Doctor in G M Health Care
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for G M Health CareYour feedback matters!
Dr. Ninan Thomas Panicker - a very simple down to earth doctor who easily relates with his patients. We had the opportunity to get my father and father -in law treated through him. His expertise and approach gave us ample confidence and comfort. Truly one of the most revered doctors and one whom you could confidently refer to any one. Thank you doctor for the exemplary service you do for your patients. God bless you abundantly
Dr. Ninan Thomas is friendly, gives you time and listens patiently. I had a prostate surgery done by him and beginning with consultation before the surgery and the follow-up later he guided me through it all, giving me the clarity I wanted and building my confidence. I would gladly recommend Dr. Ninan to anyone looking for a Urologist's reference.
Dr.Ninan Thomas is one of the best Urologist in Bangalore and gives best treatment to the Patients and have had good experience with him through his treatment. Thanks Doctor
Dr. NINAN IS A VERY GOOD DOCTOR AND SINCERE TO HIS PROFESSION. HE IS A GOOD LISTENER TO HIS PATIIENT'S PROBLEMS AND GIVES BEST TREATMENT AT AFFORDABLE RATE.
Nirmal Bb Pavamani
Even in his busy schedule, he welcomes all patients with a cheerful smile.
outstanding, highly personalised care. Thank you docotr
He is the best urologist in Bangalore.
My creatinine ratio is 31.09 . I am on protein rich diet n do workout at gym do I need to worry or only drinking 5-6ltrs of water will help.
I have rectal pain from the past 10 days and it was severe pain while passing stool and bleeding. I have consulted a doctor and he prescribed some Amoxicillin antibiotic and zerodol tablet along with one stool softener syrup freelex. After 3 days also it wasn't reduced and he gave me another antibiotic with more power along with zerodol. Now it is a bit okay. He says it's fissure and needs surgery. Does it really required? Around 3 years back the same situation has come and I have used drotin tablet along with flagyl 400 based on the prescription by another doctor n it got cured in 4-5 days. Can you please suggest the permanent solution for this problem?
I have Severe Urinary tract infection and after taking ciprofloxacin clears then again infection occurs .l have done orcheoplexy surgery. please give me instructions.
Hello sir/madam, My wife is suffering from kidney stones. We don't want to treatment in hospital because most of doctors suggest us for operation. And we also planning for a baby now. I searched on internet for Aayurveda products and found Divya Ashmarihar Ras. Please let us know is this product is beneficial to us? Is there any side effects of using it while we are planning for a baby.
Hi, I have done kidney transplant 3 weeks ago. My immuno suppressant dosage is 4.5 mg in the morning and 4 mg at night. So Today in the morning I took my dose But feel like I have taken 3.5 Mg. So Can it be harmful for my new kidney Or Can it cause rejection? I am really tensed so please help me.
Hi, Now a days I am getting black poop. What is the reason for this problem. Is it danger to health. And I am feeling burning like sensation in my anus.
I am having prostate enlargement problem. I had taken medicines 'Silodal D tabs initially. Now l am taking Tomgress (0.4 mg)/Urimax-.4 mg tab one daily as per Urologist's advice. My sonography was done 3 times. But during urination at end urine is passed in small parts in drops. Time is required every time with burning sensation. Pl. Advice me in my problem.
After being diagnosed with prostate cancer, I have undergone orchiectomy. It is been 10 days now but the surgery location has not healed up and clotting in the surgery wound is not yet occurred. Often blood is oozing from the area. Why is it taking so long to clot?
Sir I am 34 year old male my weight 80 kg. My kidney size rt 9.8*5.3 and lt is 9.5*5.4 are normal or have some problem.
My sister aged 35 years blood pressure 140-160/90-110 (no medicine )no other medical condition recently having frequent urination and foamy urine. Urine for micro albumin and creatinine ratio shows. URINE FOR MICRO ALBUMIN :128 mg/l. URINE FOR CREATININE: 62 MG/dl. URINE MICRO albumin 206. 45 mg/gm of creatinine.
Hello sir, my father is 60 years old. And he is heart patient. Suddenly he suffering kidney problem. His kidney function test is not normal. The urea-193, creatinine-6.0, and uric acid is 21.1, doctor saying to dialysis. Please sir guide me. We don't go for the dialysis. We want to control with medicine. 6 month before that he not having this problem. Can we control and repair that problem.
She is 27 years old and She has cyst in both kidneys. Her family is thinking of her marriage. Will she face any problem in getting pregnant? Please advice
Hi. I did a blood test and urine test recently for my insurance. The report showed serum creatinine as 12 whereas normal levels should be less than 1.5. Direct and indirect bilirubin are 0.11 and 0.14 respectively. SGPT is 70. But insurance company got approved with this report. Should I have to go for a check up with this report or retest?
