Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Kurias Earth Ayurveda GalaxyYour feedback matters!
The skin on your body is an important organ which also has many important functions such as regulating the body temperature through perspiration, allowing you to touch and feel the world around us. The skin is a supple organ with folds and variations and different levels of thickness. To maintain its health, it is very important to keep it properly hydrated. Let’s look at a few ways that can be done naturally:
- Moisturize: This is an important step that many don’t follow and it is a very important part of skin care. Moisturizing is necessary in both dry and wet climates. What you need to be aware of is to change the type of moisturizer from season to season. It is better to moisturize with a lighter lotion and less often during summers while the winters would require a heavier lotion with increased frequency.
- Use humidifiers during the dry seasons: Many people may miss this trick, but it is a good idea to run a humidifier within the room during the dry seasons as it helps you to breathe better as well as keeps your skin hydrated. Also, when sleeping in air conditioned rooms, it is a good idea to run a humidifier to ensure that the cold air doesn’t dehydrate your skin.
- Stop taking hot showers for too long: This is another common reason for dry skin. Taking hot showers for extended periods of time will rob your skin of its natural moisturizers and result in dry, scaly skin. Too long and hot showers will strip the skin of its essential oils and thus result in it becoming scaly and dry. Preferably, take shorter and colder showers.
- Change lifestyle habits: One of the greatest disruptors of skin health are bad habits, such as smoking, drinking excessive alcohol and sun damage. Ensure that you have enough protection from the sun to stop sun damage. Smoking and alcohol both dry out our skin and thus result in you looking older as well as developing more wrinkles. Give up smoking and try to limit alcohol consumption to limited quantities.
- Exercise: Many of the skin related woes occur due to the lack of physical movement, which results in underlying conditions. These underlying conditions may not only cause the skin quality to deteriorate, but will also result in it being dry. It is important to exercise to keep the internal regulatory systems in best condition and keep the skin hydrated.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin related problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
It is often said that a human being is a social animal. While this is true, does this mean that all degrees of social attachment are completely fine? Honestly, no. In fact, attachment displayed by children, to a very great extent, can have an unhealthy impact on the child’s psychology.
Children are sometimes affected by attachment disorders. This results in the child not being able to manage emotions to a sufficient degree. In addition to this, a child may suffer from a lack of self-worth due to not being able to connect on an emotional level with another person. Can you imagine how damaging this could be for a child who is so vulnerable while growing up?
When a child has a negative experience in his or her relationship with a parent, especially early on, an attachment disorder can develop. All children need varying degrees of a feeling of security to develop in initially and this is gone when they feel helpless and uncared for; not good indeed, to say the least!
What are some specific things, which can lead to the development of attachment disorders? One of the prime examples would be the needs of the baby being met some times but not all of the time. What this leads to is a baby not really knowing what is to be expected. Another thing which has the potential to be a trigger for an attachment disorder is the baby being neglected in the way that no person interacts with him or her and as a result of this, the baby seems to have no option at all, but to feel lonely.
So, what can be done in order to be able to deal with this situation? To start off, it can be said that the person himself or herself needs to put in a lot of effort. Patience truly is key as it helps in the improvement process and a parent needs to stay calm at every step.
When it comes to interactions with the child, listening, talking and playing while eliminating distractions, allows the child the opportunity to open up. Also, helping a child identify the emotions that are felt helps a lot.
Bonding with the child and physical care by the way of holding and hugging provides a sense of care and security to the child. Adequate sleep and a sufficient diet for the child are very important, as is exercise. The diet should ideally be low on sugar and must consist of good fats, like those from olive oil and fish.
In Ayurveda, acne is known as YouvanaPidaka, where Youvana is youth and pidaka is skin eruption. Acne is related to both facial skin health and hormones and with Ayurvedic treatment; you can actually get rid of these.
Before you get treated for acne, you must know the causes of getting acne.
Causes of Acne:
According to Ayurveda, the following reasons may result in eruption of 'pidaka'.
- Too much intake of fried food that vitiates Pitta and Kapha.
- Using cosmetics that directly affect the facial skin.
- Waking until late night resulting in imbalance of bodily functions.
- Anxiety and stress that lead to imbalance in metabolism and release toxins.
- Changes that take place within the body during adolescence.
- Family history
All these may lead to over production of sebum that clogs the pores. Sometimes bacteria are also responsible for acne.
Hormonal imbalance is another cause that leads to acne on the face.
Treatment of Acne with Ayurveda:
There are certain things that can be followed at home so that you can keep your skin clean and clear.
- Wash your face thoroughly with Luke warm at least three to four times a day.
- Using herbs that are useful in detoxifying and blood purification. For instance, neem and turmeric have anti-bacterial effect that cleanses the area with acne and helps them heal quickly.
