Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Farington homoeo clinicYour feedback matters!
Unlike other teeth which erupt at specific period of time, the wisdom teeth, in normal adults, erupt anytime from late teenage years to adulthood. The refined food habits in the recent times have reduced the need for a third molar. Also, our jaw sizes have reduced with evolution, and oftentimes, there is less space for these to erupt completely, causing their impaction. The chances of infection developing within the tooth and in the surrounding tissues is very high, requiring removal. Before you go ahead with removal, know the following four things.
- Get a buddy: In addition to the effects of anesthesia, there also would be moderate pain and discomfort, depending on how traumatic the extraction was. It is always best to have someone accompany you for the visit. This also helps you reach home safely without having to drive.
- Numb tongue and lips: The wisdom tooth removal is done under a local anesthesia where the entire quadrant is numbed before the procedure. Therefore, the chances of chewing on the tongue and the lip are quite high. Be careful to consciously avoid this as there are a lot of people who do not feel pain, but continue to chew on the tongue or lip and end up with injuries.
- Pain Management: Once the effect of anesthesia wears off, the pain will slowly set in, and will depend on how traumatic the extraction was. It is always advisable to take a pain killer before the anesthetic effect wears off, usually 30 to 40 minutes after the extraction process is over.
- Diet: For the first couple of days, stay on a completely soft diet with nothing spicy, hard, or hot to eat. One of the best things to have after an extraction is an ice cream, which can be continued for a couple of days after the extraction. Yogurt, smoothies, milkshakes, mashed vegetables and well-cooked rice are all good food choices.
- Smoking: If you have had an extraction, avoid smoking for at least a week. The negative pressure created during smoking can dislodge the clot that is formed in the tooth socket. This can lead to a complication called dry socket, which can be very painful. Avoid smoking at all costs, especially with wisdom tooth extractions.
- Postoperative follow-up: Based on the complexity of the extraction, a postoperative follow-up would be required. Be prompt in following up with your dentist for suture removal, check on socket healing and postoperative irrigation of the surgical site. Resume routine oral hygiene practices as recommended by the doctor.
Wisdom tooth removal requires a little extra caution as compared to a normal extraction, the ideal thing to do is to follow your dentist’s advice.
Paan which is prepared using tender green betel leaf and areca nut is very popular and widely consumed in many countries of South and South East Asia such as India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Indonesia, and Malaysia. There are many variations to the preparation, some might contain tobacco, slaked lime paste also known as choona and a paste that is known as kattha which is a breath freshener.
The betel leaves used to make paan have a range of healing and curative benefits. The leaves contain vitamins such as niacin, riboflavin, vitamin C and many more. Chewing paan can, therefore, have a good impact on your health.
- Digestive Health: The chewing action when consuming paan helps to stimulate the salivary glands. This causes the secretion of saliva which contains the enzymes necessary to ensure that the food is properly broken down. This aids in a good digestion. Betel leaves are also very effective in relieving constipation. The extract of these leaves also have good gastro-protective properties and can, therefore, be used for treating gastric ulcers.
- Oral Health: The various variations or ingredients of paan such as the addition of cloves or fennel work as a mouth freshener. The betel leaf too helps to reduce or get rid of bacteria that cause bad breath. Chewing paan maintains ascorbic acid levels in saliva which can prevent and lower the risk of oral cancer. Ascorbic acid is an antioxidant which works to reduce the levels of free radicals in the body, this prevents cancer.
- Treatment for warts and boils: In the practice of ayurvedic medicine in India, betel leaves have been used as a cure for warts and boils. Treatments using betel leaves can permanently remove a wart without any scars. Therefore chewing betel leaves can help to cure and prevent boils and warts from forming in the mouth and other parts of the body.
- Treatment for common ailments: The analgesic properties of the betel leaf has made it very popular in traditional medicinal remedies in India for various ailments such as cough, headache and in the treatment of small cuts and wounds. The slight bitter taste of the leaf has an anti-diabetic property and can be used to control blood sugar levels.
- Treatment for skin disorders: The antimicrobial properties of the betel leaf make it a good natural treatment option for skin disorders such as rashes, acne, itching and body odours.
As with all things chewing paan can be both good but excess of the same can be bad. The health benefits of chewing paan are not widely known and they can be further enhanced by using ingredients that are good for your health.
Advancements in research have enabled scientists to make new inroads in the field of wound and tissue healing. The result of these researches is PRP, which is a natural way to rejuvenate your scalp, skin and stimulate your hair growth.
HOW DOES PRP WORK?
The presence of mesenchymal stem cells and autologous blood products in human blood contain specific growth factors that assist in tissue regeneration and healing. PRP has been used to heal skin and wounds for over two decades now. Apart from this it finds use in oral surgery, cosmetic surgery and neurosurgery as well. It is also the promising treatment to promote hair growth.
- It is a progressive healing treatment that doesn't require surgery.
- Simple, rapid and highly effective system.
- Autologous (from patient's own blood).
- The system is biocompatible and xeno-free, so there shouldn't be any safety concerns.
- Increase in the concentration of platelets can be observed.
- It helps in the elimination of undesired erythrocytes, which significantly decrease the fibroblast proliferation.
- Contains growth factors that help in the stimulation of growth of the hair follicles.
- Can be performed preoperatively, intraoperatively, or post operatively.
THE SCIENCE OF PRP
There are special cells called platelets used in PRP, that have been theoretically proved to stimulate hair follicles growth by stimulating stem cells and other important cells in the ecosystem of the follicles. They are instrumental in promoting the healing ability and regeneration of cells, formation of new cells and response to injury. PRP stimulates inactive or newly implanted hair follicles, and makes them active by inducing them into a growth phase.
Platelets are known to contain various structures, which are crucial for blood clotting and cell regeneration, and are released during the repair process by the body. Some of these structures are: glycogen, alpha granules and lysosomes.
WHO SHOULD NOT HAVE PRP TREATMENT?
Those with heavy drug and smoking issue should avoid PRP. Also those who drink a lot of alcohol should avoid PRP. Those suffering from platelets related ailments, sepsis, chronic liver disease, thrombocytopenia, hyperfibrinogenemia, systemic disorders and cancer should also stay away from PRP.
At length, PRP is a boon for all those who aren't fans of surgery or the ones who prefer a more aggressive but non-surgical approach for treatment to their ailments. The results might vary from patient to patient, but it is certainly one of the most promising technologies to stimulate hair growth and rejuvenate your skin, and the results are quite convincing. So decide wisely!