Dear Doctor, When I watching porn videos and talking with my future wife, while 2 or 3 drops of hard urine passes on every time. Is this serious to consult Doctor immediately. Thanking you.
Sir I am 34 year old male my weight is 80 kg. My kidney size rt 9.8*5.3 and lt is 9.5*5.4 are normal or have some problem.
Dear doctor, I am 23 years old l have got a kidney stone in my left abdomen so kindly recommend me how to cure this issue both medical and homeopathy.
Polycystic kidney disease is a disorder that is inherited; it is characterized by development of cysts in the kidneys. These cysts are round sacs that contain a water like fluid. Initially, the size of the cysts are small, they tend to increase in size after the fluid accumulation. This disorder can also cause cysts to develop in the liver and other parts of the body.
Symptoms and Complications
The most common symptoms of this disorder are back pain, headache, high blood pressure and kidney failure. It can also lead to formation of stones in the kidney, presence of blood in the urine and an urge to urinate frequently. It also make your kidney prone to various bacterial infections.
The disease is caused because of the presence of defective genes in the body, implying that this disorder is primarily hereditary. In some cases, the disease is caused by a genetic mutation. Based on the causes, it is classified into two types:
- Autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease: This disorder causes the symptoms to appear immediately after birth, although the symptoms are delayed until adolescence. This disorder only occurs when both the parents carry the defective gene which is passed to the offspring.
- Autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease: This disorder usually tends to occur only after the age of 30. Unlike the previous type, here only one parent needs to carry the defective gene that is passed on to the offspring.
The treatment of polycystic kidney disease generally involves dealing with the following signs:
- Pain: Chronic pain, usually in the sides of the body or the back, is a common symptom of this disorder. You can opt for pain reliving medication such as ibuprofen. If the cysts are large, then surgery is required to ease the pain.
- High blood pressure: High blood pressure is best controlled by a following a healthy diet and lifestyle. High blood pressure can damage the kidneys severely. Medications may also be required to control blood pressure, if it rises abnormally.
Are you experiencing symptoms such as blood in your urine, high blood pressure, an increased urge for urination, difficulty in urination or painful urination? These clearly indicate some problems or disorders with your kidneys. A kidney function test is a diagnostic test, which is carried out for detection of kidney problems. After proper diagnosis, treatment methods are considered.
Types of kidney function test
There are several types of kidney function test, which can be suggested by a doctor as these help in the estimation of the glomerular filtration rate or GFR. The GFR determines how fast the kidneys are eliminating waste materials.
- Urinalysis: This test is carried out for detection of the amount of protein and blood in urine. Protein may be found in the urine for several reasons, but all of them are not related to kidney diseases. This test is repeated after some weeks to notice the differences in result.
- Serum creatinine test: This blood test is used for examining whether creatinine is developing in the blood. The kidneys filter creatinine from the blood completely, and high creatinine levels indicate some kidney problem.
- Blood urea nitrogen or BUN test: This test checks the amount of waste products along with the amount of nitrogen in the blood. Nitrogen is obtained after the breakdown of proteins. Several common medicines, including some antibiotics, may increase the blood urea nitrogen levels.
- Estimated glomerular filtration rate: This test is carried out for estimating how well the kidney is functioning in the filtration of waste. The rate is determined by examining factors such as test results, age, gender, height and weight.
How are the tests obtained?
- A kidney function test requires a fresh urine sample and a blood test.
- A 24-hour urine sample helps in the determination of the amount of creatinine expelled by the body in a single day. Except morning, you should urinate in a special container given by your health provider. You must keep the container capped and refrigerated during the process of collection. You should label the containers properly.
- Blood samples are also required for undergoing BUN and serum creatinine tests. An elastic band will be tied to your upper arm, and a hollow needle gets inserted into your skin into the vein. The collected blood is sent to the laboratory for testing and analysis.
Kidney Ultrasound : Is a noninvasive diagnostic exam that produces images, which are used to assess the size, shape, and location of the kidneys. Ultrasound may also be used to assess blood flow to the kidneys. This ultrasound should be done every year to check the health status of the kidney during the full body check up. Ultrasound can detect cysts, tumors, abscesses, obstructions, fluid collection, and infection within or around the kidneys. Stones of the kidney and ureters may be detected by ultrasound.
In case you see any symptom, which indicates some kind of a kidney problem, you must consult a doctor immediately, who will prescribe you the necessary kidney function test required to be carried out. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!