the body due to various reasons can also lead to this condition. When your body lacks the necessary proteins and vitamins, the skin tissues will not be able to take the damage and they develop pressure ulcers in quick time.
- In few people, conditions like diabetes and other vascular diseases can also trigger pressure ulcers when there is lack of blood flow to the affected region.
- It is also common among aged patients when they are not able to move the body for a very long time. The skin will get thinner with age and this also contributes towards developing pressure ulcers in future.
Diagnosis of Bed Sores:
The diagnosis of bed sores begin with a physical examination and your doctor will try to assign the right stage to the condition. This will help them to provide treatment based on the level of the ulcers. Remember that treating initial stage ulcers require very less effort and you can easily get relief in quick time. When it reaches advanced stages, even surgery may be needed to treat the condition. When you go for a diagnosis, your doctor will watch out for the symptoms and see if it needs further investigation. In some cases, you may be asked to go for a blood test to see if there is any other infection within your body that is triggering this condition. In rare cases, a biopsy of the affected area is performed to rule out the chances of cancer.
Prevention of Bed Sores"
- There are many things you can do to prevent bed sores and keeping your skin in healthy condition is one of them. To begin with, you need to keep your skin clean and wash them regularly. It is also a good idea to reduce the exposure to moisture as this can cause pressure ulcers when you do not move your body for very long hours.
- Other than that, you should also ensure that urine and stool do not come into contact with your skin surface and clean your skin after using the toilet. This can cause infection and trigger pressure ulcers at a later stage.
- You can use some lotions and powder to keep your skin from damage while sleeping and it is a good idea to change the bedding on a frequent basis. Whenever you notice any pressure sore on your skin, try to see if anything is causing that pressure and avoid such things while sleeping.
- Do not elevate your bed too much as this can result in shearing in some cases. When the body slides at a later stage when you are in deep sleep, this can rub your skin the wrong way and cause pressure ulcers.
- It is also important to choose a good mattress that will be comfortable for you to use for long hours. Make sure that they do not put pressure especially on the bony areas and this will help you to prevent pressure ulcers in that area.
- If you are using a wheelchair for long hours, try to choose the ones that allow you to change your position by slightly tilting the seat. This will help you to relieve the pressure and you will get relief from pressure ulcers.
- If you are bedridden, make sure that you try to shift your position either by yourself or with the help of others on a frequent basis. This will ensure that pressure is not applied to only a few areas for the very long duration and you will be able to have good blood circulation throughout your body.
Treatment for Bed Sores:
- The first step in treating bedsores begin with reducing the pressure from the affected area. This ensures that further damage is not caused and the ulcers can be treated for the wounds. This includes reducing the pain so that the patient will get immediate relief from the symptoms.
- Once this is accomplished, the next step is to prevent infection as this can affect the bones and joints in advanced stages. After this is done, further steps can be taken to prevent the pressure ulcers in the future.
- The best way to reduce pressure is to bring about a change in the position of the body. Especially when you sleep, you may not be moving your body and this can lead to pressure ulcers. The same thing can happen when you are sitting for long hours in a wheelchair. In this situation, you can change your position once in a while and avoid constant pressure on the affected area.
- It is also a good idea to use a mattress and cushions that will relieve the pressure on the affected area. This can be used even while sleeping or when you are sitting in a wheelchair. Use a soft cushion that will reduce the pressure and you can easily get relief from bed sores in this manner.
- The next step is to clean the open sores so that they do not cause any infection in other healthy skin tissues in the nearby area. After this is done, the open sores as covered with a bandage and this will keep your skin safe from infection. Make sure that you get the dressing changed regularly as this is important to maintain the hygiene in the affected area.
- Apart from the regular treatment, even medication will be used to control the pain and fight infection. Remember that the infection can spread inside the body if it is not treated for a long duration and you need to use proper medication to treat the infection. Painkillers are prescribed only to reduce the pain on a temporary basis depending on the overall health condition of the patient.
- In some cases, a vacuum device may be used to remove the wound completely from the skin surface. If everything else fails, surgery may be the last option to remove the ulcer from the body. This is adopted when the infection has spread to the muscles and bone region.
Complications of Bed Sores:
- When treatment is not provided at the right time, it can even lead to various complications in the future. Some of them can even become life-threatening and lead to cancer.
- The major complication of this condition is cellulitis which causes infection on the skin surface. You can notice a red sore that is usually swelling when you are affected by this condition. In some cases, there may be no pain in the region and this will usually be due to nerve damage in the affected area. For this reason, you need to watch out the symptoms carefully and get the treatment at the right time.
- In extreme conditions when the ulcer is in an advanced stage, it can even affect the bones and joints due to infection. When the joint tissues get affected due to the infection, it can lead to septic arthritis and this can damage the joints at a later stage. In the same manner, it can even reach the bone region and reduce the strength of the bones in a huge manner. This is a serious situation and if you neglect this issue at this stage, you may have to suffer a lot in the long run due to weak bones and joints in the affected area.
- In rare cases, this can also lead to sepsis which can drastically attack the immune system and lead to various complications. You should be very careful about this aspect and approach your doctor as soon as you see early symptoms of pressure ulcer.
- When you notice that the wounds are coming back frequently, you need to be worried as this can lead to cancer in some cases. However, it is a rare thing and you need to understand that any infection or open sore that does not heal will have their own set of risks and get cancer is also one of them.
When you notice any uneven skin tone on your skin surface, you should immediately check if any pressure is being felt in that area for a prolonged duration due to your sitting or sleeping position. If this is the case, you should never neglect the problem and immediately approach your doctor to get the suitable treatment. Always remember that treating pressure ulcers is very easy when it is still in the early stages. You should also be aware of the preventive measures that need to be taken when you are not able to move your body for long hours due to some health condition. By making suitable changes to your lifestyle and diet, you will be able to avoid bed sores in the future.
अमरूद हमारे यहाँ पाए जाने वाले कुछ प्रचलित फलों में से एक है. ये स्वाद में जितना बेहतरीन लगता है इसके स्वास्थ्य वर्धक फाड़े भी उतने ही ज्यादा हैं. यही नहीं अमरूद के पत्ते भी कई तरह की बीमारियों को दूर करने में काफी उपयोगी साबित होते हैं. अमरूद के पत्ते भी कई औषधीय गुणों से युक्त होते हैं. साथ ही इनमें कई पोषक तत्व भी मौजूद होते हैं. यदि इसे उचित तरीके से इस्तेमाल किया जाए तो हम अमरूद के पत्तों से अपनी कई परेशानियों को दूर कर सकते हैं.
आइए इस लेख की सहायता से हम अमरूद के पत्तों के फायदों को विस्तारपूर्वक जानें.
1.कोलेस्ट्रॉल को करे नियंत्रित-
अमरूद के पत्तों से कोलेस्ट्राल को नियंत्रित करने के लिए इसके 5-6 पत्तों को धो कर पानी में 10 मिनट तक उबालें. इसके बाद इसे छान कर नियमित रूप से हर दिन पीने पर कोलेस्ट्रॉल नियंत्रण में आएगा.
2. जीवाणु रोधी के रूप में
अमरूद के पत्ते आपको पेट दर्द, उल्टी और विषाक्त भोजन से राहत प्रदान करते हैं. इसका कारण ये है कि अमरूद के पत्ते जीवाणुरोधी हैं. इनके पानी पीने से आपका पेट का दर्द दूर होगा. साथ ही उल्टी और विषाक्त भोजन के दुष्प्रभाव से राहत मिलेगी.