- Applying sandal wood or turmeric pastes that are complexion enhancer.
- Mind smoothening medicines and coolants.
- If there is hormonal imbalance, then get a therapy for balancing hormone.
There are different herbs that are useful for treating acne. They are
- Turmeric or haridra: it helps in reducing the oily nature of the skin and adds luster to the skin.
- Neem or Nimba that is well known for its blood purification properties.
- Berberis Aristata or daruharidra that helps in reducing the acne scars and helps to get a glow on the face.
- Hemidesmusindicus or sariva that is a good blood purifier.
- Sandal wood or chandan for treating the acne with a soothing effect.
- Red sandal wood or raktachandana that purifies the blood and improves the blood circulation.
- Nutmeg or jathiphala for reducing the scar marks of acne.
- Indian Gooseberry or amlaki that nourishes both skin and the blood.
- Ashwagandha, Shatavari, Ashoka that are well known for treating hormonal imbalance.
By adding these in your diet and stopping fried foods, you can see changes in the acne marks. However, still if you find that they are there, rush to an expert for better advice.
When it comes to the health of women, there is never too much one can do. The condition of amenorrhea, for instance, refers to the situation in which menstruation does not take place.
There are two kinds of amenorrhea, which are the primary form and the secondary. The primary refers to when menstruation has not begun in a girl who has reached 16 years of age. On the other hand, when a woman has secondary amenorrhea, what this means is that for over six months, menstruation has not occurred.
The reasons why primary amenorrhea may take place are quite varied. Tumours which affect the pituitary gland can cause it, as can an abnormality in the vagina or the uterus of a woman. Diseases such as polycystic ovary also have the potential to lead to amenorrhea. For secondary amenorrhea, a bad diet, stress and pregnancy can lead to it. But what can be done about it?
Treating Amenorrhea with Homeopathy
Homeopathy is a truly amazing field of medicine and it is so great that it can treat amenorrhea, as well. One of the many good things about making the right choice of a homeopathic treatment plan is that it is highly customizable, according to the case at hand.
There is no one medicine which is prescribed by homeopathy for amenorrhea, which correspond to the various causes of the condition. So, it can be understood why homeopathic medicine is customizable as it proves to be in the case of treating amenorrhea, as well.
There are a variety of homeopathic medicines which can be taken for amenorrhea. That being said, it is important to keep in mind the fact that these medicines should only be made use of after a qualified homeopathic doctor has checked the patient and approved of the medicine. For mothers who have not experienced menses after they started breastfeeding their babies, Sepia is the medicine which is usually recommended. In a similar way, Pinus lamb is recommended for women whose menses are delayed. While these happen to be a couple of very specific or niche medicines, a general medicine for amenorrhea is Pulsatilla. In fact, it is widely considered by doctors to be very effective.
When amenorrhea is caused on account of the suppression of menses due to a tumour which is present in the ovaries, most allopathic doctors would be very worried. However, homeopathic doctors would know that there is a solution designed for this very situation, which is known as Apis Mel.
Now that it is known that amenorrhea has not only a cure, but rather, multiple cures; the cause for worry is not really warranted!
I missed my period on 5 july. I used pregnancy kit, it shows positive result. Now what is my stage .sometimes I have pelvic pain also. I don't have nausea, fatigue.I am always energetic. Sometimes I feel very hungry .Is it sure, I am pregnant?
Does applying beard oily on face increase facial hair growth and beard improvement? Is it useful, or harmful after 50 years? Does it spoil your skin?
Sir I was 109 kgs a year back. I am now 68 kgs now after a year which I did from dieting and intense exercise. Last year I did my 2d echo and my lvef was 60%. I went for a routine checkup abd 2d echo showed lvef of 40%. I turned from a diabetic to non diabetic and also from a patient of high bp to liw bp. All my pathological test parameters are absolutely alrite. The corn angiogram slso says I have normal coronaries. I have heard that loosing weight improves heart functions but I fail to understand why it deteriorated in my case. I am totally asymptomatic and I have run two half marathons and one 10k in the last 2 months with no complaints. Doctor has advised me to stop running and gym and fo a 5 km walk everyday. I have been advised flavedon Mr. twice daily and cardace 5 mg daily. Please put light on my case.
I have to go for toilet to pass urine as many as minimum 5 times during night. I am facing this problem from long time, it doesn't usually throughout d 7 days in week, whenever I am out f my space I feel as normal as any other person, people r saying dat may b I am suffering 4m sugar but I hav no history of diabetes in mah family and my lifestyle is also not bad in terms of food intake n I also go 2gym 4m d last 1 month.
