Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Prakrustha Ayur ClinicYour feedback matters!
What is betel nut?
- Betel nut is the seed of a type of palm tree.
- It has a long history of being the being chewed for its mood-enhancing effects in many parts of Asia and the Pacific.
- Modern research shows many health risks associated with its use, including oral cancer, an incurable jaw disorder, and reproductive issues.
A deep red or purple smile is a common sight in many parts of Asia and the Pacific.
But what’s behind it?This red residue is the telltale sign of the betel nut, which is chewed by millions of people across the globe. In its most basic form, betel nut is a seed of the Areca catechu, a type of palm tree. It’s commonly chewed after being ground up or sliced and wrapped in leaves of the Piper betel vine that have been coated with lime. This is known as a betel quid. Tobacco or flavorful spices may also be added.
History of a habit
Betel nut has a long history in South and Southeast Asia and the Pacific Basin. In Guam and other Pacific islands, its use can be traced back as far as 2,000 years. A habit passed down through generations, chewing betel nut is a time-honored custom for 10–20 percent of the world’s population. Today, the World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that around 600 million people use some form of betel nut. It is one of the most popular psychoactive substances in the world, in fourth place after nicotine, alcohol, and caffeine. But while betel nut is an important cultural and social tradition in many countries, growing evidence points to serious health effects from regular use.
Oral cancer and other dangers
A study reports that betel nut users are at a higher risk for oral submucous fibrosis. This incurable condition can cause stiffness in the mouth and eventually the loss of jaw movement. Regular chewing of betel nut can also cause gum irritation and tooth decay. Teeth may become permanently stained deep red or even black.Betel nut may interact with other drugs or herbal supplements. It could cause toxic reactions in the body or reduce the effects of medications.
Medical conditions associated with betel nut use with tobacco:
- oral submucous fibrosis
- oral cancer
- reproductive issues, including low birth weight in newborns
Navratri diet plan
- Breakfast: dryfruit milk shake (take 4-5 almonds n 2 anjeer cut it n boil it with around 50 ml milk till soft, allow it to cool and grind it, pour 200 ml milk more, allow it to cool n drink it)
- Mini meal: some fruits and makhana
- Lunch: rajgira roti n subzi with curd or chhah
- Around 5 pm: one green tea with some peanuts
- Dinner: kuttu or rajgira roti n lauki subzi or you can have fruit juice or milk with dry fruits
- Before leaving for garba: provita power mix or one handful of dryfuits ll help you to sustain long during your garba.
- Wish you all a joyful navratri!
Homeopathy can very efficiently deal with cases of hair loss, and produce excellent results. In homeopathy, a huge number of wonderful medicines are present that are used to tackle hair loss cases. Every kind of hair loss (ranging from hair loss due to anemia / nutritional deficiencies, due to skin disorders, due to mental / physical trauma, due to childbirth or menopause, after acute diseases, to alopecia areata, alopecia totalis or androgenetic alopecia) can be treated with the help of well selected homeopathic medicines. To treat hair loss through homeopathy detail case history of the patient needs to be studied. The cause and site of hair loss are to be noted down along with the constitutional symptoms of the patient which are given prime importance in any kind of case of hair loss. The constitutional symptoms include the eating habits, level of thirst, thermals, mental symptom etc. And these are to be given top position in forming the totality of symptoms while case taking. After the case has been properly evaluated, the case homeopathic medicine is administered to the patient
You can easily take an online consultation for further treatment guidance and permanent cure without any side effects.
Concerted efforts to inculcate healthy lifestyle habits can help prevent life-long lifestyle diseases like diabetes, hypertension, heart ailments among many. A healthy lifestyle can help manage an already existing condition well too! So inculcating a few healthy lifestyle tips can go a long way in improving your overall health and mental well-being.
What is Vertigo and what causes it?
Vertigo is a sensation or feeling of spinning around and losing one’s balance even though there is no movement in you or environment.
What causes vertigo?
If the vertigo is caused by problems in the brain or central nervous system it is referred as central vertigo and if the vertigo is caused by problems in inner ear, then it is termed as a peripheral vertigo.
The labyrinth of the inner ear has tiny organs that allow messages to be sent to the brain in response to gravity. By intimating our brains about the movement from the vertical position, we are able to maintain balance or equilibrium. Disturbance to this system therefore produces vertigo that can be created by inflammation among other causes.