3. दस्त के उपचार में
अमरूद के पत्तों की सहायता से दस्त का उपचार करने के लिए आपको 30 ग्राम पत्ते को दो ग्लास पानी और 1 मुठ्ठी चावल की मांड में उबाल कर इसे छानकर इसको दिन में दो बार पिना होगा. ऐसा करने से आपके दस्त रुक जाएँगे.
4. डेंगू बुखार के उपचार में
डेंगू के बुखार में इसका इस्तेमाल करने के लिए आपको 1 से 10 अमरूद के पत्ते को 5 कप पानी में उबालें. जब या पानी 3 कप रह जाए तो इसका ठंडा हो जाने पर इसको 1-1 कप करके दिन में तीन बार मरीज को पिलायें. इससे डेंगू का बुखार उतरेगा.
5. वजन कम करने में
अमरूद के पत्ते वजन गिराने में भी मदद करते हैं. दरअसल यह शरीर में जटिल स्टार्च को चीनी में बदलने से रोकता है जिसकी वजह से वजन गिराने में मदद मिलती है. इसके सेवन से आप अपना वजन कम कर पाएंगे.
6. दांतों और मसूड़ों के उपचार में
अमरूद के पत्तों से दाँत और मसूड़ों के दर्द का इलाज किया जा सकता है. इसके लिए अमरूद के पत्तों को उबाल कर, छानने के बाद जो पानी मिलता है, उससे आप गार्गल करें तो आपका दर्द, मसूड़ों की सूजन और मुंह के छाले दूर हो जाएँगे.
7. शुक्राणुओं की संख्या बढ़ाने में
शुक्राणुओं की कमी से परेशान व्यक्ति के लिए उपयोगी हो सकता है. अमरूद के पत्तों से शूक्रोणुओं की संख्या में बढ़ोतरी होती है. क्योंकि पुरुषों में इनको खाने से शुक्राणु की गुणवत्ता और मात्रा में बढ़ोतरी होती है.
8. जोड़ों के दर्द को दूर करने में
जोड़ों के दर्द से पीड़ित व्यक्ति अमरूद के पत्तों से अपनी परेशानी दूर कर सकते हैं. जोड़ों का दर्द दूर अमरूद के पत्ते कूट कर उनका लेप बना लीजिए. इस लेप को जोड़ों पे लगाने से आपका दर्द ख़त्म हो जाएगा.
9. मधुमेह को नियंत्रित करने में
मधुमेह को नियंत्रित करने में भी अमरूद के पत्तों की महत्वपूर्ण भूमिका है. के पानी से मधुमेह पर नियंत्रण क्योंकि यह चीनी की मात्रा को खून में नियंत्रित करता है, यह मधुमेह के मरीजों के लिए लाभदायक है.
10. दमा के उपचार में
दमा जैसी बीमारियों को दूर करने में भी अमरूद के पत्तों की महत्वपूर्ण भूमिका है. इसकी सहायता से दमा का इलाज करने के लिए आपको ज्यादा कुछ करना भी नहीं है बस इसको खा लेना है. इसे खाने से आपके दमे का दौरा बहुत कम पड़ेगा.
11. मुंहासों को दूर करने में
मुहाँसे को दूर करने के लिए इसके रस को चेहरे पर लगायें और दो -तीन दिन में आपके मुहाँसे गायब हो जाएँगे. साथ ही इसको कूट कर लुग्धि बना कर आप अपने चेहरे पर लगाएँगे तो आपकी त्वचा जवान रहेगी, झुर्रियाँ हट जाएँगी और खुजली का इलाज़ होगा.
12. बालों का झड़ना रोकने में
अमरूद के पत्तों से बालों का झड़ना रोकने के लिए इसके रस को बालों को धोने की प्रक्रिया में सबसे अंत में लगायें. ऐसा करने से आपके बालों का झड़ना तो रुकेगा ही साथ में आपके बालों के रंग भी काले होंगे. एलर्जी भी करे दूर
अमरूद के के पत्ते एलर्जी को दूर करने में भी महत्वपूर्ण भूमिका निभाते हैं. एलर्जी को दूर करने के लिए आपको अमरूद के पत्तों का सेवन करना होगा. क्योंकि इसके पत्ते एलर्जी - रोधी हैं. इसलिए इनको खाने से एलर्जी दूर होती है.
अपने देश में अब लोगों का बढ़ता वजन चिंता का कारण बनता जा रहा है. लोग अब अपने बढ़ते हुए वजन को नियंत्रित करने या रोकने के लिए कई तरह के प्रयास कर रहे हैं. जाहिर है बाजार वजन कम करने वाली औषधियों से पटा पड़ा है. लोग धड़ल्ले से इसका खूब इस्तेमाल भी कर रहे हैं. लेकिन इन औषधियों के कई तरह के दुष्प्रभाव हैं. यदि आप इनके दुष्प्रभावों से बचना चाहते हैं तो आपको वजन कम करने के प्राकृतिक तरीके इस्तेमाल करने होंगे. यदि हम वजन कम करने के प्राकृतिक तरीकों की बात करें तो गोमूत्र का स्थान इसमें बेहद महत्वपूर्ण है. आज भी भारत के गाँवो में घर को गोबर से लीपने और गोमुत्र छिड़कने की रस्म निभाई जाती है. गोमुत्र पवित्र होने के साथ-साथ स्वभावतः कीटनाशक भी है. इसके इसी गुण के कारण पूजा-पाठ से पहले घर को गोबर से लीपा जाता है.
वजन कम करने में गौमूत्र का महत्त्व-
- हमारे यहाँ गौ को माता की उपाधि दी गई है. जाहिर है गौ को माता मानने के पीछे कई शानदार तार्किक कारण हैं. गौ को माता इसलिए कहा जाता है क्योंकि इनका पूरा जीवन अपने मानुष रूपी बच्चों की देखभाल में ही व्यतीत हो जाता है. गाय से प्राप्त सभी चीजों का औषधीय महत्त्व है. इनके दूध, गोबर और यहाँ तक कि गोमूत्र तक को मनुष्य जीवन को स्वस्थ बनाए रखने में सफलतापूर्वक इस्तेमाल किया जाता है. आयुर्वेद में तो इसे अमृत तुल्य कहा गया है. यहाँ यह भी उल्लेखनीय है कि गाय का दूध लगभग 100 से ज्यादा बीमारियों के निदान में उपयोगी है. गौमूत्र के बारे में भी कहा जाता है कि ये भी कई बिमारियों को दूर करने में कारगर है. गौमुत्र कैंसर सहित 100 से अधिक बीमारियों के निदान में उपयोग लाया जाता है. सिर्फ औषधीय रूप में ही नहीं धार्मिक रूप से भी गौमूत्र का महत्त्व बहुत ज्यादा है. जहां तक बात है इसके स्वाद की तो स्वाद में ये कसैला, तीखा और कड़वा होता है. पचने में भी ये बहुत अच्छा और स्वभाव से गर्म होता है. भोजन को ठीक से पचाने में मददगार होने के कारण ही इसका इस्तेमाल हमलोग वजन कम करने के लिए भी करते हैं.
- हमारे मोटापे को भोजन का पाचन भी प्रभावित करती है. यदि आपका पाचन सही है और ये उचित ढंग से काम कर रहा है तो आपको मोटापा की समस्या होने की संभावना कम होती है. जाहिर है गोमूत्र का सेवन आपके पाचन को दुरुस्त करता है. इसलिए आपको अपना मोटापा कम करने में गौमूत्र काफी सहायक सिध्द होता है.
