Doctor in Madhu Homoeo Clinic
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Madhu Homoeo ClinicYour feedback matters!
Heartburn can be a very discomforting condition and affects almost everyone at some point in his or her life. This is a condition wherein the stomach acids back up through the esophagus resulting in a burning sensation, especially near the chest area. Quick-relief medications can help you deal with them for a particular episode. However, recurring deposits might warrant changes in diet and lifestyle. Some of the long and short term remedies are mentioned below:
Short term remedies to deal with heartburn
- Eat a banana or an apple: A few slices of banana and apples can introduce acids into your stomach which will counteract the stomach acids and thus help reduce heart burn.
- Use baking soda and water as a home remedy: This is another quick fix if you don’t have anything at home when suffering from heartburn. If you mix half to a full spoon of baking soda with water and then drink slowly, it will immediately help relieve symptoms. However, don’t make this a regular remedy as it may cause side effects such as nausea and swelling.
- Ginger root tea: Making tea with ginger is another great home remedy which can easily relieve heart burn.
- Chew gum when you have heartburn: This is helpful as the constant stimulation within the mouth due to chewing gum helps with saliva production. The excess production of saliva helps wash away the acids that have built up in the stomach. Once the acid recedes, it helps in relieving or eliminating heartburn.
- Aloe Vera Juice: Drinking aloe vera juice helps in relieving heart burn very easily. It helps control inflammation in both the esophagus and the stomach and relieves pain from heartburn. However, regular use isn’t recommended as it can act like a laxative.
- Change your Sleeping habits: Try to sleep on the left side of your body and ensure that your upper body is in a slightly raised position as this will stop the stomach acids form coming up into the esophagus.
- Watch what you eat, when you eat and how quickly you eat: It is advisable to not only maintain a fixed time of eating but also try to eat slowly as it give the stomach more time to adjust in digesting the food, thereby ensuring controlled secretion of the acids.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol: These are common triggers for heartburn and avoiding them will show results in a relatively short period of time. It is advisable to stop smoking and reduce alcohol consumption to once a week or even lesser.
- Wear loose fitting clothes: Wear clothes which are loose as this would free up your stomach. Tight clothing can push stomach acids up the esophagus and it is advisable to loosen up clothing to relieve symptoms.
In today’s world, we are going back to basics with a conscious effort to eat organically grown and home cooked food for a fit body. This is due to the fact that there has been a revival of many age old wellness movements like Ayurveda. Ayurveda is an ancient medical field that relies on the use of massages, oils and herbs for the resolution of various ailments. As per Ayurveda and other arms of holistic medical fields, green tea is an ingredient that is highly beneficial for the health.
Read on to know more about the health benefits of green tea:
- Antioxidants and Bioactive Compounds: Green tea consists of a number of bioactive compounds that can improve one’s health. These bioactive compounds include polyphenols like flavonoids and catechins which are best known as antioxidants. The formation of free radicals in the body is curbed by these substances which can further prevent aging and other ailments. The EGCG or Epigallocatechin Gallate is one of the most powerful antioxidants that can be found easily in green tea.
- Brain Function: There are also a number of brain boosting minerals and compounds found in green tea. These substances improve the brain function and keep away the signs of aging when it comes to this area. Caffeine is one of the key ingredients in green tea. This ingredient acts as a vital stimulant, which keeps the brain well functioning. Also, it has a positive effect on the neurons and neurotransmitters that are released by the brain. These neurotransmitters include dopamine and norepinephrine. In this way, green tea also reduces the risk of falling prey to conditions like Alzheimer’s Disease and Parkinson’s Disease.
- Fat Burning: Green tea is an excellent fat burning supplement that is fast gaining popularity in the weight management market. The various elements of green tea help in boosting the rate of metabolism and increasing the fat burning process. This is due to the fact that it increases the expenditure of energy to a great degree. Green tea is also credited with the mobilisation of various fatty acids that can be found in the fat tissue of the body.
- Cancer: Green tea also reduces the risk of cancer because it has a number of antioxidants. It helps in the prevention of various kinds of cancer including prostate cancer, breast cancer and even colorectal cancer.
- Dental Health: The substances that are found in green tea help in killing bacteria before it can infect one’s mouth. So, apart from cleaning the digestive system of various toxins, it also prevents plaque formation and tooth decay. It keeps dangerous bacteria like Streptococci Mutans away from the mouth and lowers the risk of caries.