Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr satish clinicYour feedback matters!
If your child is suffering from mental retardation, homeopathy can help. A system of complementary medicine, homeopathy works on the dictum of ‘like treats like’. It is able to treat some of the toughest disorders and illnesses that allopathy finds hard to contain.
Mental retardation: Definition
- Mental retardation is a blanket term for a pattern of persistently slow learning of basic motor and language milestones during childhood.
- The adult manifests a below-normal intellectual capacity too. Such people have an intelligence quotient (IQ) of 70 or below.
- They usually have developmental disabilities, developmental delay, or learning difficulties.
These signs should alert parents and spur them to see a doctor-
- If your child learns to sit up, to crawl, or to walk later than other children
- Trouble speaking and forming words, remembering things, and having trouble understanding social rules
- Trouble solving problems
- Trouble thinking logically
What needs to be made clear is that poor academic performance by itself is not a sign of mental retardation. It can be due to multifarious reasons like behaviour problems.
Causes of Mental Retardation
- Down syndrome and Fragile X syndrome are the most common genetic causes of mental retardation.
- Problems during pregnancy and birth
- Rubella infection in pregnant mother
- Iodine deficiency in mothers
- Malnutrition is a common cause of reduced intelligence in children.
ADHD - Most Common Mental Disorder
ADHD or Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder refers to those psychological disorders, which significantly alter a child's behavior and considerably affects his or her relationships with others. This condition is seldom preceded by perceptible symptoms and even when they do, they are difficult to decipher. However some of them are:
- Self-centered: Those children who suffer from the attention deficit hyperactivity syndrome tend to be encapsulated in their own subjectivity. Though this does seem harmless apparently, this tendency may lead them to be insensitive to other's needs and wants.
- Emotional outbursts: ADHD makes children extremely susceptible to frequent emotional outbursts and makes them erratic.
- Difficulty in concentration: Children who suffer from ADHD face extreme difficulty in concentrating or focusing on things. Many a times they fail to repeat what was told to them.
Autism - Mental Disorder
Autism, sometimes also classified as part of the Autism Spectrum disorder or ASD is a disorder of brain development, which will affect a child's capability to interact socially, in communicating through verbal and nonverbal means as well as exhibit repetitive behaviors. Some severe cases of these behaviors may also result in self-harm as well.
Other than this some other characteristics may be:
- Major to minor difficulties in motor coordination
- Intellectual disabilities
- Attention problems
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Sleep related problems among others
How homeopathy can help
Conventional medicine is mostly used to treat some of the symptoms but is never used to cure or provide remedies for a mental disorder. A proper professional homeopath will be able to guide you to get the best results for your child and reduce all the problems of the respective disorder, if not outright cure it.
After a case taking and proper evaluation of the case the homeopath decides which remedy is to be given. Results are quick and the changes in the children are seen fast.
There are other things that you as a parent can do to help your intellectually disabled child like learn everything you can about intellectual disabilities. This way you can guide your child to live a near-normal life successfully. Also get your child involved in group activities like art classes, drawing etc. This will help him learn social skills and become more independent.
What can be done to make a person believe again that he can survive, if a person has made his mind to die after being in depression for a long time. Due to this attitude of him neither he's improving in his health conditions nor mentally. Please Help!
I have been diagnosed with psychotic depression and the doctor prescribed me olanzapine 10 mg but I lack of motivation please help me.
I'm taking indernal 10, stemetil md and clonetic-les for depression but now some days I am feeling better and some time like stuck. Whenever I stop taking medicine feeling dizziness after 2-3 days. Want to stop this habit of medicine and also want to be free from this depression. What to do?
Pedophilia is an unnatural or abnormal attraction towards children of either or both sexes, usually aged thirteen years or younger. A pedophile's attraction towards adults varies. They fantasize and/or act on their fantasies with children who have not reached puberty. Pedophilia is one of the most common paraphilia (abnormal sexual desires). The DSM i. E. Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders has included pedophilia as a mental disorder.