Lump In The Breast
Lumps in the breast are bulges or swellings. There can be various reasons for a breast lump including infection and injuries. Most of the breast lumps are non-cancerous. Generally, people do not experience pain in breast cancer. The common symptoms of breast cancer are lumps in the breast that are painless, discharge from the nipple, and inflammation of the breast skin. You should reach out to a doctor as soon as you experience the symptoms of breast lumps. It is important to see a doctor as early as possible as it can affect your health in the long run. Your doctor provides the treatment on the basis of the cause of lumps. A biopsy or a tissue sampling is done in order to know if a lump is cancerous or not. A biopsy can be done in many ways. Lumps in the breast can appear in females as well as males, but females are more prone to breast lumps. Breast lumps can appear at any age. Sometimes, they appear and then disappear on their own.
Lump In The Breast Symptoms
Generally, breast lumps are painless. Check out various possible symptoms or signs of breast lumps that you may find:
- You may notice a lump in the breast that is painless.
- There can be a discharge from the nipple. The discharge can be there even without touching.
- You may have inflammation or swelling in the breast skin.
- You may experience changes in the breast skin including warmth and redness. There is a possibility that it is a symptom of breast cancer.
Lump In The Breast Causes
There are different types of tissue in the female breast. Milk glands and milk ducts are the two main types of tissue. There can be a variation in the composition of the breast tissue. Breasts change when a woman breastfeeds. The breast also has fatty tissue, fibrous connective tissue, nerves, lymph nodes, and blood vessels. The breast part can react in various ways to body chemistry changes. These changes can lead to the development of lumps in the breast. Check out various potential causes of a lump in the breast:
- An injury to the breast can lead to the development of breast lumps.
- Fibrocystic breasts can cause lumps in the breast. In this condition, breasts feel lumpy which can be accompanied by a pain.
- One of the common symptoms of fibroadenoma is a lump in the breast.
- Intraductal papilloma can lead to the formation of a lump in the breast. Intraductal papilloma is a small, benign tumour in a milk duct in the breast.
- A lipoma can cause a lump in the breast. It is a non-cancerous tumour made of fat tissue.
- An infection of the breast or mastitis can be a cause of breast lumps.
- Due to breast cancer, you experience lumps in the breast.
- Hamartoma, milk cysts, and breast cysts are some of the other potential causes of breast lumps.
How is it diagnosed?
You should visit the best doctor as soon as you experience the symptoms of breast lumps. Your doctor will ask you various questions regarding the lump including when you find out the lump, and what symptoms are you experiencing. Your doctor will conduct a physical examination of your breast in order to diagnose. If it becomes hard for your doctor to know the exact cause of breast lumps then he or she may ask you to go for some additional tests including:
- Mammogram: It is an X-ray of the breast done to know the abnormalities in the breast. Mammogram also helps to find out if a person has breast cancer, though sometimes it fails to provide the correct result which is rare. Calcium deposits pattern can appear on the mammogram which makes your doctor suspicious about cancer. In such a condition, it is generally recommended that a biopsy should be done.
- Ultrasound: It is a painless test done with the help of sound waves. It is done to evaluate lumps in the breast. It is done to know if a cyst is a solid lump (which can be cancerous or not) or fluid-filled. If even after the ultrasound it is not clear that the breast lump is cystic in nature then your doctor may ask you to go for further evaluation.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI): It is widely used for evaluating lumps in the breast as this test can even help to find out the abnormalities that are small in the breast. With the help of radio waves, a computer, and magnetism, the images of internal body structure are produced. The images that are obtained from the MRI can help to find out if any specific area is cancerous.
- Fine-Needle Aspiration: Fine-needle aspiration is a diagnostic procedure done to investigate lumps. In this procedure, fluid is removed from the breast lump with the help of a needle. Your doctor may conduct an ultrasound to guide the needle. Some cysts which are non-cancerous go away after removing the fluid. If your doctor finds that the fluid is cloudy or bloody then he or she may send it to a laboratory for analyzing cancer cells.
- Biopsy: Biopsy can be done in many ways. In this procedure, a tissue sample is taken in order to analyze under a microscope. Stereotactic biopsy, vacuum-assisted biopsy, fine-needle aspiration biopsy, core needle biopsy, a surgical biopsy (incisional biopsy), and surgical biopsy (excisional biopsy).
Generally, it is not possible to prevent breast lumps as they can occur due to hormonal changes and you have no control over them. You can reduce the risk of developing breast cancer if you:
- Have a healthy and balanced diet.
- Do not smoke and avoid secondhand smoke.
- Maintain a weight that is healthy.
- Do physical exercises regularly.
- Reduce or avoid the consumption of alcohol.
- Get your breasts examined regularly.
The doctor finds out the exact cause before giving the treatment to the patient. All breast lumps do not require treatment. Your doctor will decide whether there is a requirement for further testing or treatment depending on your case. Check out the various treatment options for breast lumps:
- Your doctor may recommend you antibiotics if you have an infection in the breast.
- If you have a cyst then your doctor may drain the cyst. Generally, cysts leave you when they are drained. In some circumstances, there is no need to treat cysts as they may go away on their own.
- If your doctor finds out that your lump is a breast cancer then treatment can include lumpectomy in which a lump is removed, mastectomy in which the breast tissue is removed, chemotherapy in which drugs are used to destroy or fight the cancer, and radiation in which radioactive materials or rays are used to fight the cancer. The treatment that is provided by the doctor depends on the type of the breast cancer patient has, the location and size of a tumour, and the extent of cancer.
- If your doctor finds out that the reason for your breast lump is an injury then your doctor might ask you to give some time to heal.
- There are some types of breast lumps including fibroadenoma which need not be treated or removed.
There are various complications associated with breast lumps. Some breast lumps are cancerous in nature. Various stages of breast cancer are treated with the help of chemotherapy. Chemotherapy can lead to many complications including constipation, diarrhoea, infertility, early menopause, constant exhaustion, nausea, vomiting and more.
Check out various myths or misconceptions about breast lumps:
Myth #1: A breast lump is probably cancer.
As per various studies, lumps that most women experience in the breast are not cancerous. They are generally a fibroadenoma or a cyst. There are some lumps that come and go away naturally during a menstrual cycle of a woman. It is important to do the self-examination of the breast regularly. As soon as you experience the symptoms of breast lumps, you should reach out to the best doctor for a diagnosis.
Myth #2: If you have a lump but your mammogram is normal, you are done.
There is a possibility that you have a lump but your mammogram does not show this. As per research, 10% mammography shows the wrong result. That is why your doctor may ask you to go for additional tests including a follow-up mammogram, ultrasound, and MRI in order to look at the lump again. Your doctor may also ask you to get the biopsy done to have the sample of your lump for testing.
Myth #3: Breast lumps which are cancerous are always painless.
It is not necessary that if you have lumps in your breast that are cancerous then you will have no pain. Generally, most of the breast cancers are not painful. If you have pain in the breast then it does not indicate that you have breast cancer. You may experience a pain due to a lump in inflammatory breast cancer. The early symptoms of inflammatory breast cancer are warmth, redness, tenderness, and swelling.
Breast lumps are swellings or bulges. Infection and injuries are some of the causes of breast lumps. It is not necessary that lumps are always painless. The common symptoms of breast lumps are painless lumps in the breast, discharge from the nipple, and inflammation or swelling in the breast skin. You should visit a doctor as soon as you experience the symptoms or signs of breast lumps. Your doctor can easily understand your problem after knowing your symptoms.
Your doctor may ask you to get some diagnostic tests done in order to be sure about the diagnosis. Mammogram, ultrasound, biopsy, magnetic resonance imaging and fine-needle aspiration are some of the diagnostic tests that are conducted by the doctor in order to diagnose lumps in the breast. The treatment is provided depending on the cause of breast lumps, the extent of breast lumps, and location and size of breast lumps. Your doctor suggests the best treatment option as per your situation. There are some cases of breast lumps that can be treated without any medicine. Antibiotics are recommended if there is an infection in the breast. If there is a cyst then it can be drained. There are some cysts that go away on their own.