Stress has become a common problem in day to day life for a lot of people. Too much stress can result in premature aging and accumulation of free radicals within the body. Stress can also cause premature hair fall, wrinkles, exhaustion and frequent frustration. Ayurvedic therapies can counter stress and combat its physical toll on the body. Here is a list of few easy-to-follow Ayurvedic therapy techniques, which are extremely effective against stress:
- A stress-free start: It makes sense to start the day without any stress in mind. Ayurveda states that a full bowel movement is of paramount importance to start an effective day. Abhyanga, an oil message before having a bath, proves to be extremely effective. This should be followed by a 10-minute break so that the body can soak the oil. Lukewarm or hot water should be used to take bath. Some other yoga therapies such as pranayama, transcendental meditation, etc. can be practiced to get a head start on the day.
- Abhyanga: Abhyanga or an oil massage is a good stress resilient. In case there is a time crunch, neck, hand and feet region should be massaged to fetch great results. A moisturizing oil massage in these areas has a soothing effect on the body and mind.
- Meditation: It is a known fact that meditation by far is the best Ayurvedic therapy to counter stress. Over 600 studies have shown that meditation has a positive effect on stress. It can successfully cut down the cortisol hormone in the blood and the level of lactic acid in the body by increasing the level of serotonin. A 15-minute meditation schedule on a daily basis can do a world of good for people who are living a stressed life.
- Therapeutic aroma: It has been proven many times in the past that therapeutic aroma can successfully relieve stress in the short term. The choice of fragrance can be from the flower at home, aroma locket, aroma oil, perfume and so on. These aromas will not only give a feel-good factor throughout the day, but also ensure that the level of cortisol remains at an acceptable stage.
- Keeping hydrated: Keeping hydrated throughout the day is of prime importance to lead a stress-free life. Plenty of water along with time-to-time green tea relieves the nerve and has a soothing effect on the body. It is also necessary to forego beverages such as alcohol and coffee for long-term health benefits.
- Soothing music: Music has a profound impact on the nervous system, mind and on the overall human emotion. It creates a feel-good factor and relieves stress throughout the day.
What are the latest advancements in male contraceptions?
The drawback of surgical approaches (such as vasectomy), especially patient compliance and the low success rates with condoms has spurred research on hormonal contraceptive dosage forms. There is a dearth of investigations in the development of pharmaceutical preparations. Evolving technology in the 21st century as well as improvement in living standards further underline the need for new male contraception approaches, especially those that entail new drug delivery methods.
Here are few areas where male contraception is being researched and used in some countries
Hormonal contraception for men is possible, and we are at the threshold of an important breakthrough. Combined testosterone plus progestin administration is more effective and safer than testosterone alone. Combination of testosterone plus an anti-androgenic progestin has several advantages over other formulations. In combined therapy, single injection formulation may have better compliance.
- Conventional male contraception
- Abstinence (doesn't work well)
- Male condom
There are other methods being developed but not sure they are there yet. But for guys? Their options are stuck in a time warp. If a man wants to take pregnancy prevention into his own hands, his choice basically comes down to condoms, a vasectomy, withdrawal, or abstinence. That’s why it's so amazing that scientists are finally developing some real advancements when it comes to male contraception.
Researchers writing in the April issue of the Open Access Journal Contraception published a rundown of the top emerging options. A few hold real promise, particularly a daily or weekly pill that would deliver a dose of artificial hormones to a guy’s bloodstream, which would then act on reproductive hormones to stop sperm from being produced. Like the female hormonal pill, the male hormonal pill would be reversible. But also like the female hormonal pill, there appear to be side effects, among them acne, weight gain, and even trickier to work around, changes in testosterone levels that trigger a plunge in libido.
Non-hormonal techniques are also being developed, particularly a vaccine that immunizes men with antibodies to halt sperm production. This so-called male birth-control shot is encouraging, because it targets sperm directly (rather than targeting other hormones in the body) and doesn’t have the testosterone-lowering side effects of a hormonal pill. Each injection would last for long intervals (experts aren’t yet sure how long), but the pregnancy-preventing effects would be reversible, if and when a guy decides he’s ready to be a dad.
So when can you expect to see men rushing out to the pharmacy counter to pick up their new birth control Rx? “I think we may see a novel male contraceptive within 10-12 years, That may seem far off, but hey at least it’s finally within sight.
Infection is generally understood as the invasion into the body tissues of an organism by certain foreign bodies such as bacteria, parasite, and virus. They are transmissible diseases and can be transmitted from one person to the other via sneezing, coughing or physical contact. They can be mild, moderate or severe.
- They can be acute, that is, can last for a short time, or chronic that lasts for a long time, or a latent infection that may not cause any symptoms at first but reactivates and resurfaces over a period of time.
- Although each infection has its own distinct symptom. Generally, these symptoms include fever, swelling, redness, inflammation, burning, cough, diarrhea, fatigue, muscular pain, nausea, vomiting, rapid pulse or rapid breathing.
- If the patient has a severe headache, difficulty in breathing, painful swelling and unexplained prolonged fever or cough, he or she should immediately consult a doctor.
Conventional drugs that are given to treat infections like antibiotics, antiviral, antihistamines and steroids have many side effects on the human body. They on one hand hamper the digestive power of the system and on the other hand lower the immunity power of the body. In the long run, these medicines can have adverse effects on the body. Though conventional drugs suppress the disease for some time, the disease tends to resurface in the future.
However, Homeopathy has been found to be of great success in treating both acute and chronic infections. The best part is that, there is no side effect. Homeopathy also boosts our immune system so that the body naturally develops the strength to fight against infections in future, when foreign bodies invade. Homeopathic medicines have also proved to be effective as preventive measures against infections.
Some of the Homeopathic medicines for the treatment of most common infections are discussed below:
- Throat infections: Belladonna, Lachesis, Lycopodium, Phytolacca, and Mercurius are most commonly administered to cure throat infections.
- Skin infection: Common homeopathic remedies are Sulphur, Calendula, Hypericum, Silica, and Hepar sulfuris.
- Bladder infection: Berberis, Chimaphila, Hydrastis, Apis, Cantharis, and sarsaparilla are commonly prescribed.
- Stomach infection: Arsenic album, Nux vomica, Carbo veg, Lycopodium, and Pulsatilla are commonly recommended.
- Sinus infection: Kali bichromicum, Pulsatilla, Mercurius, Natrum muriaticum, and Allium cepa work well in cases of sinus infections.
Most of the Homeopathy medicines are prescribed on the basis of symptoms observed. So, Homeopathic medicines are prescribed, even before the definitive diagnosis is made. Thus, the time saved prevents the infection from spreading, and the patient is automatically cured rapidly.
Hello Doctor, I would like to understand Phimosis. What is the normal position of foreskin. Should it fully uncover penis head during sex? In my case it just open the entrance but doesn't uncover the head. Will it have any impact after marriage? Should I do regular stretching of foreskin or apply coconut oil? Please help.