The inflammation can be observed in the following conditions -
This is inflammation of labyrinth and vestibular nerve (the nerve that is responsible for encoding the body’s motion and position)
This is due to inflammation of the vestibular nerve.
It is a disorder of the inner ear that is characterized by episodes of vertigo, ringing in the ears (tinnitus), hearing loss, and fullness in the ear. The cause of Meniere’s disease is unclear but likely involves both genetic and environmental factors. A number of theories exist for why it occurs including constrictions in blood vessels, viral infections, and autoimmune reactions.
Patients having slight degeneration of the cervical spine and presence of osteophytes also have a tendency to develop Vertigo.
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo(BPPV):
(BPPV) is the thought to be caused by a disturbance in the otolith particles. Otolith particles are the crystals of calcium carbonate presnt in the inner ear fluid that pull on sensory hair cells during movement and so stimulate the vestibular nerve to send positional information to the brain. In people with BPPV, endolymph fluid continues to move even after normal head movement has stopped.
BPPV vertigo can also be caused by
- A head injury
- Reduced blood flow in a certain area of the brain
- An episode of labyrinthitis
- Ear surgery
- Prolonged bed rest.
Central vertigo occurs by following causes -
- When there is disturbance to the part of the brain (brainstem and cerebellum) that deals with interaction between the senses of vision and balance and,
- Sensory messages to and from the thalamus.
- Migraine headache
- Transient ischemic attack (TIA)
- Multiple sclerosis: The inability to move the eyes to the midline toward the nose.
- Acoustic neuroma: Vertigo causing one sided ringing in the ear and hearing loss.
Symptoms of Vertigo:
Vertigo is normally caused by a change in the position of the head. The following symptoms may be experienced by the people, who are suffering from Vertigo
- Feeling nauseated
- Pulled to one direction
- Ringing in the ears or hearing loss
- Abnormal or jerking eye movements (nystagmus)
Treatment for vertigo:
Treatment for vertigo depends upon the type and severity of the problem. Avoiding consumption of substances that can affect circulation, including caffeine, tobacco, or alcohol, drinking plenty of fluids.
Consumption of lavender and vitamin-D rich food.
Physiotherapy exercises include head and body movements done while sitting on bed (It is better to take guidance of physiotherapists for better and fast relief.)
Medications or treatment can be taken only after doctor’s consultation. Homeopathic treatment is fast and the relief will be long lasting. In most of the cases homeopathic medicines cured the disease without surgeries and side effects when conventional medical system suggested surgery.
Common remedies for Vertigo :
1. CONIUM MACULATUM - Conium is an excellent remedy for the treatment of vertigo with difficult gait, trembling, sudden loss of strength while walking. People complain about vertigo when lying down and turning over in bed. Slight noise or conversation of others or even shaking the head slighlty produces vertigo.
2. COCCULUS INDICUS - Vertigo accompanied by nausea during travelling can be very effectively treated with this Homeopathic medicine. Cocculus gives very good results when the Vertigo is accompanied by nausea.
3. BELLADONNA - Severe throbbing of the head associated with vertigo. Patient feels that he is falling to left side or backwards. It is also effective in patients with Cervical Spondylosis.
4. CALCAREA FLUORICA - Best remedy for treatment of Vertigo due to Cervical Spondylosis where bony tissue is involved.
- Pain from a root canal is usually mild.
- In most cases you should be able to manage it with over-the-counter pain medications, like ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) or acetaminophen (Tylenol).
A root canal is a major procedure, so pain after a root canal is normal. A root canal involves deep cleaning inside the canals (the inner chamber of the root) of your tooth, which can in turn irritate surrounding nerves and gums.
The pain shouldn’t last forever. In fact, a root canal is meant to help you avoid pain related to a decaying or fractured tooth. It’s normal to experience mild to moderate pain for a few days after a root canal. Any pain beyond this point may warrant additional cleaning of the canals or other procedures.
Initial recovery period
In the past, root canals were extremely painful. This is one reason why people sometimes avoided such procedures. Dentists now have pain-relieving measures that can be used to reduce the amount of pain you experience during the procedure.
Before the process begins, dentist will apply a local anesthetic that minimizes pain. You might still feel pressure during the cleaning, but you shouldn’t be in pain during the actual procedure.