You should get your breasts examined on a regular basis. Self-examination plays a very important role. You should maintain a healthy weight in order to get prevention from breast lumps. Chemotherapy can lead to many complications including nausea, constipation, vomiting, diarrhoea, and infertility. People have a lot of myths or misconceptions about breast lumps. Breast lumps which are cancerous are always painless is one of the common myths.
Autoimmune Disease Overview:
If a person is suffering from autoimmune disease, the immune system will attack the body mistakenly. Autoimmune disease is a condition in which the body loses the protection from virus and bacteria. The immune system should protect the body from foreign elements. It should produce fighter cells to attack virus and bacteria. The immune system will be able to differentiate the difference between the body’s own cells and foreign cells. When you are affected by the condition, the immune system will mistake the parts of the body such as the skin and joints. By producing autoantibodies, the healthy cells will be attacked.
Causes of Autoimmune disease:
- There are different kinds of autoimmune diseases. Some diseases will target only one organ and other diseases will target multiple parts of the human body.
- Type1 diabetes will target the pancreas
- Lupus will affect the entire body.
- The immune system’s misfire is not understood by doctors.
- The prevalence of the autoimmune disease is more in some people than others.
- The occurrence of autoimmune disease is on the rise. The environmental factors will increase the chance of infection. The exposure to chemicals and solvents should be avoided.
- By consuming highly processed food items, the chances of inflammation will increase. In this process, the immune system will be set off. However, this assumption should be proved.
- By offering vaccines and antiseptics to children, they are not being exposed to germs. If they were exposed to germs, they will build a natural defence system. As they are not exposed to germs, the immune system will overreact to harmful substances.
Symptoms of Autoimmune disease:
There are about 80 autoimmune diseases. Some of the common diseases and their symptoms are listed below:
- Type-1 diabetes – The immune system will destroy the insulin-producing cells in the pancreas. The hormone insulin will be produced in the pancreas and it will regulate the blood sugar levels. If there are high blood sugar levels, there will be damage to blood vessels. There will be damage to various organs such as the kidneys, eyes, heart and nerves.
- Multiple sclerosis – The myelin sheath will be damaged by multiple sclerosis. The sheath is nothing but the protective coating that surrounds the nerve cells. There will be the impact on the transmission of messages between brain and body. The symptoms associated with multiple sclerosis include imbalance, numbness, weakness and difficulty to walk. About 50% of people suffering from multiple sclerosis will need help while walking.
- Rheumatoid arthritis – It is an immune disease in which the joints will be attacked. There will be redness or stiffness in the joints. Some people will experience soreness as well.
- Psoriasis – the skin cells will grow as per the requirement and they will drop when they are no longer required. If a person is suffering from psoriasis, there will be a multiplication of skin cells at a rapid phase. There will be built-up of scaly patches or plaques on the skin.
- Addison’s disease – There will be an impact on the adrenal glands with the Addison’s disease. The production of hormones such as cortisol and aldosterone will diminish when a person is affected by the Addison’s disease.
- Inflammatory bowel disease – The condition that leads to the inflammation of the lining of the intestine is called inflammatory bowel disease. Various parts of the gastrointestinal parts will be affected by each type of inflammatory bowel disease (IBS). If there is Crohn’s disease, there will be inflammation of the GI tract. If a person is suffering from ulcerative colitis, the lining of the large intestine and rectum will be affected.
- Lupus – Lupus will affect the skin in the form of a rash. It will also affect various organs of the body including joints, kidneys, brain and heart. Symptoms of Lupus include joint pain, fatigue, and rash.
- Grave’s disease – The thyroid gland in the neck will be affected by the Grave’s disease. Hence, the production of hormones will increase. The energy usage in the body and metabolism will be affected by the thyroid hormone. If the production of thyroid hormone increases, there will be nervousness, heat intolerance, and weight loss. 50% of the people suffer from bulging of eyes due to Grave’s disease.
- Vasculitis – The immune system will attack blood vessels and it will lead to vasculitis. If there is inflammation, it will narrow down the arteries and veins. There will be limited blood flow in this process.
- Celiac disease – People suffering from the celiac disease should eat gluten-free food. Gluten is a protein present in grain products such as wheat, rye and other products. If there is the presence of gluten in the intestine, it will attack the immune system and it will lead to inflammation. There are many people suffering from gluten sensitivity. However, similar kinds of symptoms are also found in people suffering from diabetes and abdominal pain.
The following are the common symptoms of the autoimmune disease:
You should visit the specialist based on the type of symptoms that you are suffering from. If you are suffering from Rheumatoid arthritis and Sjögren’s syndrome, you should consult Rheumatologist. If you are suffering from GI tract, such as celiac and Crohn’s disease, you should visit Gastroenterologist. If you are suffering from conditions of the glands, including Graves’ and Addison’s disease, you should consult an endocrinologist. If you are suffering from skin conditions such as psoriasis, you should consult Dermatologist.
Diagnosis of Autoimmune disease:
- Various kinds of tests are performed to figure out the disease. Combinations of tests are conducted and symptoms will be assessed to figure out the disease.
- If a person is suffering from autoimmune disease, antinuclear antibody test (ANA) is the first test conducted by the doctor.
- Based on the specific disease, the diagnosis differs from one patient to another patient.
- If a person is suffering from rheumatoid arthritis, it can be diagnosed after a physical examination. Blood test, X-ray, and other tests will be conducted as per the need. It is possible to figure out the type of arthritis and you can find the severity of the disease as well.
- Some diseases will take many years to diagnose. As symptoms of the autoimmune disease will be similar to other kinds of diseases, it is difficult to differentiate the same. There is a possibility of misdiagnosis for conditions like lupus and celiac disease as these symptoms are similar to other conditions.
- It is easy to diagnose Hashimoto’s disease and Grave’s disease as they can be diagnosed very easily. By conducting a thyroid test, the thyroid hormone levels can be traced. Other kinds of tests that are specific to the gland functionality will be conducted to figure out the issue.
Treatment of Autoimmune disease:
- The treatment is intended to control the overactive immune system. However, there will not be the cure to the autoimmune disease.
- The treatment will help in bringing down the inflammation.
- Various kinds of drugs are used to bring down the inflammation which includes nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen and naproxen. Immuno-suppression drugs are also administered to bring down the condition.
- There will be a great relief from symptoms by taking a well-balanced diet and through the regular exercise.
- Blood tests are conducted to figure out autoantibodies through which the diagnosis will be made easy.
- By ordering a complete blood count, the measurement of white blood cells and red blood cells will be done in a very efficient manner. You should understand the fact that there will be a change in the number of white blood cells and the number of red blood cells when your immune system is fighting the infection.
- If there is unusual inflammation in the body, other tests are recommended by doctors. In most of the patients, inflammation is the common symptom and it indicates the autoimmune disorder.
- If a person is suffering from Addison’s disease, Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) will be suggested.
- With a gluten-free diet, you can manage the Celiac disease.
- By undergoing the physical therapy as per the advice of the doctor, it is possible to overcome rheumatoid arthritis. In addition to physical therapy, the doctor will also prescribe anti-inflammatory medications.
Prevention of Autoimmune disease:
- Symptoms such as fatigue, swelling, redness and muscle aches are signs of autoimmune disease. In most of the cases, the symptoms will appear and disappear on their own.