Here are a few facts about the disorder:
1. Pedophilic disorder is when pedophiles approach children to sexually gratify themselves or if desires towards children make them feel guilty and anxious and so, they alienate themselves from the society and are unable to achieve their personal goals.
2. One very important fact that one must keep in mind is that not all pedophiles molest children and not all child molesters are pedophiles. When one desires children, they are pedophilic. But only when they act on their desires, and sexually assault children, they are child molesters.
3. Since most pedophiles do not come forward or admit to having sexual desires towards children, most of the studies have been conducted on the pedophilic child molesters. However, the number of pedophiles is vast considering that there are about 4 million websites in business catering to child pornography.
4. Opening up and seeking help from a psychologist or psychiatrist might help them in curbing and managing these desires and prevent them from acting on them and committing sexual offenses. In rare cases, pedophiles are also prescribed medications to lower their sex drive.
5. Male pedophiles are far more common than female ones.
6. Most of the child sex offenders are family and relatives.
7. Psychologists believe that children who are lonely and aloof, and feel neglected are at a higher risk of being sexually abused. The type of activities differs in each case, while some just undress and look at a child, others force the child to take part and perform oral sex and/or touch the genitals or more.
8. In most countries, it is mandatory to report a pedophile to the authorities even when there is no risk, which is why most pedophiles do not come forward and admit having this disorder. They refrain from seeking help.
However, there is a prevention project dunkelfeld in Germany that provides free of cost services to people who are attracted to children, but are dedicated to not to act on their desires and molest children. This program maintains its members' confidentiality. Such programs are essential for a healthy society.
Hello doctor. Sometimes my hands are shaking. Not always. But its like I do not have strength in my hands. Why its so. Is it due to anxiety? Can I have any solution pls.
I have a memory loss problem. This could be due to B12 issue and I would want to reverse this .How do I do it?
I am 35 years old. Since last 20 years I am suffering from depression, anxiety,panic attacks. Lost career. Relationships.everything. Tried many treatments, no one suggested me to see psychiatrist. After divorce have been sexually harassed by so many people, everyone approaching me just for sex, when I refuse they abuse me verbally. Most of them are my school friends, people I knew for many years. Because I am divorcee, and I am so much emotionally and mentally disturb they are trying to take advantage of my situation. I have blocked everyone. I have stopped receiving calls. I have stopped going out. I am so afraid to go out as I can not handle this sexual harassment anymore. I am rape victim. I do not know how I am going to spend rest of my life. There is any way that I can live normal life ever again.
How do I concentrate with my studies second I can't resist a sex with am really carried away anytime help me with those thank you.
I am 23 years old male. While sitting on a chair, I was resting my head on my right hand fist, because I was feeling sleepy. I did fall asleep, and that made my head slide down the fist and mid air. I woke up immediately. But I feel like I punched my right side of the head. But I have an immense fear of head injury. I did not fall off my chair. It was just a brief moment of falling asleep and waking up as soon as I did. But i am just anxietic about me getting hit by my own hand idk. Please help me out in knowing can such injury cause any trauma to the brain? PS: I DO HAVE ANXIETY DISORDER. But I wanna make sure i am totally fine. Please In the past I did fall off the bed but the reports turned out normal with no internal injury neither external. But i am just too worried about getting hit in the head and get either a very bad concussion or internal bleeding.
I have been suffering from heaviness in head, sleeplessness for the past 4 days. The same problem occurs 1 year past. After having nexito forte for 20 days the problem resolves. But it has again come back? So what to do?
I smoke too much so what to do to maintain low risk? And due to that I get exhausted too early.Please suggest me something for controlling that.
Hi, Actually I don't have a stammer problem but when I speak in public or in a group of people I'll get stammer. And I'm also feel nervous and anxious when moving in public. I don't like to go out mostly. I think I'm suffering from social anxiety disorder. Is that right. If yes Can any medicine treats me in this regard. Please Answer me.