As the local anesthetic wears off after the root canal, you might experience mild pain and sensitivity. This is related to the cleaning process. During the cleaning process, your dentist makes a small opening in the crown of the tooth and cleans out diseased pulp inside the pulp chamber of the tooth. While uncomfortable, any pain and sensitivity following a root canal should only last a few days.
Since the pain experienced after a root canal is usually mild, you’ll likely only need over-the-counter pain medications for relief.
You should also avoid chewing hard foods immediately following the root canal, as this can induce more pain.
When to seek help
Root canal pain should decrease over time. If you still experience pain or swelling, you should see your dentist. Most people need one to two sessions for a root canal to be successful. In severe cases, you may need more cleaning sessions.
Recurring pain could be an indicator of this.Your symptoms should ease up if you’re taking any over-the-counter pain medications. If they don’t, your doctor may recommend prescription-strength ibuprofen or narcotic pain relievers. These are only taken on a temporary basis.
Once your tooth is completely treated, your dentist may put a crown on top of it. These can be made of metal, porcelain, or gold. The idea here is to prevent future damage to an already delicate tooth. Sometimes pain is a temporary side effect as you get used to a newly placed crown.
Pain beyond a root canal should be addressed with your dentist. Beyond taking medications temporarily, there are other things you can do to manage pain from a root canal.
Taking care of your teeth is a must, and you should avoid hard and crunchy foods until your pain improves. Quitting smoking can also help.
1. Eases stress
- Epsom salt can help you calm down when you are feeling stressed. Stress drains the body of magnesium and increases adrenaline levels.
- Magnesium plays an important role in the release and uptake of serotonin, a mood-elevating chemical in the brain. This creates a feeling of well-being and relaxation while also reducing anxiety, irritability, insomnia and abnormal heart rhythms.
- Add 1 cup of epsom salt to warm bath water.
- Soak in it for 20 minutes to feel more relaxed and sleep better.
- Take an epsom salt bath about 3 times a week to enjoy a stress-free life.
2. Aids detoxification
- Epsom salt can assist in eliminating toxins from the body. The magnesium in epsom salt is required for detoxifying cells. It also helps detox the body of environmental contaminants that can potentially cause ill health.
- To enjoy a relaxing detox bath, stir in 1 to 2 cups of epson salt in a bathtub filled with warm water and soak in it for 10 to 15 minutes, 2 or 3 times a week.
3. Relieves muscle cramps
- Epsom salt can help treat muscle cramps and relieve sore muscles after workouts. Magnesium effectively eases pain and reduces inflammation. This in turn promotes muscle relaxation and healing.
- Make a thick paste of epsom salt and hot water. Apply it on the affected area for 15 to 20 minutes to get soothing comfort.
- Another option is to soak your body in a tub of warm water with 1 cup of epsom salt for at least 20 minutes.
- Your muscle cramps will likely heal after one application or bath. If needed, repeat the process the next day.
4. Eases aches & pains
- Epsom salt can help alleviate symptoms like pain, swelling and inflammation. Magnesium helps regulate the ph levels in the body.
- This in turn reduces stiffness, inflammation and pain associated with any form of arthritis, including gout. It helps in bone mineralization as well. Plus, epsom salt promotes nerve functionality and soothes nerve pain.
- Add 2 tablespoons of epsom salt to hot water.
- Soak the aching body parts in it for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Do this up to 3 times each week.
5. Adds volume to hair
- Epsom salt is also healthy for your hair. It can add body to your hair, remove excess oil from your scalp and keep your scalp healthy. Plus, it can remove the buildup of hair products on the scalp that cause problems like thinning hair, hair loss and oily hair. Also, the minerals in epsom salt help repair and strengthen damaged hair.
- To make a volumizing hair mask, mix equal parts of a warm deep conditioner and epsom salt. Apply it on your slightly damp hair. Leave it in for 15 to 20 minutes, then rinse thoroughly with cold water. Use this hair treatment once a week only.
- If you have oily hair, add a little bit of epsom salt to your shampoo and wash your hair as usual. Do it 2 times a week only.
6. Exfoliates skin
- For healthy and smooth skin, it is essential to exfoliate properly once or twice week. This helps get rid of dead skin cells and remove oil from skin pores that can cause itchiness, pimples, blackheads and other common skin problems.