- Autoimmune disease can affect anyone. However, there are certain factors which will increase the risk. You should be aware of the risk factors so that necessary precautions can be taken to overcome the same.
- If you have a family history of autoimmune diseases, you are most likely to be affected by the autoimmune disease.
- The risk in women is higher than among men. The immune system in women in strong and hormones will also play a greater role for risk in women.
- The autoimmune disease will affect young adults and people in middle age.
- The risk to native Americans to autoimmune disease is higher than the risk to people living in other parts such as Caucasians.
- If a genetically predisposed person suffers from a virus or bacteria, the risk of autoimmune disease is very high. Even though the exact reason for this occurrence is not found, previous infections will have a profound impact on the immune system.
- As soon as you find the symptoms of autoimmune disease, you should consult the physician. Even though the symptoms may not relate to the autoimmune disease, you should get medical attention at the earliest.
Complications of Autoimmune disease:
- Autoimmune disease is triggered by the changes in the immune system. There will be difficulty in the production of antibodies (the body’s natural defence mechanism) and it will lead to various kinds of complications.
- The people suffering from the autoimmune disease are susceptible to various kinds of diseases. Testing of specific antibodies should be done to figure out the disease.
- As the symptoms of the autoimmune disease will overlap with other kinds of diseases, the doctor should be able to distinguish the autoimmune disease symptoms from other diseases’ symptoms.
- Rheumatoid arthritis is a systemic disease and the inflammation can affect various organs and parts of the body. There will be dryness in eyes and mouth if there is arthritis-related inflammation. If there is dryness of eyes, it will lead to corneal abrasion.
- If there is inflammation of white parts of the eye, it is referred to as scleritis and it can affect the eye in a dangerous manner.
Myths of Autoimmune disease:
1. Autoimmune disease is common in men –
The Autoimmune disease is common in both men and women. However, women are more susceptible to autoimmune disease than men. Often, it will run in families.
2. It is easy to diagnose autoimmune disease –
There are more than 80 types of autoimmune diseases. Hence, it is very difficult to diagnose the disease. The symptoms will overlap and the doctor will prescribe a combination of tests to figure out the issue.
If a person is suffering from immune disorders, there will be a low activity or hyperactivity of the immune system. If there is excess activity, there will be damage to the useful tissue of the body. The immune deficiency will decrease the body’s natural ability to fight invaders and the person is vulnerable to various kinds of infections. There are several kinds of autoimmune diseases and different kinds of treatment options are exercised to overcome the condition. Medication is the main treatment to overcome the autoimmune disease. The overactive immune response will be brought down by the treatment. There will be a great relief from symptoms after initiating the treatment.
Fibroadenoma or a benign breast lump is the state of occurrence of a tumour or lump in the breast of women. Although, many of its patients suffer from a fear before its diagnosis by assuming it as a symptom of breast cancer. But take a note that it is different from a breast cancer.
In the Inflammatory Breast Cancer (IBC), the breast skin over the lumps turns red and inflamed. But a fibroadenoma usually does not cause any such kind of inflammation over the skin, unless rubbed or pressed hard multiple times while checking it. It is also painless in most of the cases.
In summary, those are harmless to the human body. However, it is recommended to get those diagnosed and treated by the doctor as and when those are observed. It is noted that around four of every five cases of a tumour in the breast is diagnosed as fibroadenoma and are non-cancerous. A fibroadenoma is a soft to hard tissue developed by the fibrocystic or other hormonal changes in the women body.
The normal size of observable lumps caused by fibroadenoma could be of 2 to 5 cm. They are shaped like a marble and are movable within the skin. Note that these tissues tend to shrink or even disappear during the menopause since the hormone levels are lowest in the female body during that phase. When trying to hold it with fingers, you would be able to feel it rubbery.
The lumps developed by fibroadenoma may grow during the days of pregnancy due to many hormonal changes. A fibroadenoma is normally developed in females of age between 15 to 30 years. However, women of any age may observe it developed in their breast.
The occurrence of fibroadenoma is not rare. Fibroadenoma could be of the following types:
- Simple Fibroadenoma: It refers to the development of tissues in the breast that have very slow or at times no growth, once developed. Such kind of fibroadenoma has no risk of developing breast cancer in the future.
- Complex Fibroadenoma: The lumps developed in this type of fibroadenoma are filled with some fluid along with deposition of calcium within its lumps. Once reported, those require monitoring on a regular basis for any behavioural changes. Those may have the risk of developing breast cancer at a later stage. If the growth is rapid, the doctor may recommend getting the biopsy test done with a part extracted from the tissue, for confirmation of cancer.
- Juvenile Fibroadenoma: In this type of fibroadenoma, the lumps are developed in the breast of girls aged between 10 to 18 years of age. The lumps developed by juvenile fibroadenoma may grow large. However, most of those shrink or disappear over the time, as and when the associated hormones are completely developed.
- Giant Fibroadenomas: The normal size of the lumps caused by fibroadenoma is up to 5 cm. Those developed due to giant fibroadenoma may grow even more than 5 cm. Although, they do not cause any harm to the body. But at times, those may suppress the breast tissues. Also, their existence due to a larger size may make the sufferer feel a bit uncomfortable psychologically. In such cases, the patient may get those removed from their breasts.
Symptoms of Fibroadenoma:
Following are the symptoms of fibroadenoma:
- One or more solid lumps in the breast
- The lumps could be of round shape and smooth border
- Those are moved easily when pressing softly with a finger
- These lumps are of rubbery nature
- Those do not cause any pain in the breasts or any other part of the body
- The lumps caused by fibroadenomas may be either in any one or both of the breasts
- There is no irritation or itching on the skin over the lumps unless you rub those
- Unlike IBC, the skin over the fibroadenomas lumps does not get red
Causes of Fibroadenoma:
The actual cause of fibroadenoma is not known yet. However, it is assumed that those can occur due to the development of the reproductive hormones. Fibroadenoma may also be developed due to any changes in such hormones. This is the reason why the lumps caused by this disease grow in size in the pregnancy period or may shrink after menopause in females.
It is assumed that if the diet taken during the development of hormones does not contain essential nutrients, it may cause abnormality in the hormones being developed, which could be a cause of fibroadenoma.
Prevention of Fibroadenoma:
Since fibroadenoma lumps are developed due to the hormonal changes, your body must get sufficient diet during the phases of major hormone development. The various precautionary measures that you may take to avoid fibroadenoma are discussed below:
- Try to reduce or eliminate meat from your diet. It is best to switch to a vegetarian diet. A plant-based diet is considered as best during the period of major hormonal changes in the females. If elimination of meat from the diet is not possible, switch to the organic meat, which is free from chemicals and external hormones.
- Avoid the intake of refined sugars.
- Include lots of vegetables in your diet. Drink juices or smoothies of organic vegetables on a daily basis.
- Include wheatgrass in your diet, as it tends to not only prevent fibroadenomas but also reduces those post their development. Eat the vegetables more, which are significant in the well-functioning of the breast tissues such as spinach, kale, dandelion leaves, parsley, celery, cucumber, and more.
- Try to keep your body alkalized by consuming fresh and organic food items.
- Adopt some detox program on often basis for the elimination of toxins and chemicals from your body.
- Avoid junk or deep-fried foods. Also avoid processed food items, as those may contain tumour-promoting carcinogens.
- Avoid taking birth control pills, as those are highly associated with the risk of developing fibroadenomas.
- Try to reduce caffeine from your daily diet.
How is it diagnosed?
In case you observe one or more lumps in your breasts, you must visit the doctor and explain your medical history and symptoms. The doctor may recommend the mammogram test, in which the impacted breast is placed stationary and an X-ray capturing is done.