चेहरा कितना भी चमकदार हो लेकिन अगर दांत पीले हों तो आकर्षण कम हो जाता है। चमकते मोती से दांत सिर्फ स्वस्थ दांतों के लिए ही नहीं बल्कि अट्रैक्टिव पर्सनालिटी के लिए भी जरूरी है । आपकी हंसी के साथ अगर आपके दांत पीले दिख जाए तो सरेआम आप हंसी के पात्र बन जाते हैं। दोस्तों खिलखिलाती मुस्कान के लिए मोतियों जैसे सफेद दांतों की जरूरत पड़ती ही है। चमकते दांतों से हमारी पर्सनैलिटी को भी नई पहचान मिलती है । पर आज के दौर में हम में से ज्यादातर लोग पीले दांतों से परेशान हैं तो चलिए हम कुछ ऐसे नुस्खे जानते हैं जिससे हमारे दांत चमकदार हो जाएं।
पहले दांत पीले होने के कुछ कारणों को जानिए जिसे अवॉयड करना चाहिए जैसे कि _
- हाई मात्रा में कैमिकल्स पानी
- तंबाकू और धूम्रपाम
- कलर्ड फूड्स
- अस्वस्थ आहार
आपको टीथ व्हाइटनिंग के तमाम बाजारू इलाज मिल जाएंगे कई ब्रांड के टूथपेस्ट, मंजन आदि पर इनसे ज्यादा प्रभावी इलाज आपको अपने किचन में मिलेंगे जो ना ही खरचेलू होंगे ना किसी भी तरह के साइड इफ़ेक्ट की आशंका से भरे तो चलिए जानते हैं टीथ व्हाइटनिंग के असरदार घरेलू उपचार।
दूध से बनने वाले उत्पादों का सेवन ज्यादा करें क्योंकि उसमें कैल्शियम होता हैं जो दांतों के लिए बहुत जरूरी है। चाय कॉफी का सेवन लिमिटेड मात्रा में ही करें।
2. पीपल की जड़
दांतों की समस्या को दूर करने के लिए पीपल के पेड़ की जड़ काफी कारगर साबित होती है। इससे आपको प्राकृतिक रूप से चमकदार दांत प्राप्त होंगे। आप इसे एक टूथब्रश की तरह भी इस्तेमाल में ला सकते हैं। पीपल की जड़ लेकर दांत साफ़ करें और इसे फेंक दें। इनके एस्ट्रिंजेंट गुण दांतों को चमकदार और स्वस्थ बनाने में काफी फायदेमंद साबित होते हैं।
स्ट्रॉबेरी में मैलिक एसिड मौजूद होता है, जो एक नैचुरल व्हाइटनिंग एजेंट है जो स्लाइवा के प्रॉडक्शन को बढ़ाकर दांतों को सफेद बनाता है। एक स्ट्रॉबेरी को मैश कर लें और टूथब्रश की मदद से दांतों पर हल्के से रगड़े और 5 मिनट बाद अच्छी तरह धो लें। ऐसा हफ्ते में एक बार जरूर करें। स्ट्रॉबेरी में अच्छी मात्र में एंटीऑक्सीडेंट और विटामिन सी होता है जो दांत सफ़ेद करने के मदद करता है।
ये तो हम सब जानते हैं कि तुलसी का प्रयोग घर में पूजा के लिए किया जाता है, पर इसके कई औषधीय गुण भी होते हैं। तुलसी में दांतों को चमकाने एवं दांतों एवं मुंह की समस्याओं को दूर करने के गुण होते हैं। दांतों को पीलेपन से बचाने के लिए तुलसी के पत्ते तोड़ें और इन्हें धूप में कुछ घंटों के लिए रखें। एक बार इनके सूख जाने पर इन्हें पीस लें। आप तुलसी की सूखी पत्तियों के साथ सरसों के तेल का मिश्रण करके दांतों की मालिश भी मसाज करें।
नमक में सोडियम और क्लोराइड दोनों शामिल होता है, जो दांतों का पीलापन कम करने के लिए कारगर है। हफ्ते में दो तीन बार नमक में सरसो का तेल मिलाकर दांतो का मसाज करें।
नीम में दांत सफेद बनाने और बैक्टीरिया खत्म करने के लाजवाब गुण पाए जाते हैं। रोजाना नीम की दातून से दांत साफ करें।
एक नींबू का रस निकालकर उसमें सामान मात्रा में ही पानी मिला लें। खाने के बाद इस पानी का कुल्ला करें। रोजाना ऐसा करने से दांतों का पीलापन और सांसों की दुर्गंध दूर हो जाती है।
8. बेकिंग सोडा
बेकिंग सोडा पीले दांतों को सफेद बनाने का सबसे बेस्ट घरेलू तरीका है। ब्रश करने के बाद थोड़ा सा बेकिंग सोडा से दांतों की मसाज करें और मुंह धो लें इससे दांतों पर जमी पीली पर्त साफ हो जाएगी।
एक गलास पानी में आधा नींबू निचोड़ें और इसमें रातभर दातुन रख दें। सुबह इसी दातुन का इस्तेमाल करें। इससे दांतों का पीलापन खत्म हो जाएगा। यदि आप प्रतिदिन दातुन नहीं कर सकते तो सप्ताह में एक दिन जरूर दातुन अवश्य करें। इससे दांत और मसूड़े स्वस्थ व मजबूत भी होते हैं ।
सेब की अम्लता दाँतों को सफ़ेद करने में मदद करती है। सेब अच्छी तरह से चबाकर खाएं। इसमें तंतु की अच्छी मात्र होती है जो दांतों को सफ़ेद करने में मदद करती है।
11. लकड़ी का कोयला
रोज के टूथपेस्ट में लकड़ी के कोयले का पाउडर मिलाएं और इससे हल्के हांथो से दांत सांफ करें । कोयले के पाउडर का दिन में 2 बार इस्तेमाल करने से आपके दांत चमकने लगेंगे।
12. संतरे का छिल्का
संतरे का विटामिन सी दाँतों के कीटाणुओं को मारता है। यह दांतों को मजबूत और ज्यादा सफ़ेद करता है। तो अब से जब भी मौका मिले रात को सोने से पहले संतरे के छिलके से दांत घिसें।
13. केले का छिलका
केला पोषक पदार्थों से भरपूर होता है। केले के छिलकों से भी कई लाभ मिल सकते हैं। केले के छिलको में पोटैशियम, मैग्नीशियम और मैंगनीज़ जैसे पोषक पदार्थ मौजूद होते हैं। इन पदार्थों की मदद से आपके दांत चमकदार बन सकते हैं। केले का थोड़ा सा छिलका लें और इसके सफ़ेद भाग को दांतों पर 2 से 3 मिनट तक घिसें। इसके बाद इसे 15 मिनट के लिए छोड़ दें और किसी अचछे टूथपेस्ट से दांतों को साफ़ करें। 2 से 3 हफ़्तों तक ऐसा करने पर आपको बेहतर रिजल्ट नजर आने लगेगा।
किशमिश इस्तेमाल से आपके पीले दांत सफ़ेद हो सकते हैं। जब भी आपको समय मिले तो किशमिश चबाना शुरू कर दें। इससे मुंह के अंदर लार बनेगी और प्लाक पूरी तरह हट जाएगा।
15. दूध और दही