- You can simply rub a handful of epsom salt over damp skin to remove dead skin cells, then rinse it off with warm water.
- Another option is to mix a handful of epsom salt with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and rub it all over your wet skin to exfoliate. Rinse thoroughly.
- Use either of these treatments on a weekly basis to make your skin healthy, smooth and soft.
7. Treats sunburn
- Epsom salt is very soothing for sunburned skin. Its anti-inflammatory properties alleviate mild sunburn irritation like itchiness and pain. It can even help maintain an even skin tone.
- To treat sunburned hands and legs, mix 2 tablespoons of epsom salt in 1 cup of water and store it in a spray bottle. Spray it on the affected area. Leave it on for 10 minutes, then take a bath. Do this several times a week to notice improvement.
- Another option is to fill a bathtub with lukewarm water and mix in 1 cup of epsom salt, stirring thoroughly so the salt crystals dissolve properly. Add a few drops of lavender essential oil and soak in the water for 20 minutes.
8. Alleviates foot problems
- Be it athlete’s foot, foot odor, dry foot, pain or any other foot problems, epsom salt can be used to treat these issues. Also, its natural exfoliating properties will help soften rough and callused skin on your feet.
- To get rid of foot odor or relieve symptoms of athlete’s foot, add ½ cup of epsom salt to a foot tub filled with warm water. Soak your feet in it for 10 minutes once daily until the problem is resolved.
- To treat toenail fungus, soak the affected toes in hot water mixed with a handful of epsom salt 3 times a day until you get rid of the problem.
9. Improves heart health
- Epsom salt also improves heart health. The magnesium helps maintain a normal heart rhythm and healthy arteries. When the arteries are healthy, there is less risk of blood clots, plaque buildup and damage to arterial walls.
- Also, epsom salt improves blood circulation, which in turn reduces the risk of heart disease and strokes.
- Enjoy an epsom salt bath 3 times a week to improve your cardiovascular health and reduce the risk of heart attack.
10. Improves digestion
- Epsom salt assists in the elimination of harmful toxins and waste products from the body and the digestive system. It also works as a laxative to soften stools, making them easier to pass, and can be used to treat constipation.
- Dissolve 1 or 2 teaspoons of epsom salt in 1 cup of warm water and drink it on an empty stomach once a day. When taken internally, epsom salt can cause some side effects, including gastrointestinal irritation, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting. Consult your doctor before taking epsom salt. Do not take it longer than 1 week.
- Also, soaking in an epsom salt bath helps reduce water retention and tummy bloating.
What is Micro Hair Patch / Hair Skin / Toupee?
Micro Skin gives you a complete security of hair condition and a new life, with better lifestyle and hairstyle.
- Prevents Diabetes: A single serving of onions contains 27% of your biotin DRI. Biotin has many positive impacts on your health, one of which is combating symptoms associated with type 2 diabetes. Early research suggests that a combination of biotin and chromium might help regulate blood sugar and even decrease insulin resistance.
- Healthy Skin: Biotin is also important in maintaining healthy skin. It is used to treat brittle nails, prevent hair loss (although research is still ongoing as to its effectiveness in this regard) and maintain skin health.
- Improved Immunity: Onions contain both vitamin C and photochemical that increases the effectiveness of vitamin C in your body. What does that mean? A healthier, more effective immune system, that’s what.
- Prevents Cancer: Quercetin is more than just a funny looking word. It’s also a plant flavonoid (another funny word that means plant pigment) that possesses potent antioxidants, which fight against cancer-causing free radicals. Free radicals are chemical compounds that damage cell membranes and cause cell death. Onions are rich in quercetin and thus are a powerful weapon in the war against cancer.
- Relieves Stress: Quercetin doesn’t stop there. It also helps protect your body against stress. When you are stressed out your body produces cortical. While cortisol is totally normal, too much of it can damage muscle tissue and cause protein breakdown in the body. That’s where quercetin-rich onions come in. During times of prolonged stress, quercetin suppresses enzyme required for cortisol release. Next time you have a stressful deadline to meet at work, bring along a few raw onions to snack on!
- Lowers Cholesterol: Raw onion also promotes production of HDL which is the good cholesterol that you need to stay healthy.
- Anti-Inflammatory: Onions have anti-inflammatory properties help those who suffer from joint pain and arthritis. But the benefits of betalain is not limited to those with swollen joints; all disease is rooted in chronic inflammation, and, therefore, everyone should seek out foods with anti-inflammatory properties.