Hi, There was a small down in my business, that caused me kind of anxiety, I am trying every possible measures to remove that anxiety away from me, but it feel a little better and when I get back to my business I again feel like my throat choking. It only happens when I get to my business.
I said about my past life to my partner after marriage I mean about how boys proposed me. How they contacted me through phone and some mental attractions about boys. He reacted positively and said you are great and how you faced all these conditions? Now he is separate from 1 month I think the past is disturbing him! I don't know how to face all these in the society. He also said about his past and about girls. I am in so much depression. Please suggest me something.
I am at that stage of my life where I can't figure out things. I have too many things that are causing sadness. There is anxiety, there is forgetfulness, lack of interest, no happiness from within. I have been lonely for a quite number of days. And I cannot mix with people immediately. I am facing difficulty in communicating and speaking my mind. I am always alone in college. I also face problem in making friends. All people already think that I remain indifferent and will never talk to me. I think that I don't know to socialize. What can I do about it?
I am looking for Anger Management. I am a very short tempered person which is effecting my marriage.
How will I know That I am bipolar or not? Is fluctuation of mood a symptom of bipolar disorder? Please specify.
One of the emerging psychiatric disorder that has significant medical and psychiatric consequences is compulsive sexual behaviour or hypersexuality, is an obsession with sexual thoughts in which people cannot manage their sexual behaviour. It may involve a commonly enjoyable sexual experience as self-stimulation which becomes an obsession. The person suffering from the condition may also get involved in sexual behaviours that are outside the bounds of commonly accepted conduct like paying for sex or having extramarital affairs.
Untreated compulsive sexual behaviour damages one’s self-esteem, health, job, relationships and career. However, with treatment and self-help, one can manage compulsive sexual behaviour and learn to manage one’s urge. Males are more likely to be unfaithful than females because they have stronger sexual impulses and weaker self-control. Compulsive sexual behaviour symptoms vary in type and severity. During intense sexual impulses, one feels as if they're beyond control. This is the first and the most common symptom as the patient uses compulsive sexual behaviour as an escape route for problems like loneliness, depression, anxiety and stress. One has trouble establishing and maintaining emotional closeness, even if one is married or in a committed relationship.
The treatment for compulsive sexual behaviour involves psychotherapy and medications. A primary goal of treatment is to help one manage urges and reduce excessive behaviours while maintaining healthy sexual activities. If one has compulsive sexual behaviour, one may need treatment for mental health condition. People with compulsive sexual behaviour often have alcohol or drug abuse problems or a mood disorder such as depression.
Counselling sessions can help one learn how to manage one’s compulsive sexual behaviour. Intensive treatment programs for compulsive sexual behaviours focus on identification of core triggers and beliefs about sexual addiction. It assists in development of healthier choices and coping skills to minimize urges and deal with the preoccupation of sexual addiction. Psychodynamic psychotherapy can prove to be very useful as it focuses on increasing one’s awareness of unconscious thoughts and behaviours, and developing new insights into their motivations. Resolving conflicts using this therapy is also recommended. The other kind of treatment program is cognitive behavioural therapy. This therapy helps one to identify unhealthy, negative beliefs and behaviours and replace them with healthy, positive ones. Family therapy and couples therapy may restore trust, minimize shame and guilt thus establishing a healthy sexual relationship between partners.
Medications include anti-depressants like selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, mood stabilizers and anti-androgens have also been used to treat compulsive sexual behaviour. Anti-androgens are prescribed as it reduces the biological effects of sex hormones in men thus reducing sexual urges. Luteinizing hormone is also prescribed as it reduces obsessive sexual thoughts by reducing the production of testosterone. Anti-seizure medications, naltrexone, and medications which decrease male hormones have been found to decrease the compulsive urges and impulses associated with sexual addictions for some sufferers.