आपके दांतों को अच्छे से स्वास्थ्य के लिए कैल्शियम और फॉस्फोरस की आवश्यकता होती है। आप दूध और दही के मिश्रण की सहायता से पीले दांतों की समस्या को दूर कर सकते हैं। इससे आपके दांतों के इनेमल में खनिज की मात्रा दोबारा भर जाती है। चमकदार दांतों के लिए यह काफी बेहतरीन उपाय है।
एक बात का ध्यान रहे कि गलत खान-पीन की वजह से भी दांतों में पीलापन आता है। फास्ट फूड, मीठा हमारे दांतों पर चिपक जाता हैं जो दांतों को पीला बनाता है। सबसे पहले तो अपने खान-पान का ध्यान रखें। ऐसे फल और सब्जियों को खाएं जिन्हें चबाने की जरूरत पड़े।
पीलिया नाम की बीमारी ऐसी है जो कभी न कभी हर किसीको हुई होती है। पीलिया जिसे हम जॉइंडिस नाम सेभी जानते हैं,यहबीमारीइतनी आम है कि गर्मियों के मौसम में सबसे ज्यादा होने वालीमुख्यबीमारियों में से यह एक है। पीलिया होने की सबसे अहम वजह है भारी गर्मी में बार बार प्यास बुझाने के लिए बाहर का प्रदूषित पानी पीना। मतलब आप समझ ही गए होंगे कि पीलिया होने की वजह है गंदे पानी और दूषित भोजन का सेवन। पीलिया आमतौर पर हेपेटाइटिस ए वायरस की वजह से होता है जो दूषित या संक्रमित खानपान से फैलता है। यही नहीं कई और बीमारियां हैं जिनके होने से लिवर पर असर पड़ता है, जो पीलिया होने की एक और वजह हो सकती है।पीलिया बच्चे बूढ़े किसीको भी हो सकता है। बस इसके होने की वजह और लक्षण के बार उम्र के हिसाब से अलग अलग नजर आते हैं। पीलिया वैसे तो प्राणघातक नहीं है पर अगर ज्यादा देर हो जाए तो खतरा बढ़ जाता है। इसलिए जरूरी है कि समय रहतेपीलिया का जल्द से जल्द लक्षण जानकर उसका इलाज किया जाए। अब आप लक्षण की पहचान कैसे की जाए इस सोच में ना पढ़ें क्योंकि आज हम आपको पीलिया के बारीक से बारीक सिम्पटम्स बताएंगे जिससे सही समय पर उपचार करके खुदको स्वस्थ और सुरक्षित रख सकेंगे।
पीलिया के सिम्पटम्स
1. नवजात शिशु को पीलिया
नवजात शिशु को होने वाला पीलिया वयस्कों को होने वाले पीलिया से काफी अलग होता है। शिशुओं को पीलिया लीवर की बीमारी की वजह से नहीं होता। बच्चों का लीवर इतना सक्षम नहीं होता कि वो वयस्कों के लीवर की तरह बिलिरुबिन को कम कर सके। इस वजह से रक्त में बिलिरुबिन जमा हो जाता है और पीलिया हो जाता है। बच्चों में होने वाले पीलिया के सामान्य लक्षण आंखों व त्वचा का पीलापन, अनिद्रा, भूख में कमी और बहुत तेज़ रोना आदि हो सकते हैं।
2. शरीर और आंखों का पीला होना
पीलिया शब्द ही पीले रंग से लिया गया है। त्वचा और आंखों के सफेद भाग का पीला हो जाना इस बीमारी का सबसे बड़ा लक्षण है। ऐसा बिलिरुबिन का स्तर गिरने के कारण होता है जो कि एक ऐसा पिगमेंट है जो लीवर में रेड ब्लड सेल्स नष्ट होने से पैदा होता है। इसलिए कोई भी बीमारी जो लीवर के सिस्टम को प्रभावित करती है उसमें भी बिलिरुबिन का स्तर ऊंचा हो सकता है और उसका प्रभाव त्वचा पर दिख सकता है।
3. स्टूल में चेंजेस
जिस इंसान को पीलिया होता है उसके बिलिरुबिन की अत्यधिक मात्रा का अधिकतर हिस्सा यूरीन में निकल जाता है लेकिन जितना हिस्सा बचता है वो पूरे शरीर की कोशिकाओं में फैल जाता है। और इसी वजह से स्टूल का रंग बदल जाता है।
4. पेट में दर्द होना
पीलिया बिले डक्ट में बिलिरूबिन की रूकावट के कारण भी हो सकता है। ये रूकावट आमतौर पर गालस्टोन के रूप में या फिर बाइल डक्ट में सूजन के कारण होती है। इससे पिगमेंट का स्तर बढ़ जाता है। बहुत से लोगों को ऐसे में पेट दर्द होता है। आमतौर पर ये दर्द पेट के दाहिने तरफ होता है।
5. पेशाब का रंग गहरा होना
आमतौर पर ऐसा होता है कि लाल रक्त कोशिकाएं बिलिरुबिन में और फिर बाइल कहलाने वाले एक पिगमेंट में बदल जाते हैं। बिलिरुबिन के असामान्य स्तर होने पर यूरीन में बाइल पिगमेंट की मात्रा बढ़ जाती है। इससे यूरीन का रंग गहरा हो जाता है।
6. वोमिटिंग होना
पीलिया में उल्टी और मतली की शिकायत भी हो सकती है। अगर इसका इलाज ठीक प्रकार से न किया जाए तो आगे चलकर ये समस्या बहुत बड़ी भी हो सकती है।
7. शरीर में इचिंग होना
कोलेस्टासिस की वजह से जिन लोगों को पीलिया होता है उनको खुजली की शिकायत भी हो जाती है।शुरुआत में खुजली हाथों में होती है और फिर पैरों में। फिर धीरे धीरे पूरे शरीर में फैल जाती है। रात को खुजली की ये समस्या काफी बढ़ जाती है।
8. नींद में प्रॉब्लम होना
जिन लोगों को पीलिया होता है उनमें नींद से जुड़ी समस्याएं काफी आम है। साथ ही, भावनात्मक कष्ट भी महसूस हो सकता है।
9. ज्यादा थकान लगना
जिन लोगों को पीलिया होता है उनमें सबसे सामान्य लक्षण थकान है। ये आमतौर पर प्राइमरी बाइलिअरी सर्होसिस, प्राइमरी स्केरोसिंग कोलेंजाटाइसऔर बाइल डक्ट सिंड्रोममें होता है।
10. दर्दरहित पीलिया
जब पीलिया में दर्द महसूस नहीं होता तो संभव है कि बालइ डक्ट में रुकावट आ रही हो। इस तरह के मामलों में पीलिया में, त्वचा पीली होने के साथ साथ, वजन घटना या दस्त या कब्ज़ जैसे लक्षण भी सामने आते हैं।
- Chances are you've never heard of vaginismus (or, as it is now known, genito pelvic pain penetration disorder) before. Why? Because it's the disorder nobody wants to talk about, least of all those whom it most affects - women. Vaginismus is musculature of the outer third of the vagina, which interferes with coitus and causes distress and interpersonal difficulty.