The X-ray report of a mammogram would confirm the presence of some lump along with its shape and size. If the age of the patient is below 40 years, the doctor may also recommend an ultrasound test of the breast rather than or along with mammography to know about the lump’s consistency.
Actually, the breast of women with age below 40 years has harder tissues. The X-ray done in mammography may not capture clear pictures of the fibroadenoma lumps because of their interference with harder breast cells in the image.
The doctor may also recommend a cytology test to confirm if the lump is a cyst. In this test, a needle is inserted into the lump and a little part of it is extracted out with the help of vacuum. In case the extracted material is just fluid, it confirms that the lump is a cyst.
In case the physician suspects that the lump is caused by cancer, a core needle biopsy is recommended. In this test, a bit thicker needle is inserted in the lump and some part of the tissue is extracted and sent to the laboratory for biopsy. The report of biopsy confirms if the lump has cancerous cells.
Treatment of Fibroadenoma:
When the doctor confirms by analysing the diagnostic reports that the reported lumps are due to fibroadenoma, the patient is generally not recommended any treatment. In normal cases, it is avoided to extract the lump by surgery, as it may distort the shape of the breast.
Additionally, it may result in the reformation of the lump at a later stage. But, if it is a giant fibroadenoma with multiple lumps, those could be removed from the patient’s breast. There is one more way called as cryo-ablation to destroy the lumps. In this method, a thin tube is inserted into the lump, and some gas is passed from the tube to the tissue.
The gas freezes the tissue and makes it inactive for a long time or even for the lifetime. However, this methodology may be used for treating lumps of smaller size. The best way to minimize the size of the lumps or to make them disappear is to adopt a healthy diet and lifestyle. It is also recommended to keep noticing the size of lumps and visit the doctor on a timely basis. The complex fibroadenoma may have the risk of developing breast cancer at a later stage.
Complications of Fibroadenoma:
Usually, fibroadenomas do not cause any problem in the human body. However, their existence may cause psychological stress in the mind of its patient. In any case, it is must for you to visit a doctor and get all the medical investigations done to know about the nature of fibroadenoma. You must be very cautious in case the lumps are because of complex fibroadenoma, as those may cause cancer, if not taken care on time.
Myths of Fibroadenoma:
Myth #1: Fibroadenoma may only occur in the breast of females
Fibroadenoma is mainly associated with the fibro-glandular tissue, which is found in the breasts of females and is not available in the normal male individuals. In some extremely rare cases, fibroadenoma is also reported in males. Those cases involve male-to-female transsexuals and the cases where estrogen therapy is provided in aged individuals suffering from prostate carcinoma.
Myth #2: A lump in the breast is always the breast cancer
Fibroadenoma causes the development of lumps in the breast that are harmless. The lumps related to cancer may be painful and may show the signs of rashes or bruises on the skin surface of the lump.
Myth #3: When the result of the mammography test is clear, when you have a breast lump, you need not even visit the doctor again.
At times it happens then the mammography test does not confirm the occurrence of fibroadenoma. This is because the X-ray performed in mammography, at times in case of some young women, may not detect the existence of the fibroadenoma lumps. In that case, you will need to revisit your doctor, who may further recommend you several tests in order to understand the exact nature of the lumps and avoid any probable complications in future.
Myth #4: The lumps caused by the breast cancer are always painful and any painless lump would be a harmless fibroadenoma.
This is not necessary. The lumps developed by breast cancer are not always painful. At times, the patient could not distinguish between fibroadenoma and breast cancer just by visibly observing the symptoms.
Myth #5: Fibroadenoma may only be developed in the females of younger age.
Fibroadenoma may cause lumps in the breasts of the females of any age group.
Myth #6: Smaller lumps in the breast are caused by breast cancer, whereas bigger lumps are developed because of fibroadenoma.
A lump caused by fibroadenoma will also be developed initially with a smaller size and may grow up to a larger size.
Myth #7: A painless lump in your breast could only be because of fibroadenoma if you have no history of breast cancer in your family.
Note that a breast cancer is not a hereditary problem and could occur to any female. You must be very cautious with the sign of any lump in your breast.
Fibroadenoma is a mild condition in which you may observe single to multiple lumps in one or both of your breasts. It may be primarily caused by hormonal changes in the female. In any of its symptoms, you must visit a physician and get all the prescribed investigations done. If confirmed, you may not be prescribed any medication course to get it treated. In some extreme cases, you may consult with your doctor and get it extracted from your breasts.
Amenorrhea is a condition in which a female is unable to get her menstrual cycle, even when she should be getting them as per her age and other factors.
If a female has attained puberty, is not pregnant and has not reached the menopause stage, then it is expected that she will get her menstrual cycle on time. Women who are breastfeeding also face the issue of missing their periods, which is common. Amenorrhea is different than having irregular periods because, in case of irregular periods, they do not come on time or come when they are not expected or maybe they would last for an unusual number of days. Whereas in amenorrhea, the female body does not get the periods at all. This is not considered a disease, but there are chances that it could be an abnormal condition which should be reported to the doctor for further diagnosis. The doctor can advise whether the condition is fine for that woman or if it should be treated.
There are essentially two kinds of amenorrhea: Primary and secondary. Primary amenorrhea occurs in young females when they do not get their periods even by the age of 16. Secondary amenorrhea is when a woman who used to have regular or normal periods, stop getting them for three or more than three months in a row. For some, this number could be six instead of three. The existence of primary amenorrhea is not as common as secondary amenorrhea.
The most apparent symptom of this condition is the absence of periods for a few months. After that, it depends on the reason why a woman is facing this issue. Based on the causes, there could be a presence of other symptoms as well, some of which are given below:
3.Changes in the eyesight/vision.
4.More hairs on the face than usual.
5.Milky discharge from the nipples.
6.Pain in the pelvic area
Causes of Amenorrhea:
The causes of primary amenorrhea are different from that of secondary amenorrhea. It is more difficult to diagnose the cause of primary amenorrhea, but some of the reasons could be as follows:
2. Some issue in the nervous system which comprises of the spinal cord and brain.
3. Problems with the pituitary gland which is responsible for generating that hormone which plays a role in the menstruation.
4. Problem with the reproductive organs.
In the case of secondary amenorrhea, the list of causes is huge. Apart from normal causes like pregnancy, breastfeeding or menopause, there are many causes which might or might not be considered as normal. For example, a side-effect of some medicine might cause this problem. Below is the list of causes and how they affect the menstruation cycle:
1. Use of contraceptives, in general, can sometimes negatively affect the menstruation of the female body. Taking birth control pills might as well stop the menstrual flow. If the contraceptives are used orally, injected or even implanted, the effect can appear. This also applies to intrauterine devices. It is also noted that when a female stops taking these contraceptives, then also it may take time for their menstrual periods to come back again.
2. There are certain classes of medications which causes amenorrhea. These could be anti-depressants, blood pressure related drugs, any medicines taken to cure allergies, chemotherapy to treat cancer and antipsychotics.
3. Many times lifestyle habits make a difference and can cause amenorrhea. Following factors related to the lifestyle of the woman can cause the problem:
a) Very low body weight- When the body weight is too low, the hormonal system might not function properly. Especially those women who have eating disorders like bulimia or anorexia are prone to an imbalance in their hormonal system.
b) Some women who are involved in excessive physical training or workout face this problem. For example, athletes who do physical exercises every day for a few hours can face this issue. This is because in such cases, stress levels can rise, and the body consumption of energy is also very high. The body weight could also be lower than required.
c) Mental stress: Having mental stress can have a big impact on that part of the brain which is responsible for managing those hormones which control the menstrual cycle. That part of the brain is known as the hypothalamus. Stress can cause amenorrhea or irregular periods as well. When women come out of stress, their periods generally get normal again.