- Lowers Blood Pressure: The sulfur in onions acts as a natural blood thinner and it prevents blood platelets from collecting. This is good for lowering blood pressure and preventing risk of heart attack or stroke, because you are more susceptible if blood platelets clog up. And remember quercetin? Of course you do. Well it also helps prevent plaque buildup in arteries which is also good for preventing heart attack and stroke.
- Digestion: Onions are high in fiber, which is good for maintaining a healthy and regular digestive system. Fiber prevents digestive pain and breaks down food can keep it moving.
Bone Density: Onions bolster bone density for older women. One study found that menopausal women who incorporated onions into their diet had a 20% lower risk of health disease.
My scanning reports read that I have pcod and my irregular periods made me use'Yamini pills'it's been the 3 rd month I'm using them. How long should it be used to regularise my periods permanently. Now they r regular due to the pill perhaps. No other health issues. Pl suggest. I am 22, my weight 48 kgs .height 5 feet.
How to increase my weight ,I physically totally weak, I'm taking protein foods, but my bone density is low.
The stabbing pain that you experience around the neck and shoulder region should never be ignored as they may indicate health problems that require medical attention. There are certain points that you need to keep in mind the if you experience prolonged pain in these areas of the body.
1. Neck injury - Your neck and shoulder pain should be seen as a warning sign that you need to take a look at the neck injury you may have sustained during a rear-end automobile accident. More specifically, whiplash injuries that happen when the head experiences a sudden backward and forward jerk, straining the tissues of the neck.
2. Pain in these areas of the body could indicate abnormalities in the vertebrae of your neck such as herniated disc, causing added pressure on the nerves of the spinal cord.
3. Your neck and shoulder pain complaint may also point towards muscle strains. Lifestyle factors like working long hours in front of laptops or desktops leave you with no time and zero energy to exercise, resulting in serious neck and shoulder pains.
4. Your neck and shoulder pain may also indicate the problem of cervical spondylosis. This is a degenerative disc disease, which is characterised by severe pain that originates from the neck and radiates till the shoulders.
5. Even heart problems, such as a heart attack can cause pain in the shoulder and the neck. When this happens, the condition is known as referred pain.
6. Adopting an improper body posture during lifting of heavy materials can induce pain in your body parts, with neck and shoulders being the most vulnerable areas.
7. You may be suffering from a condition known as rotator cuff injury in which the group of ligaments and muscles that support the shoulder get injured during lifting or playing any sport.
To avoid aggravating the pain from becoming more severe, you shouldn't ignore any ache that arises from these areas.
Every parent takes that extra precaution to ensure that their child is protected. From giving only boiled and/or bottled water to multiple rounds of washing fruits and vegetables, everything is done. Despite these, when the child begins to complain of stomach ache, there is fear of a worm infection.
While there are many worm infections, the four most common ones that affect children are threadworms, hookworms, roundworms, and tapeworms (named after their shapes).
Worm infections are a reality, and a child can get a worm infection by one of the following routes.
- By eating unclean/undercooked/infected food: There could be eggs of these worms on vegetables and fruits, and if not washed thoroughly, chances of infection are high. Also, if seafood such as fish are infected with these, improper cooking of these can lead to infections.
- Walking barefoot on infected soil: This is the most common way to get worm infections, when children walk barefoot in damp soil.
- Drinking contaminated water: Some worms breed in water bodies like lakes and puddles. Playing in these areas or eating with hands contaminated in these areas can lead to infection.
- Contact with infected person: Either through unclean hands or fingernails contact of an infected person, the worm infection can reach the child.
Whatever the source, once these worms enter the body, they multiply and continue to grow in the child.
While an upset stomach is the most common symptom, the child also could be irritable. Other symptoms that are commonly seen in children are as below.
- Refusal to eat, both due the stomach pain and the loss of appetite
- Weight loss, due to reduced food intake. Additionally, the worms consume a large portion of the consumed food, reducing what is available for the child
- Anemia, which is especially true with hookworms
- Bloody stools
- Itching around the anus, from where the worms could have entered the body
- Skin rashes or urticarial
- Sleep disturbances, due to the above symptoms
- Frequent urination
- Susceptibility to infections, as anemia sets in and immunity is affected
- Worm testing
Stool testing including cotton swab testing and sticky tape testing are done to confirm the presence of worms.