Hlo Doctor, I have very less facial hair. I got my testosterone level checked and it is 467 ng/dl. I hv seen endrocologist he suggest me to take depo testosterone injection 250 mg in 15 days gap for 3 months. I took 2 injections in 15 days gap. After second injection I have seen side effects like frequent urination and pain in bladder. So discontinue depo testosterone injection. And took medicine for urine problem which is fine now. My question is in how much time my natural testerone will restore in my body which may be shut off after injection since feel tired/sleepy at night. Also please suggest alternate for increase in testerone and facial hair.
Hi, I am struggling of my black colour skin. Is there any permanent treatment to lighten my skin. Yes means how long it will be taken, and how much of its cost.
Before three months I am suffering from typhoid and recover after two months at present I feel I am loosing my weight so I request you please give me suitable suggestion.
Sir I'm suffering from heavy hair falls, because I'm bathing with salt water that is reason or else?
Gum diseases are very common and occur in most of us at some time in life. Also known as periodontal disease, gum diseases happen to be a widespread condition in which your gums get swollen and feel irritable.
Gum disease is nothing very serious and there are several simple home remedies for a gum disease.
Here are the best home remedies which you can use to cure gum disease:
- Oil pulling: This method cures swollen and red gums and is also used in cases of reversing a gum disease, which causes bone loss. The procedure involves the pulling out of toxins out of the mouth and gums. Plaque build-up is also removed by this process. You can use organic oils such as sesame, olive oil or coconut oil. Oil pulling is an efficient remedy for gum disease.
- Sage leaf decoction: This process is an old folk remedy for curing gingivitis and gum diseases. You should boil 50 organic sage leaves in distilled water and gargle with the decoction more than two times a day. Use it as a mouthwash as well. You can also consume sage tea as another option. Sage contains antioxidants, which are anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial.
- Garlic and Turmeric paste: Using garlic cloves to treat irritated gums is effective. You can prepare a paste with garlic and turmeric and use it in the form of toothpaste. Garlic and turmeric contain antibacterial properties and are anti-inflammatory.
- Neem: Neem is a plant which can be used to treat gum diseases effectively. Neem can be used as a mouthwash or you can opt for neem toothpastes. Neem contains antifungal and antibacterial properties and is one of the best treatment options for gum disease.
- Mustard oil: Mustard oil is an old practice for curing gum disease and poor dental health. It helps in destroying bacteria present in the mouth and heals gum disease very fast. It also contains pain relieving properties and is antimicrobial and antibacterial.
- Aloe Vera gel: Aloe Vera gel is purely natural and accounts for great anti-inflammatory functions. Aloe Vera gel is used in cases of inflamed, red gums.
- Plenty of fruits and vegetables: Fresh fruits and vegetables are full of valuable nutrients, which help in keeping the teeth clean. Leafy vegetables should be consumed regularly. Consumption of plenty of fruits and vegetables also protects your teeth from the plaque buildup, and hence, gum diseases can be prevented.
Gum disease is a common dental condition. It is nothing to worry about and can be cured using several home remedies. In case of severe gum disease, you should visit the dentist.
Good breast health is very necessary for a woman to avoid the risks of getting breast diseases, most particularly breast cancer. But there are some common mistakes most women make without knowing that they contribute to the threats of breast diseases. Read on to know which common habits may be bad for your breast health and what lifestyle alterations you can make to avoid them.
1. Not taking requisite care of your breasts with increasing age
The chances of developing diseases like breast cancer increase with age, especially as you enter the 40s and 50s. Most women don't consider their chronological age with requisite seriousness and this can expose them to higher risks of breast diseases. As you hit 40, you should sincerely make it a habit to get regular clinical exams to maintain proper breast health.
2. Not considering an annual mammogram
An x-ray of the breasts is known as a mammogram which is usually performed to detect premature symptoms of breast cancer. Studies reveal that a large number of women do not consider getting an annual mammogram done even after the age of 40. Experts are of the opinion that this can be threatening to your breast health as a delay of even a few months can result in developed and undetected breast cancer symptoms. So, it is recommended that after entering your 40s get a mammogram done after every year.
3. Not keeping track of your weight
According to researchers, women who have bmi (body mass index) more than 25 are considered obese and have greater chances of developing breast diseases in comparison to women having a balanced weight. The risk rises due to increase in the formation of oestrogen caused by the greater number of fat cells. Increased level of oestrogen is responsible for the growth of 'hormone-receptor-positive' type of breast cancer. You should try to eat healthy and regularly monitor your weight to avoid obesity.
4. Avoiding exercise
Avoiding exercise can have adverse effects on your breast health. Studies prove that women who exercise for about 4 to 7 hours every week have lower chances of developing breast diseases. This is due to the fact that regular workout ensures limited blood levels of the hormone 'insulin growth factor' which significantly influences the growth and behaviour of breast cells. So, start exercising from today to stay fit and maintain proper breast health.
