Weight Management Counseling
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Treating Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Preventing Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Asthma Treatment & Management
Treatment Of Restenosis
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Dengue is caused from the bite of the ‘Aedes Aegypti’ mosquito. This mosquito has been known to breed and survive in tropical and subtropical regions. A waterborne disease, it causes extreme discomfort and pain, even death is a possibility. Statistics suggest that each year, the number of people afflicted with dengue is around 390 million. Out of this huge number, 96 million tend to develop severe illnesses wherein hospitalization becomes mandatory.
It is primarily caused due to the bite of the ‘Aedes aegypti’ mosquito.
A mosquito becomes infected with dengue if it bites an already infected person. The disease can be transmitted to any healthy person that this infected mosquito bites next.
Living near a stagnant water body or an open drain makes you the most vulnerable to this disease. Letting water accumulate in open containers or spaces over a period of time makes it the perfect breeding ground for all types of mosquitoes.
On being infected, the symptoms generally last for around 10 days. Some of the common symptoms are:
Excruciating pain behind the eyes
Sudden high fever with chills
Skin rash which generally appears two to five days after you get infected
Nose bleeding, easy bruising and bleeding gums
Severe muscle and joint pain
It should be noted that these symptoms can be easily mistaken for high fever or any other viral infection. Therefore, getting tested as soon as these symptoms start appearing is very important.
If the dengue is left untreated or not treated on time, it can result in dengue haemorrhagic fever. This condition causes nose bleeding (due to damage to the blood vessels), high fever and failure of the circulatory system as well as the enlargement of liver.
Ways to prevent dengue include
Avoid storing water in containers
Wear clothes that cover your whole body, if possible
Maintain hygiene and clean your immediate surrounding frequently
Use mosquito repellent
Use a mosquito net around your bed
In worst case scenarios, death is a possibility as a result of dengue haemorrhagic fever or dengue shock. Many countries consider dengue to be an epidemic. You need to be on complete bed rest while drinking adequate amounts of fluids if you need to recuperate from dengue.
There is no specific antiviral medication that is available for the treatment of dengue. In general, Acetaminophen (paracetamol) is usually recommended for treating fever and pain associated with dengue. Medications such as Aspirin, other salicylates and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) must be avoided. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Diabetes is a serious disorder which happens when your body has an unreasonably high level of blood sugar, which further leads to harmful effects. Diabetes has a wide variety of complications associated with it, and they start to build up slowly and gradually. Some of the common complications are:
- Retinopathy - In simple words, diabetes leads to eye damage by making the eye exposed and prone to severe eye disorders like cataracts and glaucoma. If you have retinopathy, then you may also have face the consequence loss of vision or permanent blindness.
- Skin conditions - During diabetes, your skin health is bound to degrade to a large extent. Your skin will become thin in texture and more prone to cuts and breakages due to internal skin cell damage. Thus, the skin gets more exposed to the bacterial and viral infections and its healing process also slows down as the cell division takes longer than usual.
- Nephropathy - Nephropathy refers to kidney damage which is caused due to diabetes. The kidneys act as a filter system to the body and they filter out waste materials from the blood. Diabetes causes damage to the blood vessels of the kidneys which may further result in serious kidney disorders and may increase the risks of a sudden kidney failure.
- Cardiovascular diseases - This means that if you are having excessive diabetes, then you are at a risk of having a major heart attack or a heart stroke. Additionally, increased blood sugar levels also lead to other heart-related diseases like chest pain, narrowing of arteries etc.
- Neuropathy - It is a complication related to the nervous system of your body. The complication generally occurs in the legs as there is a numbness, burning or tingling sensation in the legs. This happens due to the extra sugar in the body, which damages the walls of the blood vessels. In the worst case scenario, you can lose sensation in the legs.
However, it is always desirable that you go and visit a doctor if the conditions persist for a longer time. Additionally, you can also depend upon some domestic care measures to bring your blood sugar levels under control.
My wife 20 years old .she taking valparin 300 mg. Daily once at night it will be going to create any side effect? If yes what are the side effects and how to control the tablets.
Sir is there any problem if I do marriage in relations I.e. My father's sisters daughter can you suggest me please.
What is a Nasal Polyp?
