Weight Management Counseling
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Treating Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Preventing Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Asthma Treatment & Management
Treatment Of Restenosis
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Methi or Fenugreek is a herb with green leaves that comes from the Pea family. The seed of fenugreek is bitter in taste and are used in preparing a number of medicines. The leaves of fenugreek, however, are quite tasty when cooked. 1 tablespoon of fenugreek leaf contains calorie, fat, fibre, protein, carbohydrate, iron, magnesium, vitamin B6 and phosphorous. It goes without saying that they are extremely beneficial for the overall health of an individual.
Here is a list of few benefits that methi leaf can extend to the body if consumed regularly:
- Address heart diseases: Fenugreek contains a compound known as galactomannan that plays a key role in addressing many heart diseases and helps the cardiac muscle to remain intact. The sodium and potassium content of fenugreek helps to maintain the heart rate and keeps blood pressure at an optimum level.
- Reduce inflammation: Fenugreek is known to address inflammation such as chronic coughs, boils, mouth ulcers, tuberculosis, mouth cancer, bronchitis and kidney ailments. Fenugreek slows down the absorption of sugar and stimulates insulin. They can be consumed daily in the form of a paste or along with food to address various inflammation of the body.
- Lose weight: Fenugreek helps to lose weight. The natural fibre content of methi, when consumed in the morning on an empty stomach, can help to curb hunger. Fenugreek swells in the stomach and gives a fulfilling feeling. They can become a major aid in any weight loss program.
- Address acid reflux: Fenugreek is an extremely good remedy for addressing heartburn and acid reflux. Fenugreek contains mucilage that coats the intestinal and stomach lining and thus soothes the gastrointestinal tissue. The methi seeds should be soaked in water before consuming.
- Helps in fixing a sore throat: 1 spoon of methi paste when mixed with honey and lemon reduce fever and give relief from a cough and cold. It is also capable of fixing a sore throat. It nourishes the body and helps to recover from cold in very short time.
- Menstrual discomfort: Compounds such as isoflavones and diosgenin possess estrogen-like quality. They can readily address discomfort associated with PMs and menstrual cramps. Methi is also found to help with mood fluctuation and hot flashes. Due to their iron-rich properties, fenugreek proves to be extremely helpful for women suffering from menstrual pain.
- Hair problems: Fenugreek is known to have a very soothing effect on the scalp that in turn makes the hair black and shiny. When fenugreek seeds are soaked overnight, boiled and mixed with coconut oil to form a paste, they can do wonders for the hair. They are also known to be ceasing hair fall and hair thinning.
It is said that blocked fallopian tubes are the most common cause of female infertility in about 40% women who are infertile. Fallopian tubes are channels through which the egg travels to reach the uterus and blockage of these tubes can put a stop to this from taking place. Depending on the different parts of the tubes, this form of blockage is of several types.
What are the different types of fallopian tube blockages?
1. Proximal tubal occlusion
This form of fallopian tube blockage involves the isthmus (an area of about 2 cm long, this part of the fallopian tube connects the infundibulum and ampulla to the uterus). This problem occurs after an illness like complications associated with abortion, cesarean section, PID (pelvic inflammatory disease).
2. Mid-segment tubal obstruction
It occurs in the ampullary section of the fallopian tube and is most frequently a result of tubal ligation damage. The procedure of tubal ligation is performed to put a stop to pregnancy permanently.
3. Distal tubal occlusion
This is a kind of blockage wherein the section of the fallopian tube that is close to the ovary is affected and is commonly associated with a condition known as hydrosalpinx (a condition in which the fallopian tube is filled with fluid). The latter is often brought on by Chlamydia infection, leading to fallopian tube and pelvic adhesions.
The conditions that may give rise to this problem can include:
1. Genital tuberculosis (the TB infection that occurs in the genital tract)
2. Ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy in which the embryo places itself outside the uterus)
3. Tubal ligation removal
4. Complications related to surgery of the lower abdomen
5. Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
6. Uterine fibroids (benign growths that occur in the uterus)
7. Endometriosis (development of uterine tissue outside of the organ)
These disorders can lead to the development of scar tissue, adhesions, polyps or tumors to form inside the pathway. Additionally, the tubes can also get stuck to other body parts such as the ovaries, bladder, uterus and bowels. Two things can happen to the fallopian tubes, either they can become twisted or the tubes walls may stick together, leading to a complete blockage. Moreover, even if the fallopian tubes are partially damaged, they can remain open so as to enable pregnancy to occur, while increasing your risk for ectopic pregnancy.
I'm 27 years old and married for 7 months. Regular periods of 28 days. My weight is 60.8 kg height is 162 cm. I have little belly around naval. I can't reduce my weight. Will my weight affect from getting pregnant? Shall I consult a doctor now?