- Among the male factor infertility, erectile dysfunction was found to be the top ranking cause accounting for 79.37% followed by premature ejaculation 12.01%, Lack of sexual desire 3.92%, homosexual orientation 2.79%, sexual aversion disorder 1.31% and disorders of sexual preference 0.61%.
- Vaginismus is believed to be a psycho-physiologic disorder due to fear from actual or imagined negative experiences with penetration and/or organic pathology. Women with vaginismus have also been noted to have a lack of sex education. Vaginismus was the 63.9% , ed 11.9% , PME 8.3% , low male sexual desire 2.7%, low sexual desire in female 13.9% dysfunctional underlying non consummation of marriage is largely treatable. Adaptation to the situation usually occurs and associated factors add to the primary cause. Treatment of the underlying dysfunction can challenge the relationship.
- Sexual dysfunction is a common problem which leads to inter-personal problems and marital discord. defined as recurrent or persistent involuntary spasm of the with coitus and causes distress and interpersonal difficulty.
Treating vaginismus merits a two-front approach which includes behavioral sex therapy techniques and relational intervention. When appropriate, the behavioral intervention consists of prescribing dilators (from smallest to largest) that the wife is to use in the privacy of her own home to gradually desensitize herself to penetration (the fourth and usually largest dilator is roughly the size of a penis). While the husband may be called upon to help his wife insert the dilators (depending on his wife's comfort level), for the most part his job is to ease off the pressure for her to perform, be supportive, and try to understand his role in the marital dynamic (usually an enabling one) and the associated symptom.
Ascribing to a psychodynamic model of treatment, is helpful for a couple to understand where their symptom came from, but I'll admit this is not always necessary for them to achieve a positive outcome. Nevertheless, employing the psychodynamic systems approach to uncover any conflicts that might be behind or exacerbating the vaginismus. These underlying causes may include prior sexual abuse, chronic control struggles experienced in the family of origin, negative messages or beliefs about sex emanating from the family of origin, religious values that conflict with sexual pleasure, to name a few. I also pay close attention to the couple's interactional style in order to assess whether it, too, is a contributing factor.
What causes it?
- "Both [primary and secondary conditions] are psychologically based. "It's a physical condition, but it's a psychological condition as well.
- "To treat it correctly, you need to treat both the physical and psychological aspects."
- while there are many hypotheses on possible causes, its actual etiology is unknown, probably in part due to the fact sufferers are so reluctant to come forward.
- "It's a really complex thing, And while it is influenced by many things -- there are lots of hypotheses -- the big link, for primary vaginismus anyway, seems to be strong correlation between being raised in a religious environment.
- "This may be due to several factors including lack of information, insufficient premarital education, a cultural context strongly proscribing sexual behavior, and the expectation that intercourse take place immediately after the wedding, necessitating a radical shift from sexual abstinence to sexual intercourse.
- Often the anxiety resulting from repeated attempts at intercourse contributes to the sexual dysfunction. One or both partners may be anxious that penetration will be painful, that there will be bleeding, or that the woman will get pregnant. While a certain amount of anxiety surrounding sexual activity is normal, when one or both partners are overly anxious, sexual function can be affected in the following ways: The male partner may have difficulty maintaining an erection strong enough to allow penetration or he may lose his erection just prior to intercourse. Anxiety may contribute to premature ejaculation, also just prior to reaching penetration. Anxiety may prevent the woman from relaxing enough to allow penetration. She may close her legs or contract her vaginal muscles. This presentation is referred to as vaginismus, defined as the persistent or recurrent difficulty of a woman to allow vaginal entry of a penis, a finger, and/or any object, despite her expressed wish to do so. While anxiety may indeed be a factor contributing to and perpetuating many sexual problems, there are many components to sexual problems, including physiological ones. Therefore, each partner in a couple presenting with an unconsummated marriage should undergo a physical exam.
- Physical presentations of the female partner that might prevent intercourse can include sexual pain disorders such as localized vulvodynia, also known as vulvar vestibulitis syndrome. This fairly common condition is characterized by pain with touch at the entry to the vagina, which can prevent intercourse. A woman's hymen may be a barrier to intercourse. Some women have a very thick hymen, or a septate hymen, which is a thin piece of membrane running vertically which separates the vagina in to two sides. While most of these conditions can be addressed with sexual counseling and physical therapy, including use of vaginal dilators, in most cases a septate hymen needs to be repaired surgically.
- Frequently, lack of knowledge about sexual anatomy and physiology may contribute to a situation whereby attempting intercourse feels awkward and un-natural. Often all that is needed is some basic anatomical information and positioning advice. For example, a couple may report that the woman's vagina feels dry and excess friction prevents intercourse. In this case, the couple may be advised to ensure that intercourse take place when the woman is sufficiently aroused after plenty of exciting foreplay. Over the counter lubricants may be very helpful. While some people are physically active, very aware of their bodies, and comfortable with movement, other people are less so and may simply have not figured out how their bodies move in order to comfortably find a position for intercourse. One or both of the partners may have mobility problems or difficulty getting in to or maintaining a position. A woman may have difficulty keeping her legs open or a man may not be able to hold his weight up on his arms. In these cases as well, consultation with a physical therapist may be helpful in providing exercises and positioning advice.
- While behavioral solutions may be found for many couples, it is important to note that couples in unconsummated relationships, particularly of long standing duration, may benefit from couples therapy directed by a competent Sexologist. A doctor working with such a couple may wish to gain understanding in how the couple presents and organizes around the problem: How is the presenting problem perceived by each partner? Is there attribution of blame? What is the significance of the dysfunction itself and how is that perceived by the couple? Who is aware of this situation and in what way is outside intervention (community, parents, and religious leader) perceived in assisting or perpetuating this condition? Identifying the various factors contributing to the condition and dealing with them with physical, psychosexual, and couples therapy, may be the key to consummation and the commencement of a satisfying intimate life.