4. In general, hormonal imbalance is one of the biggest factors behind amenorrhea. There are lots of reasons why this imbalance happens:
a) Most popular reasons for hormonal imbalance in today’s time is PCOS (Polycystic ovary syndrome). This causes the levels of hormones to be higher and maintained. This is not the case for normal menstruation. In normal menstruation cycle, the levels of hormones do fluctuate and vary.
b) When the thyroid gland does not function properly, it can lead to a hormonal imbalance. When the gland is overactive, that condition is known as hyperthyroidism and when those glands are underactive, it is called as hypothyroidism. Both these conditions can not only cause irregular periods but can also cause amenorrhea.
c) There could be a presence of a non-cancerous tumour in the pituitary gland which can disturb the hormonal balance.
d) Premature menopause: The normal age of menopause is around 50. But some women can reach the menopause stage after 40. The eggs might not produce after that age, which causes amenorrhea.
5. Issues with reproductive and sexual organs can also cause irregular period and even amenorrhea. There are varied types of problems that can happen in the reproductive organs. Some of them are:
a) Abnormality of the vagina: There could be some issue with the structure of the vagina, like the presence of an obstruction which can prevent the blood flow from the uterus and cervix towards the outside.
b) Asherman’s syndrome: In this syndrome, the lining of the uterus builds up a scar tissue. This can happen after dilation and curettage (D&C), a treatment of uterine fibroids or event after caesarean section. This tissue build-up can prevent the normal levels of build-up and shedding.
c) The absence of reproductive organs: This problem is usually by birth where the foetus does not develop part of the reproductive system completely. For example, it could be the absence of the cervix or uterus. These kinds of cases will cause primary amenorrhea because it is scientifically impossible for them to have periods if a vital reproductive organ is missing.
The diagnosis of amenorrhea is straight-forward. If a female, who used to have periods before are not having periods for more than 3 months in a row, then they should visit the doctor. For girls who have reached the age of 15 and still did not get their first period, this could be a sign that something might be abnormal and visit a doctor is advised. The doctor would check the weight and ask questions about the female like their medical history and other things like:
1. The starting age of the menstruation.
2. If the female is sexually active- which can lead to pregnancy.
3. If there have been any weight fluctuations or a recent change in lifestyle.
4. What kind of physical regime do they follow or if there has been a change in it recently?
5. Questions about the menstrual cycle like a number of days of the cycle, about the amount of flow (whether it is heavy or light) and for how long they last.
Based on that, he may prescribe some tests which can help in finding the cause of missing periods. With the help of the results, the doctor can make out whether it is amenorrhea or something else.
There are various kinds of tests to check for this problem, but it depends on the cause that the doctor has suspected. For example, Ultra-sound of lower abdomen checks the ovaries and their condition. There are also thyroid tests and hormones tests which help in finding out the true picture of the condition of the hormonal system.
Preventing amenorrhea is not completely in the hands of the female. There could be some reasons which cannot be helped, but if they maintain a healthy lifestyle, then chances of getting amenorrhea are reduced.
1. Maintaining body weight, taking a healthy diet and not stressing out are some things they can do.
2. It is also important to keep a check of the cycle and report to the doctor on time without waiting for more months.
3. Smoking and alcohol consumption should be checked because it can have a very negative impact on the reproductive system of the female body.
4. If the female is taking some medications which are related to the hormones, like birth control pills or drugs to maintain hormonal levels, then those medications should strictly be taken as prescribed by the doctor. Some of the drugs are to be started from the certain day of the month and these kinds of medications should not be skipped unless specified by the doctor.
5. Stress is a very harmful condition, not just for the reproductive system, but also for the digestive system. Stress should be avoided and things like meditation, yoga or simple morning or evening walk among nature can help in relaxing and relieving stress. If the conditions are worse, then a counselling session can be very helpful. Those sessions are good as a guide on how to handle difficult situations. Everyone has their own way to feel relaxed and those should not be avoided because of the daily routine.
Treatment of Amenorrhea :
The treatment of this problem is dependent on the cause. Doctors treat the exact cause of this issue. For example, if there is something wrong with the lifestyle of the female, then the doctors will advise changing it and then see the effect on the body. If the female is going through rigorous exercises, then a change of diet plan might be required so that the body can cope up with that level of physical workout. When women have mental stress, the doctors advise them to go for psychological therapy.
Some women lose a lot of weight in a short amount of time by following rigorous physical regime or change in diet plans. These things should not be done without any professional advice. Consultation with a doctor or a dietician or a certified trainer is highly suggested.
If there is something wrong with the thyroid glands, then doctors prescribe medicines for it.
Many women who have PCOS suffer from irregular periods or amenorrhea. In such cases, losing weight is the most important thing. These days, because of the sedentary lifestyle, this issue has become very common and for its treatment, it is required to get involved in exercises and reduce the fat around the waist and hip area of the body.
Some women also might have to go for hormone replacement therapy, if advised by the doctor.
In case the female body has incomplete or abnormal reproductive organs, then a surgery might help but even the surgery cannot guarantee that they can have normal menstrual periods.
In case the female is near about 40-50 age and even after all the treatments the periods don’t come back, then it might mean that they have reached menopause.
Complications of Amenorrhea :
Women who face the issue of amenorrhea, also face the following complications:
1. Infertility: When there are no menstrual periods, it becomes impossible to get pregnant.
2. Osteoporosis: In case the female body has attained menopause, the chances of getting osteoporosis increases. The chances of this also increase when the estrogen levels are low. In osteoporosis, the bones get weak. Taking calcium supplements might help in this case.
Myths about Amenorrhea:
Myth #1: When women talk about amenorrhea, they think that only those women who are overweight are prone to this problem. This is not completely true. Over-weight women are prone, but so are underweight women as well as those who have a hormonal imbalance due to any other reason. Also, it is believed that once a female recovers from amenorrhea, they will not be able to get pregnant which is false as well. If the periods are normal after recovery, chances of being pregnant are normal as well.
Myth #2 : Most women face issues with their periods at least once in their lifetime. However, if the issues that you face are serious, such as missing periods for 3 or more months then you must consult your gynaecologist and get a diagnosis done for Amenorrhea.
Gluten is a common thing found in many foods and some people are allergic to this food. When the immune system of the body overreacts to the gluten in food items, it leads to a condition called Celiac disease. Most often, the immune system overreacts to foods like wheat and barley. This can affect the ability of the small intestine to absorb vitamins and minerals and lead to various health complications. While the symptoms are obvious in most cases, it can also be hidden in some people. There is no treatment available for this condition and staying away from gluten food forever is the most suitable remedy.
Types of Celiac Disease
- Classic Celiac Disease: The most common symptoms of this condition are diarrhoea, lack of absorption, steatorrhea, bloating of the abdominal area and loss of weight. It generally affects adults and even children can also get affected in some cases. In children, the bones tend to get weaker and they do not have much energy due to this reason. Also, the appetite will get affected leading to weight loss.
- Atypical Celiac Disease: In this condition, people do not experience the regular symptoms and they usually experience mild discomfort with digestion and lack of energy. This is due to iron deficiency and also leads to a chronic fatigue condition. Some people also experience tingling of the feet and hands or numbness in the region. In severe cases, it can also lead to infertility and depression.
- Asymptomatic Celiac Disease: This is also called silent celiac disease as there are no regular symptoms of the disease. On the other hand, they experience other issues like joint pain and loss of bone density. In some cases, there can be excess fluids in the tissues leading to Edema.