Dengue is caused from the bite of the ‘Aedes Aegypti’ mosquito. This mosquito has been known to breed and survive in tropical and subtropical regions. A waterborne disease, it causes extreme discomfort and pain, even death is a possibility. Statistics suggest that each year, the number of people afflicted with dengue is around 390 million. Out of this huge number, 96 million tend to develop severe illnesses wherein hospitalization becomes mandatory.
It is primarily caused due to the bite of the ‘Aedes aegypti’ mosquito.
A mosquito becomes infected with dengue if it bites an already infected person. The disease can be transmitted to any healthy person that this infected mosquito bites next.
Living near a stagnant water body or an open drain makes you the most vulnerable to this disease. Letting water accumulate in open containers or spaces over a period of time makes it the perfect breeding ground for all types of mosquitoes.
On being infected, the symptoms generally last for around 10 days. Some of the common symptoms are:
Excruciating pain behind the eyes
Sudden high fever with chills
Skin rash which generally appears two to five days after you get infected
Nose bleeding, easy bruising and bleeding gums
Severe muscle and joint pain
It should be noted that these symptoms can be easily mistaken for high fever or any other viral infection. Therefore, getting tested as soon as these symptoms start appearing is very important.
If the dengue is left untreated or not treated on time, it can result in dengue haemorrhagic fever. This condition causes nose bleeding (due to damage to the blood vessels), high fever and failure of the circulatory system as well as the enlargement of liver.
Ways to prevent dengue include
Avoid storing water in containers
Wear clothes that cover your whole body, if possible
Maintain hygiene and clean your immediate surrounding frequently
Use mosquito repellent
Use a mosquito net around your bed
In worst case scenarios, death is a possibility as a result of dengue haemorrhagic fever or dengue shock. Many countries consider dengue to be an epidemic. You need to be on complete bed rest while drinking adequate amounts of fluids if you need to recuperate from dengue.
There is no specific antiviral medication that is available for the treatment of dengue. In general, Acetaminophen (paracetamol) is usually recommended for treating fever and pain associated with dengue. Medications such as Aspirin, other salicylates and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) must be avoided. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Diabetes is a serious disorder which happens when your body has an unreasonably high level of blood sugar, which further leads to harmful effects. Diabetes has a wide variety of complications associated with it, and they start to build up slowly and gradually. Some of the common complications are:
- Retinopathy - In simple words, diabetes leads to eye damage by making the eye exposed and prone to severe eye disorders like cataracts and glaucoma. If you have retinopathy, then you may also have face the consequence loss of vision or permanent blindness.
- Skin conditions - During diabetes, your skin health is bound to degrade to a large extent. Your skin will become thin in texture and more prone to cuts and breakages due to internal skin cell damage. Thus, the skin gets more exposed to the bacterial and viral infections and its healing process also slows down as the cell division takes longer than usual.
- Nephropathy - Nephropathy refers to kidney damage which is caused due to diabetes. The kidneys act as a filter system to the body and they filter out waste materials from the blood. Diabetes causes damage to the blood vessels of the kidneys which may further result in serious kidney disorders and may increase the risks of a sudden kidney failure.
- Cardiovascular diseases - This means that if you are having excessive diabetes, then you are at a risk of having a major heart attack or a heart stroke. Additionally, increased blood sugar levels also lead to other heart-related diseases like chest pain, narrowing of arteries etc.
- Neuropathy - It is a complication related to the nervous system of your body. The complication generally occurs in the legs as there is a numbness, burning or tingling sensation in the legs. This happens due to the extra sugar in the body, which damages the walls of the blood vessels. In the worst case scenario, you can lose sensation in the legs.
However, it is always desirable that you go and visit a doctor if the conditions persist for a longer time. Additionally, you can also depend upon some domestic care measures to bring your blood sugar levels under control.
Hello, I am getting married and my husband is Diabetic (Type 1). From last 6-7 months he is on Insulins, but his sugar levels are normal like 140 150. As his Dad is Diabetic its hereditary. What precautions should be taken in future after marriage.
Hi. Im drinking lemon water every day in the empty stomach for 2 years. Will it give any side effects because it is a citrus fruit?
When my sister squeeze her nipple she get white fluid but when only while squeezing she gets. She got married 1 year before but she is not pregnant. Whats that discharge.
My mom is suffering from pain in the chest area. If she takes rest it's fine but if she moves or does any work the pain is coming. She is having thyroid even. How can you help my mom out of it? Is it anything serious about?
I am 45 year old diabetic male. My diabetes levels are 130 fasting and 134 pp. Hba1c is 6.5. BP is normal. I am taking gemer2 before breakfast and dinner. Janumet 50 500 after breakfast and dinner. I have lost fat all over body specially around shoulder and biceps. Pl suggest diet and exercise to gain muscle mass. I take non veg food, do not smoke, drink.
My wife 20 years old .she taking valparin 300 mg. Daily once at night it will be going to create any side effect? If yes what are the side effects and how to control the tablets.