The good news is that treating worm infections is quite easy and simple. A course of anti-parasitic or anti-worm medicine is often used to get rid of the worms and takes about a week to clear.
- Deworming is done quite commonly, though it is preferably done under medical supervision.
- Hygiene practices with respect to cleaning hands, toys, potty practices, bathing, bedding, clean drinking water, etc., can go a long way in prevention of worms.
Most of us our always worried sick about our performance in bed, but rather than worrying about it, we should try to invest emotionally in our relationship. Sex is supposed to be enjoyable, but it isn't always the case. If you are too preoccupied wondering about your physical appearance and your ability in bed, sex may make you feel more stressed than relaxed. This is known as sexual performance anxiety and can even get to a point where it makes you avoid sex altogether.
There may be many reasons for performance anxiety. Some of these are:
- Fear that you will not be able to satisfy your partner sexually
- Lack of self confidence and insecurity about your appearances
- Difficulties in your relationship
- The anxiety about not being able to have an orgasm
- A man's fear of premature ejaculation or taking too long to orgasm
Thus this type of anxiety is not rooted in any type of medical problem. Rather than medication, a change in thinking and perception is required to treat performance anxiety.
Here are a few tips that can help you:
- Fight stress: Stress in your daily life can spill over to your bedroom as well. This can make sex a chore rather than something to be enjoyed. Recognize your stress triggers and find ways to eliminate them. Regular exercise can be very helpful in reducing stress.
- Prolong foreplay: Sex does not have a time limit or there is need to follow a set of steps. Like any other activity, your body needs to 'warm up' for sex as well. Instead of putting pressure on yourself to control or release your orgasm, get into the flow of the moment and take it slow. Try getting intimate with your partner in ways that do not involve sex such as a massage or having a shower together.
Communicate with your partner: Talk to your partner about how you feel. Understand that it is not necessary to have an orgasm every time you have sex. Talking to your partner can help ease some of the anxiety and improve your relationship.
Talk to a therapist: Asking for help is not a bad thing or something you need to be ashamed of. Therapists are trained to teach you about how to be more comfortable with your sexuality and can help eliminate the triggers of sexual performance anxiety.
Give up control: Do not hold yourself responsible for your erections or your partner's orgasms. To a large extent sexual responsiveness is governed by the unconscious mind and hence worrying does nothing.
For women, less than thirty five years of age, infertility is characterised as the powerlessness to conceive a child after one year of unprotected sex. For women matured thirty five to forty years, it is characterised as a failure to conceive after six months of unprotected sex. For women beyond forty years of age, it is the failure to conceive after three months of unprotected sex. Infertility is also, the powerlessness to conceive a pregnancy to term, for example, in cases of unfortunate miscarriage.
The reason for infertility is the problem on both genders; thirty percent is male related barrenness and 30 thirty percent is female related barrenness. However, it is not just a physical problem. Infertility can affect a woman’s mental health. This is how that is possible:
- Medicine reactions: Medications and hormones used to treat infertility may bring about many types of mental reactions. For instance, the engineered oestrogen clomiphene citrate (Clomid, Serophene), most of the time recommended because it enhances ovulation and increases the sperm creation. However, it may bring about nervousness, rest intrusions, mood swings, and crankiness women. These reactions have not yet been recorded in men. Other fertility medicines may bring about sorrow, madness, and irritation and concentration issues.
- Cash stress: Only a very few states and countries provide insurance for infertility treatment. Expenses of infertility medications are very high. For patients who do not have insurance, the scope or the way to pay for treatment, not having the capacity to acquire treatment may add to the feeling of helplessness and misery. Indeed, even patients with the insurance plan may find that copayments or restrictions on the plan mean they should pay huge sums out of their own pockets.
- Decisions and results: Overall, infertility medications help only some of the patients and they get to be parents. The mental health of those who cannot deteriorate because of their thought of getting older day by day. Patients who learn they are to end up being parents might be excited, additionally should figure out how to change in accordance with new patterns and ways, both during pregnancy and after pregnancy. Women who have endured various premature deliveries, for instance, are probably going to feel restless about whether they will have the capacity to convey to full term or not. More established couples might argue about whether to experience pre-birth testing, for example, amniocentesis.