Symptoms of Celiac Disease
The symptoms vary slightly for children and adult patients.
General symptoms for children
- Diarrhoea: If you notice this condition frequently, it is time to approach your doctor as it can be the clear symptom of celiac disease. It happens due to the lack of digestion ability in the body.
- Constipation: While some children tend to develop diarrhoea, some others have constipation problems due to the same condition. The food does not get processed properly in the intestine and it leads to constipation in the long run.
- Bloating of the stomach region: This is a common condition and many children have such symptoms. They tend to get full even after eating a small meal and this reduces the food intake by a huge margin in some cases. All these conditions can later lead to weight loss.
- Loss of weight: This is a clear sign of Celiac disease and you should immediately approach your doctor. After careful examination, they will determine the cause and provide proper suggestions to handle the situation. When children are suffering from this condition, the body does not digest food properly and it reduces the intake of food due to bloating of the stomach. In the long run, this leads to weight loss and general anaemia.
General symptoms for adults
- Pain in the abdominal region: This is usually the result of gas formation in the body and bloating of the stomach. It can cause a lot of pain regularly and you should never neglect this symptom.
- Anaemia: When you are suffering from Celiac disease, the ability of the body to absorb minerals and vitamins reduces drastically and this leads to general anaemia. The blood cells will not be able to carry enough oxygen due to lack of iron. The blood flow to the vital organs gets reduced leading to restlessness and general weakness.
- Rashes: This symptom is usually a result of general weakness and having celiac disease adds to this problem.
- Migraine: When the blood is not able to carry enough oxygen to the brain, it leads to migraine and you should take iron supplements to counter the situation.
- Mouth Ulcers and heartburn: Many people face such problems due to the lack of essential vitamins and minerals in the body. The small intestine loses its ability to completely absorb nutrients and this leads to such problems.
- Loss of weight: As the stomach gets bloated even after eating small quantities of food due to the formation of gas in the body, it gives a fuller feeling and people generally tend to eat less in this situation. Along with that, the lack of nutrients can lead to weight loss for many people.
Causes of Celiac Disease
- The exact cause for Celiac Disease is not known and it is usually due to a combination of different factors.
- When you eat gluten foods, your body does not take it easily and it tends to react by giving some symptoms.
- Even general infections of the gastrointestinal tract can lead to this condition.
- Due to the overreaction of the body to gluten, the small intestine gets damaged and loses its ability to absorb minerals and vitamins from the food. The villi in the small intestine usually get affected after eating gluten food and this weakens the small intestine.
- You will be surprised to know that Celiac disease is very common and it affects about 1 person in every hundred in most western countries.
- It is more common among people suffering from type 1 diabetes and who have autoimmune thyroid disease.
Diagnosis of Celiac Disease
- Begin with a gluten diet for detection: Many people have a general understanding about the Celiac disease and generally stay away from gluten foods to avoid such problems. If you are on a gluten-free diet, you need to get off the routine for some time during the diagnosis phase. Your doctor will introduce slight amounts of gluten to your diet to monitor the reaction of the body and this will be the first method used by them to test for Celiac disease. However, this should be clearly avoided during pregnancy as it can lead to other complications.
- Blood Test: the most common method used is the Serology test that detects the antibodies in the blood. When there is a drastic increase in the level, it indicates some adverse reaction to gluten food.
- HLA Genetic Test: This is usually done after the blood test and it tests for human leukocyte antigens in the body.
- Endoscopy: Finally, few people may be advised to undergo endoscopy to determine the overall condition of the intestine. The biopsy is conducted carefully to assess the villi damage and this determines the stage of the disease.
Prevention of Celiac Disease
Unfortunately, there is no way in which you can prevent this disease. However, when you have this disease, you can take care of and prevent the symptoms by indulging in a gluten-free diet. It is a good idea to eat more fruits and vegetables along with seafood and meat. It is also important to note that Rice is gluten-free and you can freely include it in your everyday diet.
Treatment for Celiac Disease
- Eating a gluten-free diet: This is probably the only thing you can do when it comes to treating Celiac disease. Remember that there is no foolproof treatment available for this condition and you should take care of your eating habits throughout your life. This needs lifelong care about your diet and always make sure that you read the labels for gluten content. It is very easy to manage a good nutritional gluten-free diet after consulting your doctor. They may even refer you to a dietician and you can follow the guidelines given by them and get some relief for your health problems.
- Nutritional supplements: It is important to get a regular dose of vitamins and minerals so that your body can function to the optimum level. Make sure that you include calcium and iron supplements along with Vitamins K, D and B12 as they enhance the overall functioning of your body and you can cope up with the symptoms in a better way. Your doctor will be the best person to prescribe the suitable vitamin supplement needed for your body after careful examination.
- The decrease in bone density: This happens due to lack of calcium in the body. With celiac disease limiting the efficiency of the intestine, it will not be able to absorb enough calcium through food source and the bones become weaker in the long run. This leads to osteoporosis in some cases due to a decrease in bone density.
- Lactose intolerance: In normal condition, the lactose is digested by the small intestine. When you are suffering from Celiac Disease, the intestine will not be able to digest the lactose and you become intolerant to lactose. This means that drinking milk and other substances containing lactose can affect your health condition.
- Malnutrition: As the ability of the small intestine to absorb vitamins and minerals from the food decreases, people tend to become nutrient deficient and this leads to malnutrition. In general, you will notice lack of calcium, iron, zinc and other essential vitamins in people suffering from this condition. This condition affects both children as well as adults.
- Infertility: This condition affects women more than men and they find it difficult to get pregnant. Even when they manage to get pregnant, the chances of miscarriage increases a lot with such condition. Not having enough nutrition can also increase the chances of getting a miscarriage when you are suffering from celiac disease.
- Cancer: In some cases, having celiac disease can lead to Lymphoma where the immunity is damaged very badly and cancer cells begin to thrive in the body. However, not every person suffering from Celiac disease will develop cancer and it happens only in a few cases.
Myths about Celiac Disease
Myth #1: Rice contains gluten:
This is completely false and you can include rice in your regular diet. This is a good alternative to other foods like wheat and barley and it is very safe for people suffering from Celiac Disease. Always read the food labels to know if it contains any gluten and you can easily avoid such foods in this manner.
Myth #2: Low amounts of gluten are alright:
If you are suffering from Celiac Disease, you should be very strict with your food habits and always avoid gluten at any cost. Remember that even low amounts of gluten in the food can affect your health. In some cases, even when you eat food that is contaminated with other gluten foods, the symptoms can trigger immediately and spoil your health.
Myth #3: Celiac problem is generic food allergy:
This is not a food allergy and it is an autoimmune disease. If proper care is not taken about this condition, it can severely affect the health condition in the long run. Medical examination and guidance are necessary to handle the problem. The working of the small intestine can get affected due to this condition and this leads to malnutrition and overall weakness in the long run.
Myth #4: Celiac disease is a genetic problem:
This is not true and people with a family history of celiac disease need not always get this autoimmune disease. However, the chances of getting this disease increases when it is combined with other factors.
When you are diagnosed with Celiac disease, there is no need to panic as it can be managed effectively when you have a strict gluten-free diet. Always take the help of your dietician to manage your everyday diet and this will help you to avoid gluten foods. When you stay away from gluten foods for a few months, you can notice a significant improvement in the overall health condition. In some cases, when the damage to the intestine is too much, doctors can even suggest some medications to control the damage. With proper care, it becomes easy to manage the condition. However, you must remember that the fight must continue for the rest of your life and you should get adjusted to a gluten-free diet so that your immune system does not get agitated in any manner in future.