"So we are talking about people who are raised in conservative faith, who may not have looked at their anatomy in the mirror," Small continued. "They haven't touched themselves, they haven't looked at themselves -- they may view the entire thing as being dirty."
"In terms of the secondary form, this is a result of some kind of trauma or sexual issue, and can be triggered by something later on.
"Women don't talk about it. They learn to live with it. I've seen cases where women have been married or in relationship for up to 12 years and only present when they want to have children."
- Women don't talk about it. They learn to live with it. I've seen cases where women have been married or in relationship for up to 12 years and only present when they want to have children.
How to treat it
- Most women who experience vaginismus choose to live with it rather than come forward and have it treated. Even those in long-term relationships may try to conceal what is happening from their partner or forgo sexual relations all together.
- "If they don't do that, they cut that part of intimacy out of their relationship altogether and choose to shut down any intimate feelings they might have. They end up having a very different kind of relationship.
- "What is important to say is there is a cure and they can be helped. That's the message that needs to get out there. Treatment for vaginismus have included systematic desensitization along with insertion of graded dilators/fingers11, drugs like anxiolytics, botulinum toxin injection,12
- and sex therapy. An In the Indian scenario where the talk about sex is taboo and limited among partners it becomes very essential to first improve their communication so as to improve the sex related issues. eclectic approach involving education, graded insertion of fingers, Kegel's exercises and usage of anaesthesia with vaginal containment was tried.
- As Small previously mentioned, the best approach in terms of a cure is to seek both psychological and physical treatment.
- For the psychological side of things, she recommends seeking out a competent female sexologist.
- Physically, many women are taught how to use vaginal dilators in conjunction with relaxation techniques.
- "With vaginal dilators, basically how they work is you start off very very small, and then, using relaxation techniques, slowly work your way up in terms of size.
- "It's imperative these women have a gentle introduction and remember they are in control of the situation.
- "There is also something called saturation therapy which is often undertaken with their partner. Using dilators, they are able to discuss their mental state and what their thoughts are at any stage. There has actually been incredible results with that. Something like 90 percent of participants report sexual success afterward." there has been some preliminary research done into the effectiveness of Botox, but states at this stage, the research is still too new to offer any kind of conclusive evidence.
Steps to take
- If you think you or your partner might have vaginismus, it's extremely important to understand treatment is available, and, better yet, comes with a high level of success rates.
- "The first step is to see a competent female sexologist. "It is one of those things that, when it presents, it is pretty obvious it is on a psychological basis.
- "A sexologist may double-check everything is okay, but typically what they will find is anatomically they are fine and everything is in order and working -- the cause stems from a psychological basis.
- "The big thing about it is it's treatable, and it is possible to lead a really fulfilled life.
Gone are the days when back pain affected a person only in their old age. Nowadays, almost every second person suffers from some kind of a backache. From sedentary lifestyle to certain diseases and ailments, the back pain can result from the amalgamation of various factors, making the condition painful (mild to chronic) and uncomfortable to the hilt. In this article, we will mainly stress upon the factors responsible for a back pain.
Underlying factors that often triggers a back pain
More than often, prolonged and chronic back pain interferes with the daily activities of a person, thereby jeopardizing their lives. For a proper treatment and management, one should first identify the factors responsible for the back pain. Some of the common and critical triggers include
- Sciatica: Sciatica is a neurological disorder whereby an inflammation or injury of the sciatic nerve (considered the largest nerve in the body) triggers numbness and a shooting pain that moves downwards, often from the lower back (the lumbar region) through the buttocks and hips into the back of one leg. Sometimes, a person may experience a pain down both the legs.
- Osteoarthritis of the spine: This is a painful degenerative disorder of the spine that mainly affects the neck and the lower back. Here, the cartilage of the discs and joints (lower back and neck) are damaged causing pain and weakness. In some people, the pain is so severe that it limits their motion to a great extent.
- Lumbar spinal stenosis: Stenosis of the lumbar spine results in severe back pain, especially in the lower half (lumbar area), triggered by narrowing down of the spinal canal.
- Osteoporosis of the spine: This is a bone disorder where the bones become so porous, thin and weak that they start to crack and break (including those of the spine), a condition known as vertebral compression fractures. These fractures are a common cause of weakness and back pain.
- Shingles: This is a viral infection (varicella-zoster virus) characterized by the appearance of a rash which is often painful. Shingles can occur in any part of the body including the spine. The viral infection in the spine is what triggers the back pain.
- Spinal Cancer, muscle spasm or ligament tear and strain on the back can give rise to back pain.
- Back pain can also be an outcome of rupture or disorder of the discs that act as a defensive shield between the spinal vertebrae.
- Leading a sedentary life can be dangerous, often causing back pain.
- People who are overweight or obese (especially the lower half) are known to suffer from a back pain.
- In many people, rigorous exercise and physical activities can be a major contributing factor, triggering a back pain.
- Women who wear high heels are more susceptible to developing a back pain.
- In addition to these, bad posture, stress, a poor quality mattress can equally contribute to back pain.
- Do not neglect the condition if the pain persists for more than a week. Get medical assistance to avoid further deterioration and complication.
Gallstones are a medical condition in which the formation of stones takes place in the bile duct or the gallbladder. One of the major factors responsible for the formation of gallstones is an elevated excretion of cholesterol by the liver, most of which remains undissolved by the bile. The undissolved cholesterol may crystallize resulting in the formation of gallstones (yellow cholesterol stones, a condition termed as Cholesterol Gallstones). In some cases, increased level of bilirubin in the bile (triggered by a liver problem, liver damage or other medical conditions), which doesn't undergo a breakdown, may lead to stone formation (known as Pigment Gallstones). Here, the stones appear black or dark brown in color.
Gallstones are common among women, especially those who are 40 years and more. Obesity, diabetes, liver disorders, unhealthy diet (rich in fats and cholesterol), certain medications (those containing estrogen) can also trigger the formation of gallstones. Gallstones left untreated and unattended can give rise to serious complications such as blockage of the pancreatic duct (resulting in Pancreatitis) or the bile duct. There may also be inflammation of the gallbladder. In extreme cases, a person may even suffer from something as serious as Gallbladder Cancer.
Laparoscopy to remove the gallstones
- While a lot of treatments and medications are available to deal with gallstones, most people opt for Laparoscopy. What makes laparoscopic surgery superior to the other open surgeries is that it is minimally invasive with a better and quick recovery. Also termed as Cholecystectomy, the laparoscopic surgery for the removal of gallstones as well as the gallbladder involves the following steps.
- General anesthesia is given to the patients before the surgery.
