Weight Management Counseling
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Food Plan Preparation
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Child Nutrition Management
Healthy Heart Diet
Weight Management Treatment
Submit a review for Jana CareYour feedback matters!
Quinoa is considered to be one of the world's healthiest foods. It is gluten free and high in protein. It is among the few plants which contain all 9 essential amino acids. Quinoa is also rich in fiber, iron, potassium, phosphorus, Vitamin E, vitamin B and other beneficial antioxidants.
Here are 11 health benefits of quinoa:
- Quinoa comes in red, white and black colors. It is an edible seed and becoming very trendy among the people who are health conscious. It is loaded with the richness of many important nutrients.
- There are many trace nutrients present which are very healthy for the body. These include flavonoids which are basically the plant antioxidants which have beneficial effects on the health. Quercetin and Kaempferol are flavonoids and are found in large amounts in quinoa. Both these molecules have anti viral, anti inflammatory, anti cancer and anti depressants effects.
- Very high in fiber, much higher than most grains: It is high in fiber, but boiled quinoa has less fiber in it as it is absorbed by the water. It has almost 17-27 grams of fiber per cup.
- Gluten-free and perfect for people with gluten intolerance: A gluten free diet is considered to be healthy as long as the starches are not refined as this causes a problem. If gluten foods with refined sugars are consumed they are equal to consuming junk food. Quinoa is a natural gluten free product and is used in gluten free recipes. This increases the nutrient value and the antioxidants of the gluten diet.
- Amino acids make up the protein. Some of these amino acids are known as essential as we need to get them through diet. Many plant foods are deficient in some essential amino acids like lysine. But quinoa is an exception, as it contains all the nine amino acids.
- The glycemic index is usually done to measure the blood sugar levels. On eating foods high in glycemic index, it can stimulate the hunger and leads to obesity. The glycemic index of quinoa is 53 which is low.
- Certain nutrients like magnesium, potassium, zinc and (for women) irons go missing from the diet. Quinoa is very high in all these minerals, especially magnesium.
- Quinoa can lower blood sugar and triglyceride levels thus improving metabolic health.
- Quinoa appears to be very high in antioxidants, which are increased even further after the seeds are sprouted.
- Helps in losing weight as quinoa is high in fiber, protein and has a low glycemic index.
- Quinoa is very easy to include in diet.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
It is not always that fats are bad for us, they are even good at times that is fats help our body to absorb certain vitamins. However, too much quanity is not good for our. Read on to know reasons why fats are good for our health.
- Fats are considered to be the best source of energy that is derived from food for the body.
- Fats which contain medium chain fatty acids, like coconut oil, help in weight loss. The good fats, increase the fat burning, reduce unhealthy cravings, and prevent unhealthy storage of fat in the body.
- Fats from good sources are beneficial for weight gain in case of an underweight person.
- Fats are known to maintain the body temperature as they provide heat. Heat insulation is provided by the fat under the skin.
- The calories from the fat are saved in the body as a fuel.
- Fats, which are healthy increase the absorption of fat soluble vitamins like A, D, E and K along with mineral absorption.
- Carotene is converted to vitamin A by the good fat and this is good for the eyesight.
- Fats are considered to be good lubricants and prevent dehydration.
- A protective padding is provided by fat around vital organs.
- The healthy fats prevent the body from experiencing inflammation, thereby improving immunity.
- Healthy building blocks are formed for hormones and cell membranes by fats. The good fats are used by the body to build the cell walls. The 10 trillion cells in the body require fats to metabolize insulin.
- Fatty acids which are found in the healthy fats such as caprylic acid are believed to act as anti-viral substances and antibacterial by lauric acid.
- Stearic and palmitic acids are found in fat rich food which help to lower the cholesterol.
- Butyric acid which is found in some fats like ghee help in reducing the risk of cancer.
- Good and high quality fats help in memory enhancement, mental functions, and happiness and learning abilities.
- Fats like coconut oil, castor oil and ghee lubricate the colon and provide support in digestion and elimination process.
- Ghee is considered to have some medicinal properties as it has the ability to absorb nutrients from the herbs. These fats also carry herbs to the desired tissue or organ.
- Fat is believed to be a good source of food for the pregnant women as it helps with the development of the child's brain.
- Healthy fat rich foods are also dense in nutrients such as minerals, calcium and Vitamin E, A, D, K.
- Flexibility and endurance is promoted by healthy fats which is very helpful in people who work for long shift hours that are physically demanding.
Getting wet in the rains on the way to work usually means cold, flu,bodyache and absenteesim, avoid the common monsoon ailments, stay dry and healthy with these simple tips:-
- Keep a spare set of clothes to change into when you get wet.
- Drink lots of water: it flushes out the toxins
- increase your intake of vitamin C with foods like oranges,papaya,bell peppers, brussels sprouts,cauliflower,lemon juices,strawberries.
Be it measures for weight loss or a fit physique, in modern times, people are beginning to grow more health conscious. If you've already made the transition from burgers to broccoli, then you're possibly on the right path. Yet, following such stringent dietary measures can be a troublesome task. Considering such, the following foods that are mentioned tend to break the monotony of your daily diet and push you further into your quest for a healthier life. They are:
- Spaghetti squash: If you're a connoisseur of pasta, then take note. Spaghetti squash is a healthy vegetable that comes along with its very own noodles. It comprises of a wide variety of nutrients, which include vitamin C and A, along with being highly rich in potassium and calcium. Moreover, it also adequately provides your daily fiber requirement.
- Azuki beans: Azuki beans, commonly known as red beans, are rich sources of iron, magnesium and zinc. Along with such nutrients, it also overflows with folic acid, which facilitates the body in producing new cells and also aids in preventing DNA, changes which can result in cancer.
- Dandelion greens: Dandelion greens are packed with bunch of calcium, vitamins and proteins and can be usually used in smoothies and salads.
- Purple potatoes: All kinds of potatoes are packed with nutrients like vitamin C and potassium, but these delectable potatoes contain almost four times the quantity of antioxidants in comparison to normal potatoes. Furthermore, a study concluded that two helpings of purple potato can decrease your blood pressure by nearly 4% and can also decrease the risk of heart diseases.
- Chia seeds: These seeds, which are entirely grown for eating are packed with fiber, proteins and calcium. They are also rich in Omega 3 fatty acids, which lead to improved cardiovascular health.
Related Tip: "Top 6 Vegetables That Supercharge Your Immune System"