My 8 years old son is diagnosed with diabetes type 1 in June 2016. No family history of diabetes is there. Don't know how it happened. I want to know how it can be treated so that he don't need any more insulin shots and tests. He is taking 4 insulin shots a day.
Sir is there any problem if I do marriage in relations I.e. My father's sisters daughter can you suggest me please.
Fruits are a superfood category of their own. They are the powerhouse of minerals, vitamins and antioxidants and an excellent contribution to your diet. Here are ten fruits you should be eating daily:
- Apples: There is a reason why an apple a day keeps the doctor away. Apples are filled with antioxidants, soluble and insoluble fibre and quercetin. Antioxidants boost your immunity and the fibre provides you with energy and maintains a healthy bowel, while quercetin has anti-allergy and antihistamine (compounds which curb the effects of histamine, primarily used to treat allergies) properties.
- Grapes: Grapes contain an antioxidant named resveratrol, which prevents heart diseases and premature aging of your cells. In addition, they are also great sources of folate and vitamin B6, C and A which contribute to a healthier immune system.
- Bananas: Bananas have low sodium and high potassium levels. Thus, they are extremely beneficial in maintaining blood pressure and preventing strokes. Bananas also contain protease inhibitors, which prevent stomach ulcers (protease is a digestive enzyme that produces acid).
- Strawberries: Strawberries might be small, but they do pack a lot of nutrients! A handful of strawberries daily can prevent diabetes type 2, inflammations and heart disease. They are also rich in antioxidants and vitamin C.
- Papaya: Papayas contain a substance called ‘papain’ which is an incredible digestive stimulant. They also contain large amounts of folate, which helps in proper DNA repair and synthesis.
- Oranges: Oranges provide you with vitamin C and potassium, which are essential for enhanced muscle and digestive functions. The membrane between orange segments contains hesperidin, which has been proven to reduce cholesterol.
- Kiwi: Kiwi contains more vitamin C than oranges which grants them the ability to prevent DNA damage and also helps reduce risks of developing cataracts.
- Blueberries: Blueberries are a great source of antioxidants which aid in fighting cancer and macular degeneration (an eye disease which results in vision loss). They also contain compounds that protect you from urinary tract infections.
- Lemon: Lemons contain citric acid, which effectively lowers cholesterol and cuts down on body fat. Citric acid is also an excellent digestive stimulant. Also, the refreshing scent of lemons reduces anxiety, nervousness and fatigue.
- Grapefruit: Grapefruit is an excellent appetite suppressant, which cuts down on your cravings. It also contains a soluble fibre named ‘pectin’, which lessens the development of atherosclerosis (build-up of cholesterol and fats on the walls of the artery). However, refrain from consuming grapefruit if you are on prescription medications.
What is a Nasal Polyp?
If you have chronic obstruction of the nose, nasal voice, frequent sneezing, you could be having nasal polyps. It is worthwhile to understand that a nasal polyp is non-cancerous. It is a teardrop-shaped growth in the nasal cavity. At times, it forms in the sinuses or at the opening of the sinus into the nasal cavities. The polyp almost looks like a grape that has been peeled.
Allergies can cause a person a whole lot of trouble, to say the very least. Also, among the many things allergies can trigger such as hives and swellings which are coupled with irritation, nasal polyps are one of the many!
The symptoms of having nasal polyps include lacking a normal ability to smell as well as a person feeling that the nose is constantly dripping mucous, not a nice situation to have, at all! A person tends to have nasal polyps when there is an inflammation of the nose’s lining. While there may be a number of reasons as to why exactly this takes place, homeopathic treatment has a very comprehensive answer for nasal polyps!
If the polyps are not treated by normal medicine, a person who has them would normally face the prospect of having to undergo surgery to get them removed. However, this is not the case at all, if homeopathy medicine is used to provide an answer to the issue.
The important thing about homeopathic medicine’s treatment of nasal polyps is the fact that a person is not only treated for the polyps which are causing trouble to him or her but also for the initial condition which resulted in the polyps forming in the first place. Is this not a better solution? The conditions are likely to be sinusitis, asthma, among other ones.
When a case of having nasal polyps is being treated, the medicines which are most likely to be prescribed by a doctor are known by the names of Teucrium and Sanguinaria. When a person has lost any semblance of smell due to nasal polyps, the medicine to be made use of is likely to be Teucrium. On the other hand, when a person seems to keep falling ill due to catching colds quite often, then a medicine such as Sanguinaria should address this and the patient will be free from the irritation caused by polyps in the nose. After all, the freedom from polyps is really not valued until they are alive and well and are causing a lot of trouble for the person who has the misfortune of having them!
While such medication should only be taken as per the directives of a medical professional who is qualified in the field of homeopathy, it does do a person any harm to know of the medicines, in any case. After all, they may be the reasons why a person can retain peace of mind!