5. Drinking too much alcohol
Regular consumption of alcohol increases risks of breast cancer as it causes damage to the DNA in cells. Moreover, it raises levels of oestrogen and other hormones responsible for triggering 'hormone-receptor-positive' breast cancer. You can avoid this risk by keeping your alcohol consumption to moderate levels and reserved for special occasions.
6. Exposing yourself to too many chemicals in the form of cosmetics
Most women use too many cosmetic products containing certain chemicals that increase their chances of developing breast diseases. This happens because often these chemicals tend to disturb the hormonal balance of the body by mimicking or blocking certain hormones.
Behavior of a child should always be closely monitored during his/her early development. Sometimes signs of several personality disorders tend to show up early in life. Proper monitoring of the child's behavior helps to identify the signs and properly diagnose the condition if the child is suffering from any potential personality disorder.
Here are a few facts you should keep in mind:
- You might often find it difficult to differentiate between the normal and abnormal behavior of your child. You might consult the pediatrician in this case to compare the child's general behavioral patterns with that of other children in the same age group.
- It is very important to understand your child's development process. It helps you to interpret his/her behavior and to identify signs of personality disorder.
- There are a few common behavior patterns, which tend to act as a guide to understanding the behavior of your child. Some of these patterns should be encouraged as they lead to proper behavioral development of your child while patterns of negative behavior should be discouraged.
- You should also consult a doctor if your child shows negative behavior persistently even after disciplining measures.
- Being polite, doing chores on a regular basis, following instructions should be encouraged and rewarded as it helps in the proper personality development of your child.
- Behavioral patterns like an inclination towards defensive, regressive and aggressive behavior should not be encouraged but can be tolerated in certain situations like illness or in times of stress.
- Behavioral patterns like an increased inclination to violence or an excessive competitive attitude towards their siblings should never be allowed.
- Prejudice or racism, stealing or inclination towards substance abuse, angry outbursts point towards problems in the child's mental, physical or social well-being. You are also advised to take your child to a psychological expert to find out whether he/she is suffering from any sort of behavioral disorder.
- Your behavior also plays a major role in development of your child and his/her behavioral patterns. It is often seen that if a child is subjected to excessive physical, mental or emotional abuse or is engaged in too many curricular and extracurricular activities, he/she is likely to develop several behavioral disorders over time.
Manic depression, also known as bipolar disorder in recent days, is a major mood disorder characterized by hypomanic or manic episodes (deviation from one's usual mood along with abnormally high energy levels). Mania involves sleeplessness, along with psychosis, hallucinations, rage, grandiose delusions or paranoia. Mania or hypomania isn’t usually harmful to the patient and they might exhibit increased capacity for work and creativity. Depressive episodes however, can be debilitating and often life threatening as the person becomes self-destructive and suicidal in many instances.
The extent of mood swings can vary from extreme to very mild. They can occur progressively or suddenly and might last for few days to weeks. Patients affected by bipolar disorder may experience disturbances in thinking apart from depressive or manic episodes. Distortions of perception and impaired social functioning are also not uncommon. The cause of bipolar disorder is not fully understood like most mental health conditions and is often thought to be hereditary.
The extent of the seriousness of the bipolar symptoms varies from person to person. In some people, the disorder is not full blown and they don’t exhibit all the symptoms. Others who aren’t that lucky might have to be hospitalized multiple times in their lives as the symptoms creep into their work and personal life and make living a normal life a tough challenge.
Psychotic symptoms such as disorganized thinking, hallucinations and delusions might make a person do things that demand the urgency of hospitalization to keep them safe from their suicidal impulses. These symptoms might need to be urgently addressed by a psychiatrist and with the help of medications, the person might be able to regain control of their lives.
The symptoms of bipolar disorder are many and can be mainly categorized into two (sometimes overlapping) categories of mania or hypomania and depression:
Manic symptoms include:
- Grandiose delusions (delusion of grandeur)
- Racing thoughts which are often disconnected
- Sense of euphoria or false elation
- Irritability without cause
- Hampered social functioning
- Increased sexual inclination and risky sexual behavior
- Increase in talking volume or speed
- Impaired judgment
- Reduced sleep requirements owing to extra energy levels
- Increased productivity and creativity
Depressive symptoms include:
- Abnormal eating patterns like over or under-eating to the extent of severe medical complications accompanied by drastic changes in weight
- Difficulty in concentration, making decisions and remembering
- Lack of energy or fatigue
- Contemplating about death for prolonged periods of time and suicidal behavior
- Oversleeping, insomnia or early awakening
- Persistent pessimism
- Irritability and restlessness
- Feeling of hopeless and negative attitude
Mood stabilizers, such as lithium are commonly employed to treat bipolar disorder. Anticonvulsants, benzodiazepines and anti psychotics can also be used in the treatment. Along with medications, support from family and friends is of the utmost importance as they need to help provide all the support required in making the person functional and healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.