Submit a review for Pain Relif ClinicYour feedback matters!
My Father is 82 years old. Suffering from knee pain for 6 month, unable to Walk freely, he has to depend upon Walker as local orthopaedic suggested. The doctor told that it's all about osteoarthritis. In this atmosphere I am feeling helpless, please advise what to do.
Hello doctors. I am 25 year old boy my problem is I eat excessive amount of non veg food. Means all days in week I eat in lunch nd also sometimes in night also I mostly eat chicken and fish but all are home made curry nd gravy. Will this lead to any kind of diseases in future to me? Thanks.
Persistent fatigue can be a symptom of an underlying disease. Fatigue refers to the feeling of weakness, tiredness and constant lack of energy. Fatigue can be an underlying symptom of weight loss, diarrhea, vomiting, chest pain, muscle weakness and depression.
Fight fatigue in the following ways:
1. Consistent physical activity can actually help by enhancing well-being, balance, endurance and weight loss. Exercises help release ‘endorphins’ in the brain that help reduce stress.
2. A nap in the afternoon can help you fight the day long stress.
3. Be careful with your medications: While few medicines such as aspirin can help with the management of fatigue, it is best to avoid fatigue fighting drugs. Review their side effects properly, lest they might add to your fatigue.
4. People bowed down with fatigue may experience more exhaustion in scorching climatic conditions. These methods would really help you to calm down. For instance turning on the air conditioning during the summer months, putting on light cotton clothes or a cooling vest, consuming cold beverages, swimming or taking a cold shower may rejuvenate you for the day.
5. You can also opt for physical or occupational therapies to help combat stress and fatigue. In occupational therapy, a trained professional helps you to simplify work, at home or even at the office, so that you can manage all work and yet stay do not feel bogged down by stress. In physical therapy, an expert aids you in performing the routine physical chores more effectively.
6. One of the most vital ways to manage stress and fight fatigue is to get sufficient sleep every day. Clocking 8 hours of sleep will give your body and mind the required energy to function optimally the next day.
7. A balanced diet with all the necessary nutrients can go a long way in managing stress and fatigue. Also, a cup of coffee will also give you your daily nicotine fix that can help you stay alert and rejuvenated.
I am 32 years. I have knee pain and joints pain. My vit D level is fine. What should I take to get rid of pains?
I am 21 years old male and I want to gain weight quickly what should I eat my present weight is 43 kg.
Hi Doctors, my mother is 59 years old she is having knee pain in both legs from past 8 years her weight is 104 kg, as per the recent digital knee scan in both legs their are gaps in knee joints .she hardly walk due to pain. She get a little relief from daily tablets .orthopedician have suggested to go for knee transplantation we have got information from many friends and relative as well as some doc about the knee surgery materials. Knee implants made of a metallic alloy, cobalt chrome, or of stainless steel wear out in about 15 years, while the new oxinium implants last twice as long is that .a well know orthopediciansuggested johnson.
Helo I am 28 years old girl and taking protein ex from last two month. Any harm of this or not. Can I take it in summer or not.
I am teacher. I does stand and speak whole day. So, I have tired so much due to energy loss. I have continuously weakness day by day. How I get instant energy. What can I use any supplement for instant energy.
With the growing market for organic products, there is a widespread confusion on which product to choose. The same dilemma holds good in selecting the type of bread. White bread or Brown Bread? People are not sure which one to eat to stay healthy. A few quick facts about the two types of bread and which one should be consumed to stay healthy, are given below
White bread is made out of refined wheat flour that has nothing to offer for the body. During the process of making white bread, the bran and wheat germ is removed from the wheat flour and Potassium Bromate, Benzoyl Peroxide or Chlorine Dioxide gas are used for bleaching to generate the whiteness. Potassium Bromate is highly dangerous if consumed in large doses. Chlorine dioxide is also used as a pesticide and is considered hazardous to the environment. When a large amount of white bread is consumed, the refined carbohydrates generate high levels of insulin thus, resulting in higher chances of weight gain. In spite of being globally popular, white bread is highly unhealthy for your body. It is completely devoid of nutrients and it is as harmful as table sugar for the digestive system.
The American Academy of Pediatrics has revealed that whole wheat brown bread is rich in nutrients compared to the white bread. One major factor contributing to the above-mentioned fact is the amount of fiber present in whole wheat brown bread. The increased fiber content slows down the digestion process and thereby, reduces the effect on blood sugar and production of insulin. Other nutrients that are present in brown bread include vitamin B6, E, Folic acid, Zing, Copper and Manganese. Brown bread has lesser amount of calcium as compared with brown bread. Many manufacturers claim that they produce brown bread with the same amount of calcium as in white bread. Whole wheat bread contains Phytonutrient also called as plant lignans that have been observed to protect against heart diseases and breast cancer.
Things to consider while buying Brown Bread
The declining demand for white bread has forced a lot of manufacturers to use caramel as a coloring agent to darken white to brown bread. So buyers need to carefully look for the ingredients mentioned in the packing to ensure that they are buying the right product. It is important to check the first ingredient to see whether it is whole wheat or whole meal flour. If the word "enriched" is used, it means that the same flour used for white bread is used. Look for the bread with the minimum ingredients to ensure that you get maximum nutrients and very little additives. Also, make sure the amount of the following ingredients are as given below; sodium should be lesser than 401mg, saturated fat should be 1gm and fiber needs to be 4gm per 2 slices of serving.
To conclude, when it comes to organic and fitness oriented scenarios, brown is always better than white. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
One of the most common scenarios that most people are faced with is a constant feeling of tiredness and lethargy even after you have had a full night’s sleep. The questions popping in your mind right about now is, why is this happening? Why does the lethargic feeling fail to leave you even after you had a proper 8 hours sleep? Why is your sleep getting into the way of your professional productivity? Though there are a number of different explanations to this constant feeling of cloudiness throughout the day, hence, experts in the field have listed down some of the factors that prove to be the major causes behind this condition.