- Sexual desires: Infertility can also influence a person’s sexual self-esteem, learning, and execution. Many couples have intercourse as an approach to relax. At the point when sex is interrupted with disappointment and dissatisfaction, couples may lose their passionate association. The weight to perform or to have sex because of infertility medications can disengage partners and separate couples. Fertility medicines additionally make sex less stressful, as it gets to be distinctly centred around fertility instead of entertainment.
In many cases, the body responds to a stressful or traumatic situation by disassociating with it. This can result in the development of a dissociative disorder. A dissociative disorder or dissociative amnesia is a mental illness that involves the breaking down of memory, consciousness, identity and perception. It can interfere with a person's general functioning, social life and relationships. People suffering from dissociative amnesia can have long gaps in their memory of the accident and the time before and after it.
Women are at a higher risk of suffering from this condition as compared to men. It has also been found to have a genetic link as people suffering from this condition often have other members of their family who experience something similar. Manmade and natural disasters such as wars, floods, earthquakes etc that cause overwhelming stress is said to trigger this disease.
The inability to recall past events is a primary symptom of this disease. Other symptoms include:
- Depression or anxiety
- Inability to remember personal information
- Substance abuse
- Mood swings
- Sexual dysfunction
- Panic attacks
- Obsessive compulsive symptoms
- Hallucinations and
- Social withdrawal
Treatment for this disease is a two step process. The first step involves relieving symptoms and controlling any behavioral changes. The second step aims at helping the person to recall and process their memories. Developing coping skills and rebuilding relationships is also focused on. Depending on the individual and the severity of symptoms showcased a doctor may choose to treat the patient using any of the following forms of treatment.
- Psychotherapy: This form of treatment is designed to encourage communication and give the person insight into their problems. It uses a number of psychological techniques.
- Cognitive therapy: Changing dysfunctional thinking patterns and their resulting emotions and behavior patterns is the focus of this form of treatment.
- Medication: Dissociative amnesia patients who also suffer from depression or anxiety can benefit from medication such as anti depressants and anti anxiety drugs. However, this medication does not treat the dissociative amnesia itself.
- Family therapy: In some cases, along with the patient it is also necessary to counsel the family. Family therapy involves educating the family members about the disorder and symptoms of recurrence.
Clinical hypnosis: This type of treatment uses intense relaxation and focused attention techniques to access the unconscious part of the mind and allow people to explore their thoughts, emotions and repressed memories.
Are you suffering from seasonal depression triggered by the change in season? This condition is known as seasonal affective disorder or SAD and primarily occurs during the winter. It usually starts when the days start getting colder and shorter. SAD requires treatment as it limits an affected person’s ability to smoothly carry out his or her everyday activities. Here are the several methods by which SAD can be treated or dealt with:
- Light therapy boxes: Light therapy boxes emit light which mimics sunshine in a particular way. This helps in recovery from SAD. The light from these therapy boxes are brighter than normal light bulbs and are of various wavelengths. The patient is required to sit in front of a light box for a period of 30 minutes every day. As a result, the circadian rhythms of the body get stimulated and the natural release of melatonin is suppressed. Light therapy is very effective when undertaken in the morning after waking up. It is a very common treatment used to cure SAD.
- Dawn simulators: Dawn simulators help in the management of SAD. These are devices which work as alarm clocks. However, instead of waking you up abruptly by means of a beep or loud music, they produce light which increases in intensity gradually, just like the sun. There are several models of dawn simulators which are available in the market. You should choose a dawn simulator, which uses a full spectrum light. This form depicts natural sunlight. For people with mild SAD, dawn simulators are as effective as light therapy.
- Consult a doctor: SAD is a type of depression and it is recommended that you to consult a psychiatrist. Several screening questions are asked to a patient to determine his/her level of depression. A doctor will also observe whether your depression is because of SAD or any other factor.
- Antidepressants: In case, psychotherapy or light therapy fails to cure your SAD and the accompanied depression, you should take prescribed antidepressants. These medicines might help in overcoming your seasonal depression. Try to avoid medicines which make you feel sleepy. If you have SAD, you should take antidepressants every winter and not just during the winters when you feel the blues.
It is very important for you to recognise the symptoms of SAD when they start showing, and consult a doctor immediately. This will prevent the symptoms from escalating and you will be able to get early treatment.