- The surgeon makes 3-4 small incisions in the abdomen.
- The surgeon then inflates the stomach to get a better view of the internal organs (including the organs affected). Carbon dioxide gas is passed into the stomach to inflate it.
- In the next step, the surgeon carefully inserts a laparoscope (a narrow and long tube that comes with a high-density light and a front camera with a high-resolution) through one of the incisions (usually the one close to the belly button) to aid in the surgery.
- Nex,t the surgeon inserts the surgical instruments needed to get the gallstones and the gallbladder removed.
- Before the surgical removal of the gallstones and the gallbladder, an important X-ray of the bile duct called the Intraoperative Cholangiography (shows the bile duct anatomy) is done.
- With the gallbladder and the stones removed, the laparoscope and the surgical instruments are then removed and the incisions stitched carefully.
- The gallbladder is known to store the bile pigment. With the removal of the gallbladder, there is a small rearrangement. The bile pigments now move from the liver into the small intestine via the bile duct.
- The patients may require spending 1-2 days in the hospital. The patient is expected to be in a better shape (less discomfort) within 2-3 weeks.
- In case complications arise during the surgery, the surgeon may have to switch onto an open surgery.
For women, hair are not just fibres, but an expression of beauty, style, and personality. Losing your hair can really freak you out. Whether it's short-term or long-term, women lose hair the same way men do. It might thin all over, or your centre part could get wider and wider.
How Does Hair Grow?
Your scalp has about 1,00,000 hair. Each one has its own life cycle. A follicle produces a single hair that grows at a rate of half an inch per month. It stays for 2 to 6 years, then stops for about a month. When the next cycle starts up, that hair falls out. At any given time, most of your hair are in the growth phase.
How Much Hair Loss Is Normal?
Most people shed about 50-100 hair every day. But if it starts to fall out in clumps or if you notice it getting thinner over time, see a Dermato-Trichologist.
Major Hair Loss Triggers in women:
- Thyroid Problems: If the thyroid makes too much or too little thyroid hormone, you may develop progressive thinning of hair all over the scalp.
- PCOS: In polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), your body makes more male hormones, or androgen, than it should. This can cause the extra hair on your face and body while the hair on your head thins out.
- Childbirth: Hair seems fuller during pregnancy because high hormone levels keep resting hairs from falling out. But after the baby comes, things go back to normal and those strands will fall out quickly. You could lose a lot of hair at once.
- The Pill: The hormones that suppress ovulation can also thin out your hair. You can also lose hair when you stop taking the pill.
- Medicines: Drugs like blood thinners, methotrexate, cholesterol lowering medications, chemotherapeutic agents, anti-depressants etc. can cause hair loss and thinning.
- Crash Diets: You may lose more than weight with a fad diet. And if you lose weight more rapidly, you might also lose hair in a couple of months.
- Deficiency: A longstanding deficiency of Iron, Folic acid, and other nutrients can also trigger off hair loss and cause hair thinning.
- Tight Hairstyles: Wearing tight ponytails can irritate your scalp and cause hair to fall out. Long-term use of these styles can scar your scalp and lead to permanent hair loss.
- Cancer Treatment: Chemo and radiation therapy, can take a toll on your hair. In their quest to kill cancer cells, both can harm hair follicles and trigger dramatic hair loss.
- Extreme Stress e.g. a serious illness, major surgery, trauma involving blood loss, severe emotional disturbance etc., can cause you to suddenly shed huge amounts of hair.
Hope this gives you a fair idea about the possible reasons for losing your lovely hair. The good news is, there's often a way to fix it. You can consult me for if you are losing hair and need a solution for the same.
Arthritis is an inflammatory joint disorder of autoimmune starting point. In arthritis, the joints get to be painful, inflamed, swollen and warm with checked stiffness. Chiefly the little joints of wrist, fingers, ankles and toes are included. Over the long haul, other huge joints may likewise get influenced.
Homeopathy is a standout amongst the most prevalent all encompassing system of medicine. The determination of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms comparability by utilizing comprehensive approach. To the extent therapeutic medication is concerned, a few very much demonstrated medicines are accessible for homeopathic treatment of arthritis that can be chosen on the premise of cause, sensation, location, modalities and augmentation of the protests. For individualized remedy determination and treatment, the patient ought to counsel a qualified homeopathic doctor face to face.
Causes of arthritis
- Injury: It can harm to ligament, bone, and cartilage that eventually prompts to extreme pain.
- Obesity and propelled age: Both are extremely regular cause of arthritis.
- Infection: Any sort of infection to the joint may come about arthritis.
- Sprain: Due to sudden unnatural developments causes pain and additionally limitation of development of the joint.
- Overuse: Overuse of knee joint can cause bursitis which eventually prompts to extraordinary pain.
- Dislocation: Also causes serious arthritis.
- Different causes: Include Sickle cell disease, Sarcoidosis, Kawasaki disease, Lupus, bone tumors, Crohn's disease, bleeding disorders and so forth.
Will Homeopathy treat joint inflammation?
Homeopathic method of treatment is extremely powerful in treating rheumatoid arthritis. Homeopathic medicines treat rheumatoid arthritis by directing the overactive immune system. They decrease joint inflammation and symptoms including swelling, pain and stiffness of joints. Homeopathy offers an extensive variety of medicines for rheumatoid arthritis. However, there is nobody cure for all ills connected with this condition. The most fitting Homeopathic medicine for rheumatoid arthritis is chosen in light of an inside and out analysis of individual symptoms. Exceedingly successful Homeopathic medicines for rheumatoid arthritis are ActaeaSpicata, RhusTox, Causticum, Bryonia, Kalmia, Caulophyllum, Ledum pal, Guaiacum, Benzoic acid, Calcaria Carb.
The homeopathic treatment for arthritis has the capability of forever reestablishing the health of your joints. It merits finding a decent homeopath that will regard you as the individual you seem to be, instead of essentially "obtaining" a remedy from another person's experience.
Who is not stressed? And who doesn’t want to be stress-free? Stress is good when you are suddenly faced with danger and the body primes itself by releasing stress hormones like Cortisol for the fight and flight response. But when you get stressed a million times for nothing in a mere 24 hours, you are harming yourself in more ways than one. The consequences of excess stress are deleterious on numerous systems in the body like:
- Digestive system and metabolic function which controls body weight
- Cardiovascular system
- Musculoskeletal system
- Nervous system
- Reproductive system
- Immune system
Excess stress can also impact our mental and emotional states and consequently our relationships. What’s more alarming is that even though stress is a contributing factor in a variety of ailments, its influence is easily overlooked. This means that you must seek help to even eliminate occasional nagging stress before it wears you down completely.