Some of these most common and powerful reasons are listed below.
- Thyroid: The moment your thyroid levels start soaring, you will automatically find it difficult to keep up with the pace that your day to day life demands. The thyroid gland, which is placed right in front of the throat, is the size of the knot on your tie. This gland produces a hormone. When the activity of the thyroid gland, it starts secreting more and more of the hormones, leading to a condition termed as hyperthyroidism. The same gland when underperforms, it starts holding back the hormone secretion, leading to a condition called hypothyroidism. In both the cases the metabolism of the body slows down, leading to an increased level of tiredness even after proper sleep.
- Anaemia: Another leading cause of that nagging feeling of sleepiness and draining energy is Anaemia. Anaemia causes a certain amount of fatigue in an individual. The main cause influencing this situation is the lack of presence of enough red blood cells. The main function of these red blood cells is to transfer oxygen constantly from the long to the cells and tissues. A break in this process leads to you feeling weak and also short of breath.
- Diabetes: Diabetes poses a serious threat to the all over functioning of your body. It is termed as the slow killer and constantly works towards undermining the level of energy a normal individual can hold. This adversely affects your day to day life, including your performance at work and also performing your daily chores at home. The glucose in your body serves as a fuel for your daily activities. Since patients with type 2 diabetes cannot use this rising glucose in their blood properly, they end up being more tired than they ought to be.
Other conditions that lead to the same draining feeling and constant tiredness even after lot of sleep are depression, rheumatoid arthritis, chronic fatigue, sleep apnea, sleep inertia, periodic limb movement disorder, constant exposure to computer screens, tv screen, monitors, etc. There are a whole bag of other factors that lead to the constant feeling of tiredness that you are feeling. Before the end of the day, you are drained, your productivity drops and you cannot wait to hit the bed, and the same is the condition when you get out of bed. Consulting a general physician will not only help you put a finger on the cause, but also cure it with proper treatment.
Osteopenia is a medical condition that gradually causes thinning of bone mass. While the thinning mass is not considered as severe, the real danger looms when osteopenia aggravates to osteoporosis, resulting in a bone fracture. Osteopenia is mostly witnessed in people above the age of 50. The difference between the diagnosis of osteopenia and osteoporosis lies in the measure of bone density.
Osteoporosis, on the other hand, is the loss of bone mass due to the deficiency of calcium, magnesium, vitamin D and other minerals and vitamins. Osteoporosis can lead to broken bones, height loss, acute pain and humpback. It is estimated that over 54 million people in the US suffer from osteoporosis.
Bone mineral density (BMD):
The calcium deposit in the bone is measured by the bone mineral density (BMD) test. This test rightly estimates the chances of bone fracture in a person. Furthermore, it helps a doctor to distinguish between osteopenia and osteoporosis. Being non-invasive in nature, this test can be performed anytime on areas such as hip, shin bone, spine etc. BMD can either be measured by plain radiographs or DEXA. The latter is a form of X-ray that has lesser exposure to radiation. Post the test, a score is given based on the calcium availability of the bones.
How is a BMD comprehended?
Every BMD result is evaluated in the form of T-score. The T-score is derived by comparing the result of the BMD with a normal person in the 30’s having the same race and sex. The difference of score between a healthy individual and a patient affected with osteoporosis or osteopenia is referred to as Standard Deviation. A patient with a T-score in the range of (-1SD) to (-2.5SD) is considered a prime candidate for osteopenia. A patient having a T-score lesser than -2.5SD is diagnosed with osteoporosis.
Risk factor for osteopenia or osteoporosis:
While not everyone runs the risk of getting either osteopenia or osteoporosis, there are certain risk factors attached to it:
- Gender: Women run a higher risk of getting affected with osteopenia or osteoporosis.
- Race: Women who belong from the Caucasian or Asian origin run a higher risk of getting these diseases.
- Age: Most people tend to get these diseases above the age of 50. Humans have a tendency of losing close to 0.5 percent of bone every year after a certain age.
- Family history: A person with a family history of osteopenia or osteoporosis has more than 50% chance of getting either osteopenia or osteoporosis.
- Lifestyle: Poor diet, excessive smoking, alcohol, lack of exercising etc. goes a long way in contributing towards these diseases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a rheumatologist.
When I walk some distance .my knees are paining and also my foot .why and what should I do to reduce this pain.
I am 21 years old Male. I am lived in West Bengal, India.My height is 5'9" .My body weight is 54 kgs. Is it normal? If not how I increase my body weight. Please give me a suitable diet chart to increase body weight as quick as possible.
Because of desk job m suffering from initial stage of spondylitis and m having severe pain in shoulder and neck and there are lot noise are coming from my bones.
I am 19 years old boy. I am going to gym and I take calcium tab 500 mg daily. Is it good or not. Please help me. And tell me these tab will not cause any future defect in my body.
Amazing Power of Guava Leaves ! Excellent Obesity & Diabetes Tip !
Guava leaves helps in weight loss as it prevents the body’s complex starches from getting converted into sugars. The Carbs in our body are broken down in the liver and guava leaves prevents this process of Carbohydrates getting transformed into useful compounds.
Guava leaves are also beneficial for diabetes patients. It helps in preventing the body’s absorption of sucrose and maltose and thus helps in lowering blood sugar levels. Consuming Guava leaves tea regularly for more than 12 weeks can help in maintaining your blood sugar levels. It also reduces the production of insulin in the body.
Do follow for more easy to follow, kitchen & home remedies.
Do take Personalised/Customised Diet/Therapeutic Nutrition Consultations for best results.
Dt. Neetha Dilip.