If you have chronic obstruction of the nose, nasal voice, frequent sneezing, you could be having nasal polyps. It is worthwhile to understand that a nasal polyp is non-cancerous. It is a teardrop-shaped growth in the nasal cavity. At times, it forms in the sinuses or at the opening of the sinus into the nasal cavities. The polyp almost looks like a grape that has been peeled.
Allergies can cause a person a whole lot of trouble, to say the very least. Also, among the many things allergies can trigger such as hives and swellings which are coupled with irritation, nasal polyps are one of the many!
The symptoms of having nasal polyps include lacking a normal ability to smell as well as a person feeling that the nose is constantly dripping mucous, not a nice situation to have, at all! A person tends to have nasal polyps when there is an inflammation of the nose’s lining. While there may be a number of reasons as to why exactly this takes place, homeopathic treatment has a very comprehensive answer for nasal polyps!
If the polyps are not treated by normal medicine, a person who has them would normally face the prospect of having to undergo surgery to get them removed. However, this is not the case at all, if homeopathy medicine is used to provide an answer to the issue.
The important thing about homeopathic medicine’s treatment of nasal polyps is the fact that a person is not only treated for the polyps which are causing trouble to him or her but also for the initial condition which resulted in the polyps forming in the first place. Is this not a better solution? The conditions are likely to be sinusitis, asthma, among other ones.
When a case of having nasal polyps is being treated, the medicines which are most likely to be prescribed by a doctor are known by the names of Teucrium and Sanguinaria. When a person has lost any semblance of smell due to nasal polyps, the medicine to be made use of is likely to be Teucrium. On the other hand, when a person seems to keep falling ill due to catching colds quite often, then a medicine such as Sanguinaria should address this and the patient will be free from the irritation caused by polyps in the nose. After all, the freedom from polyps is really not valued until they are alive and well and are causing a lot of trouble for the person who has the misfortune of having them!
While such medication should only be taken as per the directives of a medical professional who is qualified in the field of homeopathy, it does do a person any harm to know of the medicines, in any case. After all, they may be the reasons why a person can retain peace of mind!
Fruits are a superfood category of their own. They are the powerhouse of minerals, vitamins and antioxidants and an excellent contribution to your diet. Here are ten fruits you should be eating daily:
- Apples: There is a reason why an apple a day keeps the doctor away. Apples are filled with antioxidants, soluble and insoluble fibre and quercetin. Antioxidants boost your immunity and the fibre provides you with energy and maintains a healthy bowel, while quercetin has anti-allergy and antihistamine (compounds which curb the effects of histamine, primarily used to treat allergies) properties.
- Grapes: Grapes contain an antioxidant named resveratrol, which prevents heart diseases and premature aging of your cells. In addition, they are also great sources of folate and vitamin B6, C and A which contribute to a healthier immune system.
- Bananas: Bananas have low sodium and high potassium levels. Thus, they are extremely beneficial in maintaining blood pressure and preventing strokes. Bananas also contain protease inhibitors, which prevent stomach ulcers (protease is a digestive enzyme that produces acid).
- Strawberries: Strawberries might be small, but they do pack a lot of nutrients! A handful of strawberries daily can prevent diabetes type 2, inflammations and heart disease. They are also rich in antioxidants and vitamin C.
- Papaya: Papayas contain a substance called ‘papain’ which is an incredible digestive stimulant. They also contain large amounts of folate, which helps in proper DNA repair and synthesis.
- Oranges: Oranges provide you with vitamin C and potassium, which are essential for enhanced muscle and digestive functions. The membrane between orange segments contains hesperidin, which has been proven to reduce cholesterol.
- Kiwi: Kiwi contains more vitamin C than oranges which grants them the ability to prevent DNA damage and also helps reduce risks of developing cataracts.
- Blueberries: Blueberries are a great source of antioxidants which aid in fighting cancer and macular degeneration (an eye disease which results in vision loss). They also contain compounds that protect you from urinary tract infections.
- Lemon: Lemons contain citric acid, which effectively lowers cholesterol and cuts down on body fat. Citric acid is also an excellent digestive stimulant. Also, the refreshing scent of lemons reduces anxiety, nervousness and fatigue.
- Grapefruit: Grapefruit is an excellent appetite suppressant, which cuts down on your cravings. It also contains a soluble fibre named ‘pectin’, which lessens the development of atherosclerosis (build-up of cholesterol and fats on the walls of the artery). However, refrain from consuming grapefruit if you are on prescription medications.