Ayurveda offers an abundance of building, nourishing qualities through our diets, our lifestyle, and our daily practices for reducing the ravages of stress on your body. These are some of the things Ayurveda prescribes for dulling stress
- Slowing down: Since stress hormones wear your body and vital systems down, slowing down to rest, recoup and rejuvenate is the best antidote to stress. Make sure to eliminate as many stressors from your life to cut down on impact of the cortisol bolt. Choosing to prioritize things like adequate rest and taking long slow walks, also help in slaying stress.
- Taking a bath: A bath, especially a warm one, relaxes the nervous system, releases tension, and helps to quiet the mind. You can add Epsom salts, essential oils like Lavender to calm, cleanse and relax your body-mind. 1/3 cup ginger powder and ⅓ cup baking soda added to the water increases healing. The ginger- baking soda combination encourages circulation, sweating, and detoxification, and is also quite soothing.
- Practising oil pulling: Gargling with warm sesame or coconut oil helps to remove tension from the jaw and removes natural toxins from the teeth, and gums. Just sip a tablespoon or two of coconut oil and swish it inside your mouth for up to twenty minutes. Spit out and rinse with warm water.
- Doing Abhyanga- Ayurvedic oil massage: This ancient practice of self-massage with nourishing oils like sesame oil, calms the nervous system, lubricates and rejuvenates the muscles, and promotes healthy circulation. In addition, the oil also forms a protective sheath around the body that can help buffer your nervous system against stress. All you have to do is to massage in ¼–½ cup warm oil into your skin before a shower.
- Practicing Nasya: Nasya is the Ayurvedic practice of applying medicated oil to the nasal passages. This reduces stress, soothes and promotes unobstructed breathing. It also ups mental clarity.
- Massaging your feet before sleeping: Before turning in apply some warm oils like Sesame, Brahmi or Bhringraj to ground your energy and soothe your nervous system. This also promotes sound sleep. If you sleep well, your stress levels will automatically come down.
Women do not normally visit a gynaecologist, until they are suffering from any problem. Visiting a gynaecologist at regular intervals is important for good health.
Following are the 4 common reasons to visit a gynaecologist:
- Itchy vagina - Vaginal itching is very commonly ignored as most women consider it to be embarrassing, and as something that does not require any attention. However vaginal itching may be an indication of something more serious. Usually vaginal itching is a sign of fungal infection or a symptom of a sexually transmitted disease. In the worst-case scenario, it can even be a sign of vulvar cancer (a cancer of the vulva, which is the external part of your vagina).
- Painful sex - Most women feel that it is normal to feel a little bit of pain in your vagina during sex. However, the truth is that pain during sex is not at all normal. If you feel pain while indulging in sexual activity, there are chances of you suffering from either vaginal dryness or a mild infection, which if left untreated can become worse. Some of these infections can even be STDs such as herpes, gonorrhoea etc.
- Lump in your breast - A lump in the breast, whether or not accompanied by a bloody discharge from your nipples, is most likely a warning sign of cancer. You should also watch out for any type of pain in your breasts or even an abnormal growth as all of these indicate the development of cancerous cells in the breasts.
- Considerable bleeding during periods - If you bleed heavily during your periods, so much so that you have to change your sanitary napkin 2-3 times in just one to two hours, it's a cause of concern. If this heavy menstrual flow is also accompanied with shortness of breath and rapid heart rate, you may be suffering from anaemia. In extreme cases (which is very rare), this can lead to extreme blood loss, which may require a blood transfusion.
The most exciting thing about our oral cavity is your teeth are alive and not a dead bone. They grow just like your other organs and they do respond to many factors like nutrition, injury and bacteria.
It is important to understand what teeth, saliva, gums are all about. Lets have a quick overview of all the important structures in our mouth.
- There is a structure in the center of the tooth known as pulp. This pulp contains blood vessels that provides nutrition to the tooth and nerves that carries sensation to the tooth.
- This pulp is extended till the root tips at the bottom through root canals. This pulp is very fragile. Two protective coverings are there to en box the pulp i. E dentin which is yellow in color and it is closer to pulp. Second and outermost layer is enamel which is white in color.
- The enamel decides the final color of tooth. Stronger the enamel structure the brighter the tooth looks.
- Then comes the gums (gingiva), it gives the enveloping and protective covering to your tooth. It even acts as barrier and protects the intrusion of bacteria from outside. There are more than 400 species of bacteria that are trying to enter your blood stream through our mouth. Healthy gums provides the protection from all of them.
- The roots of the tooth is attached to the jaw bone with the structure called as cementum and attachment fiber. This acts as shock absorb er and protects the tooth from biting forces.
- Every tooth structure has its own role and importance.
- Apart from gums dentin and other tooth structures serves important role to maintain it into a healthy state.
- In coming blogs we will discuss the process of cavity formation and other problems in oral cavity.
- The most exciting thing about our oral cavity is your teeth are alive and not a dead bone.They grow just like your other organs and they do respond to many factors like nutrition, injury and bacteria.
- It is important to understand what teeth, saliva ,gums are all about.Lets have a quick overview of all the important structures in our mouth.
The Anatomy :-
- There is a structure in the center of the tooth known as PULP.This pulp contains blood vessels that provides nutrition to the tooth and nerves that carries sensation to the tooth.
- This pulp is extended till the root tips at the bottom through root canals.This pulp is very fragile. Two protective coverings are there to en box the pulp i.e dentin which is yellow in color and it is closer to pulp. Second and outermost layer is enamel which is white in color.
- The enamel decides the final color of tooth. Stronger the enamel structure the brighter the tooth looks.
- Then comes the gums (gingiva), it gives the enveloping and protective covering to your tooth.It even acts as barrier and protects the intrusion of bacteria from outside.There are more than 400 species of bacteria that are trying to enter your blood stream through our mouth. Healthy gums provides the protection from all of them.
- The roots of the tooth is attached to the jaw bone with the structure called as cementum and attachment fiber.This acts as shock absorb er and protects the tooth from biting forces.
- Every tooth structure has its own role and importance.
- Apart from gums dentin and other tooth structures serves important role to maintain it into a healthy state.
- In coming blogs we will discuss the process of cavity formation and other problems in oral cavity.
Erectile dysfunction (impotence) is the inability to get and keep an erection firm enough for sex.
- Having erection trouble from time to time isn't necessarily a cause for concern. If erectile dysfunction is an ongoing issue, however, it can cause stress, affect your self-confidence and contribute to relationship problems. Problems getting or keeping an erection also can be a sign of an underlying health condition that needs treatment and a risk factor for heart disease down the road.
- If you're concerned about erectile dysfunction, talk to your doctor — even if you're embarrassed. Sometimes, treating an underlying condition is enough to reverse erectile dysfunction. In other cases, medications or other direct treatments might be needed.